Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene One

It's a blustery November Monday, far too early in the morning, and Professor Legate is late - as usual. The classroom is abuzz in her predictable absence; there's so many special events coming up - and plans need to be made, dates arranged and pranks prepared.

Firstly, there's the Hogsmeade trip this weekend. Are all of you able to go? You do need to have gotten a signed permission form from your parents during or after your third year. If so, what do you hope to visit? Is there anyone you'd like to go with you? Better step to it, your classmates certainly have.

Secondly, the day after? Quidditch match, first of the season! Even better, it's Gryffindor vs Slytherin. Are any of you besides Cana on one of the Quidditch teams? Quidditch fans at least, or do you all share Lee's opinion? Bets, both friendly and for serious galleons, are being made. Seems Slytherin's favored to win this match...

Lastly, the Tri-Wizard Tournament. If it's all talk, there's going to be a lot of disappointed students - it's an open secret at this point, and talk of who should or shouldn't be Champion is rampant. Other than yourselves, who would you all pick?

If today's a usual day, you probably have five to ten minutes before the Professor shows up to collect your homework. You did do it, right?

HOUSE POINTS - CURRENT STANDINGS
Ravenclaw - 105
Slytherin - 99
Gryffindor - 90
Hufflepuff - 73

Ravenclaw
Mags - Which name are you going by at the moment? What classmate did you have a vision about, and does it bode good or ill for their future? Do you intend on doing anything with this information?

As for your Hogsmeade plans, it seems Chaucer is pretty insistent that they include Chaucer in them. Seems he's taken a fancy to you, and is plying you with all sorts of smooth lines. What does he say that's particularly uncreative? What do you think of him? Is there someone else in the class you'd prefer?

Valerie - All is not well at Hogwarts, at least according to Erin and Gillian. Who in this class insulted Erin yesterday, and what does she suggest you do about it? What did Gillian see that bothered her? Do you think she's embellished the story any?

Speaking of Hogsmeade, what secret do you know of their that might be of use to you? Is there anyone you fancy you'd like to go with you? Do you think they'll ask, or do you need to take things into your own hands?

Slytherin
Erhard - No sooner did you sit down than Lizabeth tapped your desk with her wand, casting an askance glance at Gwen before asking, "Who's she planning on going to Hogsmeade with? You two are friends, right? I'm just curious, nothing else..." Are you certain of that? Has she even talked to you before? What do you plan on telling Lizabeth?

Speaking of nuisances, what sign did you get from your Creator yesterday? What do they have in mind for Hogwarts? For you? Do you accept their agenda, or will you seek to rebel? What was the first task you must fulfill?

Gwen - I'm sure a lesser person would be tired after the late night you had, but you're alert and sharp as ever. What great deed kept you up so late, and who in the class did it impress? What faculty member did it absolutely not impress, and how many points did it cost Slytherin?

The weekend trip? While I'm sure you'll insist that everyone wants to go with you, has anyone actually asked? What did you tell them? What did you do last time you were in Hogsmeade that was unexpectedly fun?

Gryffindor
Lee - Bah, everyone's talking about magic stuff. Does any of it actually sound fun or interesting to you? Is there anyone you'd want to go to Hogsmeade with, given the opportunity? Who did you get into a scrape with last time you were there, and why?

Your keen sense for bullys and posh ponces has picked out a couple problems this morning. Brittany and Glenda look like they're seconds away from going for each other's eyes, and Eustace is certainly making a nuisance of himself on the far side of the room. Lizabeth seems to be bugging Erhard as well, though she's being real quiet so no idea as to what it is she wants. What do you do?

Cana - "So Cana, you going with anyone?" Lessy asks, stifling a yawn with her hand. She looks physically tired but otherwise alert. "Or are you going to be having a special practice that day?" You can tell she'd rather you went to Hogsmeade with her than get ready for the first game of the season! What's more important to you?

Unrelatedly, one of your classmates has smelled off to you recently. Who is it, and what do you think is going on? Have you smelled that particular scent before?

Hufflepuff
Senna - Guess who got a care package from home yesterday? You did! Mostly sweets, along with a note from your dads. What did it say that lifted your spirits? What did you bring today with you to class to share?

Switching from sweet to sour, it seems Glenda and Brittany are arguing again, both of them very publicly hissing insults at each other. Brittany looks like she's about to snap, though if she'll use her wand or just start punching you can't tell. Do you step in to try and calm them down, or would that just make the situation worse?

Zach - What latter did you get from home yesterday? What did your father order you to do? What did the package contain to aid you in your task? What punishment was promised for failure?

Speaking of bullies, Eustace seems to have - quite regrettably - taken a shine to Harriet. She's too polite to totally tell him off, but he's either not noticed or not averse to her plain disinterest. Do you step in, or is discretion the better part of valor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom
pre:

|<Door                         [Prof Legate]                           Windows>|
|                                                                              |
|  [Rupinde]  [Glenda]  [Senna]             [Chelsea]  [ Angela ]  [Lizbeth]   |
|  [Althea ]  [Byron ]  [ Gwen]             [Chaucer]  [ Erhard ]  [Devon  ]   |
|  [Britt. ]  [ Cana ]  [Lessy]  [  Mags ]  [Analia ]  [Victoria]  [Eustace]   |
|  [Melanie]  [ Lee  ]  [ Erin]  [Valerie]  [Gillian]  [Zachary ]  [Harriet]   |
|                                                                              |
|                             [Practice Area]                                  |
|______________________________________________________________________________|
NPC List.
Stings Sheet.

The Cast
Gryffindors
Cana H. Lobos von Volfenfeld, The Werewolf - Played by godfish
Lee Gibson, the Unicorn - Played by shogeton

Ravenclaws
Margaret (Maggie, Margot) McClellan, The Fates - Played by Life Gets Worser
Valerie Easton, The Queen - Played by Rather Watch Them

Slytherins
Gwendydd Teague, The Scion - Played by Kitty Empress
Erhard Weiss, The Angel - Played by Axe-man

Hufflepuffs
Senna Avener, The Unicorn - Played by Jenner
Zachary Bainbridge, The Serpentine - Played by Ferrosol

*DON'T BE A CREEP*

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 12, 2015

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions:

I am drowning in noise. For some reason, I had thought I had the optimal position, with a fellow Horseman on either flank. There should be no downsides.

There are downsides.

"And after Chaucer called my mum a loon, he told me," Erin hesitates, glancing past me toward Mr. Umstead. "He told me the only good," she knocks twice for the D.E. word, "is a dead one. You don't say that about someone's mother, Val. I don't care if she's a (knock knock). She's my fuckin' mum."

Gillian pipes up, saying "There were a lot o' blood too, an' li'l tiny mouse bones in 'er belly. I loved me Masha to death--no pun intended--so t'see 'er all blown up really shook me 'ard. Most feelin' I ever 'ad for a livin' being. Even if she were just a cat."

"Val, Chaucer needs to put his knuts where his mouth is or learn what a real (knock knock) can do. You know?"

"Val, are you even lis'ning? My cat is dead. Strung up on m' bedpost, even! What am I supposed t' do with a dead cat?"

I raise my hands to both of them and look them in the eyes one at a time. "I'll think of something and Melt it in the morning." I relay most of the "club business" through the makeshift cubbies in the Melting Hall unless it's urgent.

The girls relax into their seats, and Erin immediately starts talking about her day to see who wants to listen. Gilly picks gunk out of her nails with her teeth very nonchalantly, for someone who's beloved pet just exploded, while I survey the area. The Hogsmeade trip is nothing special, but I did finally get permission from my scared-to-death parents. Martin and Erin have done the same, and Gilly forged her father's signature (his first name is Gil, apparently). I wouldn't mind getting to "take" Martin on the trip, or perhaps...

Gwen? She and I had that scrape in the dungeons the other night, and she seems more than capable enough to be a Horseman if she so desired (and no one ever does anymore, to my chagrin). Perhaps a holiday with me would convince her that I'm in the right. I could show her some of the better D.E. secrets, like the open casket leaning against the rear wall of Honeydukes. It actually transports the inhabitant to a distant field of marigolds, shrouded in the shade of a forest canopy. Death Eaters knew beauty too, Gwen.

Then there's Zachary, who I can tell glances in my direction more often than coincidence would imply. Either he's an assassin or he's fallen for me, and who am I to ignore such blatancy? I could show him the old Spelbruk's establishment, where my mother proposed to my father. It was abandoned and boarded up after someone mixed a Dazzling Potion into the tap, but there's a well in the outskirts that feeds right under it. My parents used to go there to... umm... discuss politics? It's aged well over the years, and anyone who does know about it knows to tidy up now and again.

The Quidditch match is drivel. Obviously I'll root for Gryffindor, if only for Martin. Same with the Tri-Wizard Tournament, actually. Any one of the Horsemen could succeed with the club's help, but Martin has the most stamina, muscle mass and sheer force in his manner.

So many irons in the fire. I hope I can forge something soon.

quote:

Name: Valerie Easton
Skin: The Queen
House: Ravenclaw

Look: Icy, captivating eyes
Origin: Occult leader

Stats: Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 0

The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following strengths for your gang:
- they're cultists (with dark oaths and willingness to die)

Streaming
You have a telepathic connection with your gang members. You can always hear their emotions and fears. When you try to hear specific thoughts, gaze into the abyss about it and add 1 to your roll.

Broker
You're attuned to how people value and weaken one another.Whenever you gain a String on someone with any Conditions named in a Skin move, such as blamed, one of them, morbid, dazed, snake food, like a sister to me, like a brother to me, moth to the flame, [outclassed or doomed], mark down 2 Strings on that person instead of 1.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They've failed you. This is all their fault, and there's no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Conquest, Slytherin

War, Gryffindor

Death, Hufflepuff

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 29, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile 1 Trespass/Forgiveness: 0
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Location: Defense from Dark Arts Class Conditions:

I looked at her with a incredulous look and then glance over at Gwen, "I have no idea, ask her." There was a bit of pause as I processed what she said next, and I thought of every time I had talked to her, and realized it was almost nonexistent. "I really do not know who is going with her, or who ever went with her. You have talked with her more, it is hard to even get a word in if you aren't someone she wants to impress. I mean beyond one club, I wouldn't see her for the most part." I say pointedly, push her wand off her desk and decide on to ask her a question back. "Why are you so curious?"

Lizabeth seemed to hang around my side of the room in normal classes, I had her also in potions, though as far as I can remember she was more polite than anything else, this must be her move. What she has against Gwen, I could only guess, I honestly didn't know the many minor fights across a school this crazy. I decided the truth was the best course of answer, granted, I could find out, but there was no reason too. She was obviously fishing for something and attempting to use me, and I was doing fine not being used for a tool or a weapon against someone else and then tossed aside after they are done with me.

It took a minute to admit that I was grumpy from the mark that the Creator had left, yesterday two students had a package they didn't ask for and if asked would not have delivered, both contained a small hand mirror that instead contained foe-glass. I saw the marks on their package, and though not a perfect, the 5th years Rolan Tengu and Rachel Hoyl were willing to tell me what they saw in them. It was a coiled snake that slowly backed away to strike. The mark of divine was apparent, and I was sure the mirrors would work for no one else. I figured that they both would face a serpent, or another enemy.

I wasn't sure one what it would be, or even symbolic of an enemy, and it I had spend most of the day in the library trying to trace the varied and insanely family trees of both of the students, to see what long term enemy could use that symbol, beyond the obvious. I knew that basilisk was dead, so it couldn't be that. It was until a student next to me was studying a potion book, and waved his wand to copy the text to a scroll.

The wand exploded sending various fireworks around, the librarian rushed the student out of the hall, despite the fact it had obviously been a prank from someone else. The book had been moved enough by the explosion to shift to a certain page the soot from the fake wand had outlined "phoenix tears."

Leaning back in my chair, I thought about it a moment and considered the possibilities, either way, the task was clear. It had to be, I had to find a way to find phoenix tears, a incredibly rare, and worst of all beyond my sight. I doubted that it would be that easy either, the phoenix is not known to just give up its tears. Once again cryptic messages and many possible symbols it could be, do I try to search for a lost cause, or do I try to figure out the symbol?

All night in the library didn't help, it wasn't a tale, it wasn't a family crest of a current wizard family, it wasn't anything I could see in the newspaper. It was baffling, and I suppose that is what caused me to snap at Lizabeth. These emotions could over power me now, leading me astray. I had to admit the entire situation was making me frustrated beyond belief.

It was lucky it was defense of the dark arts at least, I had done my homework, one of the benefits of never sleeping is that homework is something that can be accomplished late into the night without any oddity. It is only when you are the first one up still doing it that it is an issue, thankfully, I finish long before then, and before anyone has stirred away. Homework at least was something that I could accomplish without any trouble nor any difficulty.

Hogsmeade was coming up and that was another event that I always prized, more because I could escape and find out bits and pieces of the world on the outside. I wasn't allowed in the tavern and that is fine, I would instead linger at the newspaper stand as always, and try to get another rare book for my collection. It had become a habit for me to lurk with the owner of Tomes and Scrolls, a Mr. Manutius would tempt with more mysterious tomes that might hold more exotic creatures and spells.

I found more pleasure in that then the Quidditch match, our team was expected to win for sure, but that meant more pressure on me. For I was one of the chasers. It wasn't something that I prized, but being able to fly by myself without a broom, had enabled me to pick up the sport quickly in a physical sense. I understand the seeker is the more popular role, and I had enjoyed sitting on the sidelines, until he was struck down by a Scrofungulus illness.

The Gyffindor team was very smug that day, and I suspect they might have something to do with it, but either way, I would make them pay for their arrogance. It was another delay of finding something to save the two 5th years.

Then to top it all off was the Tri-Wizard Tournament, I honestly thought that I would not be picked unless They decided to interfere, since James Oliver was the clear choice for us, and I had to agree with his performance. It was going to be exciting for everyone, but it would make my nightly strolls harder to make. I was of two minds about it, but I knew for sure that I would tempt fate by putting my name in for it.

2d6+1 → [4,2,1] = (7)
Shutting down Lizabeth

you each give a Condition
to one another: giving Lizabeth Nosey

quote:

Character Sheet: Erhard Weiss - Angel

Look: Stunning with intense eyes

Origin: On the path to redemption

House: Unknown (unsorted as of yet)

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: 1
Forgiveness/Trespass: 0

Angel Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cast From Heaven - You no longer have a dark stat. Instead, you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0. When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead.
Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone else’s will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lord’s permission, move the marker toward Trespass.
If Trespass or Forgiveness is highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Halo - When you turn someone on, roll with Forgiveness

Smiting - When smiting the wicked, add 1 to your lash out physically roll and add 1 harm to any harm dealt.

Grace and Brilliance - When you are at 3 Forgiveness, you are able to call upon blessing and divine might. Add 7 to your next roll. After rolling, reset the Trespass/Forgiveness scale to zero, and gain the Condition drained.

Gaze Into Heaven - When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness. On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry one forward to whatever you’d like.
• On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.

When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss. On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you, and you carry 1 forward to realizing that fear.
• On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move- When you have sex, you are reminded of your purpose here on earth. Lose one of your Skin moves and gain a different one.

Darkest Self- You've fought so hard to distance yourself from the lord, to establish autonomy and independence. In doing so, you've unwittingly stumbled into the service of another power greater than yourself. You will carry out their will as if it were your own. Whenever possible, you'll convince yourself that you're doing this of your own volition. You escape your Darkest Self when you realize who's been tempting you down this dark path, and beg others to save you.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 6, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Experience 0/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: None

Pleasant thoughts drift through my mind, images of my name emerging from the Goblet of Fire, pictured as a red-gold challis brimming with silvef fire, the flames forming my name in the air, me before the school holding the Tri-Wizard Cup up and then handing it to Senna- I can practically feel my tail, if I had it, wagging at the thought. Hrm, the Tournament... It better be real, if it is I'm bound to be chosen, the right mixture of skill, friendships, brains, humbleness and physical ability, combine to make me the perfect choice. But a few other people would be good as well, Gwendydd might have a chance if the Goblet doesn't care about massive egos, and both Jack Oliver and Alex Westley would be fantastic choices in my book. Alex would be my first (second, after me, obviously) choice, since it has to be a Gryffindor, but I'm sure Oliver would bring Hogwarts the win, which is really what its all about.

I open my eyes blearily and lift my face a few inches off of my arms, where I had been resting comfortably a moment ago. Not sleeping, just resting them. "Oh you know Lessy, I'm going on a date with Senna, remember?" Its not like I haven't mentioned it, but I have the feeling she's pretending to ask as a mix of something to say and wanting to whine a little that I won't be spending the whole day with her. Desire to win Quidditch matches aside, I never book practices during the day of a Hogsmead trip, I expect my team members to put Quidditch first, but I don't want to ask them to give up the rare treats that are Hogsmead weekends.

"I've booked the pitch after dinner for practice." I relent a little and give her a still sleepy smile, "I can go with you until noon though, that's when we're meeting up." Hmm. "You still aren't going with anyone then? Want me to hook you up? Max isn't seeing anyone right now, he's a huge stud." I lean over a little to give Lessy a playful shoulder nudge, winking. "And I can see if Senna's up for a double date for part of the time, if you want." I start to let my mind wander again, thinking about the date. If she doesn't mind and we go with Lessy and her date, I'd probably want to go to Honeydukes first, then the shrieking shack- always a good spot, especially since 'someone' found a way in from Hogsmead last year, and then hit up The Three Broomsticks to warm up and cool down after the shack. After that, hmm. Actually most of that plan sounds the same if its just me and Senna, except with a few visits to Madame Puddifoots thrown in I think, and maybe some time along out in the wilderness around the village. And maybe trying on some clothes in Gladrag's... Mmm, yeah...

My mind is jolted from those happy visions by the scent drifting across from Deline as she hurries in, several minutes late. Most notably, she smells like Smythe, which on its own isn't too odd. They've been on again off again dating for a little over year now, no one has any idea what she sees in him, and they always get into some stupid argument and break up, then get back together. The last one was just after term started this year, pretty vicious argument this time I'd heard instead of the usual petty bullshit, and this was the longest they'd gone without getting back together, I figured they were finally through. But they smell like they've been rolling in each others scent all morning- probably why she's late- which is unpleasant enough to smell, but under that is another odor, a mix of chemical and alchemical, a sickly sweat potion scent. If I was a better potioneer, I might be able to tell what it is from the mixture of scents, but all I'm getting out of it is a headache.

quote:

Name: Cana H. Lobos von Volfenfeld
House: Gryffindor
Wander: Cedar and Werewolf Fang
Look: Feisty, predatory eyes
Origin: Bitten

Moves:
Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Uncontainable
When you attempt to escape any form of physical entrapment, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, you escape.
On a 7-9 the MC will offer you a hard bargain: agree if you want to escape.

Stats
Hot +2
Cold -1
Vol +1
Dark -1

Advances
@: Werewolf Move: Uncontainable

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Spirit Connection: Gwendydd Teague

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 23, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +0, Cold: -1, Volatile +1, Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions:

Of course I did my homework (okay, technically Margaret did the homework but it was a team effort)! I always find time to complete my assignments. It helps that sometimes I start them before they're assigned. Most people don't put enough stock into their homework - even (or maybe especially) wizards. That sort of thing beats too much social interaction any day. Of course, Maggie tends to enjoy talking to too many people; she's probably the one who gave Chaucer the idea, somehow, that I was interested in him, which is a completely preposterous thing to think. But then, that's Chaucer. You didn't need to be psychic to see he was going to get hurt, here, you apparently just needed to not be Chaucer Umstead.

Honestly, I think after the big 'HP', every student who winds up a Gryffindor thinks themselves somehow superior to everyone else. I swear, they're worse than Slytherins, sometimes, at least Slytherins don't always consider themselves the Next Greatest Hero that ever was. The thing about Heroes though, the real ones? The ones that they used to write epics about (they being, I guess, Muggle writers; I hate that term, by the way. Couldn't we just say 'magic-less'? It is so much less derogatory, I don't consider my parents any less for not being inclined to magic, after all. Not everyone is possessing of every talent. But I guess that's the thing about wizards, and especially pureblood wizards - they have their broomsticks lodged firmly between their buttocks when not in use. Er...sorry, got carried away there). The thing about Heroes is they tend to meet Bad Ends - and usually someone like me knew it all along.

Not that all Gryffindor are like that though. I have great respect for Cana, I think she's a terrific Quidditch player and she's honestly a great study buddy. You know, if it wasn't for that one issue that happened, before. With that...thing. You know I have tried to scry on that spirit but I get really conflicting visions whenever I do? It's like, because Cana and I accidentally called it forth, we're tied to it; because whenever I try to invoke a vision of the spirit, I see something about one of the two of us; and it's never good. For example, I tried to determine where it had run off to last night, and instead I got a flash of Cana, all snarling teeth and anger and rage wading through a sea of blood - no shore in sight. She got tired and the tide rose and rose and rose until she finally couldn't swim anymore, and she sunk under the waves - awash in crimson, still screaming in insensate fury. I shuddered to think of it - it wasn't something I really wanted to share with her, maybe it was just some sort of weird feedback from the spirit. Either way, I kept feeling like we ought to go track it down at some point, and soon - it's not as if I could really ask anybody else to help, either.

"I said, you must be a Dementor, because I'm crazy about you." The sheer terrible audacity of the line drew me out of my own head and left me staring in bewilderment at Chaucer. Was that really what he was leading with? Honestly? I didn't dignify it with a response; myself. As I said - I'm not the one to do that sort of thing. That's Margaret's job, or Maggie's, in a pinch. I just kind of blinked, murmured "uh-huh...", and turned my face down to my notebook.

Like I said, I had already finished my assignment so notes were the last thing on my mind, really. Instead I went back to my illustration - I'm actually quite the sketch artist, I'll have you note. Not something I share with the other two; Maggie's a dancer and Margaret is a pretty good singer, if moody and depressing; that is if you can ever coax her to actually sing (you can't, don't try), but me? I like to draw. And right now I was drawing Lee. Again. What a handsome guy though, right? I'm sure not everyone could see it but that wasn't really my problem now was it? In fact, bonus; because that means I wouldn't have to push as many people out of the way; something else I'd be happy to do. I know he hasn't really...returned my affections - yet. But I know he will some day - and no I haven't Seen it. I don't want to jinx myself and I think that probably counts as too close to finding out my own future? Nevertheless, these things can be pushed along and I'd happily do it the mundane way if necessary. I suppose I could use a spell of some sort? But he's muggleborn, I'm muggleborn - it really wouldn't be fitting to use magic where good old fashioned flirting and conversation would do, right? The only problem is what I mentioned above - I'm not the talky one; and neither of the talky ones felt the way I do about him, which, I mean...I don't understand. It's hard not being in synch on something; it's like for every step forward I take two steps back, literally. Maybe more, depending on how much time I spend on the bench. Frustrating, is what it is.

Anyway, as far as Hogsmeade goes - that wasn't really my department but I guess I was going. I mean, it was going to happen; dad gave permission and that's all the go-ahead Maggie needed to make sure we were going to be there. I guess. I wouldn't have any fun, and I don't think Margaret would either, so really it's up to Maggie to pull it off. Which means relying on Destiny to settle things such that it's her turn; and trying to set that sort of thing up wasn't easy. Still, if I could convince Lee to go with me, I suppose then I wouldn't mind if I ended up having to attend it directly. And Maggie would play along because well, otherwise it would be a real mess.

A couple murmurs of bets about the upcoming Quidditch match made me smirk - I hadn't Seen it, yet, but I would take a minute and do a proper scrying on the outcome of the game soon. And then I would either decide if I'd let it be known or if I'd say the opposite - and then bet against my own prediction. I've done that, too, and made proper bank that way. Either way though I tend to come out ahead. Honestly I didn't terribly care for Quidditch one way or another - a sport that is so dangerous it can cripple or kill it's players - who are children, by the way - is kind of ridiculous to be so proper; but then everything about being a wizard tended to be insane and nonsense; so I suppose it was par for the course. Either way if I could make some money on the side then who cares? I never see Cana in any trouble and for the most part that's the only thing I'd worry about directly - Lee doesn't play, himself. And neither do I, most importantly - everything's a little too tempestuous to make me really competitive. Besides, then I couldn't end up winning bets - either for money or for favors, which were way better, anyway.

Speaking of stupid dangerous wizard nonsense - the Tri-Wizard Tournament. I never, ever, really want to get involved in it. Sometimes Maggie does, but thankfully when we have disputes we tend to work on the majority system when it comes to actual mortal danger. Hence no Quidditch, and hence no Tri-Wizarding. Is that the proper term? Something about a bunch of teenagers with poorly controlled powers rampaging through the countryside confronting dragons and other extremely dangerous things doesn't appeal to my sensibilities. Every year someone gets hurt, or worse. Every single year - and yet they keep doing it. I guess if I had to pick a favorite to win it, it would probably be Gwendydd; not that I particularly cared, of course, but she rubs me the wrong way. Probably because she still makes up ridiculous claims like I am not a real Seer. Honestly. I think perhaps I, and the professor of Advanced Divination would know that a bit better than her, right? Scratch that, no think, no perhaps, definite. There's a reason I have top marks in Advanced Divination - it's because I'm that good. Still, if anyone was going to win the Tri-Wizard thing the smart money's on her. I never bet on the Tournament though, like I said, too much risk and it always leads to tragedy somewhere along the line. And I didn't need my Sight for that.

quote:

Name:Margaret K. McClellan (Maggie, Margot)
Skin:The Fates
Look:wind-tossed, wide eyes
Origin:trained fortune teller

House: Ravenclaw

Stats:
Hot: +1
Cold: +0
Volatile: +0
Dark: +1

Moves:

The Tangled Skein
You have three aspects. Each aspect provides a bonus to one Stat and a penalty to two others. You are always in one of three aspects. At the beginning of the game, you can choose which aspect you are currently in. Many Fates moves will tell you to change aspects, but you can only change aspects once per scene.
The Maiden - You gain +1 Hot, but -1 Volatile and Cold while in this aspect.
When you follow your passions regardless of propriety or tact for yourself or others, change aspects.
The Mother - You gain +1 Volatile, but -1 Hot and Cold while in this aspect.
When you harm those that have harmed someone or something you love, change aspects.
The Crone - You gain +1 Cold, but -1 Hot and Volatile while in this aspect.
When you break a longstanding bond or ruin a relationship or friendship, change aspects.
Changing aspects follows a progression: The Mother follows the Maiden, the Crone follows the Mother, and the Maiden follows the Crone.

Washer at the Ford
When you gaze into the abyss to learn about someone, add the following option to the 10 and up list: “the visions show you their fate. You give them the Doomed condition and change aspects.”
Add the following to the 7-9 list: “the visions show you a glimpse of fate. Change aspects.”

A Feast for Crows
Whenever you change aspects, you gain a benefit: when you change to the Maiden, you may remove a Condition; when you change to the Mother, heal 1 Harm; when you change to the Crone, mark experience.

Cassandra
When you issue a warning of doom to someone else, roll with dark and change aspects. On a 10 plus give them the condition Doomed or carry one forward towards ensuring your prophecy comes true. On a 7-9, as above, and they choose one:
-they gain a string on you
-they give you a condition
-they carry 1 forward against you or towards avoiding their fate.
If they fail to avoid their fate, they mark experience and you take a string on them. If they avoid their fate, they gain a string on you.

Cauldron Burn, Cauldron Bubble
When you tag the condition Doomed for a bonus, you may take +3 instead of +1, but they lose the condition Doomed and take a string on you. While you are The Crone, they do not lose the Doomed condition.

Jealous Coils
When anyone gets close to someone you covet and you act territorial, roll with dark. On a 10 up, both: they lose a String on your coveted, and you gain a String on your coveted.
• On a 7-9, gain a String on your coveted, and your coveted chooses:
- they give you a Condition,
- you say something you'll regret.

Sex Move
When you lay with another, you gain a glimpse of their destiny. You change aspects and give them the Doomed Romance condition. When someone who already has the Doomed Romance condition sleeps with someone other than you who doesn’t have it, they lose the condition and the person they slept with gains it instead. Doomed Romance counts as Doomed for all Fates moves.

Darkest Self
For too long everyone has ignored your warnings and avoided the futures that you have foreseen and which were due them. No longer can they be allowed to shirk their fated moments. You will guide the hand of destiny yourself and cut those threads that have grown beyond their ordained length, so that no one will think themselves above the order of things ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you have changed your aspects three times, or when someone proves to you definitively that their fate can be avoided or ignored.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 2, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: +1, Cold: +2, Volatile -1, Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions:

Why is there so much to do and so little time to do it. I mean you think I'd be used to it by now but the studying really seems to be a lot harder this year. I just about managed to finish my homework although I was up past midnight working on it. Still that's not the worst part about this year at Hogwarts,. No that's reserved for the weather, it's freezing. There's damp climbing the walls and frost in the air and it's only November who the hell knows what it'll be like by the middle of winter. It's bad enough that other people are complaining about it. Imagine how I feel cold-blooded snakes aren't made for this weather. I should be hibernating in front of a big fire right now. Still enough layers of clothing and a couple of heating charms keep me going during class. But the nights have been a freezing hell. To make matters worse all everyone's talking about is this stupid Tri-Wizard tournament, like I care we only won the original one because someone was smart enough to pick Potter we won't be winning this years unless we pick someone really good. I think Gwen wants it but it's hard for me to tell whether she's serious or not. Truth be told it's looking like half the school are going to be lining up to put their name in and it'll probably be one of the 7th years who gets the nod I hope it's one of the hufflepuffs.

To make matters worse I've had another letter from Dad. It was filled with all the usual language about me being a disappointment, but I'm used to that by now. It was the rest of the letter that was a shock. It was asking what the delay was with me making how did Dad put it. "An acceptable dynastic alliance" He doesn't mean what I think he means. I'm too young to get married. Still why else would he send me a love potion with the instructions "use this if you still need help" if that wasn't the sort of direction he was pointing me in. Not that I want to use something like that. Maybe I could find a drain or something to pour it down and hope dad never finds out. I could make up a lie about being involved with someone but Dad must have someone spying on me here because he always seems to know what I'm up to. Still if I don't come up with something quick to keep him happy he's threatened to take away my Hogsmeade privileges I'd be even more isolated if that happened.

Meanwhile Gryffindor and Slytherin are having their usual pointless macho posturing over who''s going to win the Quidditch match. I just wish they'd get it over with so we could get on with the rest of the term without more of this crap. I mean who cares about fourteen idiots chasing each other round on broomsticks. I don't understand this mammalian obsession with unnecessary displays of bravado. Speaking of unnecessary bravado it looks as if Eustace is engaging in what I believe my peers refer to as "hitting on" Harriet who is looking increasingly uncomfortable with the act. Despite some initial confusion on my part it seems "hitting on" doesn't involve physical assault but a series of pleasant conversations with the aim of procreation for pleasure at their end.

Normally Harriet would put him down with a clever remark or joke. I'm not good at jokes. I tried to tell one once about a twelve inch violin player that I overheard from another student but for some reason no one laughed. Still today she seems hardly in the mood for his antics and is obviously feeling some distress, Perhaps I can assist in some small way.

"The lady isn't interested in your antics. Leave her alone." I asked Eustace politely while staring into his eyes. For some reason it makes people uncomfortable when I stare like that. They always seem to blink first. Still if it works it works i'm not about to discount it's value.

[20:12] Ferrosol shut down Eustace
[20:13] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:13] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
[20:13] Ferrosol just
giving him the condition Pest he can give me whatever

quote:

Name: Zachary Bainbridge
Skin: Serpentine
Look: Sleek, Apprehensive eyes
True Form: a tail, undulating limbs without joints
Origin: A family of old Wealth
Stats:
Hot: 1
Cold: 2
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Harm:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Experience Points:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone,
they become a part of the Failing
Dynasty (and subject to the move’s
mechanics).

Darkest Self:

You aren’t ever going to be the person
that your family wants you to be.
You can’t live with their shame and
insanity any longer. You need to
escape your current identity, go into
hiding, or run the gently caress away. You need
to threaten or hobble anyone who
would try to keep you in these familial
chains. You escape your Darkest Self
when you rejoin your family, or you
shed your past life and integrate
yourself into a new family.

Moves:

Failing Dynasty

In the age of serpents, your family was
powerful and prolific. Now, they live in a
shadow of their former glory. They want
to regain: their political clout

Whenever you are convinced to do
the bidding of a family member, carry
1 forward to doing it and that family
member gains a String on you. Whenever
you help your family regain some of their
former glory, mark experience.

Patience is a Virtue

When you bite your tongue and don’t
respond to adversity, roll with cold. On
a 10 up, choose one: gain a String on
them; they gain the Condition snake
food. On a 7-9, they gain the Condition
snake food.

A Little Bird Told Me

When you blab vicious lies about
someone behind their back, roll
with cold. On a 10 up, give them a
Condition. • On a 7-9, give them a
Condition, but some people don't
believe you, so gain the Condition liar.

Snake Plots

Dad Assigned
  • Silence Amelia Craggy
  • Make Cana publically embarrass herself
  • Find out what Mrs Spine is up to
  • Humiliate Lee

Homegrown
  • Get a date with Harriet
  • See that Eustace gets what's coming to him
  • Attend Lee's Foot in the Ball practice
  • Learn how not to be a total Klutz in a fight

Backstory:

You’ve been watching someone, trying
to learn from them what it means to
be human. Gain two Strings on them.

Your family seeks to control your
every move. The head of your family
gains two Strings on you.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 2, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: +2 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 0/5 Conditions:

Alright. Defense of Dark ARts is one of the classes I don't really ignore so much. I wanna go back home and make sure my home's safe from more Death Eater's right? There's a ton of classes I'm pretty okay with failing out of, but Defense Against the Dark Arts is not one of them. So, yeah, my housework is done. It's eh... not great. Not gonna lie, I'm not always so good at studying. Had to ask some help here and there.

Asked Margot for a bit help here and there, as well as Rupinde. I probably wouldn't have made it this far without a bit of tutoring from them, innit? Maybe I should take one of 'em out to Hogsmeade. I like it. I mean, with all the posh shite, it's good to see that not everyone to do with all the magicky stuff is upper class. Just the thing is, I don't wanna hurt them. I don't wanna be a dick and lead them on. And I'm not sure what I want.

I mean, I know Morgan likes me. And she's... she's pretty cool. She gets where I came from, even if she grew up in a posher place, but she doesn't treat TV like some weird foreign thing or something. Thing is, I'm thinking she wants to make it big in the wizarding world, right? Get a big load of NEWTS, maybe do something with that prophecy thing? I'm going back where I came from. It's not gonna work is it? I shouldn't encourage her.

Rupinde. I'm thinking of her. Shite, I'm gonna catch hell from some of the blokes back home, but I'll thump a few of them. But she's also nice. Kind. Cares for her family. But would she wanna live in London? Do I even want her that way? Like, I don't wanna just snog a bird for the snake of snogging a bird, innit? I don't even know if she fancies me.

Shite, maybe I should just head out alone. Getting an autograph from me mom isn't really a hard thing, right? Been walking around London on my own in the summer a lot, and Hogsmeade's safe enough. I could meet up with Friendly Frederick. Hear if he's got any good gossip, and what kind of shite he needs. Oh, I didn't actually steal anything. That's dangerous mate, but you never know when you suddenly need some money. Good to keep your options open. Can't exactly go and have that talk if I got Margot or Rupinde with me, right?

Oh yeah, the Broomball thing and the Wizard Cup thing. Yeah, I don't really give a shite, mate. Quiddich is for posh assholes. I mean, the fact that you can just buy a fancy rear end broom and just leave other people in the dirt? That's bollocks. But that's how these shites roll, for all their fancy talk, they wanna make sure the smaller wizards without the bloodlines and loads of money are kept in their place. Look at me, even if I wanted to do the Quidditch thing, my wand is a lovely, second hand thing that barely flies, and I haven't practiced much on it.

Who's probably gonna do the Trizwizard thing? Probably gonna be Cana. Big time Quidditch star, pretty hard. Just hope it's not gonna be dangerous like last time. I mean, without that Voldemort guy coming back, it's just like Olympics right?

Anyway, not important. poo poo's going on. Brittany and Glenda are having an argument, but that's not really bullying, is it? If a pair of blokes are having a row, that isn't for me to get involved in. And girls. Well, even when girls are bullyin' other girls, I can't really punch or use a spell to hurt a girl, can I? If it gets bead, I mostly just make sure I get her pissed at me, and leaves her target alone, and just deal with whatever later. So I'm leavin' that well enough alone for now, right?

Liz is asking something of Erhard, but look, if it comes for girl on boy bullying, I check three times. What bloke wants to have another bloke save him from a girl, right? If it's like a fifth years going at a first years or something, otherwise, unless it's pretty extreme, I'm thinking I'm hurting 'em more by doing something than the girl is doing. And I'm sure Erhard can handle himself.

Nah, the thing that gets my attention is Eustace and Harriet. Look, Eustace and I go back. We cost our Houses plenty of points and gotten weeks worth of detention already between him trying his shite and me thumping him. In a weird way, I respect that he's one of the few wizards who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and throw a punch. Most wanna be bullies are little bitches once you go hard on 'em, but he tries to step to me. I don't even hold a grudge against him too much. He tries to bully, I fight him. And he doesn't snitch about it. But usually, he doesn't bully on girls much. Maybe he's just trying to ask her out. But she isn't into it. And that, I can't have. So I'm getting off my chair, getting a look from one of the Posh Four next to me, as I like to call them, and start sauntering over to the other side.

When suddenly, weedy little Hufflepuff intervenes. Huh. Gotta see how that plays out. Of course, that means I'm stopping halfway the class, and I can't just stand there looking at them, so I stop by Margot's table.

"What's up Margot? Thanks for helping me out yesterday with that Counterspell practice. I really wish they'd let us try to do some practice instead of always with the books. Anyway, you make it a lot more clear than Leggie."

I smile at her, while keeping an ear out for what Zach, Eustance and Harriet were doing.

Turn on Margot. Turn on Margot: 2d6+1 11 Getting a string on her, taking some xp

quote:

Name:Lee Gibson
Skin: The Unicorn
Origin: Survivor
House: Gryffindor
Look: birthmark, stoic eyes
People Should Never: Bully, make someone cry, think themselves better than others, snitch, leave their mates in a lurch, hurt a woman/girl.

Stats:
Hot: +1
Cold: -1
Volatile: +2
Integrity: 0

Moves:
o With Integrity
You judge your own actions harshly,
holding yourself to a high moral
standard. You have a fifth stat to reflect
this, which starts at zero and can climb
to 3. Gain a point of Integrity when
- you take the moral high ground
about an issue that matters,
- you follow through on something
important that you say you'll do.

You can gain up to 1 Integrity per
scene. When a move calls for you to
roll with integrity, erase 1 Integrity
after you roll

o A Good Person
Spend an Integrity to offer someone an
experience point to do what you say.
If they undertake to do that thing, and
you directed them towards making
a third party happier at no one's
expense, mark experience

o Speak From The Heart
When you have someone else's best
interests at heart, add 2 to your rolls to
manipulate an NPC.

Sex Move:
You have three intimacy moves:
When you lay your head in a virgin's lap,
gain a point of Integrity and choose:
- give them 1 forward to protecting you,
- roll to turn them on.

When you kiss a non-virgin, take 1 harm.

When you have sex, lose all your Integrity

Darkest Self:
This is it. Everything falls apart, and
you can't hold it together anymore. It's
not because everything is too much
to bear – just that you aren't good
enough. So beg their forgiveness,
everyone you've wronged by being too
weak to help; and show them how
sorry you are, in whatever small ways
you can muster before the final curtain
falls. Don't seek their acceptance.
You don't deserve it. You escape your
Darkest Self when someone reflects to
you a glimmer of your own self worth.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 14, 2015

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hot: +1, Cold: +0, Volatile: +1, Dark: -1, Integrity: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Today was looking to be one of the good ones. When Pryas brought me the box of goodies I about shrieked with delight. Dad had made me sweet caraway bread and some boxty with fresh-made blueberry jam from his own bakery sealed in a jar. It came with the kindest note,

A note posted:

"Some sweets for our sweetie. You will always be our blessed most-loved daughter. We are so proud of you.
Love always,
Your dads."
I put the letter in the box I keep all the others in (I like to reread them sometimes) and I was delighted to share my bounty with my housemates. In fact, I still had some bread left over afterwards! So, I brought some in a woven basket with me to class this morning, it was always good to share! I worried that the students near me could smell it because I definitely could. I didn't want to make my other classmates hungry, I fully intended to offer it up as soon as I could. I knew how many students there were in this class and I had made sure I packed enough for everyone. Dad had been very generous, he always was. I would wait until after class to offer my bread to my peers, though. I didn't want to make a disruption! I couldn't wait to see how happy it made them!

Before I'd left class everyone had been talking about the Tri-Wizard cup and the upcoming Quiddich match against the pair of rival houses. The game was going to have a huge showing and I planned to be there in support of my friends. I had a banner of each house color and I was ready to be adamantly neutral and happy for both. It was hard, sometimes, having a friend in every house and staying neutral. The Tri-Wizard cup was more of a nuisance however because everyone in my house wanted me to put my name in. Just like they wanted me to be Prefect and just like they wanted me to try for Head Girl. I told Angela Birkham, politely, that I didn't want to stick out that much. I wasn't here to bring a lot of notice to myself. Benji told me that's why I should be Prefect. He'd know since we made him the boys Prefect. But I'm not good enough to be Prefect and I think Chelsea is a perfectly good Prefect. I didn't really want to compete but everyone seems to think I'm the very best of Hufflepuff. That I exemplify the very best of us all in my nature and actions and that I'd be our perfect representative in the Tri-Wizard Cup. I just don't like all the praise! I'm not special and I don't deserve to be representing them! Sigh, I told them I'd think about it. Maybe if I stalled long enough the decision would be made for me.

I set my finished homework out to be collected and made sure it was even and centered on my desk. I tried not to fidget too much but the biggest issue on my mind was my date this weekend. I couldn't stop thinking about it! I played with my hair as I dwelled on this upcoming trip to Hogsmeade this weekend and about my date with Cana. Gosh! A date! I'd written Godmother for advice and she'd just told me to calm down, "Just because it happened to Ron Weasley and Luna Lovegood and Draco Malfoy doesn't mean that everyone marries their school sweetheart at this school. I'm still single! Just relax and have fun. It only means as much as you let it mean." Her letter had said. It hadn't made me feel any better. Mean as much as I let it mean? What did that mean? I didn't want to be rude to Cana but she really liked me and I still wasn't sure how I felt about her! She was a fine woman, athletic and friendly. She was the good kind of Gryffindor, I liked her a lot! I just wasn't sure if I was ready to be dating, or that I was good enough for her. There were plenty of other girls (and boys if Cana liked them) who were way better than me. And, I'd never been on a date before! I don't even know how to be on a date! To be honest, I was really nervous and I felt a little nauseous just thinking about it! I look over at Cana, what did she see in me? I notice she is talking to her friend Lessy and I try not to stare or be too nosy. I could overhear if I tried but I didn't want to be rude! Eavesdropping was very impolite! Looking at her now I was sure Cana would make a great date, she was attractive, kind, and I liked her smile. I calmed myself, it was just one date, it was going to be okay.

Thinking about Cana brought me back around to the looming Quiddich match. She'd be playing in that wouldn't she? It was going to be right after this weekend and, gosh were we girlfriends already or only after the date? All this was so complicated! Still, regardless of whether I was also her girlfriend right now or not I was still her friend and I wanted to make sure I was supportive! I waited for a break in her conversation before grinning her way, "Good luck in the match, I'll be rooting for you!" I meant it too.

[Rolling to unintentionally Turn On Cana
It's a 6
I could spend a string but Rauri wanted hard moves.
]

Oh dear, Gwen is right there and I was loud enough that she heard me too. Actually, there was a lull in the din of conversation and the whole class had heard me. Dread filled me, I sucked in a breath and pressed my hand over my mouth but it was too late. I realized, in that moment, that I'd accidentally picked a side! Poop!

I gulped audibly and flashed a nervous smile to the class before Brittany and Glenda started back up the chatter by beginning to fight again. I bit at my lip. What happened to them? They used to be so cute together and could rarely be caught apart. Now they were a hair trigger away from getting into a row and I felt so terrible. It was so hard, sometimes, to be a friend to both of them when they were like this. They wanted me to choose, to pick a side, but I really liked both of them! Not only that, I didn't want to choose and I didn't want them fighting. Oh, this was all my fault! "Brittany, Glenda, please." I beseech them, my voice quiet and my palms stretched out towards them in a passivising gesture. "I don't like it when you fight like this. Please stop, for me?"

[Rolling to Manipulate Glenda and Brittany towards peace for now
Krysmbot Jenner, 6+1 = 7
Marking XP for Hot.
What will it take for a temporary peace between?
]

quote:

Name: Senna Avener
Skin: The Unicorn
Origin: Blessed
House: Hufflepuff
Wand: Medium length, hazel and unicorn tail.
Look: Birthmark, modest eyes
People Should Never: Lie, showboat, be selfish, swear, steal, cheat, do drugs, succumb to hatred, bully, lash out in anger, misgender people, or hurt the innocent!
A Virgin Is: An individual who has not consensually engaged in sexual intimacy with at least one other partner without loving emotional attachment.

Stats:
Hot: +2
Cold: +0
Volatile: +1
Integrity: 0

Moves:
o With Integrity
You judge your own actions harshly,
holding yourself to a high moral
standard. You have a fifth stat to reflect
this, which starts at zero and can climb
to 3. Gain a point of Integrity when
- you take the moral high ground
about an issue that matters,
- you follow through on something
important that you say you'll do.

You can gain up to 1 Integrity per
scene. When a move calls for you to
roll with integrity, erase 1 Integrity
after you roll

o I Believe In You
When you believe in someone who has
just done less than their best, make
eye contact with them and roll with
integrity (& then erase 1). On a 10 up,
the roll they just made counts as a 10.
• On a 7-9, add 1 to the roll they just
made. When time seems to stop and
fate hangs in the balance, sometimes
believing in somebody is enough.

o Speak From The Heart
When you have someone else's best
interests at heart, add 2 to your rolls to
manipulate an NPC.

o Sanctuary (Witch)
You have a secret place for practicing witchcraft. Add 1 to
all rolls you make within this space.

o A Blank Canvas (Hollow)
When you take an action that
embodies one of the Conditions that
you have, and you allow that Condition
to influence your sense of self, cross it
off and add 1 to your roll.

Sex Move:
You have three intimacy moves:
When you lay your head in a virgin's lap,
gain a point of Integrity and choose:
- give them 1 forward to protecting you,
- roll to turn them on.

When you kiss a non-virgin, take 1 harm.

When you have sex, lose all your Integrity

Darkest Self:
This is it. Everything falls apart, and
you can't hold it together anymore. It's
not because everything is too much
to bear – just that you aren't good
enough. So beg their forgivenesses,
everyone you've wronged by being too
weak to help; and show them how
sorry you are, in whatever small ways
you can muster before the final curtain
falls. Don't seek their acceptance.
You don't deserve it. You escape your
Darkest Self when someone reflects to
you a glimmer of your own self worth.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 2, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 1 (Cont)
Still no sign of Professor Legate, the classroom's noise level is rising with every minute without supervision. More and more of your classmates are milling around the room, though the two spats (Zach and Eustace, Brittany and Glenda) are obvious to all.

Ravenclaws
Valerie - Oh dear, Zachary's gotten himself into into a bit of an entanglement with Eustace. Feel like rescuing the hapless boy? What previous run-in with Eustace have you had that might give you pause? Gillian's not watching them, though - she seems fixated on Lee and Chaucer, and seems to be giggling over the pair of them and Margot. What do you do?

Margot - Before you can respond to Lee, Chaucer fixes him with a hurt look. "Hey mate, I was talking to her first." He looks from Lee back to you with a flustered grin, seemingly trying to salvage a situation he hasn't realized was doomed from the get-go. Have you ever had boys fight over you like this before? What do you do?

Slytherins
Erhard - Lizey wrinkles her nose once you've admitted you don't have the info she's after, her look of hunger switching to pure irritation at you and everything you represent. "Are you thick? Because, the point is to find out without her knowing."

Gain condition Thick.

She looks like she wants to keep yelling at you, but withdraws into her seat to watch Eustace and Zachary instead. Looks like trouble's been brewed - are you stepping in to make things worse help? Or would your creator rather them solve it themselves? What should you do? What do you do?

Gryffindors
Lee - Your well-intentioned expression of gratitude has set Chaucer off. "Hey mate, I was talking to her first." He only looks at you in irritation for a second, then dismissively reverts his attention to Margot! He's in the same House as you, but have you always gotten along? The three of you have earned yourselves a bit of an audience, what do you do?

Cana - "Max? Huh..." Lessy traces a finger on her cheek while she contemplates it, and Deline hurries to her seat, looking somewhat frazzled. Still, one of your chasers looks like she's trying to get herself hexed, Senna's probably gonna get caught in the crossfire, Eustace has picked a fight with Zach, and Chaucer and Lee are both competing over Margot for some reason. What do you do?

Hufflepuffs
Zachary - "The Lady isn't interested?" Eustace stares at you for a moment, incredulous. "Of course she is." From the way he's grinning, you have reason to doubt that he believes that. "Butt out, loser." He doesn't draw his wand per-say, but it's certainly in hand and he's made sure you're aware of that. Harriet looks like she wants to say something, but looks towards you instead, curious. Are you gonna take that from him? What do you do?

He gives back the condition Loser.

Senna - You know those weird social silences, when an otherwise noisy room goes totally quiet just in time for someone to embarrass themself? You lucked into one of those right as you blurt out your support for Gryffindor this weekend. It's not so much bad as just sort of awkward.

Gain the condition Awkward.

Unfortunately, Brittany and Glenda are still fighting, though it's obvious to you your plea affected them some. Neither really wants to keep fighting, but neither will back down in front of so many onlookers. Perhaps if you made them back down? Gave them a social out? Then again, you've already embarrassed yourself once - is it really worth doing it again? What do you do?

They'll back down if you make a show of force first / give them an easy social "out".

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions:

Oh, Lee was talking to me! Well, wasn't he handsome? I'd say so. Luckily, while I wasn't Maggie, I knew a thing or two about being enticing so I batted my eyelashes and I was just about respond...

...when Chaucer ruined the mood by being obtuse. I just sort of stared, blankly, at him, for a moment. And then I turned my attention back to Lee. Sorry Chaucer, I don't want to be rude but you're not getting it and that's, well, not going to work for you in the long run. Besides which, I am definitely not a piece of meat to be fought over by hungry dogs. I am a sophisticated young woman, I much prefer to make my own choices and go after what I want, and, well, Lee's given me an opening and I wasn't going to let Chaucer ruin that for me.

"Anytime, Lee." I smiled. "I'd be happy to help you with whatever you might need help with." Except Potions please don't say Potions. Anyway, let's make sure he didn't think I just wanted to be study-buddies. The friendzone was a real and dangerous thing and I didn't want to put him there, oh no. No he deserved a much better spot than that. I brushed an errant strand of hair behind my ear and smiled at him, kind of turning towards him in my seat, which, coincidentally, also blocked Chaucer from my field of view entirely. Sorry mate.

"So...have you put any thought about what you're doing for Hogsmeade? H...have you thought about, uhm, going with anyone?" Oh god why am I stuttering? This really isn't my department why do these things always happen when it's my turn!? I blushed a deep crimson. And I averted my eyes. Way to be terrible at this, Margot!

<LifeGetsWorser> let's do this turn on
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 5 = 5
<LifeGetsWorser> D:

No way to salvage that. I guess I get an XP though!

Of course this didn't take into account how awful Chaucer must feel. But I couldn't really say anything now. Oh man he probably felt snubbed.

<LifeGetsWorser> ok Krysmbot, listen, that was a fluke. You can do this shut down.
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4-1 = 3

Nooope

Or, maybe I was just making an idiot out of myself. I shouldn't have said anything. Just kept drawing. Oh god the drawings! I covered my notebook with my hands. It was probably way too late. If Lee saw my stupid doodles I would just die!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Hot: -1 | Cold: 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness: 0
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense from Dark Arts Class | Conditions: Thick

"I figured as such, and that is why I wouldn't tell you even if I knew. Get someone else to be your spy." I said pointedly at Lizabeth till turning and seeing what that idiot Eustace was doing. He was a beater, and we needed him on the team not that he wasn't replaceable, but that took time and we had all trained together for a while now. Have I mentioned that I loathed him like none other? Oh, then good. You know what I mean and why I would despise him. I know what my Creator would do and what they would say, is let her find her role, or get a new friendship, but you know what? Sod that.

Seriously, I've had to watch this moron ruin any respect I've had for anyone else in my house, and I've had a bad day. When I have a bad day, it means that some people might just die, and though getting the phoenix tears are on my list of things to do. There isn't a real plan that I have to physically obtain them, nor with this upcoming game will I have time to try to search the castle while everyone is away. I was tired of him, and I was annoyed, so the Creator can himmeldonnerwetter as my Opa would say. I wasn't going to take it anymore.

I stood up silently behind Eustace who was jeering back at Zach, the Hufflepuff from a few weeks ago that had been late into the night. Without a word, I slapped the back of his head and it made a loud slap that filled the room. He turned around immediately until he saw me arms crossed and looking down at him.

"You dummkopf, if you get in trouble now you won't get to play. If your drecksau face isn't on the field, that will look poorly on us, and we will have to find another replacement. Again." I poked his chest with my finger almost like a dagger, "You don't get to talk to the frauleins, you don't get to have fun. You know what James will say if he finds out, and I am more than willing to let him find out. Unless you shut your piggy-mouth look forward and do your work like a good little school boy, who isn't going to have detention on the night of the big game. Get it. Shut up. Sit forward. Do nothing else." I resist the urge to give him a kick in the side of his leg, and turn around and sit down.

I sat down and swore in German under my breathe, the effect of my story was starting to change me as I knew it would, but it had felt so good. For once stop some idiotic travesty from happening, even as minor as this one was.

Eustace squealed just barely in listening range, "I'm going to tell James you hitting me knock my aim off." He said spitefully.

Without turning around, "I am sure he would love to hear how you were beaten by a Hufflepuff before the big game. He would just love that wouldn't he. I know he could beat you." I said softly, before turning to face him with an angry sneer.

2d6+1 → [2,4,1] = (7)
Strike eustace

Going to deal one damage to him, and give him a string on me

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 14, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Experience 0/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: None

"Thanks Senna!" I call back to Senna, beaming as she calls out to that she'll be rooting for me in the match, and blow her a quick kiss before she looks away, apparently embarrassed at making a bit of a spectacle of herself in front of the class. Now that was just adorable! I turn back to Lessy, unable to contain my grin, as she considers my offer.

Turn on Senna
11:38:38 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
11:38:39 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6+2 = 8

"I'll let you think about that for a minute Lessy, I need to go make sure I still have a Chaser for the game." I lean over to the other side of my desk, putting myself partway between Brittany and Murphy, hopefully helping Senna deal with the situation. The other things can wait, Mags is a big girl who can look after herself, and if Eustace wants to get himself detention before the game that's his problem. I'll help Zach out if things get out of hand, but right now my team and Senna come first.

The two girls look a bit uncertain if they want to continue fighting, thanks to Senna's interaction I think, isn't she great. Leaning in towards Brittany I rest a hand lightly on her shoulder and try to talk her down in a low voice, "Let it go for now, Brits, come on. It's not worth getting in trouble over, especially with the game coming up. You're our best Chaser, we need you for the match." Well, maybe not our best, but close anyway, and that isn't really a thing to be honest about. I glance towards Senna and Murphy quickly, to see if she's having any luck on that end.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions:

What's that? Eustace is throwing his weight around again? Oh, that takes me back.

I said I don't care about Quidditch anymore, but there's good reason. Last year's match between Gryffindor and Slytherin ended with Martin and Eustace at each other's throats. Something about each other's hyper-masculinity caused them to bump brooms, and when they got back to their feet there were fists flying. I don't know how Martin could possibly take that sport seriously after such an incident, but I was averse to the whole idea from that day on.

So seeing Eustace bully Zach in that way makes me want to say something, not only as a Horseman but as an advocate of sportsmanship.

drat it. Erhard took matters into his own hands like a proper Slytherin. I think most of the class heard that one. Erin's already starting to get her wand out and Gilly's laughing stopped, but I keep my hands up and hold them back. "You two, knock it off right now!" I say, standing up from my desk.

"You're acting like a couple of Muggle children fighting over milk cartons, and for what? A game? Do you remember what happened last time somebody squabbled for the sake of Quidditch? Nothing! Your fighting and bickering has done nothing but lose points and respect.
"Eustace, do you not understand that there are hundreds of women in this school, right now, that fear for what you're trying to impose on them? They don't like you, and they don't want you, because you're a blowhard and a brute. If you plan on winning someone's heart you'll keep you loving wand in your pants," I say, pointing to his wand because of course he's holding it, "and try to treat them with the same respect you give your teammates.
"And you," I say to Erhard, "You think you have the right to smack everyone around? Because you still don't. If you can't find a way to solve a problem without violence, then find someone who can. Go get the Professor, get someone else who can talk to him like a civilized person, or use your damned wand instead of this petty grabbing and thumping. What's the point of even going to a wizarding school if you're going to bang sticks and rocks together like a chimpanzee?!"

Shutting down both of them.

<RWT>!r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 10+1 = 11
<RWT> gently caress yeah!

<RWT> Oh, you know what. I'll just roll another one and shut down frickin errybody.
<RWT> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 10+1 = 11

Giving Eustace the condition Horndog, and Erhard, Neanderthal. Marking experience.

"Now sit down."

I gauge their reactions, exhale, and sit down. Erin pulls out a stack of Horsemen fliers and starts telling people about how they, too, could get involved in my disciplinary committee slash students of unfortunate upbringings awareness club. I take one and tell Gillian, "Pass that to Zach." She eyes it, walks to Zach's desk and says, "'ere's from Val. 'S about educating students about less-fortunate family situations, keeping people in line, that sor' of thing." She leaves it on his desk and returns to her perch.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 14, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Ah shite, shite, shite. Just thought I had a nice chat, and now I've got two problems. One, Chaucer is pissed, two, Margot is asking me and I didn't figure out what to do yet.

Chaucer? It's a complicated thins, innit? Right, Chaucer, he really wants to be Harry Potter. Like, everyone likes him, but Chaucer knows pretty much every detail and pretty much runs his life by asking 'What would Harry do?' Worse ways to live, but part of the problem is that he tends to assume things are still like they are then. He's pretty much convinced that Slytherin are all still secretly trying to revive Voldemort. Pretty much gets into bullying at times, and then I have to stop him. He likes me mind you, says there's nothing wrong with being a Muggle. A lot. And he tries to show interest in 'muggle culture' and I try hard not to get pissed off when he keeps using northern slang or even Irish at me. Hes not a coward, he's gotten in scrapes with the likes of Eustance before, and he pretty much loses all the time.

I'm saying is, I don't want us to fall out over a girl I'm not even sure I got a future with. And the way Margot is icecold ignoring him, poo poo, that's gotta sting. "Eh, hey, you got a second, Margot?" I hold my hand up, leaning over Chaucer's table.

"Hey, Chaucer, look. Sorry about that mate, I honestly didn't see you were talking to her. Didn't mean to shut you down. But eh... gotta be honest with you, I'm thinking you're knocking on the wrong door here. Can't blame you for trying though, she's wroth a shot. But eh... sometimes a guy gotta take a no for an answer, unless you end up looking...." I jerk my head in Eustace's direction. "Like that. Anyway, we're Gryffindor right? If you fly and get shot down, well, you can always get up again. Tell you what, buy you drinks at Hogsmeade for messing up your game."

Manipulate Chaucer from the heart: 2d6+3 8 What do I gotta do to have Chaucer realize Margot is not into him and leave it be?

Of course, then the conflict with Eustance escalates a bit, which is still okay. Erhard's going at it hard, but I figure Eustace can take it. But it's one of the Posh Four that means I'm forgetting much about Margot and Chaucer for a bit. Stepping closer to her desk I put my hands on it. "Know a lot of Muggle kids, do ya then, love? They're all dumb barbaric shites then, as opposed to the cream of the fuckin' crop here? Cuz funny thing, I grew up with muggle kids, as a muggle kid, and I still got a lot of friends who are now my muggle mates back home. And I'm not gonna let some snooty gothed out queen-witch talk down on 'em. You ain't a hair better, Posh-spice."

Shut down Valerie: 2d6-1 4

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 14, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense from Dark Arts Class | Conditions: Thick, Neanderthal

I rolled my head toward the ravenclaw, and narrowed my eyes slightly, speaking with a low tone at first and raising in ferocity , "Eustace will be disciplined properly, but I fear that my parents gave the best way to learn. A proper German lesson will teach him, though I fear that I am not my Opa and can't give him a proper introduction." I gave a with a savage grin.

"Either way, I think we both know that detention is worse for hexing in class." I turn and give Eustace a evil eye, my looking between his piggy face and his wand quickly.

"I am done if he is willing to act proper, not before. If you don't mind." I say assertively and aggressively, he might be my forced kin, but I didn't relent.

Shutting down Valerie
9:52:06 AM AxChrome !roll 2d6+1
9:52:06 AM Krysmbot AxChrome, 9+1 = 10
Giving condition, Busy Body

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 14, 2015

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions: Busy Body

I guess my ad hominem attack worked, as improper as it came out. I must remember that I'm still human. "I apologize for offending you, Lee. It's just a saying..." Should I mention my family? How my mother used to curse at broadcast sports while Father composed letters? No, no. "I heard once upon a time. I shouldn't have said Muggle. Honestly, all children acted like that, didn't they?" I look at Erhard, then back to Lee with big eyes. "My father is a Muggle as well. I have no business saying such things. I hope you'll forgive me."

I mostly mean that, too. The whole D.E. thing makes me forget sometimes that "Us VS Them" isn't as clear as people make them out to be. As much as Lee apparently enjoys getting into trouble, he's got a point... I need to figure him out.

Meanwhile, Gillian is back to chuckling at the chance to tell more tales and Erin has been pestering Lessy about the Horsemen. I can't deal with Erhard right now, even if I was doing the right thing. I consult my books instead.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 14, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions: Loser

Before I can even utter a word it looks like everyone's got a grudge against Eustace today and is what's that charming mud err muggle expression Lee uses? "giving him some aggression" . Not that I'm complaining about that mind you but I resent been called a loser. I'm sick of people calling me that just because I'm a Hufflepuff. On an ordinary day I'd just bite my tongue and let it go but I noticed that Harriet actually paying attention to me for a change. This could be my big chance to impress her. But how.. She clearly didn't like Eustace. Not that anyone else appears to either judging by their reaction. So maybe I should join in.
I could see him reaching for his wand. I let my hand slip casually towards my own. I mean I've never been much of duellist but I know it's not a great idea to let the enemy get the first spell off so I plan to be ready to get my revenge in first so to speak. Hopefully it won't come to that though. "You of course would be the expert on being a loser. given your antics with the female half the class If you don't want to lose again I suggest you apologise to the lady now"

[20:34] Ferrosol Shutting down Eustace tagging horndog
[20:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[20:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+3 = 13
gaining a string on him

a hint of menace creeps into my voice and I have to admit it took a sizeable amount of self control not to bare my fangs at him and hiss. Such behaviour would be rather counter-productive.

One of Valeries friends drops a leaflet on my desk but I don't bother to read it right now. I have other things to do. I force a normal tone into my voice as best I can and turn to Harriet. "Sorry about that it's just i'm as sick of him as everyone else." I go on rather hesitantly "How about I buy you a butter beer at hogsmeade to make up for it?" I say smiling at her.

[20:42] Ferrosol turn on harriet
[20:42] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[20:42] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9

I mean she'll probably say no right. A girl like that could have her pick of anyone and I'm no one special.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rauri posted:

Gwen - I'm sure a lesser person would be tired after the late night you had, but you're alert and sharp as ever. What great deed kept you up so late, and who in the class did it impress? What faculty member did it absolutely not impress, and how many points did it cost Slytherin?

Gwendydd Teague
Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions:

Ugh, this class was stupid, this teacher was clearly without half a wit, half a brain at all. So she caught me last night with Lizbeth, and she may have caught us at what may have looked like I was about to hurt her, but ugh, she wouldn't even listen as I told her what actually happened. Look, last night i heard something sneaking around, so I just sort of assumed it was a student trying to sneak out for a secret date or something. You know, Prefect duties, keeping the kids in their beds, making sure no one runs off to try and be the next Potter and dies horribly. So I went to do my job - only to run into her.

Oh of course she had plenty of excuses for why she was out of bed - oh she heard another student leaving, she had a bad feeling, she needed to do something important. I, of course, realized this was not completely untrue - she did seem to have heard something, and it wasn't her who made the noise I made - as was obvious when the noise echoed through the hallways once more, while I was looking right at her. Somehow I have the worst luck, and managed to have her insist on helping me, and even on leading! The nerve with that Lizbeth, I do not know who her parents are - muggles I believe - but they raised her horribly.

Regardless, we found what we had heard - a few salamanders had escaped the 5th year's DADA classroom during the night, due to - I assume - the incompetence of the professors in this place. A simple thing to solve, and I was quickly ready to stun them - only for Lizbeth to insist that she could handle it with her own - and causing her spell to collide with mine. It was a fiasco, everything in the hallway was paralyzed, and we just had to watch each other for over an hour. So of course the moment it ended, the salamanders spit fire at us - she would have died were I not so quick with my fire manipulation spell.

Which is of course when I saw Professor Legate. Or rather heard her yelling at me for trying to harm someone. She had, apparently, thought I had cast the fire and was trying to hit Lizbeth with it, instead of the truth, and when I told the truth of how I'd just saved Lizzy, the bitch just rolled her eyes and said she would never need to be saved by me. This? This is why she annoys me so much, so I lost us 10 points, and Ravenclaw got five... putting them ahead of us. Saying I was angry was an understatement.

And it certainly didn't help that Cana of all people had apparently been taking my territory - I had thought I made it clear that Senna was going to be my girlfriend soon enough, once I won her properly, but that conniving little Gryffindor apparently went behind my back and asked her out to Hogsmeade. I wanted to wring her neck for it, the stupid Quidditch brain - I doubted her head carried anything much bigger than that Snitch, and yet she thought it was the most important thing in the world.

"Oh, Senna." I didn't bother to worry about the stupidity of the fight going on - it was below my recognition, I simply walked over to wheres he was mediating or some such, smiling, "You're going with friends to Hogsmeade, then?" That was all you were, Cana - sometimes I wished I could project my thoughts to her, to taunt, "I had hoped I might show you... and some of my other friends some property my family bought years ago.". My hand was on her back, was that too forward? My red hair danced down the black robe though, and I always loved how it looked.

Turn On Senna: 2d6+1 7

quote:

Name: Gwendydd Teague
Skin: Scion
Look: Beautiful, mesmerizing eyes.
Origin: Descended from Greatness

House: Slytherin

Stats: Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1

Moves
Kick rear end, Look Good

When you roll a 10+ on any move, you can choose to apply the condition to up to two people who watched you. For each one pick ~they take a string on you ~you get the Braggart condition ~you suffer one harm. This can only happen for each move once a session.

Spirit of Competition
When participating in an event of some importance with a competitive element (football game, prom, or even a debate) take a +1 forward for any action towards winning it or establishing yourself as the star.

No Respect

When someone Shuts You Down and gets a 7-9 result, you give them the Condition Outclassed, as well as whatever choice they make. If they already have the Condition Outclassed, they lose a string.

Sex Move
When you have sex, give them the Condition Outclassed. If they already have the Condition Outclassed, both mark Experience.

Darkest Self
Everything is now a competition, and you need to prove you’re the best. Every word someone says that isn’t respecting you is a challenge to your superiority, and you’re going to show them their mistake. You will accept any challenge, real or implied, and should never accept a loss - if you did not win, it is clear others have cheated you, and must be punished. You leave Darkest Self when either you - sacrifice something important to yourself to win, or lose so thoroughly no one could argue it.

Backgrounds
Someone beat you at something - find out what it was, give them a string on you and take one on them.

You wowed someone in the past with your talents - take two strings on them.

You stand out - give everyone a string on you.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Awkward

Everyone takes that moment to look at me and I just blush and fidget. Everyone goes right back to talking and babbling but for that moment everyone's eyes were on me and I felt very uncomfortable. Cana calls out to me and I feel a bit better, then blows me a kiss and I feel my face heat up, I quickly look away. Oh gosh, she really liked me! I smooth my hands nervously down my robes until see Cana intercede to help diffuse the pair of Exes. Taking her cue I follow her lead and gently take Glenda's shoulders in both of my hands. I lower my voice to my housemate.

"Listen to me, I know you're angry at her. I don't know what happened between you two and I'm so sorry I failed you both as a friend. Especially when I'm so very lucky to have both of you as my friends." I raise my voice some and look between the two girls. "The teacher will be here any minute and I don't want either of you getting in trouble or getting detentions. I want you to be there to watch the game with me" I speak to Glenda, "and you to play in it." I say to Brittany. I wanted to save it until after class but I needed it now, so I crouch down and pull out my delicious smelling basket.

"Let's all just enjoy some sweet bread while we wait for the professor." I say as I hand a slice to Glenda and then move from her to offer a slice to Brittany then, blushingly, Cana. Oh gosh, being this close to her. I just feel so bad for not returning her feelings with the same intensity. "Thank you." I say to her. I felt a surge of gratitude towards her.

[Giving Cana a string and using Senna's Dad's delicious bread to give the Exes a social reason to stop.
No fighting girls, it's bread time.
By resolving this amicably through talks and without force Senna gains a point of Integrity for taking the moral high ground
]

I begin to make a circuit around the room then to offer the delicious bread to everyone, starting with the next aisle where I offer Gwen some of the bread. My back straightens when I feel her hand touch it and my face heats up again. I stammer as she speaks to me, my offering of bread held out ineffectually towards her. "I have a partner for Hogsmeade, but we can maybe hang out a little too." I say nervously, sparing a glance towards Cana. It would be after our date, of course, but I'd make sure it happened. I didn't want to disappoint either of them!

[Promising Gwen something she wants, an opportunity to hang out with Senna as well during the Hogsmeade trip.]

"T-thank you for the invitation." I stammer meekly to Gwen then duck away from her and shuffle on. I could tell I was still blushing. Eventually I make my way over to Chaucer, Lee and Mags. I silently offer Chaucer a slice (giving him further excuse to back down) and then tip the open basket towards Lee and Mags invitingly. just as Erhard's swing hits Eustace. His expression looked so angry and Eustace looked really hurt.

quote:

People Should Never: Lie, showboat, be selfish, swear, steal, cheat, do drugs, succumb to hatred, bully, lash out in anger, misgender people, or hurt the innocent!
"Er--" I begin but Valerie has already stood up and torn into both of them. She called them muggles! I'm part muggle and so was she! How could she be so hateful? And she was being a bully! I wheeled on her only for Lee to stand up and chew her out himself just as my mouth opened. I flinched at the heat of his words and reached out to rest my hand on his shoulder. Trying to calm him, I meet his eyes with mine. "Lee, you're better than this." I say softly, "Don't lose your temper."

[I Believe in You Lee!
Krysmbot Jenner, 9+1 = 10
Lee's Shut Down on Valerie is retroactively a 10
Senna is back to 0 Integrity.
It was fun while it lasted.
]

Valerie seems to back down as Erhard yells at her and I turn my attention on him placing the basket of bread on Mags' desk with a soft apology as I place both my hands on my hips. "I don't care what was going on you can't just go around getting angry and punching people! It's not right! You should be ashamed of yourself!" I scold him.

[Shutting Down Erhard, people shouldn't lash out in anger or bully!
Krysmbot Jenner, 9+0 = 9
I'll tag Thick to make it a 10 and gain a String on him.
I also mark XP for Cold.
]

I realize, as I chew him out, that I'm making a bit of a scene. "I'm sorry." I mumble hurriedly and pick back up my basket. I go back to offering the tasty bread to every student. I mumble apologies as I continue my circuit making sure everyone has an opportunity to get some of the delicious dessert. When I get to Eustace I set the basket aside, "Do you need that looked at?" I offer gently. Eustace was a meanie but everyone was ganging up on him now and he didn't deserve it. Even bullies don't deserve to be bullied! Even as I make my offer though Zach takes a shot at Eustace. I shoot my Housemate a warning look, I'd give him a firm talk about kicking people while they were down later. I'd drawn quite enough attention to myself today. "Do you want some caraway bread?" I lift the basket and tilt it towards Eustace as I step between he and Erhard.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 15, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: None

"Good teamwork there," I mutter quietly to Senna as I take the bread, grinning. As she heads around the class to distribute them, I take a bite, enjoying the flavor and turn towards Brittany again. "So, what are you doing this hogsmead weeke...nd..." The question trails off as I see Gwendydd trying to make a play on Senna, glaring in her direction, though not without a certain amount of satisfaction as Senna blows her off with a vague promise to hang out some other time. Ha!

"Just a sec." Once Senna has moved off around the room to confront Eustace and the others, I break off talking to Brittany and lean in towards Gwendydd this time. "Sorry Teague, but it looks like Senna's more interested in people for their personality rather than their property." I may or may not have the smuggest look ever on my face right now.

Shut down Gwendydd
3:59:42 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
3:59:43 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6-1 = 5
3:59:45 PM godfish pfff
marking exp for cold

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 1 (Cont)
"Alright class, quiet down, quie-" Professor Legate's arrival in her classroom is nearly as abrupt as the pause in the middle of her usual morning greeting. Everyone's eating sweets, and aside from a few obvious trouble spots, no one's been hexed or is bleeding so it's a pretty great morning for her. She looks at the Carroway bread longingly, but recovers herself and finishes her sentence. "down. Oh, Carroway Bread. Everyone in your seats, that means you Ms. Teague."

Once she's seated behind her desk, she flicks her wand, animating the chalk to write for her. "Today you'll be practicing non-verbal spells." She says this through gritted teeth - she's obviously not the one who came up with this. "Since this 'is Defense Against The Dark Arts after all'. Turn in your essays to me, then partner off - acceptable spells to be used are listed on the board." They're all very basic, the Jelly-Legs Jinx is the most dangerous one up there.

After a moment of thought, she adds, "Use the practice area, and no blowing up my classroom, or setting it or anyone else on fire." She's addressing Gwen specifically by this point.

Instructions given, two lines form from either side of the class for people to turn in their homework, while others skip straight to the social politicking that always goes on the second mandatory partnering is involved. A few of the best friend or lovey-dovey couples take off towards the Practice Area immediately, determined to get the good spots.

Gryffindors
Cana - Lucky you, Legate seemingly can't stand Gwen - no wonder - and so you got to watch the Professor harass her some. Still, are you worried about her trying to compete with you for Senna's affections? Are you going to partner up with Senna? What will you do if she's beaten you to the punch? Lessy's partnered up with Devon, as it looks like she's assumed you'll be going after Senna. What do you do?

Hard Move banked for later.

Lee - Chaucer looks flabbergasted when you inform him that she's not into him, but to his credit he does hear you out. Rubbing his chin, he manages to arrive at your way of thinking after about ten seconds. "Sure mate, but who SHOULD I ask then? I wanna go to Hogsmeade with somebody. Oh and you're definitely buying, we-" Legate's confused entrance cuts him off, and before you know it she's ordering everyone to hand in their essays and then partner up. Who do you go after? What spell do you actually like that made the practice list? What spell do you wish was on there?

Chaucer will stop hitting on Margot if you keep your promise to him, vis-ŕ-vis buying drinks at Hogsmeade, AND offer him a suggestion on a different girl to go after.

Hufflepuffs
Senna - "Erm." Eustace lets out, clearly a bit out of sorts after the slap and subsequent social wringer he's been through. "Sure..." He takes the bread, then retreats into himself for a second, seemingly distracted by the desert. You're able to make it back to your desk when Legate enters, it seems she's not going to yell at you for being out of your seat - not when you have the bread she clearly wants. Planning on letting her have some? What note did you include with your essay, and why? Who do you intend to practice non-verbal spells with?

Zachary - Looking from you to Eustace and then back to you with a widening smile, it looks like Harriet's seconds from laughing when she says. "Yeah, sure thing Zach. I'd love that." She probably says more, but oh my god did she just agree to go with you?! Or at least meet for a drink or two? Legate's entrance gives you time to just contemplate the sequence of events that lead to that occurring. Now that it's time to partner up, are you going to ask her? Who managed to beat you there, and does she say yes to them? What do you do?

Harriet has agreed to meet you for drinks at Hogsmeade. Even if it was mostly to annoy Eustace?

Ravenclaws
Margot - While you may have consciously been trying to ignore Chaucer, there's something about the look on his face, a desperate quality to it, that's fixated your subconscious since you saw it a few minutes ago. As Legate enters the room and everyone shuts up, you feel a vision coming on, uncontrollably.

"Guys, get behind me!" You hear Chaucer yell. "You'll have to go through me!" Everything's dark, barring the dimmest of flames down the dark corridor and occasional red and green flashes of magic. There's a figure, dreadful and cloaked, advancing towards him despite his shouts, and you can feel what's to happen. The raising of wands, a bright burst of sickly green, and the sound of a body hitting the floor, the look of desperation on Chaucer's face replaced by dulled surprised. Your vision swims, and...

"You alright? Need to go to the nurses?" You're being shaken, you're in a classroom? And not in the corridor? It's coming back to you slowly, but for now all you're sure of is that Lizabeth is shaking you and everyone's milling about and Legate's behind her desk with a big list of spells written on it. "Wanna partner up?" What's she talking about? What do you do?

Gain Disoriented, and Chaucer takes a string on you.

Valerie - Wow, people sure are sensitive aren't they? Still, someone Erin passed a flyer to actually seemed interested. Who was it, and what do you think they see in your group that appeals to them? Do you partner with them to discuss the Horsemen during non-verbal spell practice, or Erin or Gillian instead? Who do they partner with, and what remark does Gillian make that makes you laugh?

Slytherins
Gwen - Cana and Legate are both clearly horrible cretins to not recognize your magnificence. You're probably just lucky that Legate didn't take some points for you doing what everyone else was doing. And what a pathetic list of spells to practice! Are you going to actually to listen to her, or is there something you're hoping to sneak in? Who do you intend on practicing with? What fan of yours in the class hopes you'll pick them? And what will you do if Cana's already partnered with Senna?

Erhard - Eustace is pissed that you'd hit him like that, and only the timely intervention of a gaggle of others saved him from trying to hang you from the ceiling by your tie. You may have won this round, but from the looks he's giving you? You've made some sort of mental list of his. Legate's entrance puts an end to the prospect of physical violence, while her lesson plans obligate magical violence. How strange. What lesson do you think she's really trying to teach? Strangely enough, Eustace seems to be hanging around you, almost as if he's hoping you'd ask him... forgive and forget? Who do you partner up with?

Eustace gets a string on you.

-----
If no one partners up with your PC, that's what NPCs are for.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 15, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience 1/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: None

Pff, of course Gwendydd is going after Senna, as soon as I want anything she naturally decides she has to have it to, though that isn't just me I suppose, but everyone. She's gotta be the best and have everything. Normally I would have gone after Lessy or Senna, but Lessy's jumping for someone else already, and after seeing Legate needle Teague has got me itching to have a bit more fun with her, so before she has a chance to go after Senna, or one of her sycophantic fangirls, I lean over again and tap her on the shoulder. "You and me Teague, you can't take it out on Legate, but I'm open. I know you want to have a go at this anyway," I make a sweeping gesture along the length of my body, posing briefly to show off my curves as best as possible.

7:24:05 PM godfish Turn on Gwendydd
7:24:09 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
7:24:09 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7+2 = 9

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Disoriented

I sat there, stunned, trying to process what I just got a glimpse of. That was a little horrifying, honestly. The sort of thing you'd expect Margaret to see, not me. I didn't like Chaucer, really, but...and who was that dark cloaked figure?

It took me a minute to process I was being shaken, and I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment to cast away the remnants of the unbidden vision from my mind's eye. "L...Lizabeth? Sorry, I..." When did the teacher get here? Oh no, this is why I preferred to invoke my own visions, intrusive foresight was always a discombobulating experience. "...I saw something, it was uhm, I didn't mean to." I half-muttered at her, running a hand through my hair in an attempt to right my mind's ship. "I'm afraid I didn't hear what the instructor said." I whispered at her. "I was, uhm, in the future..." The one advantage of a place like Hogwarts over the mundane world is that I didn't need to come up with excuses for my visions, and people would generally believe I was having them. Still, I couldn't tell how far in the future I was. If that was Destiny, something really bad was going to happen...and that was surprisingly clear, so it must not be that far away.

"Partner up? Yes, uhm, let's partner up. What are we partnering up for?" Oh dear this was quite embarrassing. I hope Lizabeth could explain it, and not bring attention to the fact my focus had been hijacked.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions: Busy Body

Time to duel, she says? I think I know who Erin wants to duel (Chaucer), but I want her to hold off on it for now. Gillian is really itching to see what Zach has to do with anything now that I've let slip my interest in him--she knows too well when I have someone in my sights and said "Gotta find some more fresh meat eh, you li'l maneater?"--but before Legate came in Erin told me that Chelsea Nix had stated interest, noncommittally but with enthusiasm. I haven't heard a lot about her, but she's more... shall we say, radiant, than our current riders. Erin says she was interested in our community, how "tight" we all are with each other, which is true. And she enjoyed my show earlier, saying she really appreciates "authoritative women" like me, which is... I could take it or leave it. I approach her.

"Hey, thank you for asking about the club," I say, casually pinching my wand tip between my fingers. "We're meeting in the History of Magic room after this class. Erin's bringing pumpkin tarts and Martin should be feeling well enough to lead in some team-building games, if that's your kind of thing. Do you want to, maybe, partner up and talk about the club some more?"

Manipulate Chelsea
<RWT> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> RWT, 7+1 = 8

What'll it take?

As we're walking to the practice area, I discretely slip my wand back into my robe and into my sweater--now hold on. Remember what I said about Dark Marks? And the one on my sternum? I need to see how Martin is doing. I think he's in the Gryffindor commons, but knowing him I'd rather know for sure. I touch my wand to the center of my chest and open my mind to his perception.

<RWT> And Gaze.
<RWT> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> RWT, 6 = 6

+1 from Streaming gets 8. Confusing and alarming, and experience!

Gillian, meanwhile, walks up to Zach regardless of who he's talking to and says, "You wanna duel? I promise I won't hurt ya none."

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 6, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Conditions: Loser

Of course she not going to---Wait she said yes! Woohoo! take that Eustace! "Um yeah that'd be great" I said excitedly trying and failing to suppress the grin that I was sure was spreading across my face. Truth be told it was probably only the arrival of Professor Legate that stopped me from putting my tail in my mouth and saying something stupid. Defence against the Dark Arts has never really been my favourite subject. I mean why bother? Voldemort's long dead and his handful of surviving cronies are either rotting in Azkaban or keeping their head down and staying out of trouble. So it's not as if a cabal of dark wizards are lurking waiting to strike.

Still by the time I've handed in my parchment in beneath the somewhat disdainful gaze of the Professor and turn around Harriet is already paired up with someone else. Is that Rupinder? I didn't even know the two of them knew each other but they're both stood there looking at me and Rupinder is giggling at some joke Harriet has said. They're laughing at me aren't they. I thought about saying something but that would just make me look a little bit desperate wouldn't it? Best not to push my luck.

Still it looks like I'm not gonna have the slightest choice in who i'm duelling. Gillian marches over and asks if I want to duel. I suppose I don't have much choice. But why me? She's part of Valeries little duelling club isn't she. She's probably going to wipe the floor with me wouldn't she prefer more of a challenge

asking why is Gillian interested in me?

[11:32] Ferrosol gaze
[11:32] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[11:32] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

It felt good to have given everyone a share of the bread and to make it back to my seat. I still had a bit of bread left over, and I'd had plenty in the Hufflepuff common room, so upon noting the Professor's desire for my sweets I brought my basket right up to her and offered her my share. "Professor here, my homework and some of my dad's bread if you like." I liked to write questions to her on my work since I was always so full of them. Today my question was, "Aren't Dementors cruel? I don't see how they help the inmates of Azkaban, all they do is make people suffer. Maybe every magical person in there is wicked but what if someone's innocent?! Even if they are all bad they don't deserve to suffer for all eternity no matter what they did! We should be trying to rehabilitate them!" I felt very strongly about this!

I was delighted by the revealed itinerary, these were all easy spells and completely harmless! It meant there was no chance of anyone getting hurt unless someone broke the rules. Before the fight between Brittany and Glenda (who were luckily either so swayed by my appeal or so disgusted with the idea of pairing up together that they were seeking other partners instead of continuing their spat on the practice floor.) I would have waited to take the last kid to make sure they didn't feel left out. Now I saw trouble brewing between Erhard and Eustace so I'd have to put a stop to that before either of them hurt eachother.

I waited to be excused, "You're welcome ma'am I hope you enjoy it." I say as I move away and make a bee line for Eustace. "Eustace let's square off together, you don't want to tangle with Erhard while you're mad at him. You should never cast angry!"

[Rolling to Manipulate Eustace From the Heart
(Krysmbot) JennerCELL, 8+3 = 11
He does it and I think I gave plenty motive.
]

I intentionally put myself between he and Erhard again then await his answer.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense from Dark Arts Class | Conditions: Thick, Neanderthal

I got up from my chair and walked toward the teacher with the sweet in hand, "Professor Legate, Did you want some? I am not hungry." I said honestly, more than one meal a day caused my digestion to go into a uproar and that was the most unpleasant aspect of humanity that I had found, beyond love the worst aspect of humanity. "Can I see you after class, or during office hours, I have a research question that has been bugging me about foe glass and phoenixes. Thank you, Frau Professur for such a practical lesson." I said meaningfully.

There was an obvious attempt to train us in subvocal casting for important reasons. She didn't want to do this, but it was the triwizard tournament, either that or orders down on high about some other danger. That might be linked to my spider problem that was in the woods, or not. It didn't seem natural, and worst, I couldn't see them place in the world. However, that made them more mysterious to me than anything else, people were unpredictable but I could see the fabric they wove in reality, these things were black holes.

I walk away quickly and make a bee-line for Eustace, who was now talking to Senna. "Come on Eustace, we should practice together. Teams should stick together. I'll even let you attack first and I'll defend." I said, though with the look in his eyes it was obvious that Senna had not come around for the sweets. Eustace seemed to be enthralled by the possibility that he didn't have to beg for someone to go with. Great this idiot was going to hit someone else with an over powered spell and hurt them, all because of this soldier.

Soldiers of heaven, I was for longer than her family line existed, and I could see the look in her eyes. The day that certainty was shaken to its core and fallen down, when you are tossed aside for a different tool or to allow for some amusement.

"I see, well, Eustace here can take anything you can throw at him, bludger or seeker. That is why he is the top beater on the team, isn't it, Eustace? I'll let you have your fun." I gave a pat on his shoulder before deciding that this time, I would let her meddle as they always do, for the ill. I was going to enjoy myself. Eustace, I forgave as it was his nature, but Senna was obviously trying to interdict in things she thought she understood.

"Fraulein Victoria, I was hoping to see you free. Shall we?" I hold out my hand to the mousy Victoria who was still in her seat writing down all the spells nervously, I wasn't afraid of her, but at least she would be a great companion. She had weathered through my storm that had been Margherita Luti, and hoped that I could continue to be her friend.

2d6-1 → [1,2,-1] = (2)
Turn On Victoria?

+1 XP

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 15, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions:

Not even one moment in the classroom and she's yelling at me for doing nothing - nothing at all! Just because she is incompetent and I'm one of the most promising students since Minister Hermione Granger-Weasley herself attended these halls. Oh sure, everyone fawns over Harry Potter, but you know what actually matters to a wizard? It isn't bravery, it isn't talent, it's a love for magic, and she knew about that. That's why I'm so much better than everyone - I love magic, and I know how amazing it is, so many other students just play with it like it's a toy or something.

So now Legate hates me because she is incompetent and never bothered to even try to excel - she was talented, she was great, she should teach others! I'm sure everyone said that to her as she grew up, and you know what? I've heard that all too - but theres a difference between being talented and like her, and talented and like the minister. Regardless, I knew she was taunting us, she wanted us to feel like children, she wanted to make us use the least spells possible so she could further show off how talented she was with such simplicity.

And even worse, the wet dog had to approach - really, she was intentionally provoking me and I was just tired of it, and part of me wanted to show off - maybe a bit too much, but I could wait, for just a second, "Oh, certainly. It would be wonderful to show a Gryffindor how to do actual magic, instead of the kiddy things your Quidditch players do. I mean really, a wizarding sport with so few spells?" I was provoking her, I knew it, she certainly knew it, but I was doing it.

But I lead her to the practice area, and I already had a plan... unfortunately it wasn't perfect, though the hex I made was quick - maybe it just gave her too much time to react or maybe she was just that good. Either way, I skipped past non-verbal magic, and without even drawing my wand, I thought my jelly-legs hex at her, hoping to knock her off her feet and into the ground. I'd felt the jelly legs hex a few times in my life, it was always annoying, a feeling of numbness all down your legs, mixed with an uncontrollable shaking.

Shutting down Cana, giving the Condition 'Jelly Legged'
<KittyEmpress> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> KittyEmpress, 7 = 7

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 16, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience 2/5 | Harm 0/4 | Conditions: Jelly Legged

I just roll my eyes at Gwendydd's spiel about Quidditch, "We both know you're just sore you're no good at flying, and no matter how good you are with that wand you can't make yourself any better." I turn to face her, just as she casts a wandless spell(!) and don't quite manage to my silent shield up in time, my protego spell cutting the blast in half, repelling the effect right back at her, even as it strikes me, setting my legs to wobbling.

Gwendydd can take the condition Jelly Legged as well

As soon as I finish the shield charm, I whip my wand out again towards her, doing another voiceless spell- I might not be quite on her level as far as wandless magic, the only thing near that I can do is the animagus spell, which is both silent and, after its been mastered, wandless, but the amount of practice I had to put into that is more than enough to cast simple spells like these without words, you just have to THINK the spell as hard as you do when you speak, essentially. She might think I spend all my time on Quidditch, but in order to get my disguise up over the last yeah I've had a lot of magic practice as well!

Lash out at Gwendydd (+1 for tagging Jelly Legged), marking exp for Vol
7:05:55 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
7:05:56 PM Krysmbot godfish, 10+2 = 12
I'll deal 1 harm and take a string on her

Having just been hit with part of the blast of her own Jelly Legs jinx, she'll be off balance enough for this one to hit as well, I followed it up with a, rather strong, tickling hex, which normally would be perfectly harmless, if hilarious, but right on the tail of the first spell and with the force I've put into it, I expect it'll be plenty strong to knock her off her feet.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

I'm still glaring at Valerie when Senna talks to me. Right, shouldn't let myself get too worked up, innit? Posh or not, still a girl. She is apologizing too, so that settles that. "It's fine. Don't do it again. Can't help how you're raised."

I'll take one string on Valerie from the succesful shut down.

Not the first thing Senna's been making sure I'm keeping chill. I take one of her cakes later, because I know better than saying no to free cake.

Moments later, the prof enters, and I get back to my seat. And hey, looks like we're gonna do more than reading from books today.

"Hey, Chaucer. Let's have at it, mate." I call out to him. Still got to help him out a bit. Getting to our positions I prepare my wand. "Anyway, sure, I'll be your wingman. What kind of girl you go for anyway? Could come check out football practice. I know some of the folks there." And maybe doing friendly stuff with people from other Houses will make him less likely to pester blokes that didn't do anything except being Slytherin.

As for the duel, I noticed the Cheering Charm is there. It's not really a spell to fight normaly, but if you just go heavy at it, you're preventing someone from casting spells pretty drat well. Honeslty, don't wanna hurt the guy. Honeslty, I don't mind we don't learn all the harsh spells that mess people up. You keep a wizard from spellcasting, he's just a guy with a piece of wood, who usually isn't that good at fighting. Problem is, we're not allowed to actually get physical in between spellcasting. Just standing in front of eachother, casting spells.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 1 (Cont)

Gryffindors
Cana - Ha, that showed her! Still, it looks like people have noticed - not Legate, luckily - that Gwen, aka Little Miss Duelist, just got knocked off her feet. The audience might make this even better, but it does up the stakes and Gwen's probably pretty mad. Planning on offering her an olive branch, or has this war between the two of you just begun? What do you do?

Lee - "You know, the tall, smart, pretty type. I'm not picky." Chaucer responds with a laugh, casting one last forlorn look at Margot before returning his attention to you. Between the two of you, who has the upper-hand in your practice? How do you respond to his request that the two of you "practice the useful spells" instead of the Prof's list? What do you think of Cana and Gwen's little spat? What do you do?

Hufflepuffs
Senna - Professor Legate eagerly accepts the Carroway bread, tearing into even before you've begun explaining how you got it. She certainly nodded enthusiastically along with your story, though. She's not the only one accepting your kindness, either - Eustace accepts your invitation to partner up almost eagerly, a single angry glare at Erhard the totality of their confrontation. "Thanks for the bread..." He mutters to you, quiet enough that no one else could overhear it. Everything's going well until he accidentally lobs a hex over your shoulder, nailing Zachary in the back and sending him sprawling to the floor. "Sorry Zach," Follows from Eustace after the hex, but do you think it'll be enough? Do you think he did it on purpose, or was it an honest mistake? What do you do?

Zachary - While you're trying to figure out what's going on with Gillian, it seems it's Eustace you should've been fixated on. Right as you deflect an incredibly bored looking Gillian's Sardine Hex, you're hit in the back by something and blasted towards the ground. There's pillows everywhere so you've not broken anything, but the impact still hurt - and worst of all, he follows it up with an incredibly sarcastic "Sorry, Zacy." What an rear end in a top hat! What if Harriet saw? What do you do?

Take 1 Harm.

Ravenclaws
Margot - "For non-verbal spell practice..." Lizabeth impatiently explains, pointing towards the chalkboard. She does seem a bit interested in your Vision, though - hovering over your shoulder while the two of you join the rest of the class in the practice area, she waits till you're squared off to ask "What did you see? I'm curious, it must be nice to be a Seer." Planning on telling the truth? How do you respond to her? How good are you at non-verbal spells, anyways?

Valerie - Chelsea looks a little surprised and a lot pleased that you're inviting her, but she nearly slaps her forehead when a thought occurs. "Can I bring Thomas? He's my best mate." She looks torn at the prospect of going without him, but when it comes to practicing with you she's immediately on-board. What hex does she use that surprises you during your practice, and do you have an answer for it? Or does it catch you off-guard? How do you respond?

As for Martin, your perception shifts as you touch the Dark Mark, and suddenly you're elsewhere in the castle. The Gryffindor common room is much too red in his your eyes (almost sanguine) and feels oppressively hot, the fire in front of the chair he's reclining in seemingly as bright as the noon sun. He's feeling better, you can tell that much - and it looks like he's putting the finishing touches on a note of some sort. The letters curl like serpents, and you can barely make them out before the effect ends and you're back in your own shoes. What sentence did you manage to make out?

Slytherins
Gwen - That cheating bitch! Clearly she's longed to try and chip away at your greatness, and the lowdown cur is taking advantage of Legate's blatant inadequacy! What classmates have noticed what you're up to, and do you intend to play to the crowd, or keep your feud as private as possible? What do you do?

Erhard - "Uhmm, sure Erhard..." You can tell she's not all that pleased to be partnered with you, since she's diligently looking away from you when possible, and blushing when she notices you looking at her. Still, you're scarcely out to practice when she flat out catches you off-guard with the Twitchy Ears Hex. Not the worst thing in the world to get hit by, but it's still a pretty silly thing to have happening. What classmate laughs at this? What do you do in response?

Gain Condition Twitchy Ears.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Defense from Dark Arts Class | Conditions: Thick, Twitchy Ears

There is a brief pause in me as I realized my affection for Victoria had led me to make a simple mistake, a shield spell or even a counter curse would have easily blocked it and for all her blushing she had surprised me with her technique. Though, I wasn't sure I liked the fact she seemed to be very enthralled with me and attracted to me, I couldn't help that either, as I learned very recently. In that pause, Angela, Lessy, Devon, and Melanie started laughing at my ears as they started twitching. There was a brief moment of anger from me, most likely left over from Eustace.

In that moment, I forgave Eustace and let go of that anger, and instead with a swift silent spell turned my scarf into a very fancy looking top hat. Donning it, I leaned down I gave my best impression of a German accent, "Vell, very gut shot, Fraulein." It was hokey sure but they all laughed a bit harder. I joined in with them and then transfigured with some effort back into my green and silver scarf that now was coiled on the top of my head.

With a swift motion, I grabbed one head and slung it around my neck in a practiced fashion. "I think I will keep them, they look very fancy don't you agree?" I asked the now very giggly Victoria moving my eyes to side to side in time with them. "Vicky, I didn't cast a Cheering Charm on you yet." I said with a bit of a smirk.

Deciding to give her a moment to recover, I look over to see Zach on the ground from a blast that must have come from Eustace. My smile lessens a little, and I shake my head as Victoria finally calms down enough. "Ready?" I ask to her small nod. Casting the next hex was a bit easier, as I had been right, if I had had my way no one else would have been hurt, but like the Creator, Senna had decided not to nip it in the bud. Someone had to pay the piper, and like most of the time, it was some innocent person.

Victoria's reprisal was easily countered back, and we went back and forth, though she still couldn't look me in the eye.

2d6+1 → [3,6,1] = (10)
Stopping myself from getting angry over da hex of a life time Twitchy!

Losing Neanderthal, was going to use forgiveness, but it seemed to not make sense using turn on

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Current Aspect: The Mother, Conditions: Disoriented

"Oh, not always really." I shrug. A lot of times being a Seer was pretty frustrating, actually. But yes, nonverbal spells, I was actually pretty good at them, since my Sight didn't well, didn't generally require incantations in order to work, I've been fairly successful with just, willing things to happen. Not always, but I guess, kind of a lateral practice makes it easier.

"Well, let's make a wager, shall we?" I answer Lizbeth's question about what I saw with a question of my own. "If you win, I'll tell you what I've seen. If you lose, I get to do a reading on you." I grin. Really, it was a win-win for Lizbeth; she'd probably beat me, since she had that competitive streak a mile wide. But if she lost she'd get to see me in action, and that would be fun, too. I did enjoy Seeing about people while they were willing and present - it made things so much easier. I could even ask her a topic and guide things along while I was having my vision, and that was useful, too.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Loser

Gillian just looks incredibly bored with me for some reason. Since she was the one who pushed her way in you'd think she'd be interested in doing something. Instead all I get is a lacklustre Sardine Hex. Then next thing I know I'm flat on my face. Had she suckered me? but no it wasn't her. It was Eustace. No doubt he'd claim it was an accident and maybe you could find a particularly credulous hatchling who'd believe him. But not me. Still I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing him get to me. He'd never leave me alone if he thought he goad me that easily. No i'd get my revenge---

[20:36] Ferrosol patience is a virtue vs eustace
[20:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[20:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+2 = 6
spending my string on him to kick that up to 7 and giving him the condition snake food

but it didn't have to here and now. I can be patient. But when he least expects I'll strike. Like a snake in the grass you might say. Hmph I should really write that one down and save it for later.... no focus

Harriets looking at me funny again.I don't have any idea why though. Even after all these years the mammals still confuse me. And the girls are an extra double helping of confusing on top of that. I picked myself up and dusted myself off and turned my back on Eustace. I turned towards Gillian and gritted my teeth. "Want to try that again hopefully without interruptions this time?"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Location: Defense Against the Dark Arts | Conditions: Jelly Leg, Braggart

I only have one thought in my mind as my legs begin shaking and then I'm practically knocked over by the tickling spell - a tickling spell, a mere annoyance! Such a weak, stupid spell, one that no one in their right mind would ever make use of, and yet I couldn't even protect myself from it, I couldn't even stop myself from falling, and she hadn't even waited for the pillowed area, so I crashed down onto the stone floor. Did Legate notice when someone else broke the rules? Of course not, she never did, she never saw anything that happened to me, I could be attacked by Death Eaters and she wouldn't care, the worthless bitch.

"You little dog! If you want wings so bad!" My wand was in my hand because I knew this next spell needed a punch that wandless magic could never pack with me. I shouldn't have done it, should have controlled myself, but I was angry, I was humiliated, I wasn't even really thinking about anything but Cana and her stupid love of flying, of that stupid sport, of her humiliation of me just now. I didn't even stand, I thought at her with my wand pointed at her, I imagined her smashing into the ceiling, her little head slamming into solid rock.

Alarte Ascendare, a spell taught to advanced first years and all second years, and one technically on the list - usually the spell didn't do much, it shot the target into the air a good ten or fifteen feet. Mine did not stop at fifteen feet, mine did not stop at twenty feet, when I last cast it in fourth year, I was capable of generating thirty five feet of lift. And even the large vaulted ceilings of this castle, in this room? Were only thirty feet.

Okay, so maybe I didn't mean to shoot her up that far, that hard, but at least I had waited for her to be over the pillows before shooting off spells, so she would at least land softly enough. And would know not to try anything like this again. "Then fly."I turned away as she crashed back down, expecting her to stay down like a dog should.

And I technically didn't even break any rules.

<KittyEmpress> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> KittyEmpress, 9+1 = 10
Great harming AND spending a string to deal 3 harm :getin:
Also applying Overshadowed to Senna and Margot using Kick rear end, Look Good, taking Braggart and giving margot a string. Cannot apply with Lash Out until next session.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 18, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Experience 2/5 | Harm 3/4 | Conditions: Jelly Legged

Haha! Though still smirking at Gwendydd's humiliation, I nevertheless walk forward towards her with my hand out to help her back up, showing that I was willing to end things here, after her showed her up obviously, but before I'd gotten more than five steps, Teague, apparently enraged at being beaten, which is so typical, decides to try and murder me, blasting me up into the ceiling headfirst.

I fall back to the ground with a thud, blood trickling down from my head. I should just stop, and let Legate sort things out, get Teague her years worth of detention, but I'm not thinking clearly, not thinking clearly at all. When I lash out with my wand this time, the spell isn't technically non-verbal as I let out a howl of anger and pain while I internalize the incantation. Again, this spell wouldn't ordinarily be very dangerous, but with her Jellylegs and the added force of the magic bubbling over in the potential near death experience, the repulsion jinx is more like a cannon than a small shove, sending Gwendydd flying backwards to slam into the desks, getting buffeted between them until she reaches the other end of the classroom.

Lash out at Gwendydd (+1 jellylegs, +1 vs someone who took a harm already this scene)
6:48:57 PM godfish !r 2d6+3
6:48:57 PM Krysmbot godfish, 9+3 = 12
I'll deal 1 harm and force Gwendydd to hold steady before she retaliates

I push myself unsteadily to my feet, and walk slowly, each step landing heavily, towards Teague, blood pouring down my head. "You... just tried to kill me. For beating you in a practice no combat spells duel." I spit on the ground, mostly blood, but some saliva, then stagger and fall into a chair, landing heavily.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

I fling some low force harmless jinxes and pranks at my partner that are easily deflected, after all I don't want to hurt him. Then he flings a blast right over my shoulder and hits Zach. I don't want to believe it was on purpose but Zach looked like it hurt him and I could see him biting his tongue at Eustace's apology, which sounded a bit sarcastic. "Eustace! You apologize to him for real!" I scold firmly. Then everything flew into chaos!

It started off dreadfully, a jellylegs onto the pillows for both of them but then Cana actually hurt Gwen and Gwen struck back twice as hard and now Cana's hurting Gwen again and I like them both and don't want either of them fighting! I race away from Eustace, wand in hand, and interpose myself between the pair of feuding rivals. "Stop it right now both of you!" I shout. I'm very disappointed in them both! "This kind of behavior is unacceptable! You both know better than this!" With barely a shake of my wand I erect a shield around me. It expands and neatly clefts in half the practice area separating both partners and the non-partnered as I separate Gwen and Cana.

"Cana, I expected better from you, I'm disappointed!" I chastise.

[Rolling to Shut Down Cana
It's a 7
I give her the condition Disappointment and gain one in return.
]

"Gwendydd, I can't believe you! That you'd lose your temper like this! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

[Rolling to Shut Down Gwen too!
It's an 11
Gwen gains the condition Hot-headed.
]

I fume at the both. "If you keep this up I won't go anywhere with either of you." Why wasn't Professor Legate getting involved?! "I want you to both apologize and put this to bed this instant!" I demand, I make a furious little stomp of my foot for emphasis. I mean business! And both looked really hurt after that altercation! "Then I'm taking you both to the nurse." I declare before wheeling on Gwendydd. "And you, we're going to have a talk about this later." I thrust my wand at her.

My solid barrier remains erected. Barriers were one of the spells I did very well. "Sorry." I mumble to the class for my obstruction. But I wasn't dropping my barricade until this feuding pair made amends.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 18, 2015

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Busy Body

"Yes, absolutely, the more the merrier!" I heard he and Erhard has a scuff some time ago. It would be magical if Thomas had dirt on that ne'er-do-well.

Then that vision. That note. The note. The note. Why? Why did it have Gillian's name? And what was that about... night? Did he... Why would he?

That insolent lump of blood sausage slept with Martin. I hear her say my name but the thing I see speak it is a Dementor, a voracious creature with no morals other than a deep-seated hunger for carnal desires. Gillian and Martin, two of my best friends. Well, formerly.

I was so distracted by this that I didn't seem to notice I had gone completely bald. Chelsea got in a lucky shot with a Scalping Hex while my defenses were down. I think I might cry now. I unfurl a veil from my robe and place it over my head. I suppose she feels guilty the way she's looking at me, but I make my sobs sound like laughter (I grin when I'm sad. It's a terrible habit.) and ready myself for real combat. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to put Gilly in her place like how I saw Gwen's victim just fall from the sky. Oh, it's Cana. That's a shame, looks like it hurt.

I mean, if it was Cana I'd understand. She's his leader, and they seem, I don't know, friendly, and I'd probably approve. But to have Martin choose loving Gillian Sothe of all people in this damned school makes my fingers curl back. "It's not your fault," I tell Chelsea, "I had my guard down. A very palpable hit, as the Bard said. Now, en garde!" I play at dueling, not to cause trouble but to temper myself. I'll need it.

Conditions:

I been holding back on the messy poo poo on account of I have trouble keeping track of which hexes I'm supposed to know and which will get me detention. Again. Sardines never hurt nobody, and by the look of it neither has Zach. Then whap and Zach's on 'is arse.

Wha's that? Eustace firing off a shot at my partner? That won't do at all. But hey, what's Zach doing? Getting up, that's good. And...?

What a sad sack of poo poo he his. "Yeah, tha's all well 'n'good," I start at Zach. "'Course, if you want to see my real repertoire you're better off coming to our Horseman meetin'. We got spells no one in this room ever seen. With a set like that," I eyeball Eustace, givin' him the old two-finger salute while his back's turned, "We Horsemen can keep bullies in their right place. If you're interested, that is."

I really want to do what Eustace did, but it looks like Gwen beat me to it. I wonder. "'Val! Great job on that, eh?" It's free publicity. Worth a shot, in't it? Alright, back to business. I tell him, "I won't hold back no more if you're willin' to take it. Might learn something for later?"

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Scene 1 (Cont)

"That's enough!" Legate roars from behind her desk, springing up to her feet and then towards the back of the room in record time. Her wand's in hand, and the other's holding a slice of Carroway bread she pilfered off someone's desk on the way. She doesn't even look either of their injuries over before declaring "Teague, Volfenfeld, detention. I told you not to hurt each other. Senna, take them to the infirmary."

"Can I help them too?" Lessy asks quickly, staring at Cana's wound with a stricken expression.

"Fine, fine, but then both of you right back to class. And the rest of you - back to practice, NO more foolishness."

Senna, Gwen, and Cana will arrive at the infirmary with the next set of prompts, for now they're en-route. With that warning given, Legate plods back to her desk, flips her copy of The Daily Prophet back open, and gets back to ignoring you all as best as she can.

Gryffindors
Cana - Detention! Was it worth? It's a long walk to the Infirmary but two of your three traveling companions aren't so bad. Lessy's obviously incredibly worried about you, fussing over you and trying to be sure Gwen or some other Slytherin didn't sneak a hex in on you. What does she say that makes you feel better? Senna's there as well, and she's rather disappointed in you at the moment. Planning on saying anything to her to make things right? Or would you rather taunt Gwen?

Return a condition to Senna.

Lee - It's impossible to not have your practice end when Gwen and Cana start getting murderous and Legate intervenes. Chaucer seems to have been quite interested in the fight, nudging you in the ribs while Legate berates them. "Lucky us, eh? Getting to watch them 'fight', eh?" He turns ponderous for the merest fraction of moments before asking you "What about Gwen? Think she'd go with me?" Well, do you? What advice do you give him? What problem do you notice that's more important than Chaucer's romantic situation, or lack thereof?

Slytherins
Gwen - Really, the surprising thing is that Cana got detention too. Do you say anything cool on your way out of the class, or are you above needing to have the last word? Which of your fans had their request to escort you to the infirmary denied by Legate? It's a long walk to the infirmary, but you see something that reminds you of your impressive accomplishments on the way there. What is it, and why? Do you say anything to those with you? Shouldn't Cana apologize for getting you both in trouble?

Erhard - Wow, between you needing to chastise Eustace and Gwen and Cana seemingly have decided to engage in mutual murder, class sure has been violent. What other time at Hogwarts does it remind you of? While you're distracted, Victoria takes advantage of the chattering about Gwen and Cana throughout the class to sneak closer to you. "Erm, uh, Erhard, uh..." She's nearly beet red, but perseveres, "Are you going to Hogsmeade with anyone one?" Do you catch her drift? How do you answer her?

Hufflepuffs
Senna - "Five points to Hufflepuff Senna, that was quick-thinking." Legate whispers to you while you help Cana and Gwen out of the classroom. Lessy's tagging along to help Cana - almost possessively so - which leaves you to support Gwen. What do you notice about her injuries that makes you more sympathetic? You've probably escorted people to the infirmary before, but have you ever had to go yourself? What do you say to those with you to maybe try and make them feel better? Or would you rather walk in silence?

Zachary - First Harriet, now Gillian - did you do your hair differently today or something? Regardless, planning on taking Gillian up on her offer? Before you can answer immediately, Cana and Gwen about kill each other. So hot-headed, not like you at all. What do you notice while all the mammals are distracted by the show? By the time things are back to normal, Gillian's got her bored mask back up, wand slowly shifting in her grip like a serpent. Is it time for talk, or for practice?

Ravenclaws
Margot - "Agreed." Lizabeth answers, shifting into a dueling stance with practiced grace. "Oh you are in for it!" Lizabeth calls happily - you can tell she's super pleased you dug your own grave for her. While Legate swoops in to chastise Cana and Gwen, she smirks at you, then sends a non-verbal Stupefy streaking towards you. With the professor distracted and everyone else watching her deal with that mess, there's no one to watch her flagrant violation of the rules. What do you do?

Valerie - That... that bitch! That unbelievable bitch! What are you going to do? What are you going to do about your new hair-do? You have some time to reflect, since Gwen and Cana felt the need to put on a little demonstration for the class. Was there anything you saw in either of their performances that would make for a suitable Horseman? "Vaaaal... hello!" Erin's waving her hand in front of your face, looking at you with a carefully calibrated mixture of affection and amusement. "Something the matter?" What do you do?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 19, 2015

• Locked thread