Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'll vote Somber or Asiina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Reasons Asiina is scum:

Behaviour around deadline when we almost lynched Ecco

Asiina posted:

I could, but I'd rather no lynch than vote Ecco with 6 minutes to go.

Asiina posted:

Yeah, I don't feel comfortable with this switch with less than 5 minutes left at MYLO. Not voting Ecco tonight.

Asiina posted:

I think at least one, if not both, of Opop and Hal are scum. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon at the end of the day.

I will not feel guilty for not joining a last minute rush at MYLO.

and then an attempt to look townie when jumping on it the next day (plus bonus night action fishing)

Asiina posted:

Alright, I'm convinced.

##vote Ecco

Also did anyone get Kumba's results last night?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

To give credit where it is due, this was the post that made me think Asiina was scum. I read this from Kumba and it just seemed so obvious, which is why I asked Asiina if she would vote Ecco and put my own vote down on Ecco as well.

Kumbamontu posted:

Or Asiina your scumbuddy was waiting for someone else (fv) to join before hammering :shrug:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think Somber is scum because of

a) his terrible, awful, amazingly bad case on derp D1.
b) his lack of content
c) he never voted Ecco
d) he avoided discussing the cop claim on Ecco with

Somberbrero posted:

too drunk, will figure this out tomorrow.

and then never discussing it again that day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Reasons Asiina is scum:

Behaviour around deadline when we almost lynched Ecco

and then an attempt to look townie when jumping on it the next day (plus bonus night action fishing)

You conveniently left out this post, aka the reason my opinion changed

Asiina posted:

I'm gonna come back to this thread in the morning, although if those votes sit and they don't get rushed, then Ecco is definitely scum, since while I believe Opop is scum, I don't think CPig is.

Not wanting to jump on someone 4 minutes until deadline who I thought had been acting townie and who was being voted for by people I think are scum and then voting for someone the next day who either had to be scum or two other people (one of whom is the uncounterclaimed doctor) were scum are different situations. I was taken in by Ecco's argument (which by the way, so were you). It was the voting situation the next day that made the difference.

Also how is "night action fishing" a bad thing in this scenario. Kumba is dead but hopefully got to send his results to someone the night he died. Why wouldn't I want to know if he had cleared someone as town or found another scum? If I was scum why would I want that information out there?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

You conveniently left out this post, aka the reason my opinion changed

Not wanting to jump on someone 4 minutes until deadline who I thought had been acting townie and who was being voted for by people I think are scum and then voting for someone the next day who either had to be scum or two other people (one of whom is the uncounterclaimed doctor) were scum are different situations. I was taken in by Ecco's argument (which by the way, so were you). It was the voting situation the next day that made the difference.

Also how is "night action fishing" a bad thing in this scenario. Kumba is dead but hopefully got to send his results to someone the night he died. Why wouldn't I want to know if he had cleared someone as town or found another scum? If I was scum why would I want that information out there?

Why wouldn't scum want to know if Kumba had passed any other info onto a town player? Thats a silly argument.

Who do you think is scum Asiina?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why would town not want to know either someone cleared by a cop or the identity of another scum? That makes no sense and trying to paint that as silly is dumb as hell. Seriously, explain to me how wanting to know the result of a cop investigation from the dead cop at LYLO is scummy.

I've also already said who I think is scum. Are you actually reading? I think Opop is absolutely 100% scum and by process of elimination the other is probably either Hal or Somber.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Why would town not want to know either someone cleared by a cop or the identity of another scum? That makes no sense and trying to paint that as silly is dumb as hell. Seriously, explain to me how wanting to know the result of a cop investigation from the dead cop at LYLO is scummy.

I've also already said who I think is scum. Are you actually reading? I think Opop is absolutely 100% scum and by process of elimination the other is probably either Hal or Somber.

Give me your opinions on Hal and Somber?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's way too brazen for Asiina to be scum IMO.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What bit is brazen?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It is very annoying when people come in, make one post and then leave.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It is very annoying when people come in, make one post and then leave.

I tried explaining that to my boss but "FV is annoyed" apparently isn't good enough so I'm stuck posting on breaks for now.

I think the whole "will I won't I" thing with Ecco was brazen, that's what I'm referring to

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
fv I've answered your questions, now answer mine.

Also I'm making this post and now I'm going to bed, deal with it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Sorry, which questions?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I tried explaining that to my boss but "FV is annoyed" apparently isn't good enough so I'm stuck posting on breaks for now.

I think the whole "will I won't I" thing with Ecco was brazen, that's what I'm referring to

Gimme your boss' phone number. I'll sort this out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think somber is the best choice for today. He was my second scum pick after ecco and his couple posts yesterday before we ended things read very phony and like he was just trying for any bus cred.

I'm pretty split about the third scum, but again, from most to least scummy.

f_v has bothered me with her tone most of the game and interestingly she barely mentions ecco then entire game other than a vote very close to deadline the day we no-lynched. Most of the game she has gone after me and opop mainly for lack of content and has barely done any real scumhunting.

Asiina's worst crime was stalling the lynch on Ecco but she was also the key vote yesterday that ended up getting rid of ecco. She's also not said much later in the game.

Cpig continues to sell the doc/truffle thing pretty hard which bugs me but no other doc and going hard on ecco yesterday looks good for him.

I continue to think Opop has too much pride and respect for the game to play scum this way.

As for me, I think it would be pretty poor scum play for two scum to hard bus each other in LYLO and make ourselves the only real options for the day which obviously isn't a clear but something you should at least consider.

I may go to bed now, sorry f_v

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Actually some ##food and ##drink would be nice before bed

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

f_v has bothered me with her tone most of the game and interestingly she barely mentions ecco then entire game other than a vote very close to deadline the day we no-lynched. Most of the game she has gone after me and opop mainly for lack of content and has barely done any real scumhunting.

Can you actually go back and read my posts because your opinion about what I have/haven't done this game is so incorrect that you seem to be just making poo poo up.

I cased and voted Ecco D1. Thats hardly barely mentioning her.

Your claim that I've barely done any scumhunting is both wrong AND hypocritical. No player still alive in the game has done more scumhunting than me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
man fv don't vote me. opop was actually there at the d3 deadline and didn't hammer ecco when he's been on ecco as scum for a while.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I didn't hammer Ecco because Ecco had no votes when I was here

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry, which questions?

Literally the other half of the post you quoted.

Asiina posted:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Literally the other half of the post you quoted.

Do you honestly think that if someone town had that info, that they just forgot to post it?

Scum want to know that info because they want to know who is confirmed town. It factors into their decisions about who to kill.

Anyway, my mum is visiting me this weekend, so my posting will be sporadic.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Gimme her number, I'll sort this out

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do you honestly think that if someone town had that info, that they just forgot to post it?

Scum want to know that info because they want to know who is confirmed town. It factors into their decisions about who to kill.

I don't think they'd forget, but I think it's worth bringing up to get them to post it if they have it. Scum wouldn't want it posted because a) it could be one of them investigated and b) narrowing the list of suspects gives them one less place to hide. These are also the reasons town wants that information.

Confirmed town helps us far more than it helps scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean, its pretty obvious that scum got the result.

Town would have said they got it by now and scum , if they were smart, would have sat on it, like they are.

I'm leaning Opop/asiina for scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina, your turn to answer my previously unanswered question.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Give me your opinions on Hal and Somber?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Anyone still playing this game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Anyone still playing this game?

drat I had no idea deadline was so close. ##vote somber this is what we need to do.

Sorry I just got home from unexpected work I will try and get more thoughts in since f_v asked me to reevaluate her play and I did. Some of her points are fair but she overselling herself. I'll elaborate when I get a chance.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I feel better with ##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Cool, someone else is actually around.

##vote Somber

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel better with ##vote Opop

Why?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, sorry I was busy with other games. My thoughts on Somber are basically that he's completely disengaged with this game, and that's not usual for him at all. Hal is more process of elimination since I think that fv and cpig are town.

I am still super duper sure it's Opop though.

##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina, how do you reconcile ecco's behaviour towards Hal with Hal possibly being scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it's possible Ecco knew she was screwed and tried to bus Hal in order to save either him or herself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
poo poo sorry, I'm out of town this weekend. ##vote opop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh no I really don't think it's opop. If it is I will be very disappointed in him

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

poo poo sorry, I'm out of town this weekend. ##vote opop

I don't like this

##vote Somber

Also, I just decided to read over him and I don't like the way he reacted to me at the beginning of day 2 and I don't like his behavior towards the derp lynch day 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Somberbrero (3): Hal Incandenza, fiery_valkyrie, CapitalistPig
Opopanax (2): CapitalistPig, Asiina, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (1): Opopanax

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It ain't me ##vote somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah okay.

##vote Somber