Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Wait it out, slit the throat/sever spinal cord of the victor. 3v3 looks pretty solid for leaving only 1 for us to finish off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Can we just steal some poo poo and leave?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Challenge the skeleton to a dance-off.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Applewhite posted:

This

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Monkey Fracas posted:

Join the skeletons in beating the everloving crap out of the remaining elves.

But like let the skeletons do the heavy lifting, man

Punch a few elves after a skeleton already killed them, and claim credit for it.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Punch a few elves after a skeleton already killed them, and claim credit for it.

Applewhite posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I just want to point out that we have a couple of food items that will restore some Effort when used (if you can bear to part with anything, you hoarders). Using a loot card is normally a free action so you can still do whatever else you're planning.

Check the adventure sheet and the second post for details about our stuff.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Gilganixon posted:

I just want to point out that we have a couple of food items that will restore some Effort when used (if you can bear to part with anything, you hoarders). Using a loot card is normally a free action so you can still do whatever else you're planning.

Check the adventure sheet and the second post for details about our stuff.

eat

the

testicle

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Help Mr. Skeltal get spoopy on some elves.
Dootdoot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

normally i am anti-skeleton but i remember the "befriend the skellies" arc being pretty entertaining

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

normally i am anti-skeleton but i remember the "befriend the skellies" arc being pretty entertaining

If I recall correctly they hate elves more than anything but can tolerate half elves for whatever reason

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RC Cola posted:

If I recall correctly they hate elves more than anything but can tolerate half elves for whatever reason

yeah this, they like skeletons but dont care for things that wear them (elves) but you arent an elf

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dreggon posted:

yeah this, they like skeletons but dont care for things that wear them (elves) but you arent an elf

Every creature in this game is actually pretty cool about half elves, they usually just hate elves and pixies. Humans refer to half-elves, half dwarfs and doublehalflings as "half-humans" and they're a pretty chill bunch in general.

Elves are just crap.

Anyway, the options I'm seeing here are:

Join forces with the skeletons for one reason or another: 5 votes
Challenge bones to a dance-off: 3 votes
Wait it out and see who kills who - 1 vote
Sneak off, stealing whatever's lying around. - 1 vote

To help with your decision here is the Skeleton Bestiary entry:

Speaking of these things, I found this on a cached geocities fan page:

As for our Effort problem, Atma correctly believes we should stop hoarding the testicle. You could also drink the Marching Potion. We can use both. Or we can just keep hoarding all our poo poo.

Here are the cards so you can see the effects:

Choice here is EAT[testicle/marching potion] or tough it out.

So far one vote for the testicle, will go for whatever has the highest vote in a couple hours.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Eat Potion and then Testicle to offset the -elan.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Amorphous Blob posted:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Eat the potion only for now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Amorphous Blob posted:

But not in front of skeletons. They hate being reminded that they aren't alive

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I say combine the dance off and join forces options. Everyone knows skeletons love to dance so if you show them your dancing prowess they are sure to respect you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Drink Potion

Leave Testicle Half-elves have too many balls to not need +23 every now and again.

Smash off, but try and capture at least one elf for juicing.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

I would like to amend my force join with Mr. Skeltal to add that I would like to drink potion.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Seems like this game likes to punish hoarders, we should definitely eat dat ball

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I kind of want to see what would have happened if we actually followed the "got a lot of balls" instruction. Note that the loot card does not say "you may," implying that use of the testicle in that situation is not optional :colbert: </MTGplayer>

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Drink potion.

Save testicle for the +23 page number event.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

loquacius posted:

I kind of want to see what would have happened if we actually followed the "got a lot of balls" instruction. Note that the loot card does not say "you may," implying that use of the testicle in that situation is not optional :colbert: </MTGplayer>

The Mandatory Testicle

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Drink the potion then try to join the skeletons. If they aren't digging us then run the hell away! Bilgeton is calling and we should answer it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
suck ball

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MAIN QUEST UPDATE

Amorphous Blob posted:

It didn't occur to me that this was possible but it's actually a really good move. However the thread narrowly went for just eating the potion, so we'll do that for the time being.

-1 Elan, +20 effort.

Anyway, elves and skeletons. The scanner temporarily worked again so here's the last page:

We're going to help the Skeletons (135):

Which earns us a stab in the back. Fortunately we do have a saving throw from that shield we've been lugging around all day.

Need 4+ to save, rolled 4. We avoided the injury. The shield turns out not to be *completely* worthless for once.

The skeleton wants us to follow it, but should we? If we do what kind of attitude should we take to the Wizard?

Alternatively we could just spend some time to loot the corpses and hit the road to Bilgeton. Or we could do something else, check your copies of the book for options while I get the scanner working again.

Adventure sheet:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTERNATIVE TIMELINE KAROL DUNGEON ADVENTURE UPDATE

Feels like we've been under the wombat cave for a while.

Anyway, our persistence finally pays off:

Ugh. Anyway did we learn a lesson? If so, what was it, and what should we do about it?

This will wrap up the alternative quest because it leads straight to one of the possible endings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

loquacius posted:

The elves would be too intimidated to fight and we would have had the option of robbing them or frogmarching them to the wizard, which would have had an outcome pretty similar to what we just reached except you end up having to fight at least one skeleton. It's like a net saving of 20 effort tops.
You always have the choice with loot cards in the Two-Fisted Fantasy system. :colbert: The only cards that don't give you a choice are equipment - if they're equipped they always have the effect on the card -which is why I sometimes ask if we want to equip an item or not.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 12, 2015

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Yo quote the /mtgplayer guy, if it is an optional ability we must choose yes (judge's tower ftw).

We fight.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MainQuest
- Loot the elves, ask Thighbone for help since he DID try to axe us.
- Then go see the Wizard. Be chill, he seems like a good guy. Plus, my phone automatically capitalized Wizard when I typed it in, so that's a good sign.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Let's follow the skeleton and see if we can get a job from the wizard. Hopefully he's not one of those employers that actually want to see a resume or proof of any kind of beneficial job qualities first.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
follow skellingtons and have a helpful attitude wrt the wizard

there's no point in looting the elves, those fuckers won't have anything useful

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

> engage in friendly rivalry with Thighbone for the wizard's approval

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Loot and then go see the wizard. Hum the thigh bone song to annoy the skeleton

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ask the skeletons to take you to their secret underground skeleton lair where you can recruit the army of the undead to kill Jeff.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

the_steve posted:

MainQuest
- Loot the elves, ask Thighbone for help since he DID try to axe us.
- Then go see the Wizard. Be chill, he seems like a good guy. Plus, my phone automatically capitalized Wizard when I typed it in, so that's a good sign.

Yeah that.

For the sidequest: it's obvious that we are the Minotaur. Our destiny is to be the bastard half-creature who rules the maze with an iron fist. Karol can help lure hapless wanderers if he wants, but no pressure.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

the_steve posted:

MainQuest
- Loot the elves.

Engage in anti elvish racist banter with the Wizard, gain common ground with him. Then offer him sexual favors in return for our very own skellington, preferably not thighbone.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

blow the minor injury to our back way out of proportion to guilt-trip the wizard into giving us cool poo poo

scam the wizard (but seriously we did take an axe to our back it does hurt)

e: scratch that, take a page directly out of The Outsorcerer's Apprentice, then hire an elf lawyer

we're off to sue the wizard

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 12, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Dreggon posted:

blow the minor injury to our back way out of proportion to guilt-trip the wizard into giving us cool poo poo

I vote this but use the condiments to make it look like we're REALLY hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dreggon posted:

scam the wizard (but seriously we did take an axe to our back it does hurt)

e: scratch that, take a page directly out of The Outsorcerer's Apprentice, then hire an elf lawyer

we're off to sue the wizard

This is a good plan and cannot possibly go wrong.

It looks like we're going to make the skeletons wait, loot the battlefield a little, then go see the wizard and lay it on thick with the injuries to get a sweet payday out of him. Will check back soon to see if anything changed.

inkmoth posted:

Yo quote the /mtgplayer guy, if it is an optional ability we must choose yes (judge's tower ftw).

We fight.

The Advanced Two-Fisted Fantasy books pretty much took this tack and they were responsible for bankrupting the company (that and the effective boycott by Christian groups, and the suspicious fires which gutted their printing presses). If you want to play the hardcore mode through I'll scan in the whole book as a PDF after this LP and you can do your own playthrough.

• Locked thread