Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

There have now been a few people that have echoed merk's sentiments, so at some point you have to look yourself in the mirror.

I don't care if I look townie or not, I cafe about getting scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

merk posted:

Thems the breaks, kid. You try to run guns with the best, but you ain't got the gumption. *spittoon*

merk, i thought footmen were meant to be seen, not heard

what are you doing????

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

Again, thread:

Does this post make any sense with the actions and approaches that Max is taking? His words and behaviors are in clear contradiction.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

People are mad that I am not giving up but I am not giving up because there is a case here that is not being addressed and is being ignored because bloo bloo bloo Keane won't shut up, only scum post a lot, my poop sandwich is too delicious for me to consider anything else at the moment, etc.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think you made some good points. I think there are also some other scum out there. If Max were to flip town, you would have contributed zero to this game. So who else do you think is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I think you made some good points. I think there are also some other scum out there. If Max were to flip town, you would have contributed zero to this game. So who else do you think is scum?

This contrasts with your post here:

Quidnose posted:

##vote Keane I just played on a scumteam with Keane and I feel like this sort of locked-on-don't-give-a-gently caress attitude is indicative of his scum game.

So you think I am making good points and that Max is scum ("I think there are also some other scum out there") but also that I am scum for being too locked in.

So, Quidnose, is Max scum or not, because my opinion of you will depend on your thoughts there.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The only thing weird about Max is him still not wanting to make the statement after he realized what you were doing. I can understand him being stubborn ahead of time, but not wanting to do it after your gambit was explained MIGHT go beyond stubborn town frustration. Even if you suggest that he's not wanting to back down because of fear of being called noncommittal, it still all boils down to him being self-conscious of how he looks, which isn't a town mindset. So in that area, he might be scum, yes.

YOU, however, have been harping on this to the point of ignoring everything else, as I've already stated. You also just demanded that I call Max scum and that my opinion on him will decide if you think I am scum or not. would not be surprised if my non-committal answer allows you to add me to your list and give you something to point to as "look, scumhunting." Alas, that's not scumhunting, that's lazy, and I don't get why you're not even bothering to read anything else. Suggests that you don't want to.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

The only thing weird about Max is him still not wanting to make the statement after he realized what you were doing. I can understand him being stubborn ahead of time, but not wanting to do it after your gambit was explained MIGHT go beyond stubborn town frustration. Even if you suggest that he's not wanting to back down because of fear of being called noncommittal, it still all boils down to him being self-conscious of how he looks, which isn't a town mindset. So in that area, he might be scum, yes.

YOU, however, have been harping on this to the point of ignoring everything else, as I've already stated. You also just demanded that I call Max scum and that my opinion on him will decide if you think I am scum or not. would not be surprised if my non-committal answer allows you to add me to your list and give you something to point to as "look, scumhunting." Alas, that's not scumhunting, that's lazy, and I don't get why you're not even bothering to read anything else. Suggests that you don't want to.

Okay, so when you said "You make some good point on Max" what you meant was "You did not make good point on Max", since now you are saying there is only one weird thing about Max.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

*takes shirt off, is ripped* Come at me, bro. *oils self*

Come
at
me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max could be scum, yes, based on his self-consciousness in wanting to post the phrase. Your point is not a slam-dunk scum-catch when you consider that he might have no idea that a lie detector role exists. I have done the same thing as him, as town, when I didn't know lie detectors existed.

I'm more interested in you doing EXACTLY WHAT I SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO in trying to discredit me as scum here. Look at Keane's scumhunting, everyone~~~

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
ICR's Official Day 1 Votecount!!!

a worthy uhh (0)
Amoeba102 (0)
CCKeane (1) - Puntification Quidnose
fiery_valkyrie (0)
Gamerofthegame (2) - Max QuoProQuid
Max (2) - CCKeane Gameofthegame QuoProQuid wins32767 Spoonsy
merk (1) - The Ninth Layer
Nth Docter (0)
Puntification (0)
Quidnose (0)
Quinquereme (1) - Yuming
QuoProQuid (1) - Squiggly
Spoonsy (0) - Max
Squiggly (0)
The Ninth Layer (0)
WalrusWhisker (3) - Merk Gamerofthegame Hal Incandenze
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0)
wins32767 (2) - WalrusWhiskers Puntification
yuming (1) - Quidnose
zzyzx (0)

If something is wrong here, let me know. :siren: Also make sure to ##unvote before you ##vote again. :siren:

Iron Chef Ramen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 12, 2015

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Max could be scum, yes, based on his self-consciousness in wanting to post the phrase. Your point is not a slam-dunk scum-catch when you consider that he might have no idea that a lie detector role exists. I have done the same thing as him, as town, when I didn't know lie detectors existed.

I'm more interested in you doing EXACTLY WHAT I SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO in trying to discredit me as scum here. Look at Keane's scumhunting, everyone~~~

You're not actually addressing the points made in that your position shifted from one stance to another in posts that follow each other.

*flexes again, continues to be ripped*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

VOTE COUNT HERE IN A BIT

it has been a bit come awn eye see are get w/the PROGRAMS

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Those points don't contradict each other at all so please kindly explain to me what you are even trying to say.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys how was everyones weekend? Mine was cool. Didn't have to read a hundred or so posts about the same two people bickering.

First things first, ##unvote before my clear joke vote serves as the basis for anything.

I don't like the fact that Keane has refused to let up on Max for his refusal to post a sentence. To echo Quid, if Max were to be shot dead this instant and flip town, Keane will have contributed a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. And he's taken the time to fight back against everyone who has pointed this fact out, be it Quid, or merk, or anyone really, for continuing his hunt and remaining the sole (after my unvote) person on Max.

Walrus: Uncomfortable as to why anyone would try to push for people to quickly vote for a lynch D1 before the weekend, but not uncomfortable enough to put a vote down
Gamer: Dude don't speculate on game structure the second the game starts. That's unnecessary and weird

Also, Keane, are you willing to do a leg drop from the top of the third rope?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I literally said "Max could be scum based on his stubbornness but I am more interested in YOUR stubbornness as an indicator of being A Bad Man because he's admitted his faults and you have admitted nothing and done no other work." And then I voted you.

Not contradictory at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All I got at the moment is Walrus is too hedgy, Max was too stubborn and Keane was tunneling. Have I missed anything else important?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

EccoRaven posted:

it has been a bit come awn eye see are get w/the PROGRAMS

Just going to start copying VoteCounter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Quidnose posted:

These posts are in conflict, since if I made some good points than there are things that are weird about Max beyond his refusal to make a statement, and if the only thing weird about Max is his refusal to make a statement, then I didn't make good points.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

Hey guys how was everyones weekend? Mine was cool. Didn't have to read a hundred or so posts about the same two people bickering.

First things first, ##unvote before my clear joke vote serves as the basis for anything.

I don't like the fact that Keane has refused to let up on Max for his refusal to post a sentence. To echo Quid, if Max were to be shot dead this instant and flip town, Keane will have contributed a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. And he's taken the time to fight back against everyone who has pointed this fact out, be it Quid, or merk, or anyone really, for continuing his hunt and remaining the sole (after my unvote) person on Max.

Walrus: Uncomfortable as to why anyone would try to push for people to quickly vote for a lynch D1 before the weekend, but not uncomfortable enough to put a vote down
Gamer: Dude don't speculate on game structure the second the game starts. That's unnecessary and weird

Also, Keane, are you willing to do a leg drop from the top of the third rope?

Super willing, Spoonsy.

Also saying "Well what if max flips town, WHAT THEN" is a garbage point, because why make cases on anybody if you might be wrong! Why bother going to that job interview, that might not give me that job!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Just going to start copying VoteCounter.

I made you ramen! I made you and I can end you!!

no but thanks you're doing a great job it'll be easier day 2 when everyone stops :justvote:-ing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Dude, he's saying you've only talked about Max in the first post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Dude, he's saying you've only talked about Max in the first post.

Tunneling is only wrong if you're wrong!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

These posts are in conflict, since if I made some good points than there are things that are weird about Max beyond his refusal to make a statement, and if the only thing weird about Max is his refusal to make a statement, then I didn't make good points.

You made some good points regarding how Max was weird on that issue. More important to me, you have made zero other points about anything, period, and that worries and pings me more than said good points you made regarding your potential hypothesis as to why Max is being oddly selfconscious.

That is what I am saying.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Here is a picture of me this game:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

You made some good points regarding how Max was weird on that issue. More important to me, you have made zero other points about anything, period, and that worries and pings me more than said good points you made regarding your potential hypothesis as to why Max is being oddly selfconscious.

That is what I am saying.

Are you bothered by everybody flying under the radar, then?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Tunneling is only wrong if you're wrong!

Which is the scenario he was talking about. "If Max flips town, what have you contributed?"

You're not addressing his point at all, only deflecting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A better photo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also wins is scum.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
They aren't in conflict because you don't have to be 100% on or off board with someone. You have an argument against Max! There's sound points. They still think you come across as scummy regardless.

I dunno how this is difficult to say but you're just being pedantic at this point. And obnoxious, for that matter.

Pretend Max doesn't exist. It is a thought exercise. What do you think of the other people in this game who aren't Max? Like Walrus, for instance.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Are you bothered by everybody flying under the radar, then?

I don't even know what this means

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

Pretend Max doesn't exist. It is a thought exercise. What do you think of the other people in this game who aren't Max? Like Walrus, for instance.

I like this as an idea.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Which is the scenario he was talking about. "If Max flips town, what have you contributed?"

You're not addressing his point at all, only deflecting.

If Max flips town, you're right! I was wrong, and I contributed by kick starting the game out of jokephase.

The argument is "You are making one case that you believe in strongly, what if you're wrong" which, I mean, I can kick the same thing to Quid who is doing the same.

Gamerofthegame posted:

They aren't in conflict because you don't have to be 100% on or off board with someone. You have an argument against Max! There's sound points. They still think you come across as scummy regardless.

I dunno how this is difficult to say but you're just being pedantic at this point. And obnoxious, for that matter.

There's tonally different, but fine, I'll drop that one.

As to your second point:

Hey y'all, you can make your own goddamn cases and I'll follow a good one.

I guess everyone is just too awed by my case making powers to make one of their own.

You can do it, thread. I believe in you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah this looks a lot like the Scum Keane I just played with, I'm happy with my vote.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

If Max flips town, you're right! I was wrong, and I contributed by kick starting the game out of jokephase.

The argument is "You are making one case that you believe in strongly, what if you're wrong" which, I mean, I can kick the same thing to Quid who is doing the same.

My case was that you're not addressing what he was saying. I'm going to make a call on what you've contributed since I haven't really paid much attention to the entirety of the thread. You should have just answered Quid with your other achievements in the game. Like you could have said exactly what you've said in your last two posts. "I have made a call on wins and I actually got the game rolling".

Has Quid done nothing so far this game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Yeah this looks a lot like the Scum Keane I just played with, I'm happy with my vote.

When I flip town you'll have contributed nothing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CCKeane posted:

As to your second point:

Hey y'all, you can make your own goddamn cases and I'll follow a good one.

I guess everyone is just too awed by my case making powers to make one of their own.

You can do it, thread. I believe in you.

That isn't what I asked. In fact, it's completely different.

What are your thoughts on the other members of the game? I'll let you narrow it down to just the people with votes on them, if you'd like. But you have about three pages of this (spitballing) nine page game that are all about your thoughts on Max. Believe it or not, there have been some good cases out there! You must be missing them because you're just talking about Max. Heck, there's a case on me! Seems nice, has foot notes.

What are your thoughts on other people?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Because the dude who made the post is scum.

Merk, it's weird that you are voting Walrus, think he is scum, and haven't made a case on him. Merk, what's up with that?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

When I flip town you'll have contributed nothing.

While this is currently true, I've never said "I REFUSE TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I AM PROVEN CORRECT OR INCORRECT."

If you would start scumhunting, I would potentially change my opinion of you. Until then, I will do my own scum hunting as soon as I finish this paper~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

That isn't what I asked. In fact, it's completely different.

What are your thoughts on the other members of the game? I'll let you narrow it down to just the people with votes on them, if you'd like. But you have about three pages of this (spitballing) nine page game that are all about your thoughts on Max. Believe it or not, there have been some good cases out there! You must be missing them because you're just talking about Max. Heck, there's a case on me! Seems nice, has foot notes.

What are your thoughts on other people?

My thoughts are that you should BITE ME.

• Locked thread