Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Quidnose posted:

While this is currently true, I've never said "I REFUSE TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I AM PROVEN CORRECT OR INCORRECT."

If you would start scumhunting, I would potentially change my opinion of you. Until then, I will do my own scum hunting as soon as I finish this paper~

Sounds good, since you certainly haven't hunted scum with your nonsense on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

So then you haven't done any scumhunting either with your nonsense on Max, I presume :allears:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

All of Zzyzx's posts are jokes, he hasn't posted anything, even a hip shot opinion. That's bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

So then you haven't done any scumhunting either with your nonsense on Max, I presume :allears:

Well do you have good reason to think he'll flip town, Quid?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quinquereme doesn't have many posts, but they seem alright. Especially considering that they are in a different time zone they seem pretty legit.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

When I flip town you'll have contributed nothing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why you gotta be like that, CCHannah?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Artifacted image. Scum found.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quid, Keane is actually working on contributing more to the game now. What are you doing?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gamer is playing a very different game from their game in Earthbound. They are asking a lot of questions and seems to want to be posting and asking questions without sticking their neck out. It is scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Amoeba seems okay? No strong feelings either way.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CCKeane posted:

Gamer is playing a very different game from their game in Earthbound. They are asking a lot of questions and seems to want to be posting and asking questions without sticking their neck out. It is scummy.

small aside earthbound was the first game in several months for me

There isn't steak in this game yet.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

This post feels really scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Quid, Keane is actually working on contributing more to the game now. What are you doing?

Trying to finish up this paper, as I stated, and then I'm happy to play mafia.

Also I find you incredibly suspicious because beyond Keane's (actually good) point on Gamer, his analysis thus far is "Don't really see anything here" when going down a list of people. That's not scumhunting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And you just flipflopped on the Quid vs. Keane argument in the course of literally 5 minutes. We haven't even changed our positions at all, all Keane is doing is posting nulltells. How does that make me look bad, Amoeba?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Also I find you incredibly suspicious because beyond Keane's (actually good) point on Gamer, his analysis thus far is "Don't really see anything here" when going down a list of people. That's not scumhunting.

I also called out zzyzx.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Steak-gate was both dumb and turned out to be kinda right, so I'm not going to hold that over Gamer. But his role-fish thing was scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

Did Keane tell you he was going to lightly bus you in the scumdoc and thus you rushed over here to comment on it?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Quidnose posted:

And you just flipflopped on the Quid vs. Keane argument in the course of literally 5 minutes. We haven't even changed our positions at all, all Keane is doing is posting nulltells. How does that make me look bad, Amoeba?

He's starting to do something different than tunneling, it's a start.

My flipflopping was pointing out that he was misrepresenting your argument, and now he's started addressing it. The point against you is that, if you haven't contributed anything like he says then you're being hypocritical. The fact that you're increasing your focus on Keane is suss. It's not to do with your positions but your actions.

Just go finish your paper instead of trying to get in cheap points on Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Steak-gate was both dumb and turned out to be kinda right, so I'm not going to hold that over Gamer. But his role-fish thing was scummy.

It's not that.

Look at the posts Gamer makes in Earthbound - there are a lot of statements and such.

Compare that to his game here - he is asking a lot of questions and asking people to do the work for him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

He's starting to do something different than tunneling, it's a start.

My flipflopping was pointing out that he was misrepresenting your argument, and now he's started addressing it. The point against you is that, if you haven't contributed anything like he says then you're being hypocritical. The fact that you're increasing your focus on Keane is suss. It's not to do with your positions but your actions.

Just go finish your paper instead of trying to get in cheap points on Keane.

Being hypocritical isn't a scumtell. I saw him doing something scummy with INTENT to obfuscate. My intent has not been to obfuscate what I am doing at all - I just haven't started playing this game until this conversation, really. Keane has clearly been invested in finding scum since his initial posts and his engagement with Max, but he hasn't done anything else since then - not until I bothered him about it, and even then not until several people told him that I was probably right. That's suspicious - my being busy and doing other things is not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Being hypocritical isn't a scumtell. I saw him doing something scummy with INTENT to obfuscate. My intent has not been to obfuscate what I am doing at all - I just haven't started playing this game until this conversation, really. Keane has clearly been invested in finding scum since his initial posts and his engagement with Max, but he hasn't done anything else since then - not until I bothered him about it, and even then not until several people told him that I was probably right. That's suspicious - my being busy and doing other things is not.

Wait what?

If you thought I was clearly invested in finding scum, why did you vote me?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like here is my timeline of your posts:

"Keane is scummy for tunneling"
"Keane is scummy for posting other cases"
"Keane was obviously engaged in hunting scum"
"I am a bucket of farts"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because what I thought was you being earnest was, as far as I could tell from your actions now, you being obnoxious in order to excuse yourself from having to focus on anyone else D1. See me against GG in Earthboundfia, I did the same thing. Tunneling is an effective scumtactic.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Because what I thought was you being earnest was, as far as I could tell from your actions now, you being obnoxious in order to excuse yourself from having to focus on anyone else D1. See me against GG in Earthboundfia, I did the same thing. Tunneling is an effective scumtactic.

So then earlier, before I shifted my focus, you thought I was town?

Then why did you vote me for tunneling?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

##vote Keane I just played on a scumteam with Keane and I feel like this sort of locked-on-don't-give-a-gently caress attitude is indicative of his scum game.

Was this before or after you felt I wasn't being earnest, Quid?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh my Jesus.

"Man this is irritating to read. It's weird that Max ultimately refused to say the phrase, I'll have to remember that, that is suspicious."
"Keane is STILL on this Max thing? Why? Hasn't he seen anything else happen, people are talking about other things. What's the deal with that, Keane, I should say something."
"Holy poo poo he is defending this hard and deflecting hard, that's bizarre as hell. I remember him playing like this as scum in Earthboundfia, I think this is his scum game."
"Look at all the ways he is attempting to discredit my character rather than engage with me and the pretty pisspoor reads he's given, I think I am still right."

Voila, le thought process de Quidnose.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My initially thinking you looked better given the outcome of the argument has absolutely nothing to do with my subsequently thinking you scummy for continuing to harp on it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quidnose posted:

I consider it a scumtell, fyi.

If you haven't really been playing thus far. Fair enough. Neither have I. I just thought you would have countered that earlier when I asked if you had in fact done nothing thus far. At least you've got the same reason i do.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why wouldn't you just read my post history rather than demand I tell you I haven't been playing seriously up until this point? That's kinda weird dude.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm loving lazy man. I just want summaries.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I dunno, man.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lots of blah. Not enough blah ending in votes on walrus.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Lots of blah. Not enough blah ending in votes on walrus.

You've said this, and I don't disagree necessarily, but can you make a case on that there Walrus?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gamerofthegame posted:

Squint.

Until there's a deadline there's no reason to rush the vote. You're posting has been white noise at best and more awkward then mine and I'm bad D1. Then you just jump onto a vote with someone else and nudge people to vote to finish the day, all the while looking to the lurkers. That's p fukken scummy to me.

##vote WalrusWhiskers, I'm confident in this one.

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

You've said this, and I don't disagree necessarily, but can you make a case on that there Walrus?

Dude make a super awkward post. I voted him. Dude acted like my vote didn't happen.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let me throw you a hypothetical:
Someone votes me with no explanation in a non-joke way.
I'm town.
What do I do?

I ask them why they voted me so I can discern their alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Dude didn't do that. Dude is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Let me throw you a hypothetical:
Someone votes me with no explanation in a non-joke way.
I'm town.
What do I do?

I ask them why they voted me so I can discern their alignment.

I disagree with this, I don't think this reasoning is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CCKeane posted:

I disagree with this, I don't think this reasoning is correct.

I have to agree, actually, that's kinda whack reasoning.

Mine still stands, tho

vote walrus

• Locked thread