Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Evinger lost to Pennington. That's how good Invicta 135 is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Evinger lost to Pennington. That's how good Invicta 135 is now.

It's hard to use Evinger as a measuring stick because you have to control for which fights she actually stopped drinking during training camp for.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Eat your hearts out, Houston and Kimbo.

(Credit to GrabakaHitman on twitter)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Was this a KO (Cardiac Arrest)?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Not sure. It's from EFC Africa, home of former UFC Heavyweight sensation Ruan "Fangzz" Potts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fedor's considering a comeback

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Fedor v Tito in the matchup nobody ever asked for

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Any outcome in that would be hilarious.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Chris James 2 posted:

Fedor's considering a comeback

what I don't understand about this is Bellator/Viacom might be able to give him what he wants but I can't believe UFC wouldn't pony up more cash at this point. There's no reason not to have Fedor in UFC's heavyweight division at least once. Maybe not Brock vs Fedor at Dallas stadium anymore but Cain vs Fedor or a rematch between Werdum vs Fedor would certainly make everyone a shitload of money. Fedor's already lost and is old at this point so it wouldn't matter if he loses again, nobody would care that much. Why not?

What the gently caress does Scott Coker have going for him? Is he just that much nicer than the Fertittas that he can sway stars like Carano and Fedor to fight for him over UFC?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Maybe he's a loving Russian weirdo who takes pride in not working for the big bad UFC or some nonsensical bullshit, I dunno. He's Fedor, he's not the smartest man in the world and he's certainly not surrounded by the smartest people in the world.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
What is this Fedor news based on? There's a rumor he's coming back every few months it seems.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Dana White is afraid of Fedor embarrassing his heavy weights. You'll never see him in UFC.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

Bubba Smith posted:

what I don't understand about this is Bellator/Viacom might be able to give him what he wants but I can't believe UFC wouldn't pony up more cash at this point. There's no reason not to have Fedor in UFC's heavyweight division at least once. Maybe not Brock vs Fedor at Dallas stadium anymore but Cain vs Fedor or a rematch between Werdum vs Fedor would certainly make everyone a shitload of money. Fedor's already lost and is old at this point so it wouldn't matter if he loses again, nobody would care that much. Why not?

What the gently caress does Scott Coker have going for him? Is he just that much nicer than the Fertittas that he can sway stars like Carano and Fedor to fight for him over UFC?

Coker pays him so much more than he's worth that he brings down entire organizations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Roman Herbom posted:

Coker pays him so much more than he's worth that he brings down entire organizations.

the ufc signed 2015 crocop just to keep him out of bellator. he knows exactly what he's doing and he's gonna drive his price way up to fight like, kongo or ruan potts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

origami posted:

What is this Fedor news based on? There's a rumor he's coming back every few months it seems.

Meltzer talked to his agent

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

You'll never see him in UFC.

Agreed

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
JT will avenge his loss to Fedors brother

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

willie_dee posted:

JT will avenge his loss to Fedors brother

Not unless there's a Russian prison fight league

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

origami posted:

Not unless there's a Russian prison fight league

I meant by beating up his brother, Fedor

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Fedor sucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

after hearing Viacom is run by a lich lord, I wouldn't be surprised they'd be willing to do business with the Russian Mafia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Redstone

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

after hearing Viacom is run by a lich lord, I wouldn't be surprised they'd be willing to do business with the Russian Mafia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Redstone

Yeah, liches get +3 to negotiation with bogatyrs.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
you know how the best part of bellator is oddly enough the commentary?

well they're loving that up too

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/sean-grande-replaces-veteran-bellator-brodcaster-sean-wheelock

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Well thankfully they kept Jimmy Smith cause he's the best color guy in the business and if they lost him that would be the dumb move, but I'm not sure why they got rid of Wheelock. Unless it was Sean Wheelock who wanted out after being asked to work the upcoming King Mo vs Phil Davis fight, which I understand.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Well thankfully they kept Jimmy Smith cause he's the best color guy in the business and if they lost him that would be the dumb move, but I'm not sure why they got rid of Wheelock. Unless it was Sean Wheelock who wanted out after being asked to work the upcoming King Mo vs Phil Davis fight, which I understand.

quote:

Former Bellator play by play announcer Sean Wheelock is staying in combat sports as he has been named as a Commissioner of the Kansas Athletic Commission.

The appointment of Wheelock as a Commissioner of Kansas Athletic Commission came on July 1 by Kansas Governor Sam Brownback.

“Sean is now a member of the Kansas Athletic Commission and we are excited about his appointment by Governor Sam Brownback and what it can bring to the State of Kansas,” said Boxing Commissioner Adam Roorbach in a statement to The MMA Report. “Sean was appointed on July 1st after a lengthy process of being considered for the commission. I personally welcome Sean to the commission and look forward to working with him in the future.”

Guess that answers that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That's interesting. I spoke to Sean Wheelock years and years ago in his capacity as a football (soccer) guy, and even though he clearly loved MMA it seemed like football was his big thing.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That's interesting. I spoke to Sean Wheelock years and years ago in his capacity as a football (soccer) guy, and even though he clearly loved MMA it seemed like football was his big thing.

One of the judging courses I took had Wheellock in it and at the dinner afterwards a lot of the conversation revolved around the Kansas city comission (this was shortly before the commissioner at the time stepped down and the scuttlebutt was that there was some kind of possibly-improper relationship involving Sharon Knapp) so apparently he's been involved in the scene there for a while.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

isn't Kansas's commission kinda dodgy? Seems like any fight Texas won't touch they'll license.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

coconono posted:

isn't Kansas's commission kinda dodgy? Seems like any fight Texas won't touch they'll license.

They've only had a commission since 2004 so a lot of it is the inexperience and nepotism that comes with a new-ish agency, I'm sure.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Kansas City has/had its own commission? Is that common for larger municipalities?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Karim Zidan(writer for BloodyElbow) tweeted out this about the Fedor rumours

quote:

@ZidanSports: Hearing rumblings from Russia that Fedor is truly coming back. Nothing official yet. Stay tuned.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How quickly will Viacom realize its made a terrible decision when they approve the Fedor deal?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kimbo Fedor
Shamrock Fedor
Tito Fedor
King Mo Fedor

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

quote:

“It’s extremely important for any athlete to do what you love, to work out on training sessions, to prove yourself on the competitions, representing your Motherland," - told Fedor in his statement to the Union MMA of Russia, - "For the time that I’ve been working for the Ministry of Sport I managed to give my contribution into development of martial arts, I cooperated with the sports federations, learnt the problems of our sport and tried to solve them as good as I could. Now I feel that it’s a high time to get back in action”.

“I managed to recover and heal the old injuries. For the last 3 years I was maintaining my physical shape, but that’s still not enough to compete at proper level. Therefore I started to do more intensive trainings recently. We got a team of versatile professionals and athletes, who will help me to prepare myself well enough. I will also try to help other fighters to grow as professionals. I have to do a great job to prepare myself to return in fighting. Now we are in the middle of negotiations between the promotion companies. Once agreements are reached, there will be information on the date of the fight and my opponent”.

I still wanted to see him fight in UFC at least once but I'm guessing Fedor vs Kimbo is A Go.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bubba Smith posted:

I still wanted to see him fight in UFC at least once but I'm guessing Fedor vs Kimbo is A Go.

Rocky 4 re-enacted by a down syndrome community theater

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

although now that I think about it there is no way on earth M-1 Global and Reebok would be able to reach any sort of agreement so lol. Yeah he's going to Bellator no doubt.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
:ortiz:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i can't wait to see him fight uhhhhhhhh, ummmmmmmmm

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fedor vs the big homie Emmanuel Newton. I need to see the Cold War of weird rear end religious dudes.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i can't wait to see him fight uhhhhhhhh, ummmmmmmmm

Fedor/Kongo is going to have the Stormfront mma forums buzzing, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

it stinks because I'd get hyped for Fedor vs Overeem, Fedor vs JDS, Fedor vs Velasquez, Fedor vs Werdum 2, Fedor vs Cro Cop 2, and others. But nope.