Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Stupid question. I'm a dumb baby who's bad at looking, is there a Nuclear Throne thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Neopie posted:

Stupid question. I'm a dumb baby who's bad at looking, is there a Nuclear Throne thread?

There is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689465&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Anyone interested in going in on an Improved tier 3-pack for Cogmind with me?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Hactar posted:

Oh, go on then.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Holy poo poo, where did this day go? Cogmind is great so far. Thanks Turtlicious for the gift copy, I'll be posting large-ish trip report as soon as I die (my first character is still alive by some miracle, just entered -7).

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013

Hactar posted:

when you say going in, do you mean, pooling in cash for the pack or getting a key for the pack? Because if it's the latter, I'm in.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i really need to stop opening the drat golden chests in tome. its like russian roulette but theyre so shiny...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

LotsBread posted:

when you say going in, do you mean, pooling in cash for the pack or getting a key for the pack? Because if it's the latter, I'm in.
I assume pooling cash, like the previous packs.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i really need to stop opening the drat golden chests in tome. its like russian roulette but theyre so shiny...

I know what you mean. They never even have anything good in them, but you just can't stop.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I know what you mean. They never even have anything good in them, but you just can't stop.

They're great if you run the Everything is Unique addon. You can set it so that rare monsters don't spawn any more commonly, but they drop better loot, and the golden chests usually spawn one or two rares. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is that everything gives a ton more experience, to the point that I'm level 60 or 70 by the time I hit Dreadfell. Like, if they dropped more cool loot, but you didn't level ridiculously fast, and the loot was appropriately leveled, it'd be just about perfect.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Got one more copy of Cogmind from a 3-pack available, just need the $20 share through Paypal :)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Cogmind is crazy fun, wow.

Is the best approach for hacking to just never do it until you have a hacking suite and a good reason to hack? I don't fully understand threat levels and traces in that even after reading the manual, I can only assume trace equals bad, and that I may critically fail on accessing a terminal which immediately screws me. Also I'm pretty sure I've had robots rush to find me after I failed hacks but without traces, though it could be bad luck/their own sensor arrays.

I love the fact that your build is very much in flux until you really understand what you're doing. I've made it through 5 evolutions on my best run and was rocking 3x VTOLs with a chainsword and gauss cannons for like, two floors with a branch or two, but eventually I faced off against too many cannon-wielding Slayers and Soldiers before I pushed myself into a corner. Really helped that on floor 1 or 2 I found a sensor array with two flight modules.

The game really captures the "escaped prisoner with no idea where to go" vibe, in a really fun way since you're constantly refitting yourself with the parts the fallen :black101:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Hactar posted:

Got one more copy of Cogmind from a 3-pack available, just need the $20 share through Paypal :)

I'd get in on this; just PM me your email so I can pay you.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Kyzrati, how should I send feedback about the alpha? I've got about a page of boring but potentially useful newbie UI/tutorial feedback that I'd rather not poo poo up the thread with.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08

pumpinglemma posted:

Kyzrati, how should I send feedback about the alpha? I've got about a page of boring but potentially useful newbie UI/tutorial feedback that I'd rather not poo poo up the thread with.

You could probably dump it on the cogmind forum? I think they have a subforum for suggestions.

Kyzrati
Jun 27, 2015

MAIN.C

pumpinglemma posted:

The forums are the preferred place--the Ideas board naturally being one of the most popular over there...

Note that a number of important changes have already been planned for near-term versions and/or already implemented for Alpha 2 (coming soon!), many of which have been discussed over there. Examples being warning before ramming collisions, click anywhere to close a modal window, dozens of new fonts, stat comparisons between items, map labels stay open as long as you want, ESC working in more instances to exit modes, improved running, repair even attached parts, and more.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kyzrati posted:

The forums are the preferred place--the Ideas board naturally being one of the most popular over there...

Note that a number of important changes have already been planned for near-term versions and/or already implemented for Alpha 2 (coming soon!), many of which have been discussed over there. Examples being warning before ramming collisions, click anywhere to close a modal window, dozens of new fonts, stat comparisons between items, map labels stay open as long as you want, ESC working in more instances to exit modes, improved running, repair even attached parts, and more.

did you ever know that you're my herooooooooooooooo

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
[SteamQud July 13, 2015]
*New tiles
*Updated descriptions
*Fixed cybernetics terminal crashes
*Added laptop defaults file

This is probably the release build for Wednesday, unless we find a showstopper, since I have a bunch of onerous web updating to do tomorrow night.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is Qud going to launch at midnight (somewhere) on Wednesday, or at some other arcane Steam time?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I would assume it would be the standard 10am Pacific Time Zone that 95% of steam stuff launches when the store refreshes.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

packetmantis posted:

Is Qud going to launch at midnight (somewhere) on Wednesday, or at some other arcane Steam time?

I dunno, honestly we only submitted it for review this weekend and valve has to approve it. (Hopefully doing so before or during the 15th sometime.)

I think you can only self-launch during Valve work hours, so probably first thing in the morning PST, assuming the review is done.

Kyzrati
Jun 27, 2015

MAIN.C

StarkRavingMad posted:

did you ever know that you're my herooooooooooooooo
You and everyone else who's been bugging me since launch. I really should've stuck those in there before the first release, but they kept getting put off...

In other news, Qud's trailer is wonderfully Quddish. Looking forward to the reception tomorrow :allears:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok, Qud is Valve approved and ready to go for tomorrow!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Unormal posted:

Do it.

PUSH THE BUTTON. THE SHINY, CANDYLIKE BUTTON.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

good i will finally be able to set it as a featured game on my profile and give you some free advertising

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Unormal posted:

JK,I'm loving hyped.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Are you guys planning to put up a Qud release thread in games tomorrow? Might not be a bad idea.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

RickVoid posted:

Are you guys planning to put up a Qud release thread in games tomorrow? Might not be a bad idea.

I'm not personally planning on doing such a thing, no. If one of you guys wants to do a Qud thread, go for it.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Unormal posted:

I'm not personally planning on doing such a thing, no. If one of you guys wants to do a Qud thread, go for it.

It's the fifteenth in like africa or mars or some poo poo. I'm tired of hearing about your dick. Show it to me. It's time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at this point you would need to proceed directly into sucking off gabe since unormal cant force valve to update the store any faster

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Awesome! posted:

at this point you would need to proceed directly into sucking off gabe since unormal cant force valve to update the store any faster

Ugh, again? I mean he's girthy, but not traditionally pretty.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Congrats, unormal. This is a big deal!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

bisonbison posted:

Congrats, unormal. This is a big deal!

Thanks! I feel like I'm about to wake up going "Oh man I had this crazy dream where I was bald and released this awesome post-apocalyptic roguelike on Steam!" and then have to eat a lovely microwave breakfast pizza and go wait for the school bus to take me to high school.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This is great! Countdown to Qudtown!

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Wanna play that game.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like Sil might be done for. We're like what, six months past the expected 1.3 release with no news on when or if it's still coming?

Kyzrati
Jun 27, 2015

MAIN.C
Never say never... look at ADOM! :classiclol:

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel like Sil might be done for. We're like what, six months past the expected 1.3 release with no news on when or if it's still coming?

Given that the community has already released custom versions of it (mpa-sil), I would hope that that means there is enough momentum and popularity to carry it forward even if the original devs are done. It is open source, after all. It's just too loving good for people to not want to keep working on it, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Defs a long shot here, but would I be able to transfer my current Qud save to shiny Steam Qud? Enjoying the best run I've ever had (over 10k turns, whaaat) and I'd be happy to continue it in tilestown.