Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think 56 nights is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Codeine crayyyzee

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just asked my xan hook to give me a future. 56 bars straight, jack

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

56 is a top 5 aoty

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
bad day to be a weed carrier. rip hussein fatal and capo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Audio Push's tape is so good. Even better after coming back to it after a few months.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

Audio Push's tape is so good. Even better after coming back to it after a few months.
I listen to it almost every day, it makes me happy. :)

Even the skits are chill and non-intrusive.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kenshin posted:

I listen to it almost every day, it makes me happy. :)

Even the skits are chill and non-intrusive.

Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4RsXmDp_yI

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it's a good mixtape but the skit that cuts off the end of reppin always bothers me

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Shame to hear about Capo. I never cared for his music but it's always messed up to hear about the death of someone the same age as me.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
RIP Hussein Fatal, here's one of my favorite Pac/Outlawz tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qthFasUcnBk

"You see what I got to make you freeze
To touch me you need ten of these"

:rip:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dangerous Person posted:

Shame to hear about Capo. I never cared for his music but it's always messed up to hear about the death of someone the same age as me.

Wait about ten years. You're still a child. It's a lot different of a perspective when someone that age dies now than it used to be.

poo poo needs to stop. Shmurda, everything in Chiraq. There isn't any music that's worth a bunch of kids getting shot up all the time.

There really isn't anything worth all of the violence going on. It's retarded and I wish something as simple as boycotting the music would work, because I'll give up some head bobs to save a bunch of kids.

It's senseless, stupid, and unnecessary for that lifestyle to exist.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

A loving one year old in a stroller was run over and killed 20 minutes later by the guys who shot up Capo.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

what the gently caress

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Jesus that's hosed.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
they uploaded him in his death throes in a pool of his own blood onto twitter. its real bad.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

ol yeller posted:

they uploaded him in his death throes in a pool of his own blood onto twitter. its real bad.

Jesus Christ don't go find this

Just don't

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't follow your advice and it was very much not worth it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://soundcloud.com/despotroast/house-of-bricks

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i saw him perform this live 3 years ago lol. seeing an official despot release is incredibly surreal. 2015 is an insane year for rap music

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Despot is like Jay Electronica in that I consistently love his stuff but I've given up on getting an album from him years ago

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I'm pretty ignorant about the whole situation, but how much of this violence is actually related to the music? I'd imagine most of it is just gang violence that would be happening regardless. Are some of these kids actually killing each other over who is a better rapper, or is it just another match thrown in an already blazing fire?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Cole posted:

Wait about ten years. You're still a child. It's a lot different of a perspective when someone that age dies now than it used to be.

poo poo needs to stop. Shmurda, everything in Chiraq. There isn't any music that's worth a bunch of kids getting shot up all the time.

There really isn't anything worth all of the violence going on. It's retarded and I wish something as simple as boycotting the music would work, because I'll give up some head bobs to save a bunch of kids.

It's senseless, stupid, and unnecessary for that lifestyle to exist.

Change this guys name to J. Cole

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Edit is not double post

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 12, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

sleppy posted:

I'm pretty ignorant about the whole situation, but how much of this violence is actually related to the music? I'd imagine most of it is just gang violence that would be happening regardless. Are some of these kids actually killing each other over who is a better rapper, or is it just another match thrown in an already blazing fire?

It would happen without the music regardless, it's more of the circumstances that creates the music, not the other way around.

ol yeller posted:

bad day to be a weed carrier. rip hussein fatal and capo

Such horrible news, dude is from my town and was always cool as poo poo and was always in ciphers or battling somebody, even after all the Tupac stuff.

RIP Fatal

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Poverty + resentment + gangs + escape from (some) poverty = eruptions of violence born from jealousy and perceived (or real, but let's admit, trivial) slights

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMU_84BLLM

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
El Chapo probably would execute and cut Future into a million pieces. #delusionalrappers

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

sleppy posted:

It'd happen without the music, but there's no denying that some of the music coming out of these places aren't helping 'em out. I mean when you're on a track/video dissing Black Disciples and claiming BDK to the masses, something is bound to happen. It ain't really over "who is a better rapper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHiGNgBu0U

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It goes back to the destruction of the housing projects like carbrini green and how the city didn't take into account the different gang affiliations when providing housing in the southside. So you've got BDs right next to GDs and poo poo. Someone else can probably explain it better but I think that's the gist of it. Also no trauma center on the southside leads to a lot of people not getting treated fast enough.

Add in the vicious cycle of they got ours let's get theirs. Rinse and repeat. The beef and violence is there before the music. Good for Keef for getting out and staying in Cali.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Man killing's some whack poo poo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

It goes back to the destruction of the housing projects like carbrini green and how the city didn't take into account the different gang affiliations when providing housing in the southside. So you've got BDs right next to GDs and poo poo. Someone else can probably explain it better but I think that's the gist of it. Also no trauma center on the southside leads to a lot of people not getting treated fast enough.

Add in the vicious cycle of they got ours let's get theirs. Rinse and repeat. The beef and violence is there before the music. Good for Keef for getting out and staying in Cali.

Keef's actually doing a benefit show for the family of the baby that died, apparently.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I AM BRAWW posted:

It'd happen without the music, but there's no denying that some of the music coming out of these places aren't helping 'em out. I mean when you're on a track/video dissing Black Disciples and claiming BDK to the masses, something is bound to happen. It ain't really over "who is a better rapper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHiGNgBu0U

Just to add on to this a lot of the dudes are essentially using rap (and social media) to antagonize other folks. I mean Young Pappy had like 3 attempts on his life before he got killed, and after the first two released songs mocking the dudes gunning for him.

Also for better or worse you have to remember that the only reason people are really hearing much about what's happening in Chicago is that music is involved with a lot of what going on. Like Detroit's been having lots of dudes shot this summer last 40 years but those killings rarely make the news because there's no hook. I'm sure you could say the same for a lot of other places too.

edit-and I said it before after Pappy got shot, but good on Keef for getting his money and bouncing.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 13, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Budget Prefuse posted:

i saw him perform this live 3 years ago lol. seeing an official despot release is incredibly surreal. 2015 is an insane year for rap music

Holy poo poo, yeah, wow, I saw him do this opening for Run the Jewels last year and didn't even realize it hadn't been released yet. Final version sounds excellent.

e: produced by one of the dudes from Ratatat too, drat

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w25EyFokS4

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Le Chapo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYr8RNxD-K4

I know foreign rap is w/e but this guy does have a dope track with Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN09y8oiTrA

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
future does the best hooks in the business atm. that track is good.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
noz said it recently but its really good that futures popular and creative peaks are happening at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

GET MONEY posted:

I know foreign rap is w/e but this guy does have a dope track with Future

French Rap is the exception to the rule. Knowing like half of what they say probably helps but whatever.