Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

M.C. McMic posted:

I like the pubbie that got all pissed that you "came after him for an easy kill" and called you a coward. What are you supposed to do exactly? Ignore enemy tanks that are almost dead and leave another gun in the game because what... it's "nice" or something? Doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. :confused:

Idk, some pubbies feel like they are special when you focus them. I just wanted him dead because he scratched my paint when I was killing the Jagtiger.

Edit: T28 is quite an under-rated tank. If it manages to get close to the front line it just shits out a crazy amount of damage.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

KV-220 in a nutshell

this is what it must feel like to have a type.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Desuwa posted:

Panther 8.8 is basically identical to the Panther II. If it's realistic for you getting the T-55A is going to be better and free.

I have heard mostly good things about the T-54 mod 1 but don't have one myself. Of the two I would buy the T-54 mod 1, but I have bought neither.

I can't be assed to go through all of the SPG missions to get get the T-55A. For the other classes there are the ones I can realistically try for then there are the ones I've classified as completely random if I can get them. I'll ponder the mod 1 some more.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Desuwa posted:

At this point I have played all t9 mediums except the PTA on the live server. The AMX 30 is very good but it can't brawl in a pinch or bully lower tiers like the E-50 can.

It's up there with the Cent 7 and the E-50, though. But I give the edge to the E-50 for some good reasons, mainly its flexibility.

e: The cent 7 is more personal but it just clicks so well with me. Not that it's bad in absolute terms.

I think t9 mediums are my most played class/tier combo and I keep the majority of them.

There are so many good tier9 mediums the Cent never feels as if I am putting out a lot of damage, The WZ120 seems to work better for me than the T54 with the alpha of the top gun and the ability to bully tanks ( a four skill crew helps a lot, where as the t54s crews were always retrained to T62, object 140, and Object 430 ).

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Super 3 posted:

I can't be assed to go through all of the SPG missions to get get the T-55A. For the other classes there are the ones I can realistically try for then there are the ones I've classified as completely random if I can get them. I'll ponder the mod 1 some more.

You don't need to do SPG missions as long as you do the last mission in every other class with honors.

The StuG IV and T28 HTC missions are relatively easy if you have a T10 med/heavy/TD, a decent T8 light and some good T5/T6 tanks for doing some of the kill missions. For the T-55A though you start needing really good tanks that are really well suited to the mission - some particularly important ones are a good T6 medium for the fire missions and some of the kill ones, VK 4502B or some other German brick for the bounce missions and the KV-2 for the annoying "damage five internal modules" one).

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 13, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I just got a form letter from ESPRT inviting me into the clan. These people have no idea who I am or how big an rear end in a top hat I am.

Come on guys do some research.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Pbkac declined my application. I've reached the lower bowels of being bad.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

No good players allowed in my internet tanks cat clan, thanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I just got a form letter from ESPRT inviting me into the clan. These people have no idea who I am or how big an rear end in a top hat I am.

Come on guys do some research.

JohnGalt posted:

RIP

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
My pubbies folded in two minutes, so I decided to embark on a guerilla campaign fuelled by terror and 152mm HE.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2016995#pearl_river-rossmum-t49

I wish I'd been given another few seconds. That E5 would've been hosed.

e: Good loving lord.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 13, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The slaughter is real.

Also gently caress you, making me want to finish getting the T49 :colbert:. I don't got time for that.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Do it, man. Some idiot Tiger II figured a Leo PTA was a bigger threat than me, showed me side turret, and I slammed him for 1,001HP for it.

and then the next match i accidentally blew my own poo poo up when a t-54 rammed me and i shot him without thinking

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

JohnGalt posted:

Weren't you og pubkat?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

The slaughter is real.

Also gently caress you, making me want to finish getting the T49 :colbert:. I don't got time for that.

The M41 is an extremely easy grind, helps you finish missions, and pads you WN8 and winrate like crazy. Also it is cheap to run because of default APCR and no gold ammo worth using.

Also PBKAC probably thinks JohnGalt is just me on his account. They're right to worry.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

JohnGalt posted:

Welcome, friend. It's nice down here where the session WN8 is merely above average

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Driveby a Bat for 500 damage, set it on fire, track the Bat next to it for 150 damage with splash from the same shell, run away cackling as neither can hit you

#justt49things

Our E 50 said he would "tk ban next camper noob light" because I was hanging back a bit under the bridge on Westfield derpsniping a Type 61 our AMX 13 was lighting for me. Turns out I did double the next highest damage and he was down in the bottom 5. Welp.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JohnGalt posted:

Gyarados hates goons and it's only a matter of time until he gets around to finishing his pogrom.

Meanwhile if you audit PBKAC's semi-recent acceptances in the past few months you'll see a lot of :psyduck: -level acceptances.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 13, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

The M41 is an extremely easy grind, helps you finish missions, and pads you WN8 and winrate like crazy. Also it is cheap to run because of default APCR and no gold ammo worth using.

I do love my Bulldog. I should rebuy my Chaffee so I can just have the whole line in my garage. I am running out of American crews to throw in there. I think I am going to throw my Fury crew in the Bulldog when I do the transfer to the T49.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
My WN8 is like 2348. Is that good or bad for a pubbie?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

WN8 is worthless metric so decide it for yourself mate.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

WN8 is worthless metric so decide it for yourself mate.
Really? What's the new standard? I thought people were still chasing the WN8 rainbow.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

That is 2 points below unicum. So you are doing very well.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

That is 2 points below unicum. So you are doing very well.
I'm not sure how the scaling really works with it anymore because the poo poo is always changing. I usually sit around in a dark blue kind of area but I'm don't really know what people consider good or bad when it comes to these things anymore unless you're just flat-out purple or red. I play 95% solo-pub with some dabbling in platoons and Strongholds if that means anything besides me being a casual scrub.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Really? What's the new standard? I thought people were still chasing the WN8 rainbow.

Yeah but I put zero weight behind WN8. I swapped back to WN6 - if people are farming kills, who gives a poo poo as long as they're winning games, since at least that's more reliable than seeing some dude with a 2k WN8 and 57% winrate who played only tanks that give favorable WN8 scores for mediocre performances yet just cannot perform in other tanks.

Just win games please thanks.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

Yeah but I put zero weight behind WN8. I swapped back to WN6 - if people are farming kills, who gives a poo poo as long as they're winning games, since at least that's more reliable than seeing some dude with a 2k WN8 and 57% winrate who played only tanks that give favorable WN8 scores for mediocre performances yet just cannot perform in other tanks.

Just win games please thanks.
If I'm ever looking at a potential clan recruit I usually just look at K/D and Damage ratios as well as Winrate. Also what tanks they're drive because I've seen a lot of players with high numbers in all of those categories that have 8K battles in a Tier II.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

I'm not sure how the scaling really works with it anymore because the poo poo is always changing. I usually sit around in a dark blue kind of area but I'm don't really know what people consider good or bad when it comes to these things anymore unless you're just flat-out purple or red. I play 95% solo-pub with some dabbling in platoons and Strongholds if that means anything besides me being a casual scrub.

If you got those stats solo pubbing you are doing something very right. I was in a similar position a few years ago, was a solo-pub super star; got into a great clan and became a unicum. Getting in a great clan will push you over to unicum no problem.

Edit: Then you gain the right to be a stuck up shithead like the rest of us. Feels good sitting on a purple throne, it was built with the tears of the tomatoes.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

If you got those stats solo pubbing you are doing something very right. I was in a similar position a few years ago, was a solo-pub super star; got into a great clan and became a unicum. Getting in a great clan will push you over to unicum no problem.
Eh, I play a lot of mid-tier tanks though (IV-VII). Out of of my 21,973 battles, I've got 5,998 battles in my M3 Lee with a 60% WR so there's that. Not sure if that would inflate my WN8 or not but I do enjoy running it even in Tier VI matches. My best high-toer tank is my M48A1 Patton and it has 654 battles with a 53% WR. :shrug:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

2k WN8 and 57% winrate

I have a 2050 WN8 but only a 55% WR :(

I've also been platooning with two brand new players and have been tanking my WR over the past few months.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 13, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

If I'm ever looking at a potential clan recruit I usually just look at K/D and Damage ratios as well as Winrate. Also what tanks they're drive because I've seen a lot of players with high numbers in all of those categories that have 8K battles in a Tier II.

Funny story - when people accuse me of being a stat padder because I played a lot of Hellcat, T49/T67, T18 and Ltraktor, I know they're just full of poo poo. My WN8 in them is horrendous - it's sabotaging my overall stats because having 800 games in a tank hundreds of WN8 below overall WN8 is kind of difficult. My stats actually come from playing a bunch of tier 8s and 7s, and COINCIDENTALLY ENOUGH the T-54 is a stat padding tank. 400 games in it, 3200 WN8, in one of the agreed upon best tier 9s? Okay I wonder why a bunch of stat padders would designate one of the known stat padder tanks as a tank with favorable expected values?

Fortunately every time they change the WN8 numbers/formula my stats go up because again, it's a terrible metric made by terrible people. Just ignore WN8 of other people, it really is worthless.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Funny story - when people accuse me of being a stat padder because I played a lot of Hellcat, T49/T67, T18 and Ltraktor, I know they're just full of poo poo. My WN8 in them is horrendous - it's sabotaging my overall stats because having 800 games in a tank hundreds of WN8 below overall WN8 is kind of difficult. My stats actually come from playing a bunch of tier 8s and 7s, and COINCIDENTALLY ENOUGH the T-54 is a stat padding tank. 400 games in it, 3200 WN8, in one of the agreed upon best tier 9s? Okay I wonder why a bunch of stat padders would designate one of the known stat padder tanks as a tank with favorable expected values?

Fortunately every time they change the WN8 numbers/formula my stats go up because again, it's a terrible metric made by terrible people. Just ignore WN8 of other people, it really is worthless.

If you have better stats than them, you are a reroll stat padder warpack using piece of no life poo poo.

Don't you know?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

If you have better stats than them, you are a reroll stat padder warpack using piece of no life poo poo.

Don't you know?

But I have an older account than them, more battles than them, and play the exact same tier 7-9 tanks as them far better than them?

Warpack.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

I thought WN8 did some kind of weird formula that calculated WN8 based upon a tank and it's expected performance or some weird poo poo like that and if you did better than the general populace, your WN8 went up? I don't know. I'm only half Asian so I still kind of suck at math.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

Weren't you og pubkat?

For like 2 years. But I only called battles and ran things when ziddy was gone.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

But I have an older account than them, more battles than them, and play the exact same tier 7-9 tanks as them far better than them?

Warpack.

Doesn't matter, rerollwarpackcheatingbuttmunchobamalovingstatpaddingunicuntfuckhead.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

RanKizama posted:

I thought WN8 did some kind of weird formula that calculated WN8 based upon a tank and it's expected performance or some weird poo poo like that and if you did better than the general populace, your WN8 went up? I don't know. I'm only half Asian so I still kind of suck at math.

That is exactly how it works. The general populace is bad.

There is some definitional questions on the "Do better" part.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

JohnGalt posted:

For like 2 years. But I only called battles and ran things when ziddy was gone.

Don't worry, reddit clans suck anyway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Finally got a chance to post a screenshot of this recruitment message. That has to be the most po-faced, earnest thing I've even seen in a video game.

RanKizama posted:

The problem is that WN8 favors certain tanks, and it just so coincidentally happens that it favors tanks that good players enjoy playing and can carry in. Coincidentally.

http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/rankizama/

Have fun.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Wn8 is based upon how others do in that one tank respectivly. So as long as its a popular tank, all players(most are bad) will be drawn to play it, doesnt matter if the tank is good or bad.
Tiger I is a Perfect exsample. Its a overbuffed deathstar of a tank now, and it still has very low average wn8 performance. do you own HP back in damage and your a statspadder god.
The t-54 is another exsample, its a tank from the beginning, thats allways been a favorite to play, but With only 200pen bad players will have a very hard time playing it. on the other hand, good players will do awsome in it, because its a very very good tank to play, a high skill/ high reward tank.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

The problem is that WN8 favors certain tanks, and it just so coincidentally happens that it favors tanks that good players enjoy playing and can carry in. Coincidentally.

http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/rankizama/

Have fun.

how does it favor certain tanks? sounds like bullshit to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Finally got a chance to post a screenshot of this recruitment message. That has to be the most po-faced, earnest thing I've even seen in a video game.

Clans I've been in recruited something like this:

SDP: Chair - You need to teach them how to not suck.
NDP: Casca - You don't suck, come join us.
CRABS: IforgetwhoinvitedmebuthonestlywhothefuckcaresLOLcrabs - You are pretty good, come join :siren:BEST loving CLAN NA:siren:
PBKAC: Ziddy - Sorry noblewhale took your spot. Wait 5 months and try again.
OTTER: Gabe - Prime says you are a cool guy who is super cool. Come on in!

I guess I got lucky that the recruiters were not up their own asses. That kind of gas can get to ones head.

Edit: That clan is pretty cool though. They give us a run for our money sometimes.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 13, 2015