Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Catastrophe is loving amazingly funny. Get on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

House MD has me again. Although I limit myself from one to three because after that it becomes eh for me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
But...but...

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Started watching Vikings. I'm 5 episodes in and it's pretty good so far. Does it get better? Worse? Worth sticking with?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Michaellaneous posted:

House MD has me again. Although I limit myself from one to three because after that it becomes eh for me.

The last season's actually really good, even if the finale is kind of silly.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Scrapez posted:

Started watching Vikings. I'm 5 episodes in and it's pretty good so far. Does it get better? Worse? Worth sticking with?

Vikings is great, definitely worth sticking with if you're already enjoying it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've been binging Teen Titans Go! and holy mother of god this is probably one of the best kids' shows ever. Not really having nostalgia for the old show is probably helping, but this poo poo is just absolutely wonderful and I cannot get enough of it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

But...but...

Ehhhh...I don't know. I could try it again but I just couldn't enjoy it.

computer parts posted:

The last season's actually really good, even if the finale is kind of silly.

I can remember the finale but not the buildup to it anymore. It seemed rather sily at the time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
on recommendation from goons i started watching Strike Back. First season was pretty bad and then I got whiplash from season 2 as it was an entirely new show with a new cast :psyduck:

Still, season 2 seems pretty good. I'd say just skip season 1 if you're thinking of watching this show

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Zzulu posted:

on recommendation from goons i started watching Strike Back. First season was pretty bad and then I got whiplash from season 2 as it was an entirely new show with a new cast :psyduck:

Still, season 2 seems pretty good. I'd say just skip season 1 if you're thinking of watching this show

Cool, the opposite of True Detective :D

PS. Reminder: The pilot and a new episode of The Man in the High Castle is supposed to be streaming today

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Zzulu posted:

Welcome to the club. Buddy.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
I just finished binging through The Flash and Daredevil and thoroughly enjoyed both of them, is Agents of SHIELD worth watching? The first episode was a bit lackluster...

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

I love House but aside from the season openers/finales it follows a pretty obvious boilerplate. The season finales are loving brilliant though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

NoDamage posted:

I just finished binging through The Flash and Daredevil and thoroughly enjoyed both of them, is Agents of SHIELD worth watching? The first episode was a bit lackluster...

It gets better and better. First season isn't great but it builds into something watchable I think and I enjoyed S2

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
A Young Doctor's Notebook with Harry Potter and Don Draper was really loving good. I spent the last 2.5 hours watching the entire series. It's super short at 22 minute episodes, 4 per season, 2 seasons. Really clever way of illustrating regret and realizing you hated who you used to be.

Recommend it.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Zzulu posted:

It gets better and better. First season isn't great but it builds into something watchable I think and I enjoyed S2

Yeah the first half of Season 1 is kinda a monster of the week scenario, but then Winter Solider happened and really shakes the show up. Season 2 is a delight and I thought they did an excellent job of tying into Age of Ultron.

Also, they've gone all in on mutantsinhumans so I'm not sure what the hell they're going to do in the movies now.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm binging Falling Skies because I hate myself and I want to know what all the fuss is about. :shepicide:

Pray for scanty of my mind and immortal soul.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Yeah, I don't know how I made it through season 2 of Falling Skies. I oddly enjoyed the first.

Sadly, I am without anything to binge; reliant on the network schedule to drip-feed me my entertainment ever so slowly.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Falling Skies S1 was good, but I couldn't get through 2. Does it get better? Defiance got awesome, in comparison.

I'm binging re-through firefly and god drat if this show was on TV today it would be a mass hit... (and not cancelled)

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Someone else had that idea, and they put Killjoys on the air. Which, I am watching despite it being mediocre at best. I think the premise could support better plots, acting, AND budgets.

The lead chick is painful to watch try to pretend to be tough; though I suppose it's just as much the writers' fault for "this is how tough people probably act, I dunno" and "tough chicks! people love them!". The dude from the following's twin is, to use a phrase I usually dislike, beta as gently caress -- annoying as poo poo and nearly useless compared to the other two. The older brother basically doesn't have a character. Tough guy with a checkered, mysterious past and painfully generic male sex object.

It's not really quite eye-searingly bad though. I haven't put my finger on why.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 12, 2015

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I really like Killjoys, it has potential. it needs more character and direction. However, it's better than dark matter, even though DM has slowly been getting better (it's almost good now). But DM is basically just star gate v2

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Falling Skies S1 was good, but I couldn't get through 2. Does it get better?

Nope. It got worse each season.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just "finished" Scrubs. I am kind of waffling about S9 now. I didn't think the interns were all that annoying so I kind of want to watch S9 but the S8 finale was so proper that I can't make myself press play on S9E1.

Is there a term for the feeling you get when you finish watching a series on Netflix and realize it's done? :smith:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 12, 2015

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Martytoof posted:

Is there a term for the feeling you get when you finish watching a series on Netflix and realize it's done? :smith:

Despair

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Martytoof posted:

Rage.

:ssh: When the series isn't complete I.E. what Simpsons fans have been experiencing for 20 years.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Bill Dungsroman posted:

I love House but aside from the season openers/finales it follows a pretty obvious boilerplate. The season finales are loving brilliant though.

Oh yes you can flowchart House MD, but Hugh Laurie kinda manages to keep them entertaining all the way through

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Been watching The Killing on Netflix; it's pretty good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Martytoof posted:

Just "finished" Scrubs. I am kind of waffling about S9 now. I didn't think the interns were all that annoying so I kind of want to watch S9 but the S8 finale was so proper that I can't make myself press play on S9E1.

It's not worth ruining the great finale in S8.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Caught an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' on TV (it shows up in reruns). It was the 'How your Mother Met Me'.

Now I'm binging through the whole series. Send help.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Caught an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' on TV (it shows up in reruns). It was the 'How your Mother Met Me'.

Now I'm binging through the whole series. Send help.

All the supporting characters are more interesting then the main character and all the supporting actors are more talented then the main actor.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Klaus88 posted:

All the supporting characters are more interesting then the main character and all the supporting actors are more talented then the main actor.

And the last season drags on so badly because they decided to have 18 episodes to go through 3 days. They reach REALLY HARD for plotpoints and fail pretty hard. How I Met Your Father is the only good episode of the last season.

They should have ended it a season earlier.
Same with 30 Rock
Same with House

This is the fallacy of broadcast TV. This is why we will get really tired of Modern Family before they let it die. Right now it's still hilarious, but I'm getting worried that they try to milk another 5 seasons out of it and ruin Phil. :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

S7 of 30Rock was pretty great and the general quality of S6 and S7 is miles above the 2nd half of S4 and all of S5. :colbert:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It wasn't crap but still dragged on! :colbert:

e: it probably didn't go another 3 seasons because Tina Fey isn't an idiot and probably turned down the network for more money.

e2: probably

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Klaus88 posted:

But dammit they're all so likeable (yes, even Ted). I mean considering you've got Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan, Jason Segal and Neil Patrick Harris as the supporting cast, it's not surprising that Josh Radnor is the least talented of the bunch-I mean somebody has to be, doesn't make him a bad actor by any stretch. He gets the job done and the overall ensemble has enough charisma to keep me watching.

Oh god now I'm defending it.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Edit: Oops wrong thread sorry

isaboo fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 13, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shadow posted:

They should have ended it a season earlier.

Same with House

If House had ended with him crashing his car into Cuddy's house and then escape to a beach with no explanation then it would be a Dexter quality ending.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Yvonmukluk posted:

But dammit they're all so likeable (yes, even Ted). I mean considering you've got Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan, Jason Segal and Neil Patrick Harris as the supporting cast, it's not surprising that Josh Radnor is the least talented of the bunch-I mean somebody has to be, doesn't make him a bad actor by any stretch. He gets the job done and the overall ensemble has enough charisma to keep me watching.

Honestly, none of the actors are out and out bad, but they are given absolutely poo poo material 95% of the time after the first few seasons. I kept watching it for some reason (something I probably wouldn't do now that I'm not drinking till I'm comatose at the house anymore), and it just kept getting worse somehow.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

computer parts posted:

If House had ended with him crashing his car into Cuddy's house and then escape to a beach with no explanation then it would be a Dexter quality ending.

Oh my god, why did I read this thread? Now I'm reminded of Dexter :barf:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

One of us! One of us! :unsmigghh:

You'll find it impossible to stop watching because it is a loving evil/brilliant hook to keep the audience invested. When and how will Ted meet the mother? Even when it starts going downhill after the first few seasons you can't stop watching because you have to know how he met the mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Klaus88 posted:

One of us! One of us! :unsmigghh:

You'll find it impossible to stop watching because it is a loving evil/brilliant hook to keep the audience invested. When and how will Ted meet the mother? Even when it starts going downhill after the first few seasons you can't stop watching because you have to know how he met the mother.

Well I know she shows up in the last season since m first episode was the one about the Mother and it was delightful. Kind of looking forward to that, actually.