Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Votecount for Day 5

Somberbrero (5): Hal Incandenza, fiery_valkyrie, CapitalistPig, Opopanax, Asiina
Opopanax (1): CapitalistPig, Asiina, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Asiina

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm already kinda drinking so I'm just post the flip. Flavor will come after night is over. Sorry Somb.

Somberero (Judge Leigh Anne Norwood, the Jaded Disney Producer), Destruction-Aligned Vanilla Judge was kicked out D5!

Night actions :cheers:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*farts loudly into elbow*

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK

SNORT OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK?

OINKOINKOINKSNUFFLESNUFFLE

GRUNT OINKSNORT GRUNTGRUNT

SNURFGRUNTOINK

CapitalistPig (Sweet Pea, The Pig Enrolled in the Wrong Competition) Pageant-Aligned Truffle Doctor was turned into bacon N5!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 16th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just give up last scum, please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love that pig was telling the truth about his flavour

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can we kill the Opopop now?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I love that pig was telling the truth about his flavour

I know, pig I apologize for not believing in you

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

Can we kill the Opopop now?

No, lets Kill Asiina.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Asiina didn't vote for Ecco or Somber until their lynches were basically assured. She's only ever jumped on at the end for town cred, at no point has she been active in trying to get either one of them lynched.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I kind of think it's Asiina too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been wrong a lot, for sure, but I've also made an effort this game. Opop didn't vote for Ecco or Somber either and did absolutely nothing for 90% of this game including not voting, not putting a read down, never being around at deadline (including conveniently disappearing 10 minutes before). I have been wrong, but I have been scumhunting, Opop hasn't done anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why would I sacrifice somber to keep myself alive? It would have made way more sense to let him take me down for cred

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opop, who do you think is scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Opop, who do you think is scum?

I can't see it bei Hal so you or Asiina, and I'm definitely leaning asiina

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, looking back I like how FV has been driving content and she was on Ecco quite early. I'm not seeing her as scum either

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Did something super weird happen? Because something super weird happened to me but I'm not sure it actually had an effect on anything

Opop, you mentioned this on D2 after Pig said he got roleblocked. Can you elaborate.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YES opop PLEASE elaborate THANKS

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's rude to make fun of people Hal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had weird dreams the first two nights, but they didn't seem to actually do anything so I think they're just flavour

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm VT though so it might have been an attempted RB or something, it's not clear

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Opop, you mentioned this on D2 after Pig said he got roleblocked. Can you elaborate.

That just sounds like vague scum setup for something later.

I really don't know how this could be any clearer.

A history of Opop's participation!

D1:

His only content related post, just as we were moving out of jokephase.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, I'd vote MMM. It's way too early to complain about people being off topic

He never votes.

D2:

This vague statement

Opopanax posted:

Did something super weird happen? Because something super weird happened to me but I'm not sure it actually had an effect on anything

When asked outright he gives a no-content read on Somber, who he then never votes for

Opopanax posted:

Somber, actually.

This is pinging me

Then after the day ends and he hasn't voted at all or been around for deadline he comes in with this totally useless statement and again a very vague ping on Somber

Opopanax posted:

How on earth did anyone think narco was scum after that meltdown?

Opopanax posted:

I made an alignement call on somber and it's hardly my fault that I missed the deadline when you guys hammered early.

D3:

Despite it being his one read, when asked Opop, never mentions or votes for Somber.

Opopanax posted:

i don't think Hal is scum. If he were I think he'd be hypocritically riding me

Easy to make town calls as scum.

Opopanax posted:

I find ecco vaguely suspicious, but I don't want to lose the game because I'm not paying enough attention. I finally get some freetime after today and will dig in a bit harder this evening

The softest of buses which he backs away from when it's time to actually vote.

Opopanax posted:

I find ecco vaguely suspicious, but I don't want to lose the game because I'm not paying enough attention. I finally get some freetime after today and will dig in a bit harder this evening

Opopanax posted:

##vote hal I guess

D4:

Opopanax posted:

Yep ##vote ecco

Votes Ecco when it's inevitable.

Opopanax posted:

When I checked in there was 10 minutes left and Hal was the only one with votes on him

Does this bullshit which is complete nonsense.

Opopanax posted:

Yeah that's right.

I don't currently have a good second choice

Opopanax posted:

Feel ok about pig, still a bit of a gut bad feeling on somber

Again barely anything on Somber.

Opopanax posted:

I am comfortable with this vote though. It's not just the cop thing, I also really don't like Ecco's reaction and it's how I would react as caught scum

This is nonsense cause there was none of this the day before when he left the vote for Hal at deadline.

D5:

Opopanax posted:

Well there you go. Even if I'm only half here I'm still right all the time

:rolleyes:

Opopanax posted:

It ain't me ##vote somber

Finally hammers Somber, but considering the other votes were on him, had no choice on it.

Today:

Opopanax posted:

Why would I sacrifice somber to keep myself alive? It would have made way more sense to let him take me down for cred

You didn't "sacrifice" Somber. It was between the two of you and Pig's vote had blown it back toward's Somber. You had no say in how the votes went that day.

Opopanax posted:

I can't see it bei Hal so you or Asiina, and I'm definitely leaning asiina

Opopanax posted:

Ok, looking back I like how FV has been driving content and she was on Ecco quite early. I'm not seeing her as scum either

This is just convenient "oh I guess fv must be town for *reason* so yeah it's Asiina" when I'm the only other real candidate being considered. It stinks of just trying to find a unique reason to think it has to be me.

It's Opop, I'm sure of it.

##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I re-read Opop, Asiina, Ecco and Somber. I'm confident its Asiina.

##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I re-read Opop, Asiina, Ecco and Somber. I'm confident its Asiina.

##vote Asiina

Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lots of little things. Let me find some and quote them.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

From Somber:

Somberbrero posted:

I didn't realize deadline was tonight.

I'm don't think I see Narco as scum but I'm at a loss for what else to do. Maybe it's Opop? It could be Opop.

Somberbrero posted:

you haven't made a single vote this game, i think you're just floating through the game. your suspicion on me is the only post you've made that comes close to scumhunting.

##vote opopanax

Somberbrero posted:

##vote opop completely done with this.

Somberbrero posted:

so i'm still waiting around but I have a couple thoughts.

if ecco's town then i'm having a really hard time seeing how he didn't die yesterday. ecco i know that probably pisses you off but honestly it doesn't matter much because you'd say anything to stay alive in this situation whether town or scum, so i think you can spare the effort. the ad hom attacks today bummed me out because i don't think town make them very often.

hal still makes a lot of sense to me but i think i have to let that go in the face of how deadline played out.

fv makes a good point about opop. i'd been working off the idea of a hal/opop scumteam but now i'm considering an ecco/opop scumteam. fv has always been a blindspot for me but trusting her is one of the few things i feel solid about right now.

i guess i haven't played much since day one, sorry guys.

the last one in particular stands out because it doesn't mention Asiina at all.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

From Ecco:

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not voting for zzyzx because he disagrees with me about derp (which would be a "logic!" case), I'm voting him because his analysis of the thread is only tangentially related to what's actually happening. He now got caught and is playing dumb. Kumba made a good point about his cases against Asiina too - it reads like he only skimmed the thread and put an opinion down because he felt like he had to, and hoped to just coast by without people paying attention to him.

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing the case on Asiina at all, sorry.

##vote anon I will only be available sporadically today and will NOT be around for the deadline (the same roommate crisis from last time has extended over multiple days) (she's recently [essentially] single [it's complicated])

EccoRaven posted:

I think Opop is more likely to be scum than Asiina; both haven't done much but Asiina's contributed more and what's there doesn't stand out to me.

Kumba what do you think of Pig?

EccoRaven posted:

I still really think an Opop/Hal/Pig scumteam actually makes sense. This game feels very similar to games that are secretly scumless - a lot of flailing against active posters that amounts to nothing. The best equivalent would be where the scum are lurking to a victory.

Kumba if this is MYLO you're gonna lose the game and I want you to please consider my behavior, not just your result.

EccoRaven posted:

it's almost like hal, scum, is lurking with scumbuddy Opop :o

EccoRaven posted:

I still think Hal is a good choice. I definitely won't vote for you or CPig. So I suppose by process of elimination scum must be three of Opop/Hal//Asiina/Somber.

If I had to order it by probability I'd say Hal, then Opop, then Somber, then Asiina.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't see Somber as the kind of scum who would be that obvious about who his scumbuddies are. None of those Opop votes were anywhere near an actual deadline or when Opop had any other serious pressure on him. One of them he votes and in the very next post he talks about how someone else is more scummy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The first two of those Ecco posts were either buddying or because Ecco knew I was town so was discrediting others for when I flipped.

All of the others were during MYLO when Ecco was trying to get Hal lunched which would have ended the game, so the fact that she mentions Opop as someone to vote out after Hal is totally meaningless.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I've made up my mind.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Opop hasn't done a single thing all game long and has no excuse for it. He's done no scumhunting, made no votes until D3, and only voted for scum when it was a done deal.

Plus do you really think that Ecco, Somber, and myself would be so obvious as to always defend each other no matter what and just hope nobody notices? That'd be crazy stupid.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well then either we nolynch and get down to 3-man lylo or you've lost us the game if Hal votes with you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look at all that panicking ##vote asiina

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Asiina (2): fiery_valkyrie, Opopanax
Opopanax (1): Asiina

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 16th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hrm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Look at all that panicking ##vote asiina

I think the word you're looking for is "scumhunting"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok ##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yep, told you that poo poo was dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Asiina (3): fiery_valkyrie, Opopanax, Hal Incandenza
Opopanax (1): Asiina

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 16th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

• Locked thread