Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Town victory by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This came up in a game one time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

quote THIS post and I will tell you what thing in my living room most reminds me of you.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

This came up in a game one time.

Like five minutes ago yeah

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

8bux and I did that in a game once too.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Standard win cons:

Town: Eliminate all anti-town players
Scum: Have a majority of players remaining
SK: Be the last surviving player

Town wins if everyone gets obliterated.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Alex is very handsome

I'm HIm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

Standard win cons:

Town: Eliminate all anti-town players
Scum: Have a majority of players remaining
SK: Be the last surviving player

Town wins if everyone gets obliterated.

In a sense all of these are met by scum and sk killing each other as the last two players

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

SK hasn't survived. 0/0 isn't a majority.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If it were scum and SK alive on the last day, scum has won already. If it's 3 man EXLO, and the townie goes, then you get a town victory unless someone withholds their kill.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Calling everybody dead a town victory is just as troubling as calling it a scum or sk victory imo

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's beautiful really. Best way to win a 3 team stand off is to martyr yourself. Or No Execute and go "Well, sure kill me, but he's going to kill you and win." Then they both kill you for being smug.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flooding the town and killing everyone was the correct moral choice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 27, 2020

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I would think that has to be a stalemate/nobody wins. Maybe call it a "Moderator Victory"?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

technically the victory is "unassailable control of the vote," not just a bare majority. there are times where a majority is not enough because of town killing roles.

True. So a scum and an SK alive on the last day isn't a scum victory. So I was wrong.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

If I were making a game with scum and SK both I might also make their kills different priorities rather than simultaneous.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

I would think that has to be a stalemate/nobody wins. Maybe call it a "Moderator Victory"?

I called it an ambiguous tie that's open to interpretation.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sooooooome times, everyyyybody wins.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

If I were making a game with scum and SK both I might also make their kills different priorities rather than simultaneous.

Yeah in he future I'll make this scenario an auto sk victory

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Assign action priority beforehand.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Nihilist Victory

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

We actually talked about this in the scumdoc, in that I had a mistaken impression of what the OP's declaration of priority meant.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
SK priority I'd say harder to win as SK instead of mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I actually did, but uh, well, next time I'll do this better

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

We actually talked about this in the scumdoc, in that I had a mistaken impression of what the OP's declaration of priority meant.

To elaborate, I assigned an action priority but only with regards to a specific scenario and forgot to apply it in more general way. As a result it was sort of useless.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

quote THIS post and I will tell you what thing in my living room most reminds me of you.

Happy 14th you guys :france:

I wonder if the jets will fly over our place today, I don't think so.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
100yrs have you been to La Grand Crèmerie?

I went there my last night in Paris on a friend's recommendation, and the cheese was fantastic!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 27, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

busb posted:

100yrs have you been to La Grand Crèmerie?

I went there my last night in Paris on a friend's recommendation, and the cheese was fantastic!

I have not. My partner actually hates cheese so I don't eat it very often. I'll have to look into it and invite some other friends.

EccoRaven posted:

the debussy sheet music on my roommate's keyboard, because you are french(-ish) but beloved by anglophones.

I like Debussy.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I'm gonna be on mobile for most of the day. Quote this post and I will PM you a (probably table breaking) picture from my phone that represents you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Look Under The Rock posted:

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I'm gonna be on mobile for most of the day. Quote this post and I will PM you a (probably table breaking) picture from my phone that represents you.

I enjoy secrets.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Look Under The Rock posted:

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

This might be the best one yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey you guys should stop being fuckwits and cheer up a bit

just saying

hello

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

hey you guys should stop being fuckwits and cheer up a bit

just saying

hello

I disagree, everybody should be more aggressive and dour.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you which picture of my cats represents you.

subtle!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What's the community consensus on sk and scum killing each other as the only two players in the game. stalemate?

ask yourself this: what would happen if it happened during n1? would both kills resolve? or does one have a kill order? and then stick to it for the rest of your modding career.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxOl1EraXA

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd say SK wins because their kill should get priority because SK is a harder wincon.

The end.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Actually imho SK and Scum kill each other, all threats to the town are eliminated and the dead town wins!!!!

But seriously it comes down to what you would do if a scum and the SK targeted each other day 1, it shouldn't be any different at end game. If both would kill each other then my scenario for sure, if one goes before the other then that one would win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well they'd both be dead, that was never up for debate. It's just a matter of whether thats considered a stalemate or a loss for the parties involved. I went stalemate since that is more fun than "everybody loses"