Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well they'd both be dead, that was never up for debate. It's just a matter of whether thats considered a stalemate or a loss for the parties involved. I went stalemate since that is more fun than "everybody loses"

I think that's most fitting. In the end, town, scum, and sk all had a say in making sure no party could reasonably achieve its win condition, so a three way stalemate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well they'd both be dead, that was never up for debate. It's just a matter of whether thats considered a stalemate or a loss for the parties involved. I went stalemate since that is more fun than "everybody loses"

If they both die its a town win 100%

All threats to the town are dead

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Town never needs to be alive to win

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Outlaw mafia forever if that situation happens, imo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

Town never needs to be alive to win

:what:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think one town certainly needs to be alive for town to win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think one town certainly needs to be alive for town to win.

Not based on the town win conditions mods send me for mafia games here. Win conditions should be well defined, and if having a member of the town should be a requirement it should be specifically stated

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well I guess I'll add that caveat in next time I run a game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll make sure to include that in the future, then

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If town win is = All Threats to Town Eliminated

Scum is = Unasailable Control of the Vote

SK is = kill everyone and survive

If everyone dies, then which win conditions are fulfilled?

Town's is fulfilled, so to say they don't win is to say that you hosed up sending them their win condition

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well I guess I'll add that caveat in next time I run a game

thank you pedantic assholes like me will appreciate it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess I sort of assumed somebody in a faction needed to be alive to accomplish achieve their wincon

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I guess I sort of assumed somebody in a faction needed to be alive to accomplish achieve their wincon

conversely, the south will rise again

Quote this post and I'll tell you which hockey player you are

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 14, 2015

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Depends.

I think town needing to survive is reasonable, though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Logically that makes sense, but it has never been mentioned in my win condition, so I don't think it is really open for interpretation. Can't change the rules mid game because a weird situation happens

CCKeane posted:

I think town needing to survive is reasonable, though.

Sure, and if my condition listed that as a requirement I would find that very fair

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Logically that makes sense, but it has never been mentioned in my win condition, so I don't think it is really open for interpretation. Can't change the rules mid game because a weird situation happens

Sure, and if my condition listed that as a requirement I would find that very fair

I mean, I gotta be honest man, if I were town, and town was eliminated, I would assume town lost without even needing that mentioned in the wincon. Kinda feels like trying to lawyer your way into a win, but that's just me, maybe.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I mean, I gotta be honest man, if I were town, and town was eliminated, I would assume town lost without even needing that mentioned in the wincon. Kinda feels like trying to lawyer your way into a win, but that's just me, maybe.

well then next time you are town and this happens, hopefully I am on your team to ensure you don't get swindled out of your legitimate yet bizarre win

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I do think it's a little pedantic and sort ignores the overall setup and premise of the game but I guess clarifying that isn't a big deal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

well then next time you are town and this happens, hopefully I am on your team to ensure you don't get swindled out of your legitimate yet bizarre win

If we both end up town I am going to mastermind an elaborate scheme so we both lose dramatically.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The town will survive, it's just the villagers who are all dead.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

The town will survive, it's just the villagers who are all dead.

Ya all the towns people are dead but there is no one to burn down their taco bell

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Look Under The Rock posted:

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I'm gonna be on mobile for most of the day. Quote this post and I will PM you a (probably table breaking) picture from my phone that represents you.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I'm gonna be on mobile for most of the day. Quote this post and I will PM you a (probably table breaking) picture from my phone that represents you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

SECRETS

Max
Nov 30, 2002

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

I must know.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
so 50 years later after all the scum have died of old age, the town wins!!!!1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So all those abandoned games are actually town wins.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

So all those abandoned games are actually town wins.

Nope, the threats to the town were never elminated

uranus posted:

so 50 years later after all the scum have died of old age, the town wins!!!!1

scum never age

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

~*SECRET BUZZFEED*~

secret secrets are no fun

re: win conditions, victories are just words. who is to say who won or lost a game? it's all in your mind, man.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
nothing is a threat to you when you're dead. so in a sense, town wins every game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
some would say in a certain light this is true

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm a dead ringer for Dustin Brown...

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the real question is, which townies have accepted Jesus Christ into their hearts? because they have the Eternal Victory.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
JakeP you're not pedantic, if you refer to this nice chart:

you'd see clearly that you are very calm and not serious. maybe the opposite of pedantic!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to get HUFF and PUFF tattooed on my knuckles

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Good morning mafia thread, if you are on the west coast of the USA. Otherwise good "whatever time it is where you are"-ning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

quote this post and i'll tell you what cheese would go well with you as the wine