Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Tremendous Taste posted:

code:
How turnt up could a turnip turn if a turnip could turn up

turn up for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kleedrac posted:

turn up for what?

its a pun you silly

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
##vote Kleedrac

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I have a few newbie/possibly stupid question.

First, even though this game doesn't start with a traditional scum team, I don't need to change how I look at people right? I should still be basing my cases on whether I feel a person is being sincere and trying to help the town or if they are being insincere and trying to mislead the town.

Also, am I correct in assuming that this game gets harder for town as it goes on? Even if we do lynch a cultist during the day, the leader can just get a new one at night. Or do we end up hoping the SK does the dirty work by either being recruited or directly targeting the leader?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cult games are hard by nature because you basically have to look at people's behaviour as though they are a new alignment each day. Someone could be the towniest town who ever towned and then get turned.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why would those be stupid questions? Yeah, be careful to note the intent behind an argument and what it ultimately accomplishes, as well as shifts in player attitudes. Yeah, the game is statistically likely to become more difficult if the cult leader doesn't die today or tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well I thought they might seem possibly stupid because they are kind of obvious. But since this is just my second game ever, I'd rather ask an obvious question than make an incorrect assumption.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
anyway deadline is tonight. i don't see the case on jj and i forget why there's even a vote on taste. i'm not voting kleedrac, dude dies every day one and it's dumb.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

anyway deadline is tonight. i don't see the case on jj and i forget why there's even a vote on taste. i'm not voting kleedrac, dude dies every day one and it's dumb.

What about the guy you have a vote on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pmom made the scummiest vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

What about the guy you have a vote on

that's a good vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

pmom made the scummiest vote

Which one, and why?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote kleedrac

because you are scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm asking you to explain why that vote is scummy.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

dude should probs adjust his posting style if he dies every D1. Mafia's all about the victim blaming.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm asking you to explain why that vote is scummy.

it's a bad vote in a vote spree

there's no real reason to make it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't like joke votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

dude should probs adjust his posting style if he dies every D1. Mafia's all about the victim blaming.

by the same token it drastically reduces my confidence in him being scum for having made a mildly awkward post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't like joke votes.

you'll have to dislike your own in that case ha ha ha

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tremendous Taste posted:

you'll have to dislike your own in that case ha ha ha

:iceburn:

Somberbrero posted:

by the same token it drastically reduces my confidence in him being scum for having made a mildly awkward post.

Yeah, I get that.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't like joke votes.

Wait your vote on me is serious?! The game hadn't even started really. This sure seems like scum going for an easy lynch;

##Vote Pinterest Mom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kleedrac posted:

Wait your vote on me is serious?! The game hadn't even started really. This sure seems like scum going for an easy lynch;

##Vote Pinterest Mom

This is a bad vote. First of all, PMom moved his vote from you a while ago. Secondly, while my gut is telling me to be suspicious of PMom, but I don't know if it's actual doubt or just residual feelings from the last game. Either way, I feel like you saying someone is scum looking for an easy lynch this early in the game raises more suspicions about you than the person you are accusing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Either way, I feel like you saying someone is scum looking for an easy lynch this early in the game raises more suspicions about you than the person you are accusing.

how's that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the way tmm is talking, i can't tell if he thinks kleedrac is scum or not.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TMMadman posted:

This is a bad vote. First of all, PMom moved his vote from you a while ago. Secondly, while my gut is telling me to be suspicious of PMom, but I don't know if it's actual doubt or just residual feelings from the last game. Either way, I feel like you saying someone is scum looking for an easy lynch this early in the game raises more suspicions about you than the person you are accusing.

I'm not following your logic here Madman, sadly I'm known for doing dumb things and getting my rear end lynched early in mafia games. But to vote someone for something in joke vote always rubs me the wrong way. Jokes are a natural part of the opening of a mafia game - we've got no other information so we joke around until something jumps out - and that's fine. My joke votes were jokes and Pmom's entire reasoning was she found my jokes scummy and others not?! It's confusing.

More realistically we're staring down a deadline and should really try to get organized before we end with a nolynch. I don't really find anyone scummy and PMom's as good a lynch as anyone right now.

Somberbrero posted:

the way tmm is talking, i can't tell if he thinks kleedrac is scum or not.

This too - TMM said me voting for Pmom says more about me than her - I guess - but what do you think TMM - am I scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

how's that?

I just think using absolutes on D1 isn't very helpful. So saying 'you're scum' is going to draw my attention more than saying 'I think you're being very suspicious.'

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TMMadman posted:

I just think using absolutes on D1 isn't very helpful. So saying 'you're scum' is going to draw my attention more than saying 'I think you're being very suspicious.'

OK do you think I'm 'very suspicious' then? If so why aren't you voting - if not then who do you find suspicious?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

This is basically what my "lol" post meant but I was waiting for someone else to explicitly say it.

Kleedrac posted:

I'm not following your logic here Madman, sadly I'm known for doing dumb things and getting my rear end lynched early in mafia games. But to vote someone for something in joke vote always rubs me the wrong way. Jokes are a natural part of the opening of a mafia game - we've got no other information so we joke around until something jumps out - and that's fine. My joke votes were jokes and Pmom's entire reasoning was she found my jokes scummy and others not?! It's confusing.

More realistically we're staring down a deadline and should really try to get organized before we end with a nolynch. I don't really find anyone scummy and PMom's as good a lynch as anyone right now.

Buh? Do you think I'm scum or are you just voting for me out of convenience?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

It's Fine To Be Wrong. You can call someone scum and change your mind later~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

does 'isn't very helpful' translate to 'scum'? i'm not sure i'm following you here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

baby it's both but who cares.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think that your attitude of voting one joke out of dozens and choosing me could be because I'm an easy lynch and that is suspicious. I'm not sold on you being scum but moreso than any other players so far - and we do need to lynch so there you have it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
man kleedrac no wonder you die all the time.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
wtf is even going on I've not been paying attention

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Somberbrero posted:

man kleedrac no wonder you die all the time.

There are times it feels I can't win for trying - I once tried not being as abrasive an opinionated in a mafia game - I was lynched because I wasn't committing real opinions to the thread and this made me obviously scum :P

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kleedrac posted:

There are times it feels I can't win for trying - I once tried not being as abrasive an opinionated in a mafia game - I was lynched because I wasn't committing real opinions to the thread and this made me obviously scum :P

i think you're trying too hard is the problem. you're so honest it seems like you're lying. i said multiple times today i wouldn't kill you and yet you're making me regret that.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somber, whats the tiny black text on your avatar say??

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I think that your attitude of voting one joke out of dozens and choosing me could be because I'm an easy lynch and that is suspicious. I'm not sold on you being scum but moreso than any other players so far - and we do need to lynch so there you have it.

I don't know you're an easy dunk. I voted for you because I disliked your vote on Taste.

imgay posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

hella turnt lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

"world's only heart mafia player."

• Locked thread