Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Will trade: one crit for your story this week for a crit of my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I hated this week and I hate you. I went through this mess of words in Judgemode and I can say I'm very disappointed in most of you and surprised in others. My crits are still a work in progress, but you can view them here, you loving ingrates.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is it too late to say I hate you all?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Considering your current avatar, I'd say we did you a service.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Djeser posted:

Will trade: one crit for your story this week for a crit of my story.

Sitting Here, here is your crit

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Is that an avatar handed out in one of the sub-forums, or does this guy just get a million name changes and post everywhere?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

hubris.height posted:

Is that an avatar handed out in one of the sub-forums, or does this guy just get a million name changes and post everywhere?

This guy just pays for a million name changes.

Bad Seafood posted:

Considering your current avatar, I'd say we did you a service.

Well do me a favor and take a hike, you jerk.

Someone else do me a favor and BRAWL me. I'm out for blood.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'll brawl the gently caress out of you.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Djeser posted:

I'll brawl the gently caress out of you.

I'd brawl as well.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Who's going to judge this? I don't give a gently caress if I'm brawling one, two, or eight; hell, do it WWF style and have a two versus one match for all I care.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Who's going to judge this? I don't give a gently caress if I'm brawling one, two, or eight; hell, do it WWF style and have a two versus one match for all I care.

GIVE ME A GODDAMN SECOND

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

:siren::siren::byodood:MERCBRAWL #SOMETHINGSOMETHING (IT'S BEEN A WHILE JACKASSES):byodood::siren::siren:

MOTHERFLIPPING NINJAS!!!!!!!

This motherfucking week, you three are the last three surviving motherflipping ninjas from your clan. The rest of your clan was slaughtered while the three of you were away and now you have one thing on your motherpunching mind. REVENGE!!!!!!

I'm being literal here. You three are the last 3 ninjas from your clan. You're sharing the world. This is a collaborative effort!

You ninja star throwers have until JULY 25 11:59 EST to finish your glorious retributions and you each can have a max of 2000 words to make it work.

N. SENADA
DJESER
WE LANDED ON THE MOON

HIYAAAAAAAAAH

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

One last thing, in case you bitches forgot. You brawl for me, you :toxx: as well. I need to see you say it!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'll brawl and toxx, even if I would prefer a prompt that allowed me to rip the heads off my enemies rather than require me to ally with them.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Hey nerds, you all kind of sucked this week, but here's my basic notes. I'll have more comments coming up where I get more in depth but for now, here's what I thought of your stories initially.

Additionally I flash ruled myself and have no cursing in my crits! Trust me though, I would've if I could.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hj5U1Kwg2vse6v5VQn13T3P6zeQUd_R4SnJSwd8SvqA/edit?usp=sharing

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I'll brawl and toxx, even if I would prefer a prompt that allowed me to rip the heads off my enemies rather than require me to ally with them.

Who the hell said you had to cooperate you uncreative jackass. Get to work!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Brawling with a :toxx:

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
you should be coöperating with others, not coöpting everything for yourself

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Mercedes posted:

One last thing, in case you bitches forgot. You brawl for me, you :toxx: as well. I need to see you say it!

As Mercedes' honored "guest," I'm you shitbirds' back-up judge in case he meets a "mysterious" end.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This week on Thunderdome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH9sxQ0b0uA

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 14, 2015

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Mercedes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In unrelated news, crits for the last of the (non-DQ) entries for Week #149 are here. Featuring critiques for SlipUp, Lazy Beggar, SkaAndScreenplays, Entenzahn, and newtestleper.

The folks who submitted late will still get critiques. You will just get them late. (As opposed to the timeliness of these crits, you understand.)

Also, because apparently I can't get enough of this, I'll offer up three line-crits for this week's stories, first come, first served. If you get a crit from me, give a crit to someone else. (This someone else need not be me, but I certainly wouldn't complain!)

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Well that was entirely unexpected. WELP.

:siren: Thunderdome Week 154: Naturally Unnatural :siren:

It’s summertime, and you’re stuck at your grandparents’ house. Your grandparents are cool and all, but they’re getting older, and they can’t always keep you and your siblings entertained. So today, you decide to go exploring in the attic. There’s a ton of cool stuff up there, but eventually, you run into something strange…

Welcome to Weird poo poo week! This week, your characters have found something that’s a little out of place: a regular, everyday object with unnatural properties. What exactly that means is up to you, whether it’s fantastical and fun, or completely terrifying. Your object doesn’t even have to be the driving force of the story, although it needs to at least be present.

Please write me a story. No vignettes, no ‘scenes,’ no goddamned Wikipedia articles. You should have actual characters with personalities and relationships, and they should change over the course of your narrative. And, as always, no erotica, no fanfiction.

You have 1000 words with which to accomplish this task.

(To clarify, the grandparents' attic bit is an example, NOT a requirement. Feel free to use it, if you want, but it isn't necessary.)

The deadline to enter is Friday, July 17th, 11:59:59 PM, PST.
The deadline to submit is Sunday, July 19th, 11:59:59 PM ,PST.

Judges:

curlingiron
Sitting Here
Ironic Twist

Contestants:
Grizzled Patriarch
WeLandedOnTheMoon!
Broenheim
docbeard
Benny Profane
Bad Ideas Good :toxx:
Thranguy
Schneider Heim
Killer-of-Lawyers
Claven666
C7ty1
Morning Bell
spectres of autism
Jonked
Jagermonster
Nubile Hillock
Jopoho
epoch.
Barbed Tongues
Bompacho :toxx:
Mad Wack :toxx:
crabrock
Kaishai

curlingiron fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 19, 2015

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

In.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
in

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In.

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

In.

Bad Ideas Good
Oct 12, 2012
Back In. (Also :toxx: because I failed last time I was here... six months ago)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
In.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
In!

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
In.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
In.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

In!

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen
In

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

Edited out linecrit for thread closure

Profane Accessory fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 30, 2015

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
This looks like a good week, but I gotta opt out because of some bad news regarding my own grandparents.

Good luck on your stories this week, everyone.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
In.

• Locked thread