Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They gonna release this for windows 10 right? riiiight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hahaha no.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Crowds are 3D this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYImduzOl4

Bunch of other new videos,

Ford GT and other info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmpzCtKJZs

How they add new cars to the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7LPGE-B78

How they built the weather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEHfi4TgkA

How they've improved Drivatars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twI0RSVwnR0

I wish I hadn't watched this. Everything looks great and strengthens my resolve to get an Xbox One.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

man I wish this game wasn't hitting at such a busy time for me. still can't wait for it... that anti aliasing looks like the same style they used in FH2. whatever it is, it's miles better than F5 and looks great

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For some reason, I just noticed how jaggy Forza 5 is when I played it today. It's pretty rough looking.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

For some reason, I just noticed how jaggy Forza 5 is when I played it today. It's pretty rough looking.

if you look, that's basically every forza

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Listening to this Smoking Tire podcast, seems like they're going to throw a bunch credits at you if you've played the previous games.

I made the mistake of creating a new gamertag when I got my xbox one, and then played a bunch of FH2 on it.

Trying to decide if I should go with the FH2 gamertag or do I try and transfer my old gamertag from the 360 that I played F2-4 with.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

sudo rm -rf posted:

Listening to this Smoking Tire podcast, seems like they're going to throw a bunch credits at you if you've played the previous games.

I made the mistake of creating a new gamertag when I got my xbox one, and then played a bunch of FH2 on it.

Trying to decide if I should go with the FH2 gamertag or do I try and transfer my old gamertag from the 360 that I played F2-4 with.

Log into Forza Hub with each gamertag to see which would give you the best rewards.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I hope there's a late-80s VW Golf in the game again. The one I used to drive as a teenager was the first and only car I've owned, and when they included it (albeit a sportier GTI instead of the grandpa model that I had) in Forza 3/4 I was loving ecstatic.

I generally love driving old lovely cars in racing games, but it's even better when they have one I've owned or at least something close to it.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Brands Hatch looks fun as heck.

I'm dying to know the other 4(?) unannounced locations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I love the rain!

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

jabro posted:

Log into Forza Hub with each gamertag to see which would give you the best rewards.

It's crazy, but somehow the newer gamertag is slightly ahead.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I'm excited to get in on F6 on the ground floor this time. I waited so long to get an Xbox One that F5 never quite had that 'New Car Smell' going on. Everything I've seen so far looks great.

The amount of in game cash they are offering as Rewards for having large garages in the past games is kinda crazy. I'm just not sure I feel like grinding through hours of purchasing cars. It feels like buying a car in Forza 5 takes forever.

pvax fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 13, 2015

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

pvax posted:

I'm excited to get in on F6 on the ground floor this time. I waited so long to get an Xbox One that F5 never quite had that 'New Car Smell' going on. Everything I've seen so far looks great.

The amount of in game cash they are offering as Rewards for having large garages in the past games is kinda crazy. I'm just not sure I feel like grinding through hours of purchasing cars. It feels like buying a car in Forza 5 takes forever.

Yea, the Garage and Autoshow and specifically buying and sorting cars really sucks in FM5. It was even worse when it first released, they patched a couple awful bugs.

Fingers crossed everything is better in 6.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If PCARS has proven anything, its that grinding to buy cars is a loving dumb game mechanic.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I didn't go crazy buying cars, just bought a handful in each game to bump myself up to the next threshold. I won't have the full 25 million CR, but I'll have maybe 8-10 million CR which should be plenty to start out. Even a couple million should be enough.

When FM5 came out, they hosed up the payouts because they were pushing the microtransactions. Once they got rid of that, no one really complained about gaining credits any more. Especially if you get VIP (double credits) you'll be fine. I really don't think earning credits will be a huge grind like when FM5 first came out.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I expect it will be more like fh2.. which dumps insane amounts of credits and free slots machine cars on you

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
If this game has a slot machine I will fly into a violent rage and hurl my xbox out the window :toxx:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If PCARS has proven anything, its that grinding to buy cars is a loving dumb game mechanic.

Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 were really, really bad about this as well.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Needing to play some in order to buy cars is fine it just shouldn't be as grindy as release FM5 was. The point is to find a balance to where you don't feel restricted even if you're a casual player but also feel like you've "earned" the cars at the same time. Something F4 did masterfully.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea but I don't care about earning cars. Everything ought to be accessible from the moment I boot up the game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yea but I don't care about earning cars. Everything ought to be accessible from the moment I boot up the game.

You are playing the wrong game

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
As long as theres a free drive mode with all the cars available and they throw credits at you I dont care.

So pretty much make it like FM4 again.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you had a hard time getting credits at any point in Forza 5 you a) Either weren't playing it, the payouts were low but not egregiously so before the economy patch that happened 10 days after release (I earned enough for an F1 car before the patch by.. simply playing the game, with zero repeating anything bullshit for cash) or b) Never heard of Forza Hub where they throw billions of credits at you monthly and have since before the game came out.

I did have the VIP bonus all the way through, though. That may be why it didn't bother me at all.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

If you are that busy maybe video games in general are not for you.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

I said come in! posted:

I wish I hadn't watched this. Everything looks great and strengthens my resolve to get an Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFR4jdYsfCI

There's on going for real cheap on ebay if you're interested.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

However, if Forza has proven anything, its that grinding for engine/drivetrain swaps early on is a hilarious idea.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you had a hard time getting credits at any point in Forza 5 you a) Either weren't playing it, the payouts were low but not egregiously so before the economy patch that happened 10 days after release (I earned enough for an F1 car before the patch by.. simply playing the game, with zero repeating anything bullshit for cash) or b) Never heard of Forza Hub where they throw billions of credits at you monthly and have since before the game came out.

I did have the VIP bonus all the way through, though. That may be why it didn't bother me at all.

I dunno i've never played FM5 apart from some realy early build because I dont have a Microsoft Xbox One Console yet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

You are playing the wrong game

I'll play it and have a good time with it. It's that even Turn 10 acknowledges how lovely their car progression or whatever is by how they throw credits at the player.

It's just frustrating for me because I prefer spending my game time in quick races or time trials. Even PCARS, a game I'm pretty fond of, I haven't even touched the career mode. F4 was nearly there with having all of the cars be available in the arcade mode, but I still can't tune them.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Doc Morbid posted:

I generally love driving old lovely cars in racing games, but it's even better when they have one I've owned or at least something close to it.

Same. I really don't care too much about various exotics and racing spec cars, but when I see poo poo like AMC Pacers and Ford Pintos, I get excited. One of the reasons Forza has been my favorite racing series.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Thats the one problem i have with forza, they seem to love supercars, new cars and limited edition cars. I dont want just a S2000CR, i want a base model AP1 AND AP2 as well, even if they look almost identical. Another one is the Skyline. GT is often mocked for having lots of cars, but having a GTR is not enough for me, i want a GTS 4 door, and a GTS-T for RWD fun. A camaro Z/28 instead of just a SS 35th anniversery edition; A 1979 honda civic, not a 2016 honda civic SI RR R. If this was even a little sub-menu that nobody noticed but me and everyone went on racing the best car i would be happy with that. In our forza 5 league this year i tried to pretend as hard as i could my GMC Syclone was a Chevy S10 :(

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 14, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I always thought it would be cool for them to just include multiple trims for ever car. Like when you go to buy a car, it brings up a second menu with the different trim levels to select from. It can't be that much more work for many of the cars, a lot of which just have different engines and barely if any cosmetic differences.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Thats the one problem i have with forza, they seem to love supercars, new cars and limited edition cars. I dont want just a S2000CR, i want a base model AP1 AND AP2 as well, even if they look almost identical. Another one is the Skyline. GT is often mocked for having lots of cars, but having a GTR is not enough for me, i want a GTS 4 door, and a GTS-T for RWD fun. A camaro Z/28 instead of just a SS 35th anniversery edition; A 1979 honda civic, not a 2016 honda civic SI RR R. If this was even a little sub-menu that nobody noticed but me and everyone went on racing the best car i would be happy with that. In our forza 5 league this year i tried to pretend as hard as i could my GMC Syclone was a Chevy S10 :(

The game you want is Gran Turismo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If there's anything to take from the previous several pages, it's that no one game does everything for everyone, so buy every cool and good racing game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza and Gran Turismo both come pretty close to the kind of racing game I want, but Gran Turismo won't be on PS4 anytime soon. :/

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Laserface posted:

The game you want is Gran Turismo.

But the playstation is sooooooo bad. And gran turismo somehow makes it worse. I dont think the japanese have the same hands or at least central nervous system that white people do, or something. The controls and physics feel awful to me, while forza feels just right.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

But the playstation is sooooooo bad. And gran turismo somehow makes it worse. I dont think the japanese have the same hands or at least central nervous system that white people do, or something. The controls and physics feel awful to me, while forza feels just right.

yeah but every single trim level of the Nissan Skyline is represented.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo 6 lets you drive on the moon. For all of the great cars Forza has, it's still the same racing game you can play else where. Gran Turismo has been the only true standout racing sim with features and racing modes not found anywhere else, and its Vision Gran Turismo program, where Polyphony Digital works with car manufacturers to make up fantasy concept cars is really cool.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Those fantasy concept cars are the biggest waste of time in game development history aside from the 8 year period where Polyphony simply did nothing at all.

I'm completely incapable of giving a single poo poo about imaginary 4700 mph spacecars that will never have any bearing on actual car development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Or driving on the loving moon.

• Locked thread