Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Someone make one of watto in whites with "29 lbws" and "9 unsuccessful reviews" :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Watson's always been a good limited overs player, his test performances is where everyones aggravation comes from.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
- Highest average nets form of any player in history.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
That image doesn't appear to have been fact checked very well, McCullum scored more than 80% of the runs in this innings: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/300428.html

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It was a really good century in the conditions. Probably the best Warner has scored but motm should go to a player on the winning side. That said its pretty funny kiwis are still whinging about a guy getting a motm award for scoring a century on a green top..the next best scores were 56.

Warner was clearly the best player of the test, that century was incredible. If a player of the losing side is the best, then he absolulty should get it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Warner was clearly the best player of the test, that century was incredible. If a player of the losing side is the best, then he absolulty should get it.

I don't have a major gripe with that decision but you can't say Warner was clearly better than Bracewell in that game, 9/60 match analysis including bowling us to the win defending 241 with Australia 122/1 at one stage.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

I don't have a major gripe with that decision but you can't say Warner was clearly better than Bracewell in that game, 9/60 match analysis including bowling us to the win defending 241 with Australia 122/1 at one stage.

I'm sure that whatever our opinions of the decision are, we can all agree it should be loving KFC SMS bullshit making it.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Apparently Mitchell McClenaghan has been bowling in the nets to the England batsmen. I don't think I've ever heard of an international player being a net bowler for another international team.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Lionel Richie posted:

Apparently Mitchell McClenaghan has been bowling in the nets to the England batsmen. I don't think I've ever heard of an international player being a net bowler for another international team.

Very specific niche of being an angry left armer named Mitchell who can sometimes bowl 145km/h+

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel Richie posted:

That's the only place he's qualified to bowl.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lionel Richie posted:

probably a good lad who is willing to share a beer

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
If pressed, I would have said that McClenaghan has ink on his arms too.

Everyone should be watching this Far South West India vs East India match, btw. It must be amazing being a top five international batsman, touring to another country, and getting out cheaply. The pop from the crowd is HUGE.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

There's one key word missing from this image, see if you can spot it!

Spoiler: It starts with T, four letters, and isn't twat

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Why won't u drink the beer australia?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Lionel Richie posted:

Why won't u drink the beer australia?

It was Fosters

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Ask yourself, would you really want to drink a warm pint with the man displayed to the left of this post

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Australia breath a sigh of relief because the big beard himself is a doubt for tomorrows test.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

serious gaylord posted:

Australia breath a sigh of relief because the big beard himself is a doubt for tomorrows test.

whats happened to michael clarkes wife?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
dont go insulting our kyly clarke, she's a national treasure

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Bollocks. If Warner had protected the strike for the lower order batsmen Australia would have strolled to victory, but he kept rotating early in the overs, kept exposing his partners, and kept losing his partners. Awesome century, dumb cricket (and yeah I know about Steve Waugh's lower order batting theory but that was a much different team and a much different era).

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Unimpressed posted:

So what's peoples' opinion on Nevill? What happened to Wade and that Tassie guy with the hosed up fingers?

Wade is a garbage keeper, worse than Baddin. Paine hasn't been the same since coming back from injury.

Wade is in the Australia A squad for some reason. They should have gone with Sam Whiteman from WA, he's easily the best young keeper in the country.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

Hahahah

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

RideTheSpiral posted:

Haha drat

pogo
Nov 14, 2003

England's finest <3

Largepotato posted:

Wade is a garbage keeper, worse than Baddin. Paine hasn't been the same since coming back from injury.

Tim Paine is currently playing for Banbury in the Home Counties Premier League (3 divisions above my own club's 1st XI), so things aren't going so well for him.
http://www.banburycake.co.uk/sport/12948390.CRICKET__Tim_Paine_is_out_of_luck_on_Banbury_debut/

edit: to be fair, he is scoring runs most weeks
http://banbury.play-cricket.com/website/player_stats_widget/batting_stats/3298584?rule_type_id=179

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bangladesh won an ODI series against South Africa. What a world we live in.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

goatface posted:

Fourth series win in a row. They've beaten Zimbabwe, Pakistan, India and now South Africa. Good stuff

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cricket is... good?? :monocle:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Probably fixed

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Both England spinners could be out. Moeen Ali who had been out with an injury now needs to try and prove his fitness because Adil Rashid just pulled out.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

We need to shine a Monty spotlight like Batman over Lords

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

EMC posted:

We need to shine a Monty spotlight like Batman over Lords

Use yellow light, so it's the colour of urine.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Both England spinners could be out. Moeen Ali who had been out with an injury now needs to try and prove his fitness because Adil Rashid just pulled out.

Get kerrigan on the phone

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Bharatrocity posted:

Fourth series win in a row. They've beaten Zimbabwe, Pakistan, India and now South Africa. Good stuff

Pretty good run of form at home. Well done to New Zealand, starting this off in 2013, what a good team they are.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

goatface posted:

not even the ashes could get me posting in this poo poo thread again but I will for this

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Scylo posted:

Get kerrigan on the phone

Shane Watson's redemption starts

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

not even the ashes could get me posting in this poo poo thread again but I will for this

and what a post it was

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
What the heck is a side strain anyway and why do so many cricketers get it?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
we're getting a night test in Adelaide next year, may as well make the ashes a tri-series with the bangers

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I didn't realise Cummins has only played 6 first class games in his life, with 4 of those being in 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

RideTheSpiral posted:

What the heck is a side strain anyway and why do so many cricketers get it?

The Aussie side has been strained pretty much since Steve Waugh stepped down