Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Cake Attack posted:

in a sense, the towers never went down

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Well, to quote, it was a room of about twenty fans, so that's a net gain of 18 towers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

ann is run by children

there is an article on their website telling the story of a dude who watched hentai 3 days after 9/11, and how this was a small but triumphant victory for america

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Cake Attack posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can't wait until the Heaven's Feel movie and the consequent website outage that will cause.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Movie

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I suppose more than one would be too much.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
This is gonna be a disaster for anyone who doesn't know the source material, and I'm just gonna enjoy the animation.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There aren't enough :laffo:s in the world.

Ha ha ha what? :psyduck:

What the gently caress happened?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm so jealous you don't know what went down during the past season on the ANN forums concerning UBW.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Let us please refrain from calling attention to the bad website and its writers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Let us please refrain from calling attention to the bad website and its writers.
we aren't posting about the sa frontpage

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Compendium posted:

I'm so jealous you don't know what went down during the past season on the ANN forums concerning UBW.

I don't ever go on ANN period unless I'm linked there from ADTRW, pretty much.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That is a good and healthy life choice.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Compendium posted:

That is a good and healthy life choice.

Sorry I linked the editor of the ANN reviewer in question (who happens to be the one who posted that stuff in the Internet Critic thread that was linked) to the bad thread when that drama was being discussed then :sweatdrop:

At least we got the current thread title out of it!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

I suppose more than one would be too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have anything concrete about how they want to do HF yet. Probably will be a while before we'll hear more news about it. One movie would probably be too little, two movies too much.

And speaking of reviews, it might have been linked here or in the UBW thread, but where was that one website where the author was a total newcomer to the series and ended up liking the show a lot? I'd be interested in reading his impressions of the last few episodes, or the series as a whole now that it's finished.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Sylphid posted:

And speaking of reviews, it might have been linked here or in the UBW thread, but where was that one website where the author was a total newcomer to the series and ended up liking the show a lot? I'd be interested in reading his impressions of the last few episodes, or the series as a whole now that it's finished.

That was Re-reads and Reviews, and his overall UBW review is what is linked there.

He's currently playing the VN as well, apparently already finished UBW and starting on HF, mentioning a bunch of his thoughts on the Fate route in his UBW anime Epilogue review. Apparently, he's gonna do Zero after finishing the VN, and he's started reviewing the Kara no Kyokai movies recently, finishing the first. He also has some comments on the UBW route of the VN in the comments of that KnK review, though not that much since most of his thoughts on the VN route mirror the ones he had on the anime.

Sylphid posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have anything concrete about how they want to do HF yet. Probably will be a while before we'll hear more news about it. One movie would probably be too little, two movies too much.
Apparently, like I stated two pages back, according to word coming out of the Fate panel they had at AX where the ufotable staff was present two weekends ago, Miura said Heaven's Feel will only be one movie. He was blue-skying a 6 hour movie, but that was shot down.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 15, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sylphid posted:

I'd say two movies are not enough, three are too much. You absolutely can't fit anything more than the last two days into one movie, and the remaining fourteen days of buildup would have to be very, very compressed to fit into the other one. Covering HF in one movie seems absolutely impossible to me unless you want to get a Deen UBW trainwreck.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You know, I'd be entirely okay with them just starting the HF movie with a montage of everything up to Shirou getting Archer's arm, and then starting properly from there. That's basically the "poo poo gets real" point of the route, and I'm not sure if anyone's exactly dying to see anything from before that animated other than mapo tofu.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 15, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not "dying" to see those parts because like normal people its the endgame of HF that I like the most, but I'd prefer it be able to stand as a complete story and not just start with Nine Bullet Revolver.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You know, I'd be entirely okay with them just starting the HF movie with a montage of everything up to Shirou getting Archer's arm, and then starting properly from there. That's basically the "poo poo gets real" point of the route, and I'm not sure if anyone's exactly dying to see anything from before that animated other than mapo tofu.
i agree, the route about sakura would be great if we removed sakura from the route completely

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

i agree, the route about sakura would be great if we removed sakura from the route completely

Ideally we'd get more than one movie so it wouldn't be a choice between "more Sakura" or "more insanely loving awesome fight scenes" but we live in an imperfect world, Endorph

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Heaven's Feel would not even remotely be as good as we think it is without the several days of slow build up before the roller coaster meat grinder of desperation that is the rest of the arc.

With UBW though doing the first 2 days that part can be montaged though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly I'd just rather have a partial adaptation that does its bits really well, than a movie that tries to adapt the whole thing and does none of it justice, if I have to choose between the two

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
The movie will be a Let's Play of the route in the visual novel, but they will replace all action scenes with new original animation done by UFOTable.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The movie will be a series of monologues from ANN

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wish my posts were bad so I could be an anime reviewer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been meaning to tell you I submitted some of your posts to ANN and they were accepted.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Congratulations

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

I've been meaning to tell you I submitted some of your posts to ANN and they were accepted.

I expect mods to be honest as opposed to lying to try and own me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

thank you for diagnosing namtab with AIDS

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Endorph posted:

This but unironically.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I decided it's enough posting off topic in the Vita thread, so here I am, with a question: can someone direct me to a site on which I can read character cards? Or Servant cards if only they have them? The ones with ability scores, special abilities and all that?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Type Moon Wiki.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I am glad that HF is getting a movie but sad it probably won't be done justice.

I am glasad.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You filthy secondary

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

whats a secondary. If its someone who watched fate zero first then im mad as h*ck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

whats a secondary. If its someone who watched fate zero first then im mad as h*ck
No loving clue but I guess if you visited other type/moon fans they'd be happy to tell you.