Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

Still though, dang. I don't really see a lot of tea leaves to be read, here. Can't we be friends until the murdering starts in earnest? :peanut:

Let's :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

wins32767 posted:

I am not scum, nor is CCKeane.

I don't like how wins voted Max during his spat with Keane. And this post is just a mimic of something merk did.

I wish Keane weren't dead because Keane's funny.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

All of Zzyzx's posts are jokes, he hasn't posted anything, even a hip shot opinion. That's bad.

Why did you have to die Keane! This is a good opinion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

I got us to lynch walrus. That is what I was referring to.

Yeah seriously most of the credit should go to merk on this one.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't see anything wrong with it. No more then the other people who commented on the back and forth between Max and Keane. What do you see?

May have been mentioned but may not have been. Gamer's vote is the bussiest by far.

Max posted:

What are your issues with it? I had my own at the time, but I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.

Was your opinion that he was wrong or right in the end with his implication of your arguments during the spat with Keane?

zzyxz has a bad bussy response too.

zzyzx posted:

Walrus I would vote for, mostly because of this post:

The second part sounds off, in particular.

I'll look things over again tomorrow and see where they're at.

Another odd response.

These 4 don't vote right away. Nor does Amoeba after acknowledging the oddness of the comment.

Nth Doctor posted:

This morning I thought about these two posts that hit in the same minute. This looks suspicious enough to me.

## vote Walrus

Your logic is so incomprehensible here that you must be town.

Quidnose posted:

You would :rolleyes:

It was a scummy as heck post.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

All that to say:

##vote zzyzx Who is a garbage poster and has an incredibly mealy-mouthed bus of a vote smack dab in the middle of Walrus's vote chain early enough to say he was sure of it but not so late so as to slip by unnoticed. Never does she seem convinced of her own vote because she isn't. Also, every other post is absolutely pointless and contributes nothing to the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

And hasn't let up on.

Keane, why does the pedantic way he phrases the request matter and why are you so deadset on him being scum because of it, some ten posts in? That's awfully confident of you, and of Quo to saddle up with you. And Wins for that matter, later.

He asks you why and you lambast him for "rolefishing." Why does it matter? Do you think Max is scum because he phrased something differently?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Doing my part of the gambit friend. :)

These two posts from Gamer don't make sense to me. In the first he is asking Keane what the importance of the specific phrase is. In the second he is implying that he's in on whatever Keane is doing.

Gamer, can you explain this contradiction?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Here yuming, it was this post, spoonsy's only real post of the game. It touches on the vote leaders but doesn't take an actual stance on them, votes no one, and is flanked by jokes/filler. Why bother with this post at all other than to seem engaged?

I agree with this post from Hal

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Squiggly posted:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

Given Walrus' flip this post (which is a response to Gamer voting Walrus) looks really scummy. Squiggly provides no explanation of his reasoning and I don't see a town motivation in posting this way.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think this series of posts from Squiggly are very scummy.

Squiggly posted:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

Squiggly posted:

Had to wait and check the time stamps but I'd vote walruswhiskers too. I'd already voted quoproquid by the time this post was made, which walruswhiskers would know if he was actually following the thread instead of uselessly posting to look busy

(When merk revotes walrus)

Squiggly posted:

Nice waiting scumbo

Squiggly posted:

We're waiting on a claim with over 24 hours left to deadline. Get over your ego and wait for a response from walrus you scummy bastards

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

##vote Squiggly

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

##vote Squiggly

Hey Val, you've been relatively quiet this game compared to the last several times I played with you. What's going on?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

All that to say:

##vote zzyzx Who is a garbage poster and has an incredibly mealy-mouthed bus of a vote smack dab in the middle of Walrus's vote chain early enough to say he was sure of it but not so late so as to slip by unnoticed. Never does she seem convinced of her own vote because she isn't. Also, every other post is absolutely pointless and contributes nothing to the game.

How is that different from normal zzyzx play?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wins32767 posted:

Hey Val, you've been relatively quiet this game compared to the last several times I played with you. What's going on?

Hi wins. My mum was visiting for the weekend.

How are you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Was your opinion that he was wrong or right in the end with his implication of your arguments during the spat with Keane?

So I thought WW was going to come jumping in and say "I can tell Max thinks Keane has a power role or is using some trap phrase bs." As to your question though, he didn't really imply anything and just restated what our argument looked like on the surface, which is what dinged my radar on him right off the bat, and why I called him out in the middle of the whole thing. What he ended up saying didn't really provide anything.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Quidnose posted:

Pretty hard? I made one post about ~a theory~ that I think is fairly plausible. Literally a post. How is that banging pretty hard?

Admittedly from ingame yesterday but:

Quidnose posted:

Did Keane tell you he was going to lightly bus you in the scumdoc and thus you rushed over here to comment on it?

Then over the last day before my callout post:

Quidnose posted:

Nice catch, merk, UNLESS IT WAS A BUS

Quidnose posted:

I actually think that is a legit possibility. There's very little way that merk could have gleaned scum from the SINGLE walrus post that was awkward, have been that convicted about it with little proof to back it up (because walrus did not post much yesterday), and now be gloating about his awesome scumhunting. That didn't actually happen?

##vote merk

Quidnose posted:

This is a super weird jump to make and clear four people based on their being early votes. Scum could be bussing.
But at this point I think quibbling over how much you posted about bussing is neither here nor there.

Nice job!

Quidnose posted:

This is a whole lot of nothing. Why post this.
Mostly to start getting into the game. Also I saw a post that seemed to be looking for a summary (including one by you). You're right about it being a whole lot of nothing and in hindsight I ought to have contributed more and summarized less. Also I wanted to use the peanut smiley and be cheerful. :unsmith:

Quidnose posted:

This is also absolutely insane because I was posting for a lie detector and if someone came back with "this statement isn't true" I would know yuming was scum because I know my alignment. Every part of your post regarding me is factually inaccurate, what's your bag, doctor?
I don't really know many of the conventions in play here. As Gamer pointed out, (and I did in my first couple of posts) this is my first game. I was taking your post at face value rather than as a lie detector play.

You're absolutely right about my case against you being somewhat silly here in light of Yuming's flip:

Quidnose posted:

I also don't know why you are wasting time going into this. Yuming was not scum, we have her flip. What do you gain by posting your hypothesis theory about how we potentially could have been setting poo poo up when....I mean, that's not what happened, so why bother posting time about it?
I posted my hypothesis mostly because I had it and didn't get a chance to post it before the hammer dropped on Walrus and I figured: "posting is good, not posting is bad. Post it when the thread unlocks."

As I said in an earlier post: (This was my thinking before Walrus' flip and Yuming's tragic death) taking the plays for lie-detector as face value posts, I thought maybe there was a coordinated effort in the scumdoc by you, Walrus, and Yuming to do posts like this for each other, and either you or Walrus hosed up and Yuming got claimed twice.

Knowing what we know now: this is way less likely since Yuming has been flipped. The coordinated claim theory would then depend on you and Walrus independently picking Yuming for your claimposts. Also I ought not to have taken the posts at face value, I suppose.

When I made my post, I felt suspicious but not strongly enough to cast a vote. From the tone of the thread about equivocating posts that throw around not-entirely-committed cases against people, it sounds like that's not as great an idea. For what it's worth, I think my case against you is way weaker than it's even tenuous start now that I'm thinking a bit harder about the lie detector bait posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nth Doctor posted:

I posted my hypothesis mostly because I had it and didn't get a chance to post it before the hammer dropped on Walrus and I figured: "posting is good, not posting is bad. Post it when the thread unlocks."

From a town perspective, I don't see how you didn't immediately see how the flips happened and then re-evaluate your stance on things, and worrying about making any effort post (with old information no less) is more of a scum move than a town move.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

These two posts from Gamer don't make sense to me. In the first he is asking Keane what the importance of the specific phrase is. In the second he is implying that he's in on whatever Keane is doing.

FV, how do you feel about Gamer in light of the fact that he was quite obviously the other bandwagon that the scum team was pushing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote Squiggly

I also disagree with your read on what Squiggly was trying to do there. Admitedly, I wanted to just get it over with because I felt pretty good about the Walrus vote at the time and didn't think he was going to suddenly come in and reveal anything extra or interesting, but wanting to wait for someone to claim isn't pushing focus off of Walrus.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Given Walrus' flip this post (which is a response to Gamer voting Walrus) looks really scummy. Squiggly provides no explanation of his reasoning and I don't see a town motivation in posting this way.

This I do agree with, and when I actually have the energy I want to go back and really look at who was actively pushing for Gamer to happen yesterday, since he was pretty clearly the scum team's focus.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, FV, would you care to comment on the giant pile of garbage that was mine and Keane's argument?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Was this a joke or for real?

I added the "Re: Quid" part because Max jumped in between my post and your post I was responding to.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Max posted:

From a town perspective, I don't see how you didn't immediately see how the flips happened and then re-evaluate your stance on things, and worrying about making any effort post (with old information no less) is more of a scum move than a town move.

You're right, it does look scummy. Walrus flipping scum gave me a healthy dose of confirmation bias.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
That's a lot of poo poo I have to go back and quote.

gently caress mafia

Anyway.

Notice how Quidnose, relatively passive for most of the game outside of posting noise and non-content, suddenly starts going ham on cases with everyone and pushing big views after my effort post on him. To me that comes off as panic scumming, trying to push the vote off him by discrediting it bombastically, turning it around and then pushing everyone else for that matter. Not a hard tell, no, but it's more suspicious behavior in the pile.

Quidnose posted:

And w/r/t Yuming, I've played so many mafia games with her and almost all of them we've been on the same team (either town working hard together or scum flailing and failing). We also used to play League together fairly regularly for several months. I like to play with her, and I like to think I know her meta fairly well, although it has been a while. I literally voted her with no reason to see how she would react, because a lot of times it's no well. If she had "nooooo~~~ tilde tilde"'d at me I would have known to keep an eye on her.

It's simplifying the issue but I've seen her scum game and I know it well so I was testing the waters. Also what I said I was doing! Novel~

seems like added reason for scum team to hit yuming first, as suggested by scum Quid, while yuming wasn't really doing much D1. Or anything, really.

Quidnose posted:

Oh holy poo poo, Keane was killed last night? There is absolutely no way I would have done that as scum. That's a loving setup, man.

Keane was not killed by scum. By the ~~~flavor~~~ because I like making flavor arguments gently caress you naysayers, the conspirators are a bunch of normal folk who do normal conspiracy things. Yuming was stab, scum'd, Keane was immolated, a-arsonist?, while QPQ was... something'd. Not scumkilled, obviously. At a 21 person game I think it's a safe assumption to say that there's the scumkill, a 3p/SK kill and a town-vig kill.

Scum would know this and try to spin it as "whaaat no scum wouldn't do that, silly" to make them look better incidentally. Also, "oh whoa I didn't read the night post geez!" later seems really loving weird to me.

Quidnose posted:

It's odd that you jump to "me, as mafia, saying a 3p is setting me up" rather than "me, as town, feel the mafia is setting me up."

Did you 3p kill Yuming, Amoeba?

it isn't at all either

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So we're down two scum right? How many would a game this size have, 6 or so, not counting the possibility of multiple scum teams (a thing I've run into in ecco games) or third party?

With three nightkills I think it's a safe assumption to say there's either a third party or another nightkilling group. I don't think there is another scum team, tho, as the scum flipped as mafia-aligned and not some form of flavor-aligned.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

May have been mentioned but may not have been. Gamer's vote is the bussiest by far.

Merk's post came out of no where at the time and didn't actually anything but "hey look at this guy." I wanted him to embellish, as there wasn't really anything there in that post.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sure, friend. I had an inkling that Keane was just trying to stir content and get poo poo rolling. Skimming through the argument, I felt that of the two Max looked worse (I'd re-read things and decide that both were equally meh and it had already peaked) so I voted him and let the day get rolling as part of the "get people posting and casing each other" gambit. At this point I do not think Max is particularly scummy.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Unsure. I don't think that's much of a argument - not to discredit your other points on him - as there was plenty of time to wait for Walrus to make a claim. Merk (or Max I forget, irrelevant) deciding to go "gently caress it let's go" could be considered weird as there was no reason not to wait. People pushing to rush and finish a vote is p scummy, so that reaction is null imo.

Max posted:

FV, how do you feel about Gamer in light of the fact that he was quite obviously the other bandwagon that the scum team was pushing.

weren't

you the one pushing me?

I still feel strongly against Quidnose. I will squint at Squiggly later, too.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

With two scum down I would be willing to just take the dunk today to get it out of the way. We're doing totally fine and Gamer is still going balls at me and it's wasting a lot of his time, and I'm cooling a bit on him because I really think the stuff I've posted about merk is stronger.

Besides it would bring me joy to ruin Gamers' "perfect scum finding streak" by flipping town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My initial vote on walrus was a gut reaction to his awkward post.

Posts where I ask people to go back to walrus were largely built off of me wanting to get reactions to what I thought was a very solid gut read.

I double downed on the vote when walrus ignored my and Hal's votes on him when he was telling people that they needed to post or we would no lynch.

I triple downed on the vote when I felt, at a gut level, that Gamer was being put up as an alternative candidate to walrus because walrus was scum. I'm not sure who on the Gamer case is scum, if anyone, nor am I sure that Gamer is not scum himself. This is the weakest of the merk tenets.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

With two scum down I would be willing to just take the dunk today to get it out of the way. We're doing totally fine and Gamer is still going balls at me and it's wasting a lot of his time, and I'm cooling a bit on him because I really think the stuff I've posted about merk is stronger.

Besides it would bring me joy to ruin Gamers' "perfect scum finding streak" by flipping town.

I'm not going to get lynched today. There is a 0% chance that I'm getting lynched today.

What do you think of Squiggly?
What do you think walrus flipping town says about Gamer? What votes on walrus did you not like besides mine?

Give me something to work with here instead of a case that you have to know isn't going anywhere at least today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

"I am not going to get lynched today, there is 0% chance of that."

Seriously, merk, you are not God's gift to Mafia and frankly you deserve to be dunked for that statement alone.

I've already said I like the Squiggly case. I don't know why you are asking why Walrus flipping an alignment that wasn't his has anything to do with the game. If you mean scum, I'd have to check what Walrus said, if anything, about Gamer. Dude didn't have a chance to post much from what I remember.

I don't believe your explanation about what you did surrounding walrus. Frankly I don't even want to read it because of your attitude.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, buddy. Good luck.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

let's lynch quid guys

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
After doing my reread, I am going to ##vote Quinquereme, I don't like how you've basically attached yourself to merk's hip. You parrot his suspicion of walrus, and you go out of your way to say merk is practically confirmed town because walrus wanted merk lynched. I also don't like how you let people talk you out of your Quidnose vote. You also said that Gamer is town because QPQ cased him, and I am really uncomfortable with how easy you are clearing people as town. You are letting other people dictate your cases, and that shows you lack conviction in your posting.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I don't see Quid as particularly scummy. I disagree with the conclusion, but the process seems internally consistent enough.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hi wins. My mum was visiting for the weekend.

How are you?

So very busy, but ok other than that.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
The scummiest thing about Quidnose is that torrent of posting, and I buy his explanation of wanting to appease the almighty Ecco (also, grats on the A+ :) ) Also his reaction to merk is like everyone's reaction to merk, who is literally a human scumhunting bulldog when he gets his teeth in you. Arrogant though.

Gamer I have gone back and forth on, he seems to have moments where he seems town, then he'll make a post that makes me want to throttle him with the lynchstick.

wins I have no idea who you even think is scum, you've defended zzyzx (which I don't get because he's done nothing to merit a defense this game) and you've buddied up to people, but there's no effort to any of your posts. Would vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

The scummiest thing about Quidnose is that torrent of posting, and I buy his explanation of wanting to appease the almighty Ecco (also, grats on the A+ :) ) Also his reaction to merk is like everyone's reaction to merk, who is literally a human scumhunting bulldog when he gets his teeth in you. Arrogant though.

Gamer I have gone back and forth on, he seems to have moments where he seems town, then he'll make a post that makes me want to throttle him with the lynchstick.

wins I have no idea who you even think is scum, you've defended zzyzx (which I don't get because he's done nothing to merit a defense this game) and you've buddied up to people, but there's no effort to any of your posts. Would vote.

Are you saying I'm scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

Are you saying Gamer is scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

If you would vote wins, why aren't you voting wins?

This looks like a scum post.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dudes thinking.

Dude should think more and come up with a vote, tho.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

Dudes thinking.

Dude should think more and come up with a vote, tho.

This does not read like a response to someone you 100% think is scum, Gamer, what's up with that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid is totally town

I like the case on Squiggly and he has (a bit) more content that Spoonsy to go on but I wish they would both post more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

let's lynch quid guys

Seriously though, i agree with... wins I think it was who said that your casing seems earnest and townie but your conclusion doesn't add up for me.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Are you saying I'm scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

Are you saying Gamer is scum? Because I can't tell from this post.

If you would vote wins, why aren't you voting wins?

This looks like a scum post.

I don't know, you hardly posted until recently.

I don't know, and I said as much. Felt he was scum earlier, recent posting has looked better.

If you look at the post prior to the one you quoted, you'd see I made another case and a vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Quidnose posted:

This does not read like a response to someone you 100% think is scum, Gamer, what's up with that?

I'm not Keane, guy. I can be perfectly civil when you aren't the topic of discussion.

• Locked thread