Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I don't know, you hardly posted until recently.

I don't know, and I said as much. Felt he was scum earlier, recent posting has looked better.

If you look at the post prior to the one you quoted, you'd see I made another case and a vote.

Do you think it's weird that Gamer missed that as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wait missed what

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Oh wait, I see. He did make a vote.

That's fair.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Quidnose posted:

Do you think it's weird that Gamer missed that as well?

I don't make an alignment call off missing a post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

weren't

you the one pushing me?

I still feel strongly against Quidnose. I will squint at Squiggly later, too.

You actually literally made a post that was actually role fishing at the time, and I don't see how that makes my point any less valid. You were quite clearly the scum's choice for the day. Why is this surprising?

Also, Gamer pointed out something about Quid that I missed: What town doesn't immediately check who died during the night? Wouldn't a town player think to check that in case they died? The only people that can reasonably assume they are safe are scum.

##vote Quidnose

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hmm... re-reading.

Hm.

##unvote

Why is it important for him to say the exact phrase? This is your only leading argument, which Quo immediately jumps on you with.

And hasn't let up on.

Keane, why does the pedantic way he phrases the request matter and why are you so deadset on him being scum because of it, some ten posts in? That's awfully confident of you, and of Quo to saddle up with you. And Wins for that matter, later.

He asks you why and you lambast him for "rolefishing." Why does it matter? Do you think Max is scum because he phrased something differently?

This is the post in question. Keep in mind that I saw myself as the easy bandwagon vote at the time and was looking at anyone jumping on me with suspicion, given what was going on. You had already voted me, but then followed up with unvoting me for some reason and also pretty much rolefishing in the same post. I thought it was scummy.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

Let's start today like this: ##vote Squiggly

For the second time this game, why?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

Hey Squiggly, who do you think is scum now?

I'll humor you: I dunno. Two of the four people I posted about are dead and flipped scum

Gamer has a bunch of poo poo posts, but he might just be a lovely poster. Only time will tell

And for some OMGUS I don't like you merk. I remember you playing with actual reasons and contributions and so far your posts are pretty lacking in content

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

You actually literally made a post that was actually role fishing at the time, and I don't see how that makes my point any less valid. You were quite clearly the scum's choice for the day. Why is this surprising?

Also, Gamer pointed out something about Quid that I missed: What town doesn't immediately check who died during the night? Wouldn't a town player think to check that in case they died? The only people that can reasonably assume they are safe are scum.

##vote Quidnose

There were three deaths and I literally just checked quickly while I had a 5 min break in my teaching to see if I was dead and needed to pay attention to this game anymore. This is a dumb reason to vote someone, and is not play based.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Squiggly posted:

For the second time this game, why?

Why are you singling out merk when he didn't make the case on you? Why not ask why of the people who are positing cases? Everyone knows merk is being kinda lazy, I think that's scummy, but you don't make a call here. IN FACT:

Squiggly posted:

I'll humor you: I dunno. Two of the four people I posted about are dead and flipped scum

Gamer has a bunch of poo poo posts, but he might just be a lovely poster. Only time will tell

And for some OMGUS I don't like you merk. I remember you playing with actual reasons and contributions and so far your posts are pretty lacking in content

First, you don't actually answer his question, you just say "well the posted people are dead and flipped scum so there." Who do you think is scum NOW?

The thing about Gamer is hedgey and useless.

And you don't make an alignment call on merk here either, you just say you don't like him. I don't like the way he's playing this game either but I've cased him. This is crap from yooooou.

##unvote

##vote Squiggly

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't think scum would actually point out other scum doing that.

If anything I'd argue that makes FV safe.

I had a game where my scum buddy actually joke voted every single scum. I think it was actually Spoonsy.

Needless to say, we all got lynched in short order and this is some serious WIFOM

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quidnose posted:

Why are you singling out merk when he didn't make the case on you? Why not ask why of the people who are positing cases? Everyone knows merk is being kinda lazy, I think that's scummy, but you don't make a call here.

What case? That's the point. There is no case and merk voted me without actually explaining why. Did I miss somethig?

quote:

First, you don't actually answer his question

I did answer, you just didn't like it. I said I didn't know because my day 1 reads are mostly gone. You're just making a semantics argument.

Now shush and lemme finish reading what's been posted

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How dare I interrupt your playing mafia to play mafia~

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quidnose posted:

How dare I interrupt your playing mafia to play mafia~

Answer my questions sassafras. I get redirected here by my phone every time I post and I'd like to finish pages 19 and 20 before I get entangled in some stupid argument

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

100YrsofAttitude posted:

All that to say:

##vote zzyzx Who is a garbage poster and has an incredibly mealy-mouthed bus of a vote smack dab in the middle of Walrus's vote chain early enough to say he was sure of it but not so late so as to slip by unnoticed. Never does she seem convinced of her own vote because she isn't. Also, every other post is absolutely pointless and contributes nothing to the game.

I like this post. Zzyzx is bugging me too because he tends to not post when scum. All a meta read

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Given Walrus' flip this post (which is a response to Gamer voting Walrus) looks really scummy. Squiggly provides no explanation of his reasoning and I don't see a town motivation in posting this way.

I also conveniently didn't actually vote gamer. It's like it was a prod for a reaction

:ssh:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Squiggly posted:

What case? That's the point. There is no case and merk voted me without actually explaining why. Did I miss somethig?

Merk has not posted a case on you, correct. It is also not unreasonable for him to say "I like the cases other people have made" and vote for you for that reason. Are you saying that is not what he is doing?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this series of posts from Squiggly are very scummy.

(When merk revotes walrus)

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

##vote Squiggly

I focused votes off of walrus by...drawing attention to the number of votes on him? I...like...what? Even CCKeane agreed with me that people needed to back off and wait for a claim because that's what happens in mafia

But if you really think my weak cry for everyone to leave him at -2 rather than -1 was a ploy to get attention off of walrus, I just don't even know what to tell ya man. Except that it's really awful reasoning and some other ad hominem attacks

You're letting one post color the rest of my actions, without merit I do believe

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quidnose posted:

Merk has not posted a case on you, correct. It is also not unreasonable for him to say "I like the cases other people have made" and vote for you for that reason. Are you saying that is not what he is doing?

I'm saying I don't see a case on me until page 20, after merk's post. So no, I don't think he is doing that

BUT if he is doing that, I think he should be able to put it into writing, don't you? Why are you literally speaking for merk?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Squiggly posted:

I like this post. Zzyzx is bugging me too because he tends to not post when scum. All a meta read

I'm pretty sure 100yrs just hadn't gotten to d2 in his re-read and that's why he posted that, but you've supposedly been following along. I've made several posts about stuff, go read them.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity on the day - finally free of meetings for half an hour (before I go back into meetings)

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the case against me is that I me too and low effort post? Okay. Good to know. Sorry I wasn't vocal enough on having been convinced by a post that turned out to be correct in IDing a scum.

I see a lot of posts from Quid overnight. A bunch of them are short. I'm still not completely comfortable with the timing thing of yesterday given the Walrus flip.

I'm really not getting any scum vibe off Gamer at all. Nothing he's done would really indicate to me that he's not town.

Also @ Squiggly I totally think that was me that one time and yeah we all died in short order because logic.

So yeah, that's my low effort post of the afternoon. Sorry I don't have time to dig into everyone's accusations at the moment, but that's how I feel right now. Also I am strung out on accidentally under-diluted cold brew coffee.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Squiggly posted:

I'm saying I don't see a case on me until page 20, after merk's post. So no, I don't think he is doing that

BUT if he is doing that, I think he should be able to put it into writing, don't you? Why are you literally speaking for merk?

I confused you and Spoonsy. I retract everything I said.

I actually just typed "you and Squiggly," bahahaha

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

I see a lot of posts from Quid overnight. A bunch of them are short. I'm still not completely comfortable with the timing thing of yesterday given the Walrus flip.

What does this mean.

Are you being sarcastic about my posts being short?

quote:

I'm really not getting any scum vibe off Gamer at all. Nothing he's done would really indicate to me that he's not town.

Did you read my gamer case?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

zzyzx posted:

I'm pretty sure 100yrs just hadn't gotten to d2 in his re-read and that's why he posted that, but you've supposedly been following along. I've made several posts about stuff, go read them.

Wow apparently I blocked out everything after your joke posts. I had no recollection after that and I do apologize. I like you a lot more now

I would like to add, however, that while reading it came to my attention that you also made the mistake of analyzing my vote on gamer as a real post as well. Second person to do this. Did you all forget Ecco's rule about unvoting or what

Is this the "case" on me?

Like yeah I get that it could be scummy if I had actually broken the tie or tried to take momentum away from the walrus train but...I didn't? I'm actually wondering if y'all didn't read the vote counts, Ecco's rules, or are just hitting the view all posts thing. Super confused

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Wow apparently I blocked out everything after your joke posts. I had no recollection after that and I do apologize. I like you a lot more now

I would like to add, however, that while reading it came to my attention that you also made the mistake of analyzing my vote on gamer as a real post as well. Second person to do this. Did you all forget Ecco's rule about unvoting or what

Is this the "case" on me?

Like yeah I get that it could be scummy if I had actually broken the tie or tried to take momentum away from the walrus train but...I didn't? I'm actually wondering if y'all didn't read the vote counts, Ecco's rules, or are just hitting the view all posts thing. Super confused

This has also been confusing for me, but I was actually there when you made that post about holding back on Walrus at the time.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Squiggly posted:

(quoting Gamer)

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

What are you trying to do here if not vote for Gamer?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

This is why I'm voting you. You lightly touched two of those four people. It looks like distancing.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

zzyzx posted:

What are you trying to do here if not vote for Gamer?

Squiggly posted:

I also conveniently didn't actually vote gamer. It's like it was a prod for a reaction

:ssh:

I didn't like the post, correct. Didn't mean I actually wanted to vote him though. I feel like there's a difference between the two

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

This is why I'm voting you. You lightly touched two of those four people. It looks like distancing.

I ended the day voting quid I dunno what to tell ya man

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
SORRY MY SCUMDAR IS TOO GOOD

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
ICR'S OFFICIAL DAY 2 VOTECOUNT!!!!!!

Squiggly (3): Merk fiery_valkyrie Quidnose
Quidnose (2): Gamerofthegame Max
Spoonsy (2): Hal Incandenza zzyzx
Max (1): Quinquereme
Quinquereme: (1) WHICH WAY MADNESS
zzyzx (1): 100YrsofAttitude
Merk (0): Quidnose

100YrsofAttitude (0)
Amoeba102 (0)
fiery_valkyrie (0)
Gamerofthegame (0)
Hal Incandenza (0)
Nth Doctor (0)
Puntification (0)
chaoslord (0)
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0)
wins32767

Not that anyone's done it yet, but make sure to :siren: ##unvote before you ##vote again.:siren:

Iron Chef Ramen fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 15, 2015

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Squiggly posted:

I didn't like the post, correct. Didn't mean I actually wanted to vote him though. I feel like there's a difference between the two

Ok, so if you claim you were looking for a reaction, what are your conclusions?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Max posted:

FV, how do you feel about Gamer in light of the fact that he was quite obviously the other bandwagon that the scum team was pushing.

I think he's very unlikely to be scum given the way QPQ was talking about him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

wins32767 posted:

How is that different from normal zzyzx play?

I have no idea. Never played with them.

Max posted:

This I do agree with, and when I actually have the energy I want to go back and really look at who was actively pushing for Gamer to happen yesterday, since he was pretty clearly the scum team's focus.

Haven't thought about this angle. It's an interesting point.

merk posted:

I'm not going to get lynched today. There is a 0% chance that I'm getting lynched today.

Just because I agree doesn't mean I can't hate the arrogance in this comment.

zzyzx posted:

##unvote I had read D2 before reading D1 but I didn't re-read it in light of my new contextualization. What I don't get however is your junk posting even after your vote on D1 and that generally bad vote on your part.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I had read D2 before reading D1 but I didn't re-read it in light of my new contextualization. What I don't get however is your junk posting even after your vote on D1 and that generally bad vote on your part.

You said it was an "odd" and "bussy" vote, and now it's "generally bad". What don't you like about it?

Likewise, I'm not sure what junk posts you're thinking of. Any in particular?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's not arrogance. It's truth.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm going to ##unvote because I thought I meant Spoonsy over Squiggly but I'm voting Squiggly and honestly I have no idea what the gently caress at this point. Ughhhh

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Quidnose posted:

I'm going to ##unvote because I thought I meant Spoonsy over Squiggly but I'm voting Squiggly and honestly I have no idea what the gently caress at this point. Ughhhh

See what buying lightning cables gets you, kids? A pluses and not knowing what the gently caress.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So, my current thinking is that there are 3 killing roles so I'd wager the scum team is probably pretty small at this point. With two of their members already dead, they're likely to be really demoralized and lurking or frustrated. Based on punt's posts today, he's a pretty good candidate using those criteria.

##vote punt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

wins32767 posted:

So, my current thinking is that there are 3 killing roles so I'd wager the scum team is probably pretty small at this point. With two of their members already dead, they're likely to be really demoralized and lurking or frustrated. Based on punt's posts today, he's a pretty good candidate using those criteria.

##vote punt

Ok let me respond with a post of similar quality: lol @ u

• Locked thread