Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
New batch of cars

1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
1966 McLaren M2B

1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
1969 Toyota 2000GT
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2
1976 McLaren #11 Marlboro Team McLaren M23
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1984 Ferrari GTO
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
1986 BMW M635CSi
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1992 Bugatti EB110 SS
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
1993 Renault Clio Williams
1995 Ferrari F50
1997 Volvo 850 R
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
1998 Toyota Supra RZ
1998 Volkswagen GTI VR6 Mk3
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2001 Audi RS 4 Avant
2004 Saleen S7
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2013 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG
2014 Honda Civic Si
2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
2014 Rolls Royce Wraith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
:( No FC RX-7 again? If i had to have the crappy carb early one, or the turbo wedge from initial d i think its an easy decision. I think someone influencial on the staff owns an FB, and its triggered some kind of "Too many RX7's" policy decision.

edit: i think The GSL-SE has the 13b. My reading comprehension has failed me.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

posted:

1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport

:eyepop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

:( No FC RX-7 again? If i had to have the crappy carb early one, or the turbo wedge from initial d i think its an easy decision. I think someone influencial on the staff owns an FB, and its triggered some kind of "Too many RX7's" policy decision.

edit: i think The GSL-SE has the 13b. My reading comprehension has failed me.

hi i have a carbureted rx7, suck on my dick, oval office

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
LOL

I actually like how this car list is shaping up.

We're 2 months out now!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I only bolded the cars new to the series, the 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport was in FH2 and so far it looks like we are getting all FM5 and FH2 cars as staples, no?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Yea it's looking drat good. The McLaren M2B looks like a beast of a car. Just let us know the rest of the tracks!!!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Willow Springs would be nice.

Also the ability to have strictly Formula 1 races or GT3 spec ones. Forza's solution to class races is sparse.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

hi i have a carbureted rx7, suck on my dick, oval office

Point A: I love the SA/FB and wish i had one, you have great taste in cars for driving one, i dont think you'd dispute its a crappy performance car. (In the same way that the Mercury capsule is a crappy performance spaceship)

I'm all for it being in the game, i'd even put it in my top 20 most wanted cars. But when they added it i felt like they took a look at the list of RX7s (and 8s) in the game and said "Wow, we dont want to do the GT skyline thing, remove one or two of them". And they did. So i have to ask myself: If i had to lose one of the three RX7s, which one would it be? Just speculating for the sake of speculation. I'm also happy with how the car list is shaping up.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 15, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Willow Springs would be nice.

Also the ability to have strictly Formula 1 races or GT3 spec ones. Forza's solution to class races is sparse.
You can have an F1 spec race in FM5. Just get paints and you can have a Ferrari Lotus F1, a Mercedes Lotus F1, a Williams-Martini Lotus F1, etc. etc. etc.

I agree with you but I bet the licensing costs for these cars in particular are astronomical. The Lotus car has Microsoft sponsorship so I'm sure that plays into it. I bet the cars from the lower spec series aren't that much though. Hell, they have the whole loving Formula-E grid. It would be cool to see 5 or 6 of the old OLD race cars though. At least it looks like they're trying.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No, I mean actually creating an offline race. Forza 5 doesn't allow anything beyond the letterered class choices when dictating the the AI field. Sorry. I could've phrased that better.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, and it's been brutally painful for at least 4 games now to try and limit by year or PI in lobbies or offline races. Have fun spending 6 minutes going down 1 PI at a time until you get to 350, and then you get to do it again down to 370. (or whatever.)

They really need to put cars into groups so you can just pick "70's Trans Am" or "50's Classic Roadsters", "D class NO loving PT CRUISERS" etc.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Adding more filtering options would just be wonderful. It's such a dumb thing that I kept thinking I was overlooking it in the options menu.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Oh, well I totally agree with you on that. Setting up custom lobbies/single player races is a pain in the rear end.

In FM4 I have a badass PT Cruiser, I forget if it's in C or D class, and when I won public races with it people would be SO MAD it was great.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I would assume that was one of many dumb aspects (the stupid tablet-style car selection menu being another) that was meant to cover up the game having fewer cars. If i set "French cars, under 2500 pounds, 4 cylinder, it might only have two or three cars in forza 4. In forza 5 that number would be 1 or 0 too often and that must look bad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

In FM4 I have a badass PT Cruiser, I forget if it's in C or D class, and when I won public races with it people would be SO MAD it was great.

I believe it was in C class, same as my PT Cruiser. Bad cars that are competitive are the best cars.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Something about the introduction of the 4WD swap made forza worse for me. I accept and love 4wd swaps when its a car where it makes sense (attaching a 4wd golf drivetrain to a faster, FWD golf). But just throwing it around willy nilly means lower class hoppers have been full of 4wd engine swapped hatchbacks for some time now.'

Barring a pair of forum build threads (in varying stages of completion) some cars are simply not swapped to 4wd, and i think it would be better to introduce trim levels just as cube suggested.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Buy 100 bucks of Xbox gift cards, get 15 bucks off. So far so good. That baller Forza 6 package for $85 is pretty decent.

edit: Got the codes and bought F6 Ultimate Edition. See you dorks on September 10th.

http://www.ebay.com/sme/paypal_digi...53D867766245645

bloops fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 16, 2015

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can one of the Wheel-spergs explain why you want belt drive over gear drive?

the helical gears in that new logitech wheel shouldnt have much lash or noise (helical gears are used in actual gearboxes for this reason) and wouldnt be prone to the elasticity of belts stretching under high load.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Buy 100 bucks of Xbox gift cards, get 15 bucks off. So far so good. That baller Forza 6 package for $85 is pretty decent.

edit: Got the codes and bought F6 Ultimate Edition. See you dorks on September 10th.

http://www.ebay.com/sme/paypal_digi...53D867766245645

Thanks for the heads up, doing the same!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Laserface posted:

Can one of the Wheel-spergs explain why you want belt drive over gear drive?

the helical gears in that new logitech wheel shouldnt have much lash or noise (helical gears are used in actual gearboxes for this reason) and wouldnt be prone to the elasticity of belts stretching under high load.

Because metal on metal (or more likely at these price points, plastic on plastic) transmitted through a 4" spindle directly into the palms of your hands feels definitely grittier and more notchy, and since the point of a wheel is to replicate reality it feels a lot less like a real car's steering wheel. The belts that the belt-driven ones are using now are kevlar and are essentially stretchless.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
More tracks! Lime Rock is official.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_4

I've seen this track detailed in Car and Driver a couple times and it looks like a blast.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Ford F-100 baby, great news!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Yesss. You race on lime rock a lot early in Iracing and it's got a lot of fun qualities and corners. I love any track that goes right from a jump into a heavy braking zone :)

If I'm not mistaken, the Ford F100 has been in the last 2 or 3 forza games. I have one in 5 right now for online drifting in the falkin livery.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Ugh, not a fan of that. Track is too short. Anything with decent speed is gonna be sub-one minute lap times. Imagine that with 24-car grids. Gonna be a Trulli Train around the whole track. Track is narrow and difficult to pass on. Not a problem for good drivers, but playing it in public lobbies is going to be very frustrating. I know the track is popular and everyone likes it, but it's not a good pick for this game. T-10 made a bad choice on this one. They already had an awesome track representing New England, just give us that.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

I know the track is popular and everyone likes it, but it's not a good pick for this game.

These seem a little contradictory

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Goddamnit, I know they probably won't do it, but it'd be so perfect if we got the Robby Gordon Stadium Truck from Horizon 2 and they added a Long Beach with the ramps and such from the real race there. It shouldn't even be that hard to do.

(And then we get 20 goons to race there in Bugattis :getin:)

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

These seem a little contradictory
It is, but if you think about it, it makes sense. People love Lime Rock, a simple google or youtube search can show you that. But short, narrow tracks don't suit Forza well. Think about how much of a shitshow a public lobby can be with people trying to pass on the Ring. A narrow track can work in something like iRacing where there are consequences for wrecking, but people in Forza don't drive like that.

Calling it now, this will be one of the worst lobby tracks in the game.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ugh, not a fan of that. Track is too short. Anything with decent speed is gonna be sub-one minute lap times. Imagine that with 24-car grids. Gonna be a Trulli Train around the whole track. Track is narrow and difficult to pass on.

In isolation this is exactly what i want. I love love love driving in traffic. What i dont like is being in third while the top 2 drive away from me at an equal rate to the bottom 5 falling behind. Thats just lonely hot lapping, and is usually my Forza 5 experience. 1 mile and less tracks let me lap people at least so i get to see other cars on track.

Long beach west is my favorite track in the game because they removed Tsukba short.

It is, but if you think about it, it makes sense. People love Lime Rock, a simple google or youtube search can show you that. But short, narrow tracks don't suit Forza well. Think about how much of a shitshow a public lobby can be with people trying to pass on the Ring. A narrow track can work in something like iRacing where there are consequences for wrecking, but people in Forza don't drive like that.

Calling it now, this will be one of the worst lobby tracks in the game.

If you race with pubbies you have to expect car contact (often however they surprise me with clean races). Just enjoy what you can and let the crashes run off of you like water from a duck. I'd love to see some form of "opt-in" safety rating system or a similar but less intrusive/harsh gameplay mechanic to encourage clean driving. But in a world where the game auto-updates your car to the top of the class and throws you into a 5 minute race, i dont even bother to hope.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 22, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Aren't you like loving horrible driving in traffic though?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
If you say so (eat a dick)

I dont usually get to race in traffic because of the aforementioned long tracks :)

L_Harrison posted:

Goddamnit, I know they probably won't do it, but it'd be so perfect if we got the Robby Gordon Stadium Truck from Horizon 2 and they added a Long Beach with the ramps and such from the real race there. It shouldn't even be that hard to do.

(And then we get 20 goons to race there in Bugattis :getin:)

I'd be shocked if something like this doesnt end up in game eventually. They had plenty of off-road trucks in horizon 2, and already have the tech to place things on track from that top gear london challenge level. Judging by how many DLC cars seem to be ending up in 6, the system in place for creating cars compatible with multiple games would make it a waste not to put in a few "Island of storms" DLC vehicles. Veyrons, goons and ramps do sound like good fun.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 22, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lime Rock Park owns and we're rapidly running out of real-world tracks I'd like to see in Forza. It will be a fun and good track.

e: is there a google docs of the car list somewhere? I thought someone posted one here but I skimmed the thread and cannot find it.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 24, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

maple valley :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

maple valley :negative:

Brands Hatch really makes Maple Valley obsolete anyway, it'd be like if they brought back Blue Mountain now that we have Bathurst.

I would rather they didn't give us Daytona and instead brought back Sunset Infield, however. The Daytona roval is not very good whereas Sunset Infield is pretty fun, and the ovals themselves are totally interchangeable.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 24, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cubey posted:

Brands Hatch really makes Maple Valley obsolete anyway,.

It doesn't.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

It doesn't.

They have pretty similar driving characteristics. I mean I'd love Maple Valley to be back in Forza, but if it's a choice between an awesome fantasy track and an awesome real-world track, I'll take the real-world track.

Then again, the fact that we're even having this conversation is kinda hosed; Maple Valley is to Forza what Trial Mountain is to Gran Turismo. Forza now has none of the made-up tracks that were in the first game and that's a bummer.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Only just found this thread (I tend not to come to Games very often), but the week before E3 I went to visit Turn 10 for an exclusive first look at the game: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/forza-motorsport-6-getting-dark-and-wet-in-a-world-first-hands-on/

In case you were wondering how they actually model everything.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I have a pet theory that laser scanning tracks is a lot easier than creating all the detail by hand with artists. Original tracks seem to be falling away, and the most recent ones i dont like (Bernie's alps). Camino Viejo/Monserrat Test track was one of my favorites. Either one was a lot of fun to race on, but When i did the "Extreme" version for the first time and it made a hard right onto another track i'd raced on :woop:

Is Tsukuba unlikely to return?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Cubey posted:

Forza now has none of the made-up tracks that were in the first game and that's a bummer.
Alpine Ring was great, it was like the Red Bull Ring but better. Never cared much for Blue Mountain, although that is probably due to the fact I had to attempt that one loving Viper vs. Corvette race a million times. Maple Valley was the best, of course.

Also, I just read that "Players will be able to choose between the existing drivatar algorithm, which resulted in occasionally unpredictable behavior, or one that features more consistent drivers", which is the best news ever. I was playing Forza 5 last night and cussing at the drivatars who would chop in front of me, brake in the middle of straights or just simply ram me off the road. No wonder Forza 5 no longer has you pay the repair bills, you'd be spending half your winnings after each race.

edit: drivatars at Long Beach oh my loving god :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The clusterfuck at the fountain is pretty much how I expect multiplayer races to go there. You bump your way through and piss people off, or you get rammed from behind. There's no other option.

• Locked thread