Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Lol nobody even quoted my nice 3p post. Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

gently caress it quid I agree with you. ##vote ANarc

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BottleKnight posted:

Why the sudden change of tune?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

AN if you're telling the truth about your role what do you say to dunking BK today and seeing if he flips scum? He and PMush have been acting weird.

PMush has been trying hard to push a narrative of me as potential scum today, whereas you've just been really confused about what my deal is.
BK just flipflopped on to you for really little reason.

Thoughts?

##unvote

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidnose posted:

AN if you're telling the truth about your role what do you say to dunking BK today and seeing if he flips scum? He and PMush have been acting weird.

PMush has been trying hard to push a narrative of me as potential scum today, whereas you've just been really confused about what my deal is.

Thoughts?

##unvote
Holy poo poo Quid what are you doing

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

I guess you're right now that I'm typing it out, since currently scum have to choose between:

-offing AN as cop if they are telling the truth
-offing one of Kleedrac/me or BK/PMush which will confirm the other if AN is telling the truth
-offing a lurker which decreases the pool of possible remaining scum if AN is telling the truth

....then I guess giving them more viable options to go murder does help them, you're right.

I just feel like I could solve this if I knew what everyone made since we've all been distributing items since Santa was offed. It's frustrating.
This is why I don't think AN should be lynched. AN can confirm an additional two people this night unless of course *roleblock* but... if not, we get info to confirm/un-confirm AN either way.

My hunch is I'm gonna push either an MMM or Amni lynch but neither of them posts poo poo except for MMM recently, but I doubt MMM's posting still has anything worth gleaning a read from.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Holy poo poo Quid what are you doing

Trying to find scum through discussion and active play. What are YOU doing, Miss "Wait for my night action TRUST ME HERE?"

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

Thoughts?

##unvote

I'd say you were acting weirder than them. They clearly have a pro town plan in place. Just chill out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

BottleKnight posted:

Don't throw this away for town, BK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Trying to find scum through discussion and active play. What are YOU doing, Miss "Wait for my night action TRUST ME HERE?"
Calling you a possible godfather to gauge reactions. Including your own.

Especially since for all your analysis, you never once brought up the possibility.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'd say you were acting weirder than them. They clearly have a pro town plan in place. Just chill out.

A protown play that involves BK flipping off the plan?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Calling you a possible godfather to gauge reactions. Including your own.

Especially since for all your analysis, you never once brought up the possibility.

Ah yes, the two Godfather setup, with a flipped cop. Very balanced.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I wanna vote lurker Amni over lurker-until-today-but-still-poo poo-for-reads MMM

##vote Amnistar

... based mostly off LuTR trying to call off the lynch.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I trust PMush. IDK what's going on with BK.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Amnistar (2): Kleedrac, Runaktla
MMM Whatchya Say (2): AnonymousNarcotics, Poison Mushroom
AnonymousNarcotics (2): MMM Whatchya Say, BottleKnight

Not Voting (3): Amnistar, Mithross, Quidnose

With 9 participants, it's 5 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 16th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Holy poo poo dudes .... I spend one night with friends from out of town and the thread goes crazy!;

If I had to guess right now, I'd say mithross and runaktla are town while mmm and amni are scum

Poison Mushroom posted:

Quid, you've been really pushy and hasty today, and it's really bugging me a lot. Why are you in such a hurry to get a full claim?

I keep coming back to the idea of another 3P, and right now, I'm absolutely considering the possibility that you might not actually be town.

These posts stood out as WTF moments. Though Quid read my mind pre-emptively.

Quidnose posted:

If I'm scum then Kleedrac is also scum and there are 2 scum left.

If I am a 3p then AN is lying.

Otherwise, I'm town.

Which is it, Pmush, because you've been fairly certain that AN is telling the truth.

AN: Your role seems weird and people seem to forget this is a Met game! Weird roles are par for the course here and it fits in my world view. That said because I trust your role I trust Quidnose as town implicitly. Which is kinda redundant as he pointed out he vigged one scum and led the train on another - either the scumchat will be 5 pages of "gently caress YOU QUID" or he's on our side.

Quid: I don't know about the AN lynch - you're right about one big thing - we're ahead. We are winning - with 5/9 players confirmed as town if you believe AN (which I do) we can literally just spend the next 4 days killing lurkers and bad claims and win anyhow. Lynching someone on our side is a bad play as it denies our advantage tomorrow as we lose one town (I think) today and another tonight making it 3/7 confirmed(ish) tomorrow - that's bad dude.

Amnistar: I'd be fine with lynching him but can we get Met to prod the bastard because perhaps he should just be modkilled at this point?

Runaktla: Just claim dude - the only reason not to claim is because you've run out of good town claims to give

MMM: It is very suspicious that just as we mentioned getting a lurker lynch you pop in and then immediately get defensive and bitchy. You're using feels to shove around players who are actually playing the game and then taking a bitch attitude of you didn't wanna play anyway - if you didn't wanna play then gently caress off - get replaced or go cry in a corner - no one put a gun to your head to play man seriously.

I'd be fine hanging any of Amnistar, Runaktla, or MMM. I really don't want to lynch AN or Quid. If you have any questions on my stance just ask but I warn you my filters kinda broken today as I'm tired as gently caress - but sacrifices to the sleep gods must be made from time to time :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, you make a good point that if we are actually at 5/9 chasing our tails for a bit isn't that big of a deal. I was looking at it the other way around and thinking MUST WIN NOW WE ARE DOING SO WELL.

What do you think of MMM's snuggler claim? Do you believe it?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kleedrac posted:

These posts stood out as WTF moments. Though Quid read my mind pre-emptively.
Reading the posts you quoted (which stood out as WTF moments according to you):

1. The first one from AN considering Mithross/Me are town and Amni/MMM are scum... I get it. I cared/attempted to prevent a claimed cop-ish role from being lynched, so if AN is town of course AN would say I'm being town-ish. I dunno about Mithross but I was generally ok with Mithross' play, and AN said its a guess anyways. I don't see what's so WTF about that.

2. The second one from PMush, I agree with it. Quid's complete shift in play threw me for a loop too. I ultimately don't think Quid's scummy but you never know. I just don't see what's so WTF about that either.

What am I missing?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't know why people are making a big deal of me showing up and posting after you guys discussed me not posting. That's the desired result of hassling lurkers right?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Am I the only one who is completely baffled by "The way you are acting in thread and what you have claimed and done is making me think you are scum, Quid" as valid to the point of consideration, while rejecting my hypothesis of "The way you are acting in thread and what you have claimed and done is making me think you are scum, AN!" without a second thought?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Runaktla posted:

Reading the posts you quoted (which stood out as WTF moments according to you):

1. The first one from AN considering Mithross/Me are town and Amni/MMM are scum... I get it. I cared/attempted to prevent a claimed cop-ish role from being lynched, so if AN is town of course AN would say I'm being town-ish. I dunno about Mithross but I was generally ok with Mithross' play, and AN said its a guess anyways. I don't see what's so WTF about that.

2. The second one from PMush, I agree with it. Quid's complete shift in play threw me for a loop too. I ultimately don't think Quid's scummy but you never know. I just don't see what's so WTF about that either.

What am I missing?

I don't like this post. Panders to both AN and PMush while still being spurrious about Mithross who is a dubious entity, and outright ignores Kleedrac's statement about why claiming is a good idea.

I am leaning Runa over MMM now.

##vote Runalktla

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DO YOU BELIEVE ANARC OR NOT QUIDNOSE?

You are insufferable.

This game is barely fun.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm wondering why quidnose is so resistant to voting mmm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Like you say we're barely playing, it's gonna be a long day, why aren't you guys agreeing with me ugh, and then when I finally buy that you probably have the right idea you switch on me and say I'm being weird?

Stop doing ANY emotional appeals in this game since your priorities appear to be hosed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh my god. Why are you soft pushing me as scum.

First of all, that's not true, I am happy to end this day right now because discussion is going nowhere and this is insufferable. I put MMM at -1 and would happily move back, but I don't see any scum play from him - he's been disengaged and frustrated. I moved to Runak because he's doing what looks like actively blowing smoke.

But really, AN, you've floated this idea of me as scum so loving much today, and it's just ridiculous. Pease posit a scenario where you can see me viably being part of the scum team. Go. I'll wait.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Like you say we're barely playing, it's gonna be a long day, why aren't you guys agreeing with me ugh, and then when I finally buy that you probably have the right idea you switch on me and say I'm being weird?

Stop doing ANY emotional appeals in this game since your priorities appear to be hosed.

OK, gently caress this. Just loving end this day or I'm going to remove myself from the game by using what I am 95% certain is the rigged vig that LutR sent to me. Then you guys can do whatever the gently caress you want and I get to stop caring without ending the day by encouraging you to just dunk me.

This is the stupidest loving bullshit I have seen.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote MMM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

OK, gently caress this. Just loving end this day or I'm going to remove myself from the game by using what I am 95% certain is the rigged vig that LutR sent to me. Then you guys can do whatever the gently caress you want and I get to stop caring without ending the day by encouraging you to just dunk me.

This is the stupidest loving bullshit I have seen.

Your intensity is a double-edged sword, quidnose. I'm sorry we don't all agree with you immediately all the time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Heyyyyy. Ease up, guys. This is a game we play for fun.

Deadline is tomorrow night. You have time to take a break.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Your intensity is a double-edged sword, quidnose. I'm sorry we don't all agree with you immediately all the time.

I'm sorry you're being an rear end in a top hat for no reason and presenting it as playing mafia.

I'm taking a break from the thread.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I'm sorry you're being an rear end in a top hat for no reason and presenting it as playing mafia.

I'm taking a break from the thread.

You're right, the reason I listed is actually not a reason. Thanks.

Yeah I'll ##unvote and read some more before tomorrow.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, you make a good point that if we are actually at 5/9 chasing our tails for a bit isn't that big of a deal. I was looking at it the other way around and thinking MUST WIN NOW WE ARE DOING SO WELL.

What do you think of MMM's snuggler claim? Do you believe it?

It seems weird to me - but as I said earlier - this is a Met game and weird roles have a home here - I can buy it but I dislike the idea that he's town and hasn't used his not-limited-use ability more than once this game.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't know why people are making a big deal of me showing up and posting after you guys discussed me not posting. That's the desired result of hassling lurkers right?

It's a big deal because if you're so disengaged and don't wanna play anyhow you wouldn't be religiously reading the thread to post the minute you're prodded. Does that make sense?

Met posted:

Heyyyyy. Ease up, guys. This is a game we play for fun.

Deadline is tomorrow night. You have time to take a break.

Hey Met, wanna prod Amnistar or kill em - I don't frankly care which at this point.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

Oh my god. Why are you soft pushing me as scum.

First of all, that's not true, I am happy to end this day right now because discussion is going nowhere and this is insufferable. I put MMM at -1 and would happily move back, but I don't see any scum play from him - he's been disengaged and frustrated. I moved to Runak because he's doing what looks like actively blowing smoke.

But really, AN, you've floated this idea of me as scum so loving much today, and it's just ridiculous. Pease posit a scenario where you can see me viably being part of the scum team. Go. I'll wait.

Ummm (from 2 pages ago)

I don't think you're scum, quid. I just think this course of action is the wrong one and you're being very pushy about it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

It's a big deal because if you're so disengaged and don't wanna play anyhow you wouldn't be religiously reading the thread to post the minute you're prodded. Does that make sense?

Ah, I think I've engaged at this point. I think the disengaged part is what happened before not what's true now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anyway quid is so obviously town it hurts. Mechanically it is impossible in my eyes for quid to be scum.

ANarc not so much.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ummm (from 2 pages ago)

Then why even bother to ask me what the intent of my actions is? If you believe me 100% to be town, then you have no reason to question me in the manner that you did. "Do you think MMM is scum, Quid, because I don't get the sense you want to vote him?" doesn't attempt to undercut me as a town member, although it is a question I've already answered when PMush asked it. But the way you phrased it by saying "I wonder what Quidnose is doing here" basically translates to "I wonder what Quidnose knows that we don't" or "I wonder if we can trust Quidnose's intent" which ultimately translates to "I wonder if we can really believe that Quid is scum."

This is a pattern of subtly undercutting my town status throughout the game, not through outright analysis or questioning, but subtle jabs, and it's why I don't trust you. Here are a bunch of examples I'll let the thread examine:

Implying my pushing to not do this plan is not pro town

My response to this is exactly what I said before - this is like suggesting to kill a cop to test his claims. I'm an investigative role and you are doubting me.

I asked Met and my action will still go through before I die. So if I match correctly, those people will be informed of the match even if I die.

If I had nothing left to offer the town I'd say sure, kill me. But why should I do it today when I have more to give?

Your insistence on dunking me today is strange.

A narrative of doubting your obviously townie intentions with an open ended question designed to make people question my intentions.

In other games do you normally suggest lynching the cop to make sure he's telling the truth?

Subtly implying that my intentions are not town minded by making a hidden meta case on me.

Ever since I floated this as a possibility you have tried to dump suspicion on me in subtle ways really hard. I really, truly believe you have responded from a place of desperation and that you replies do not look like what I would expect a town member when we are this far ahead to have. You continue to push this narrative of me as irrational, emotional, and flailing scum without outright saying that so you can point back to the fact that you have called me town several times, and it's working because PMush and BK are both doubting that I have been working in towns best interest this entire game. And you CONTINUE to push this narrative even now. At the very least it is not protown. At the worst it is scummy. I don't like it and I do not trust your ridiculous role.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I say throughout the game but really it's just been since I floated this idea. I was remembering her doing this beforehand but what I was remembering was AN just shutting me down and refusing to talk about anything any time I brought up "I don't get how your role is pro-town" day after day after day.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This is exactly why I don't play mafia. I'm only playing this game bc Met asked me to. Look at my last few games (pecan pie and swolfia come to mind) where I was attacked and knew it was bullshit because I know my own alignment and when I tried to defend myself I ended up dunked.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'll still vote AN quid. I agree with clearing half the town and I think she is probably 3p anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is exactly why I don't play mafia. I'm only playing this game bc Met asked me to. Look at my last few games (pecan pie and swolfia come to mind) where I was attacked and knew it was bullshit because I know my own alignment and when I tried to defend myself I ended up dunked.

What is this? Nobody is voting you except MMM who half the thread is ok with dunking. Why are you acting like you are at -1?

• Locked thread