Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You're full of good ideas. I'll get around to it. Opop gets first dibs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Foxtrot owns and is probably better but there's so much energy in Lamb

Ok switch to Foxtrot and just listen to the title track of Lamb

I really enjoyed Foxtrot. Selling England by the Pound was solid, though I only really truly enjoyed the opening track. When he cries out The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, you can feel his joy and emotion and it's pretty great. I didn't do the rest of the album though.

Working on his solo stuff.

So far Gabriel Genesis >>>>>>> x1000 over Collins Genesis imo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You're full of good ideas. I'll get around to it. Opop gets first dibs.

You realize we ran one together already, yeah? Like, you and me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

Let's assume the difference between games not on the wiki but in votefinder and games not on votefinder but in the wiki comes out to about 200 games (there is probably a way to discover this but it would probably be REALLY tedious). I mean essentially I just want to make it an even 1000, this is bad social science but whatever.

edit: nevermind I misread this

I am actually surprised there have only been that many games on vote finder

JakeP fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 16, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

You realize we ran one together already, yeah? Like, you and me.

I do realize that but I don't remember the mechanics all that well because I was busy learning all I could about Green Lantern to write it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh and Taste Peter Gabriel is incredibly good. I loved the first half of his first solo album the 2nd half was good but not as good and obviously Solsbury Hill is just a giant of a song. So is the better album and is just incredibly good. That's how you write soulful pop. It's not even a close or fair comparison to compare him with Collins, since the only link they have is having fronted Genesis, but the contrast between them and what they do is pretty shocking.

Anyway, thank you for those suggestions.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm bored, mafia thread.

I am bored in the office.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I'm bored, mafia thread.

I'm procrastinating working on a English to French translation on Haitian rara music. Riveting stuff. Also my cat is sleeping on my desk while we both try to deal with the current heatwave. I'm listening to Blur.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I'm bored, mafia thread.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh and Taste Peter Gabriel is incredibly good. I loved the first half of his first solo album the 2nd half was good but not as good and obviously Solsbury Hill is just a giant of a song. So is the better album and is just incredibly good. That's how you write soulful pop. It's not even a close or fair comparison to compare him with Collins, since the only link they have is having fronted Genesis, but the contrast between them and what they do is pretty shocking.

Anyway, thank you for those suggestions.

I'm glad you liked it :)

Allen was clutch with suggesting Foxtrot

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone know how to speak Haitian Creole? Seems like a pretty interesting language.

Also I love how much Blur's Leisure is inspired by the Stone Roses (There's No Other Way especially) and is just tinged by shoe-gaze. They're a fun band to follow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

http://www.sporcle.com/games/JustineVogt/harperleenovels

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is a Rolecop & Tracker Mafia has ended in a confused but correct town victory!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

I'm bored, mafia thread.

Same.

I thought you were leaving the office for field work?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm procrastinating working on a English to French translation on Haitian rara music. Riveting stuff. Also my cat is sleeping on my desk while we both try to deal with the current heatwave. I'm listening to Blur.

I am between projects at work, so I am in the office instead of out in the field.

I had worked office jobs before and hated them, and working in the field was incredibly liberating. So being back in the office, even for a few weeks, kind of stinks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've moved to doing online chats instead of phone support. So far so good, and I'm well on my way to never speaking to another human being again

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I am between projects at work, so I am in the office instead of out in the field.

I had worked office jobs before and hated them, and working in the field was incredibly liberating. So being back in the office, even for a few weeks, kind of stinks.

I feel that - I worked as a field technician for a few years and liked it a lot (especially on summer days with nice weather), but am stuck with the "dilemma" of working in a really good office.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You've mentioned that before. I hope you can bear up. My best friend had similar experiences working for a non-profit Anti-Aids organization. She loved going out meeting people and explaining what Aids was about and why condoms were the tops and all that but the bureaucracy and office work drove her away. So now she's unemployed and leaving to Argentina in a few days to see if she can't make a stable relationship with the one guy she passionately fell in love with while over there, despite not liking where she'll have to live nor without knowing what it is she will do.

...I'm kinda bitter about it and incredibly worried because of how horribly wrong it can go but I'm trying to be chipper because either it'll get great and everyone's happy or it'll be so awful and sucky that it'll finally allow her to turn the page that she hasn't allowed herself to do for 3+ years.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Haha, I shouldn't complain too much, but sitting still is very much not my thing and I find it really difficult to not move around a lot and all. I'll be fine, my primary client likes me a lot for no discernable reason and I have steady field work for 9 months of the year.

But those 3 months of being in the office feel like 12.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Are you in a skyscraper? I can see that being fun.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Are you in a skyscraper? I can see that being fun.

Nope! Standard office, for field work I am usually in boiler rooms through the city, shining my flashlight of justice to expose the horrors of improper insulation and such.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The field work does sound like proper fun actually.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm in my last weekish of the old job and they didn't give me any work to do for this final sprint so I'm reading Ernest Cline's new book at work today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The field work does sound like proper fun actually.

I've gotten really good at running up dunnage steel on roofs like it ain't no thing.

That and climbing ladders one handed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I can't actually imagine climbing a ladder one handed. Or at least not in a way that seems simple.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

all about weight distribution~

alternatively put your hand around the side

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

all about weight distribution~

alternatively put your hand around the side

That's about it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I'm in my last weekish of the old job and they didn't give me any work to do for this final sprint so I'm reading Ernest Cline's new book at work today.

what kind of programming do you do (at least i'm assuming you're a programmer using AGILE given your use of the word sprint)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

what kind of programming do you do (at least i'm assuming you're a programmer using AGILE given your use of the word sprint)

King Burgundy is a track and field star, you big silly.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

King Burgundy is a track and field star, you big silly.

I can't even imagine how good at running he must be if he can sprint while reading a book.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mafia thread I was bored so I mixed diet coke and coffee to see what it'd be like.

I didn't like it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Now find someone who does!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm a database developer. T-sql and anything to do with Data Warehouses or the Microsoft BI stack are my thing(SSRS/SSAS/SSIS).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Now find someone who does!

I'll submit it as a recipe next cookfia.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I'm a database developer. T-sql and anything to do with Data Warehouses or the Microsoft BI stack are my thing(SSRS/SSAS/SSIS).

:hfive: BI buddy

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I'll submit it as a recipe next cookfia.

You should tell someone in your office that you added too much sugar to your coffee and hand it over to them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

And read this as SSRIs at first and was going to be like "you're not doctor!" Before leaping over a table and biting you with my mighty jaws.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You should tell someone in your office that you added too much sugar to your coffee and hand it over to them.

I finished it anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What is it they say? Waste not want not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What is it they say? Waste not want not?

My saying is "aw gently caress it, whatever."