Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie's lovely. It's not very surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jealous

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does anyone know how to speak Haitian Creole? Seems like a pretty interesting language.

wi, mwe pale piti kreyol

My parents and one of my sisters speak fluently though if you were looking for a tutor or whatever.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I'm a database developer. T-sql and anything to do with Data Warehouses or the Microsoft BI stack are my thing(SSRS/SSAS/SSIS).

I'm in ops but I work with our BI/A team a lot and t-sql is my bread & butter! SSRS yes, SSAS/SSIS not so much. I'm not into the warehousing part as I am a first responder to production fires and don't do much in terms of administration/warehousing, but it's interesting stuff to read about at least

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does anyone know how to speak Haitian Creole? Seems like a pretty interesting language.

One of my good buddies speaks English, French, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. If you need a word translated I can get some help :)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

wi, mwe pale piti kreyol

My parents and one of my sisters speak fluently though if you were looking for a tutor or whatever.

Wow. I'm not personally looking as I'm not working with the language but it's fun to read the Creole words used in this paper and seeing the origins in French. Still pretty impressive.

The job's just English to French and I'm co-translating with a native French speaker who also speaks Creole, though she's in another part of the country so we're doing it by correspondence. I should probably get a degree in translation so I can get a legit job doing it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

100 years, have you considered getting jobs that aren't legit? Like being a translator for a bank robber or serial killer?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have! It's just I don't have the right contacts outside of academia. Also I need to set-up a dummy corporation apparently for some higher end jobs and I think that might just put my status as a foreigner in jeopardy even if having an American passport is like Wonka's Golden Ticket over here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have! It's just I don't have the right contacts outside of academia. Also I need to set-up a dummy corporation apparently for some higher end jobs and I think that might just put my status as a foreigner in jeopardy even if having an American passport is like Wonka's Golden Ticket over here.

100 years have you considered becoming a spooky ghost that haunts abandoned buildings in small villages? I think you'd be a good fit for that sort of role.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I like the way coke tastes when you drink it out of a coffee cup you just used. It cuts just a bit of the sweetness.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The best beverage is Mr. pibb.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

at least we all agree that whether with or without coffee, coke tastes better than pepsi, which is a garbage drink.

I agree except for the cherry variety. Wild Cherry Pepsi beats out Cherry Coke by an enormous margin.

Somberbrero posted:

I like the way coke tastes when you drink it out of a coffee cup you just used. It cuts just a bit of the sweetness.

I bet you liked this poo poo didn't you

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
coke went through some serious poo poo.

i've been drinking diet soda since i was in fifth grade and anything real just tastes weird and sickly sweet now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I've been drinking the occasional diet soda since I cut soda out of my diet nearly entirely, trying to lose weight.

Instead I just ending up eating more normal food.

Eating is just my thing I guess.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

100 years have you considered becoming a spooky ghost that haunts abandoned buildings in small villages? I think you'd be a good fit for that sort of role.

No I haven't. I wonder why you think I could. I would ideally die at sea and consequently haunt ships that pass through that patch of ocean OR divers who find the wreck OR the port I left from.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

No I haven't. I wonder why you think I could. I would ideally die at sea and consequently haunt ships that pass through that patch of ocean OR divers who find the wreck OR the port I left from.

You know, I didn't even consider the possibility of you as a Sea Ghost (or Sehost) .

I bet you'd look positively stunning drapped in seaweed with half of your face bloated from rotting underwater.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I tested it out a couple of times after finding a bunch of seaweed and while I can drape a mean kelp the transparency and the floating keep evading me.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quote Keane's post and he'll tell you what Ghost You would ideally haunt

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

You know, I didn't even consider the possibility of you as a Sea Ghost (or Sehost) .

I bet you'd look positively stunning drapped in seaweed with half of your face bloated from rotting underwater.

aw poo poo a keane buzzfeed let's do this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quote LUTR and she'll give you a tarot reading about the ghost you'll be or the ghost journey you'll have

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I tested it out a couple of times after finding a bunch of seaweed and while I can drape a mean kelp the transparency and the floating keep evading me.

Yeah but you have the odor of rotting flesh part down pat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spooky ghost orchestra haunting a stage.

MMM is a ghost dog, rattling a cage and growling.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Quote LUTR and she'll give you a tarot reading about the ghost you'll be or the ghost journey you'll have

Sure why not

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Quote Keane's post and he'll tell you what Ghost You would ideally haunt

Both please

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Both please

You are a haunted marionette a neglectant father buys for his daughter on her 8th birthday.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

You die of laziness, experience regret in the afterlife, and haunt a library whispering to undergrads that they'll fail if they don't study for another three hours.

skip dinner, you say. sleep when you're dead, like meeeeee

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

goddamn fine yes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

am I a rusalka

yes do this me too

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You kill yourself after a failed relationship, work through several levels of unpleasant purgatory-style afterlife, then exclusively haunt single people. You never really know whether you're trying to steer them away from the pain of love, or whether you're trying to pick them up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, sure.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

A tragic gardening accident ends your short life. You enjoy centuries of solitude, then get bored and haunt a church, terrorizing choir members who sing off-key.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

goddamn fine yes.

You are a haunted car, taking riders on rides...to their deaths!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

You...don't die? You turn out to be immortal, and spend your endless life seeking mystery and adventure. Then everyone else dies off and you are alone. The only human being left. Then the only living being on earth, cursed to wander for eternity. Eventually you build a spaceship.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

am I a rusalka

yes do this me too

You're a misunderstood ghost who keeps trying to be friends with children, but ends up horrifying them.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is accurate.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I like Pepsi better. But diet dr. pepper and RC cola are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i'm the uncle that works at nintendo except its xbox