Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There can't be a bus driver if you are telling the truth, because I am a vanilla townie and there are only two town remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hal was a redirector, and he died N2, so I doubt there's a busdriver.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

SirSamVimes posted:

There can't be a bus driver if you are telling the truth, because I am a vanilla townie and there are only two town remaining.

Sam,

There are also 2 of the 3.5 remaining, with unknown roles.

-Morn

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh right, a staff bus driver... I forgot that roles are less rigid than I am used to.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Morning Scales, the main thing that is stopping me from believing you 100% is the claim that the Godfather visited you and you're still alive. It's not enough for me to think you're probably scum because that would be a weirdly suicidal claim to make if you were, but it's certainly enough to make me go 'huh'.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Has JJ ever claimed anything?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I didn't.

I'm a breaker. No, no, not like the broken necks (though I did suspect at one point I was secretly scum unknown to myself with a delayed nightkill, because I targeted Hal night 1 and then he died night 2, but that was crazy). I break roles. It's a fancy name for empowered; people I visit don't get roleblocked or otherwise interrupted.

I believe my visits went Hal -> Opop -> SirSamVimes -> nobody (didn't want to accidentally break the nightkill)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

jon joe posted:

Oh, I didn't.

I'm a breaker. No, no, not like the broken necks (though I did suspect at one point I was secretly scum unknown to myself with a delayed nightkill, because I targeted Hal night 1 and then he died night 2, but that was crazy). I break roles. It's a fancy name for empowered; people I visit don't get roleblocked or otherwise interrupted.

I believe my visits went Hal -> Opop -> SirSamVimes -> nobody (didn't want to accidentally break the nightkill)

Yeah this makes perfect sense and I'm not interested in hearing your logic behind this at all

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I also don't think it's weird as hell to say 'I believe my night actions were derp derp and derp'

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Yeah this makes perfect sense and I'm not interested in hearing your logic behind this at all

I also don't think it's weird as hell to say 'I believe my night actions were derp derp and derp'

damnit man stop lying to your friends it makes no sense and JJ is scummy as hell today ##vote jj

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MCED what is your role? It's basically fullclaim time.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Asiina posted:

MCED what is your role? It's basically fullclaim time.

I don't need to wait for JJ to answer me before I full claim

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I don't need to wait for JJ to answer me before I full claim

BULLSHIT I absolutely should not full claim right now before JJ comes back but I know for a fact he's full of poo poo if that helps tide you over

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
MC, I'm going to level with with you here.

I am not going to engage you, or Mornacale, on any level beyond this post. You are so full of absolute, horrendously smelling poo poo that to engage you would require me to be the best plumber in the world, which I am not. Every single world out of you has the single, obvious desire to besmirch my honor, which I find amusing because from the standpoint of you being confirmed town to yourself, I should be confirmed scum, and you shouldn't need to go through all this acrobatic bullshit. To you, what honor could I possibly have to besmirch? And yet, you besmirch it. You act. I cannot answer your questions in good faith, because they did not come in good faith. If Asiina or Vimes wishes for me to answer the same questions, or different questions, I will happily do so. If you wish me to, you can go jump in a lake.

Proceed.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't target JJ last night and he didn't visit op.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I didn't target JJ last night and he didn't visit op.

BULLSHIT you IDIOT you KNOW he appeared to visit op last night

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BULLSHIT you IDIOT you KNOW he appeared to visit op last night

MCED,

Is this a counter-claim? If so, it's the most strangely-handled counterclaim I've ever heard. Why didn't you vote me immediately on my claim?

I'm going to leave off a vote just in case I'm reading you wrong due to your PR or something, until you clarify what you're doing here, but I'm pretty sure this means you're 1 of 3.5 and it's time for you to go.

Best,
Mornacale

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Asiina? Vimes?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am kind of curious myself. What is a "role breaker", and why did you want to avoid "breaking the night kill"? Still withholding my vote seeing as we have a day left ot gather more information.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I am kind of curious myself. What is a "role breaker", and why did you want to avoid "breaking the night kill"? Still withholding my vote seeing as we have a day left ot gather more information.

As I said, it is an empowerer. Empowerer is a role which can power up somebody else to make their action(s), if any, unstoppable by other actions. I wasn't sure if there were any protection roles still in play that may have been able to stop the night kill, so I decided not to break anybody.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still think it's MCED, but whether it's JJ or Morn, I dunno. I have to read the thread again with that in mind, since I will definitely be dead tomorrow and I want to put all my thoughts out there first.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

MC Eating Disorder (1): jon joe
jon joe (1): MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (3): Asiina, Mornacale, SirSamVimes

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 18th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 32 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I have about 45 minutes I can devote to this and then I'm voting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I looked through EXAKT (it took like 30 seconds) and he doesn't really mention any of the three other than JJ.

EXAKT Science posted:

yeah whatever i suck at scum and thought one of my scumbuddies was actually around to loving hammer anyway day's over

This was in response to JJ and EXAKT was very mad at this point (sorry :( ) and it doesn't feel like a response to a scumbuddy. So that makes me lean Morn.

Looked through MCED and he doesn't mention EXAKT or Morn either, but does talk about JJ but only on the last day so it could be a bus.

They also have this interaction about me, but honestly with the post restrictions it's really hard to see if this is just scum talking to scum.

Yo JJ I do not give one sweet fig about why you or anyone else thinks asiina is a better lunch than somber today, I don't think you should explain that in more detail at all

jon joe posted:

I have tried to EXPLAIN.

I understand it is HARD.

To understand what I SEE.

When I even I'm not SURE.

But please LOOK:

Asiina is EMPTY.

It is clear as SHE.

If she were FULL;

She would be like SOMBER.

Who is FULL.

It's not just about INVESTIGATION.

But MATTER.

And what Asiina SAYS.

Doesn't MATTER.

Moving on to JJ, there is actually content here. He votes for Morn in what I guess is a gut read, but moves away from it to a joke vote on me.

jon joe posted:

You emanate a sinister AURA.

You are EMPTY!

##vote Mornacale

jon joe posted:

Asiina does not wish us to be VULGAR.

This is all she WISHES.

Or does she wish for MORE?

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

She is EMPTY.

##vote Asiina

JJ, what made you change your mind about Somber?

jon joe posted:

After harsh CONSIDERATION.

REREADING.

Though I still believe Asiina to be EMPTY.

I have DECIDED:

Sombrero is definitely not FULL.

Except of poo poo.

##vote Sombrero

I am also WONDERING,

if OPOP:

Is EMPTY.

There's a lot of interaction between JJ and Morn that feels very real. I won't quote it, but I believe in it.

Morn though does some very, VERY light bussing of EXAKT. The third post feels pretty damning.

Mornacale posted:

Honestly, I didn't like EXAKT's vote on that bandwagon either. It seemed time to resurrect momentum toward him with a deadline impending, and added a really bad reasoning for it. I told the group I'd be happy voting him as well as Kleedrac.[/i]

Mornacale posted:

Jon,

Have you failed to notice my writing on the subject of Kleedrac, as well as EXAKT, as well as Somberbrero? Perhaps Max has failed to share my earlier note, which contains (as you likely already know) 2001 characters, 1965 of which are in the body (therefore the header and footer are composed of 2001-1965=2000+1-1965=2000-1900+1-65=100-65+1=35+1=36 characters), which is a pretty hefty opinion indeed relative to those I've seen some others express, including yourself.

-Mornacale

Mornacale posted:

07/05/2015

Opop said he was an investigator, and I didn't see any reason not to believe him, even though that makes 2 cops. But that does mean we might not be able to believe his results. On the other hand, it would seem foolish to fail to take advantage of a significant power role. So, I asked the group how they think we ought to plan to determine if Opop's investigations are legitimate. For instance, if he gets an innocent result tomorrow, should we assume that exactly 1 of that player and Somberbrero are in the 3.5?

I was tempted to just go ahead and vote Somber right then, theorizing that where there's smoke there's fire, but that does not logically follow. So I decided to stick with my suspicions from earlier and ##vote EXAKT

fake e:

Taste,

Your proposal to lunch claimed cop Opopanax makes no sense whatsoever. The flip will be meaningful only if it comes up "insane cop"--coming up "cop" will tell us nothing. Either way, we'll have killed a claimed power role off of no suspicion of scum intent. If you legitimately wanted to test out Opop's claim, you would clearly want to vote for Somber. Thus, I can't find any way to interpret your post from an honest town perspective. ##vote Tremendous Taste

Regards,
Mornacale

He didn't even keep his vote for a whole post.

Mornacale posted:

I didn't like feeling trapped, forced into a set of cardinality 2, and I didn't like Sam trying to emphasize this. I didn't like him trying to force a roleclaim, either, even from the member of the set that I'm more suspicious of. I would vote for Asiina over Somber, I would still vote EXAKT who I still don't think has contributed anything, but what I really want to do is ##vote SirSamVimes.

Then finally this feels a little like backpedalling after getting caught in my amazing trap.

--

From reading all this I'm still not entirely convinced one way or another, but I feel that Morn and JJ are probably not scum together, which means it's most likely MCED for a safe vote today. As for tomorrow, I feel like it's probably Morn.

Vimes, you should just vote tomorrow, they'll both come up with results, but it won't matter cause one will be lies. Just open the thread and vote with your heart.

##vote MCED

Sorry if this is wrong, but I'm gonna lose anyway, so meh.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Asiina posted:

I still think it's MCED, but whether it's JJ or Morn, I dunno. I have to read the thread again with that in mind, since I will definitely be dead tomorrow and I want to put all my thoughts out there first.

Also you don't care who it is as long as we get 1 of 2 remaining scum today.

Anyway, I was thinking it could be you after seeing MCED at JJ last night, but then I remembered I know for sure two of your claimed abilities are true. I really don't believe there's a scum out there who can roleblock and also send weird messages. So that means it's 98% sure it's Jon Joe and MCED, 1% scum have a really weird role, 1% Vimes basically gave up the win for some weird reason.

At this point I'm essentially 100% sure MCED is 1 of the 2. We kill MCED, I track either Jon Joe or Vimes. If scum kills Asiina, which they very nearly have to do, I will be 100% on who the last scum is. ##vote MCED

Morn

fake e: Oh hey a megapost wherein a claimed 3P who wants to kill everyone tries to sell me as scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mornacale posted:

fake e: Oh hey a megapost wherein a claimed 3P who wants to kill everyone tries to sell me as scum.

Okay now I'm super sure it's you.

GL tomorrow Vimes!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
“If you don't watch it people will force you one way or the other, into doing what they think you should do, or into just being mule-stubborn and doing the opposite out of spite.”

:s: Mc Eating Disorder (Charles Cheswick) - Staff-aligned placer has been lynched D5.

Night actions, 24 hours

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
For a new entry into the ward, he lasted longer than we thought..

:h: SirSamVimes - Town-aligned vanilla, had his neck broken by staff N5.

It is now Day 6.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Morn

Let's do this!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Morn why didn't you just kill me I don't understand? I mean I get you setting up this whole "if Asiina doesn't die she's scum" thing for today (really clumsily), but it still would have been better to kill me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote Morn if Asiina's scum I don't even care because she could have won multiple days ago.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
“I listened to them fade away till all I could hear was my memory of the sound.”

:h: jon joe (Martini) Town-aligned breaker has blown up trying to lynch Mornacale!

:s: Mornacale (Ellis) Scum-aligned framer has been endgamed!

:d: Asiina (Nurse Pilbow) 3rd party aligned survivor has won the game!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Congrats to Asiina, that's an amazing ending.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, JFC town, it's: You win when all Staff OR 3p are eliminated.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Really well played Asiina!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, that was a fun game to watch. I haven't been NK'd night 1 in a while, so I could just enjoy it as a spectator.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yayyyyyyy!

I turned both Morn and JJ into lynchbombs last night. It was for Vimes to help secure town the win, but I couldn't figure out a way to tell him he needs to vote first without giving it away, so this was my attempt.

Asiina posted:

Vimes, you should just vote tomorrow, they'll both come up with results, but it won't matter cause one will be lies. Just open the thread and vote with your heart.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wow well done Asiina, you butthead! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Also, JFC town, it's: You win when all Staff OR 3p are eliminated.

I know, but I figured, I wanted Asiina to have the win. She certainly tried hard enough for it.

• Locked thread