Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Mindy Project has been uncancelled...kinda.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/15/entertainment/mindy-project-hulu-feat/

quote:

Hulu has officially revived the former Fox comedy for a fourth and super-sized season of 26 episodes, the company announced Tuesday. The order is the comedy's highest episode count yet and brings the series within number required for syndication. A premiere date will be announced at a later date.

The news comes a week after word first leaked that the beloved but low-rated comedy starring Mindy Kaling would not move forward at Fox, with the streaming service in talks for a multiple-season revival.

"Mindy has been a beloved member of the Hulu family, so this deal is a natural extension of our relationship," said Craig Erwich, senior vp and head of content at Hulu. "With so many of her fans already catching up and tuning in to the series on Hulu, we know her millions of fans will be eager to find out what Mindy has in store for the next chapter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Jericho was always a mixed bag for me. The production and acting and writing got a lot better as the show went on, especially season 2. But I also far preferred the post-disaster struggling to survive concept of the first season over the American Revolution/conspiracy plot of the second season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They weren't even struggling to survive anyhow.

God bless the Allied States of America and their weird rear end flag

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chairman Capone posted:

Jericho was always a mixed bag for me. The production and acting and writing got a lot better as the show went on, especially season 2. But I also far preferred the post-disaster struggling to survive concept of the first season over the American Revolution/conspiracy plot of the second season.

Late season 1 was probably the peak of the show, quality-wise. Some of the show's best moments happen in season 2, but everything was so compressed because they had to tell a season's worth of story in 7 episodes.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

They weren't even struggling to survive anyhow.

God bless the Allied States of America and their weird rear end flag

I loved it when they spent all those episodes stuck in their little world of the town, then they finally get out to that trading post, and ask about the US capital and the guy says "which one?" and it pans up to the map with like 5 capitals. :allears:

Also when they made the war between the two towns out to be the biggest, most high stakes thing and right when it's about to go down the ASA army rolls in and shuts it down.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/20/scream-queens-looks-like-scary-movie-6-the-tv-show Scream queens trailer and an article.

I watched the trailer before reading the article so i'm fairly sure I can say that it didn't alter my opinion: Its terrible

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MrFlibble posted:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/20/scream-queens-looks-like-scary-movie-6-the-tv-show Scream queens trailer and an article.

I watched the trailer before reading the article so i'm fairly sure I can say that it didn't alter my opinion: Its terrible

The best thing is Fox is betting so much next year on it

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Jericho got awesome so fast because they managed to stick In a ton of f yeah moments and people not being stupid in a Very short amount of time and a good way. I'm not touting the series as one of the best things ever, just a very weird anomaly than went from bad to gently caress Yeah!!! In a really short amount of time. It's not like it has a lot of episodes, so if you want to make your own opinion, it's not a huge commitment.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MrFlibble posted:

Devin Faraci is a dumbass, and that trailer basically looks like Glee as a horror movie. It's not broad at all, it's just written as a Ryan Murphy comedy.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Yoshifan823 posted:

Devin Faraci is a dumbass, and that trailer basically looks like Glee as a horror movie. It's not broad at all, it's just written as a Ryan Murphy comedy.

Quite possibly, but it doesn't change the fact that the trailer looks like warmed up dog poo poo. If thats what a Ryan Murphy comedy is then I fully agree with you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oof. That trailer just deposed Supergirl as the worst trailer for a new show this season. By a wide margin. That was loving awful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The dad is the devil guy. Don't even need to see the rest of the show. He's doing it to get his daughter out of the frat that ruined his wife. Calling it now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I'll probably torture myself and watch a few episodes of that but it's pretty much all the self-indulgent Ryan Murphy-isms with nothing good to balance it out, probably. Certainly. Definitely.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Jamesman posted:

How does Bones keep existing? How?

Apparently it keeps existing by crossing over with Sleepy Hollow in a 2 part episode this coming season. Because Shark jumping is an activity best enjoyed in company, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Apparently it keeps existing by crossing over with Sleepy Hollow in a 2 part episode this coming season. Because Shark jumping is an activity best enjoyed in company, apparently.

Did the good ratings Sleepy Hollow got in it's first season all come from an undersirable demo or something? Everything I've heard about the show since reeks of Fox trying to retool it into something more generic.

• Locked thread