Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

I'm voting you until you're removed from the game. Now, I'm going to work. Later all.

Quite reasonable. Nice job ignoring evidence contrary to your opinions

Mafia edit: lyncher? Good game if so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

How so? I've stated I think he's anti town and third party and would vote him in a deadline because I think he has his own agenda. How is that not clear?

##vote amoeba for being deliberately obtuse. Vote me already enough with the buildup and weak rear end arguments

I'm having a hard time seeing how what you're saying lines up with your opinions.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Right so your point is you didn't unvote when you voted gamer?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I like confident men like merk.

I mean I am going to stay on Quid still but I'll jump when the time comes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Squiggly posted:

I DONT JUMP OFF OF A VOTE ITS NT A REAL VOTE MY ONLY VOTE IS ON QUID STOP BEING SO loving DENSE

How is an outside observer supposed to tell the difference between a player making a fake vote and a player who forgot to unvote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I like confident men like merk.

I mean I am going to stay on Quid still but I'll jump when the time comes.

Jump where?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

Right so your point is you didn't unvote when you voted gamer?

It's a pretty big point. One of those is a real vote. With real content.

The other is not.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How is an outside observer supposed to tell the difference between a player making a fake vote and a player who forgot to unvote?

By looking at the quality and contrast between the two? Even my vote on amoeba has an actual reason attached to it. Knowing the rules of the game shouldn't punish me because apparently I'm too stupid and would forget

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure that flew over the heads of everyone.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

And for people "analyzing" my posts it shouldn't have. If you're going to assign me a reason for something, and you can't show that it's consistent with other things of the same nature, how is that my fault? It's obvious that it's not of the same caliber or quality or really anything and yet I'm assigned a lovely reason: I must have forgotten. How about you all assume I'm a good player, and didn't forget THE RULES and it wasn't a real vote?

There's a literal post that says any vote finder counts are not actually real and yet that's what some people are using as justification.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

That's because he is making it up to try to not look scummy for voting Gamer. This is an obvious lynch. What do you think of my case?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

And for people "analyzing" my posts it shouldn't have. If you're going to assign me a reason for something, and you can't show that it's consistent with other things of the same nature, how is that my fault? It's obvious that it's not of the same caliber or quality or really anything and yet I'm assigned a lovely reason: I must have forgotten. How about you all assume I'm a good player, and didn't forget THE RULES and it wasn't a real vote?

There's a literal post that says any vote finder counts are not actually real and yet that's what some people are using as justification.

If you read this post and think it's sincere, please stop playing mafia. You can't climb up out of that failure hole.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

On the Squigly vote.

I mean I'd hammer as needed anyway but you know.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Obviously me, the vote leader. It's a p. scummy post but I still don't like amoeba pussyfooting around voting me

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Literally what the gently caress

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

If you read this post and think it's sincere, please stop playing mafia. You can't climb up out of that failure hole.

Quoting this for ghost posterity

Oh wait I thought you were going to work

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

Oh wait I thought you were going to work

This is pretty common of me. Thanks for pointing it out though. Good reminder that I need to actually work.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

I'm voting you until you're removed from the game. Now, I'm going to work. Later all.

merk, you know I love you but I could write a merk bot that would be indistinguishable from you given all the catchphrases you've built up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

merk, you know I love you but I could write a merk bot that would be indistinguishable from you given all the catchphrases you've built up.

Could it write that great of a case on Squiggly?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not voting squiggly.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

Could it write that great of a case on Squiggly?

It might be more accurate if it's a machine. Less room for error

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

And you accuse me of lawyering a technicality.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Fair warning I'm goin to bed in 30. I dunno what schedule you guys are actually on and clearly people are pushing for an early lynch so yeah

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

And you accuse me of lawyering a technicality.

And yet I'm right

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Squiggly posted:

Quite reasonable. Nice job ignoring evidence contrary to your opinions

Mafia edit: lyncher? Good game if so

Your reaction to merk's case and stuff is really over the top. You play it cool with everyone else but here you just blew a fuse.

Max posted:

I'm not voting squiggly.

Why? I'll admit I didn't feel it until these last 5 or 6 posts.

wins32767 posted:

You should! and have the two face each other and see who wins Deep Blue style or whatever that chess-bots name is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

That's because he is making it up to try to not look scummy for voting Gamer. This is an obvious lynch. What do you think of my case?

It paints a good picture. It lines up with my interpretation that Squigs wants to discredit you but doesn't want to be as open about it as Quidnose was.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh yeah bed. It's like 3:30 am and hot as all hell but I should sleep. I think I will do that. I'll... stick around 10 minutes if anyone has any last minute questions for me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

And yet I'm right

It's hard to believe that you'd not expect people to misinterpret your non-unvoted vote as a real vote. It's what you wanted gamer to think afterall right? So you go about misleading people with an escape plan worked out already.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Your reaction to merk's case and stuff is really over the top. You play it cool with everyone else but here you just blew a fuse.

Why? I'll admit I didn't feel it until these last 5 or 6 posts.

You should! and have the two face each other and see who wins Deep Blue style or whatever that chess-bots name is.

Because he's peddling bullshit and I don't want to be lynched while I sleep by the bandwagon of awfulness. It's pretty frustrating to reiterate a point to infinity and have everyone ignore it to make their own baseless assumptions

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

wins32767 posted:

:iceburn:

I still like my Quinque vote, wins has done nothing to warrant trust, the fact that he's staying so noncommittal this game has me feeling more like a 3rd party.

I am not sold on the Squiggly case fully, but will vote him to avoid NL.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

It's hard to believe that you'd not expect people to misinterpret your non-unvoted vote as a real vote. It's what you wanted gamer to think afterall right? So you go about misleading people with an escape plan worked out already.

Seeing as it didn't show up in the official vote count and there was no discussion about it, I didn't expect any misinterpretation. I didn't expect it to be an issue at all because it didn't play out.

And you're still sniping at me without voting

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: I will leave the deadline where it is but make it super floating (I'll deliberately find things for me to do for a very long time)

:c: Correct Robot Votecount :c:

Squiggly (3): merk, fiery_valkyrie, Quidnose, -Quidnose, chaoslord
Quidnose (2): Gamerofthegame, Max
Puntification (2): wins32767, 100YrsofAttitude
Spoonsy (2): Hal Incandenza, zzyzx, chaoslord, -chaoslord
Amoeba102 (1): Squiggly
Quinquereme (1): WHICH WAY MADNESS
Max (1): Quinquereme
zzyzx (0): 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude
merk (0): Quidnose, -Quidnose

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, Nth Doctor, Puntification, Quidnose, Spoonsy

:h: With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour. Note that the deadline is FLOATING

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Do I need to be voting?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
What the gently caress? Deadlines not til tomorrow? Well poo poo I thought deadline was in like an hour.

Whatever suck my nutz bitches I do what I want

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

Do I need to be voting?

If you're gonna sit and snipe at me and pick at my posts, it's rather scummy to not vote me as well

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Seeing as it didn't show up in the official vote count and there was no discussion about it, I didn't expect any misinterpretation. I didn't expect it to be an issue at all because it didn't play out.

I would more expect people to forget to unvote because not all games are Ecco games than for a player to try and be tricky by not unvoting to get a reaction from a non-unvote vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Max posted:

I'm not voting squiggly.

Why not?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

If you're gonna sit and snipe at me and pick at my posts, it's rather scummy to not vote me as well

I don't see how.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

I would more expect people to forget to unvote because not all games are Ecco games than for a player to try and be tricky by not unvoting to get a reaction from a non-unvote vote.

Yeah but I took a big break from mafia and only came back to play in Ecco's game. I actually took the time to read what he wrote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't see how.

You're encouraging votes on me without actually committing yourself to the cause

• Locked thread