Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yeah, it's kind of hard for me to understand because I am not familiar with what exactly they are talking about here (the only thing I get is that Appelcline apparently made some sort of history of something called OSR and didn't add the contributions of certain persons) but my impression is that the guy just wanted to get some perspective from different sources.

Zak's danger and effect on game communities isn't quite as obvious as you make it out to be.

Appelcline wrote a book called Designers and Dragons which is a history of the RPG industry. The OSR is a very loose movement of people who are talking about and cloning pre-3.x D&D editions, writing new adventures, sourcebooks and such for them and also making new games, usually with a skeleton of an older D&D edition although other games have been starting to peek in. For example there's a guy working on a clone of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, there's a new edition of an old Star Trek-ish game called Starships & Spacemen, one of the clone companies, Goblinoid Games bought the IP of an old non-D&D publisher called Pacesetter Games and are making new editions of their games, Kevin Crawford's work, etc. It's a really hard thing to sum up because basically it's a bunch of small companies, dudes with blogs, people who talk on forums and almost none of them agree about anything. Some of them are virulently reactionary conservative types or just jerks, some of them aren't. Some of them do stuff that can be considered OSR but don't call themselves that. I consider myself to be aligned with a lot of the same interests as the OSR but I feel uncomfortable claiming to be totally part of it because of theRPGSite side of it.

Anyway, Jez Gordon feels slighted I believe because there's a new index which covers more recent events in RPGs among other things and Appelcline didn't really talk about the OSR that much. The index is way more casual than the main book, however. Also from what I see of Appelcline's recent posting on RPG.net that may partially be because he isn't really that knowledgeable about the topic. Looks like he's planning an article about it and is in the research phase, though.

Zak is talking about ancient grogs.txt events that I'm only partially aware of, someone else can explain it to you better. I'm specifically talking about Gordon when I say that simply mentioning someone isn't harassment btw. Then again I don't know who Gordon is so maybe his followers have a history of taking aimed criticism as a call to arms?

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

paradoxGentleman posted:

Zak's danger and effect on game communities isn't quite as obvious as you make it out to be.

His effect is actually easier to see when you've got him blocked.

I saw a G+ thread the other night about how useful (or not) online game design discussion can be. I can't see what he posted, but I can tell that he first popped up about 14 comments in and most of the rest of the 156 comments are people arguing in circles with him.

Serf
May 5, 2011

It's entirely possible that I've become cynical about these sort of things, but that whiny OSR post contains all the hallmarks of a harassment call-to-arms. They dropped the name of the target and then rattled off the names of people they felt he'd slighted, at least one of whom is a well-known harasser. So you'll have to pardon me if I don't believe this was some friendly attempt to start a dialogue. A better question is much shorter and less combative: "Hey, why is the OSR section in Designers and Dragons so small?"

That's basically the question that Appelcline answered, which is pretty drat classy of him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not going to guess anymore whether the original question to Appelcline had some sort of ulterior motive or not, but those G+ comments are absolutely coming from grogs with an axe to grind. And this Jez Gordon person isn't doing himself any favors when Zak S says:

quote:

Try asking Shannon if, in his "future writing"about LotFP, he'll rely on what historians call primary sources or, as he did in his earlier writing, rely on people from his forum with personal grudges against people who work there.
Try asking Shannon if, in his "future writing" about LotFP, if he'll address why he allowed his staff to kick people off the site for pointing out the fact that conservatives in the RPG community were attacking it for the art.
Try asking Shannon anything, really, and see if he'll answer or dodge it.

And he just comes back with a "will do"

On the other hand, it's also amusing seeing Zak's impotent rage at having to channel his "questions" through other people because he knows he's either blocked or going to be ignored.

quote:

I'd forgotten what this book was about and googled it.

Designers & Dragons - Evil Hat Productions

There's your answer.
That's someone that's probably still salty over DrivethruRPG pulling James Desborough's game, especially after grogs began to insinuate that Evil Hat had something to do with it.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

No disagreement that Gordon's initial question is poorly phrased and accusatory. I just can't make the jump to declaring it outright harassment.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 16, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

paradoxGentleman posted:

What is he talking about exactly?

I don't remember the exact specifics and couldn't dig up the original tinder for the flames, but basically some bullshit went down involving MRA extraordinaire James Desborough. He had recently released one of his poo poo games or maybe an awful blog post, and some lady got riled up about it. Then some of D's fans sent her rape threats. Someone else made a since-deleted (I believe) G+ post that got a lot of +1's (many just to spite him and Zak, who took up his banner), that either (incorrectly) accused D of making the threats, but possibly just due to poor wording, or just (correctly) accused him of weaponizing his fans' rape threats to silence someone. This is also about the time Zak started parading around his enemies lists as if that's a healthy thing to do.

How understanding of him.

Regardless, even after clarification/correction which happened long ago and only needed to involve a handful of people at most, "RPGnet's agents provocateur lied about James Desborough threatening to rape someone" has been the refrain, even though what actually happened was "many people, some of whom are RPGnet mods, agree that Desborough is a creepy gently caress." If you even glanced in the direction of a computer when this was going on, and then later have some ungodly reason to talk to these people, you'd better be prepared for an impenetrable wall of "have you stopped beating your wifestopped lying about Zak and Jimmy D?" if there is the slightest hint of RPGnet/SJW about you.

More simply, it boils down to lots of people being accused of censorship for saying "No thank you" to rape fantasies and/or insufferable motherfuckers.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wait, I think I heard about the game made by James D that you are talking about. It was that one card game about Gamergate, wasn't it?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, I think I heard about the game made by James D that you are talking about. It was that one card game about Gamergate, wasn't it?

Nah, I'm pretty sure both his lovely card games came later. In GamerGate's case, it was much later; this was all more than a couple of years ago.

Anyway, that's all :smith: grog. How about some :wtc: grog?

quote:

I understand the word "neckbeard" can be quite controversial. As such, I'm not looking to cause any offense to anyone.

What I'm trying to figure out is why do so many RPG DMs and Players grow actual neckbeards? I find that there is a disproportionate amount of people in this community who grow such facial hair. A simple search on YouTube or Twitch will attest to my finding. I don't have to name names.

Are neckbeards a product of RPGs, or are RPGs a product for neckbeards? Is this kind of facial hair something that RPGers use to distinguish themselves from non gamers? Are they too lazy to shave? Is it a style I'm not aware of? Is it some kind of pheromone that female RPGers are attracted to?

To take this one step further, is it product related? Do more D&D players have neckbeards or is Pathfinder the king of the facial hair?

There has to be a reason for all of this. Please advise.

Dislcosure: I'm cleanly shaven and have never had a neckbeard. Maybe I just don't get it.

quote:

quote:

Its just being lazy.

I made it very clear that the post is about the facial hair.

:confused:

quote:

Just for the record, I am not being derogatory. I am solely questioning the actual facial hair itself and why its prevalent in this hobby.

As for the looks and not caring, I can see your point.

quote:

I understand what you're getting it. "Hipsters" have "neckbeards" as well, but they are clean and trimmed. You don't see bits of cheerios stuck in them.

Part of why I stopped gaming at my FLGS was due to the hygiene factor. I'm not saying people with neckbeards aren't clean. What I'm saying is that the hygiene of most people in the store was questionable. Bad breath, BO, unkempt hair.....

:crossarms:

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 16, 2015

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yes.

I understand where Gordon is coming from, really I do, but it's something like bristling at the Top 40s radio station not playing songs by your favorite postmetal or thrashcore bands. It's like when I was 13 and was mad at my mom because she called Blind Guardian "noise". I love DCC and will talk it up every chance I get and while I sometimes find the sheer dominance of 5e and Pathfinder to be annoying because it makes it harder to find players for the games I like, actively getting mad about it is like being angry at the sky for not being a bright shade of red. Being petulant isn't going to help the situation one bit.

Also I dunno how someone can look at Appelcline's articles at Wizards and accuse him of being hostile towards old school D&D. Maybe it's because he mentions the scourge that is known as Dragonlance!?

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 16, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

When the hill you've chosen to die on is "the historical significance of the OSR," you'll drat well fight at every opportunity.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The OSR is made of babies with a martyr complex who smell their own farts and constantly look for proof that their ~*~Glorious Revolution~*~ is being slighted, most likely spending more time doing that then actually playing their lovely games. Zak S is a literal psychopath who should be ignored and dismissed at any given chance. That's everything you need to know about them, and everything that should've gone into that book.

Kai Tave posted:

I'm just imagining a GM gradually getting increasingly frustrated as all his plans are repeatedly foiled by a jumping centaur and it's pretty great. Just this super-excited centaur bouncing all over the place while the GM gets red in the face, crumpling up yet another set of notes that took him hours to write, all because of that cursed +35 to Jump checks, you like centaurs huh, well I'LL SHOW YOU

What I find funny/sad is the druid one actually. "I have a character who loves to play as druids and always makes one. So I banned them." It's not even petty, it's just flat out "no gently caress you, stop having fun."

Of course, both druid AND jump boil down to the DM and probably the group being real salty over a player actually enjoying themselves, so there you go.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 16, 2015

Serf
May 5, 2011

I was unaware that Tarzan was apparently an archetype for druids. I think Tarzan would be more of a ranger.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Lightning Lord posted:

Also I dunno how someone can look at Appelcline's articles at Wizards and accuse him of being hostile towards old school D&D. Maybe it's because he mentions the scourge that is known as Dragonlance!?

It really isn't any more complex than Appelcline being the boss of rpg.net, which is staffed by Known Goons, who all want to destroy real roleplaying. It doesn't get deeper than that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'll never stop being amazed that I've somehow made it onto Zak S' sworn enemies list for the high crime of moderating an internet message board for tabletop roleplaying games. I only wish I could have that much of a lasting impact on someone's life whenever I actually try to.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Kai Tave posted:

I'm just imagining a GM gradually getting increasingly frustrated as all his plans are repeatedly foiled by a jumping centaur and it's pretty great. Just this super-excited centaur bouncing all over the place while the GM gets red in the face, crumpling up yet another set of notes that took him hours to write, all because of that cursed +35 to Jump checks, you like centaurs huh, well I'LL SHOW YOU

Technically speaking, warblades from Bo9S can access that one specific move to make a jump check, then a standard attack, then save against instant death as a level 9 spell maneuver. Hoo-boy. But banning them forever because people like to joke about 'that one character' when starting new campaigns?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, to be the least bit charitable, a Warblade invested heavily in the Tiger Claw discipline wants to have a really high Jump skill because some of their best Maneuvers need you to make Jump checks, including ones where the Jump DC is the target's AC, to simulate the Warblade jumping over the target to smash them in the face or something.

Which makes it even cooler consider it's a centaur that's supposedly doing that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If a horse-person straight leaping 13 feet into the air to smash some dude's face in is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Speleothing posted:

Technically speaking, warblades from Bo9S can access that one specific move to make a jump check, then a standard attack, then save against instant death as a level 9 spell maneuver. Hoo-boy. But banning them forever because people like to joke about 'that one character' when starting new campaigns?
It's more than just a level 9 maneuver, the Tiger Claw school has a bunch of maneuvers that rely on jumps. If I ever felt like playing a Final Fantasy style Dragoon, Tiger Claw is the first place I'd look.

although I like the image of the excited, bouncing centaurs better

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Serf posted:

I was unaware that Tarzan was apparently an archetype for druids. I think Tarzan would be more of a ranger.

Really? I would have pinned his as a barbarian.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Tarzan is a muscle wizard.

Serf
May 5, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Really? I would have pinned his as a barbarian.

I could see that too. I just remember him doing stuff like talking with animals and picking up new languages really quickly, which seem like magical effects (not that barbarians shouldn't get some magic too).

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

inklesspen posted:

Tarzan is a muscle wizard.

He's a master of rope trick.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Serf posted:

I could see that too. I just remember him doing stuff like talking with animals and picking up new languages really quickly, which seem like magical effects (not that barbarians shouldn't get some magic too).
That's more "Ranger with a high INT".

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

The OSR is made of babies with a martyr complex who smell their own farts and constantly look for proof that their ~*~Glorious Revolution~*~ is being slighted, most likely spending more time doing that then actually playing their lovely games. Zak S is a literal psychopath who should be ignored and dismissed at any given chance. That's everything you need to know about them, and everything that should've gone into that book.

While I think you're painting with way too broad a brush, it's due to personal reasons since I like old farty editions of The World's Best-Selling Fantasy Game And Games Meant to Play Like Them™. I guess in the end I don't care what people think of dudes with blogs called "The Butt Lands" where they pontificate about what brand of grape jelly was Gary Gygax's favorite and how the scourge of not being a bigot is ruining gaming as long as people don't come away with the impression that everyone playing old D&D, blogging, or making games and adventures in that context is like that. Or I'd be poo poo out of luck.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hate to tell you this, but the OSR blog community is way too accepting of that poo poo. Like, sure, maybe they're not all Zak S but they sure as poo poo ain't doing anything to try and distance themselves. You may in be SOL there.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I mean with like 2 exceptions all I ever hear about OSR people is how they're grodnardy conservatives who are just full of bile. This includes both secondhand accounts and the occasional blog post that I force myself to read. I'm not really interested in looking any further, either. It's not worth the time.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Nihilarian posted:

It's more than just a level 9 maneuver, the Tiger Claw school has a bunch of maneuvers that rely on jumps. If I ever felt like playing a Final Fantasy style Dragoon, Tiger Claw is the first place I'd look.

although I like the image of the excited, bouncing centaurs better

Yeah, but how many of them do anything other than +xd6 and opponent is flat-footed (the most irrelevant status)?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I just wonder, aside from the retroclone thread (which feels perfunctory at times) if there's an appreciable difference in perception here between "People who are into old RPGs who aren't lovely" and "OSR" or if everyone who likes to play DCC is seen as a shitman? I dunno, maybe it's more that I resent a somewhat useful term being associated with all that. I can say "OSR" and a quite a few people recognize that I want to play Swords & Wizardry.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Hate to tell you this, but the OSR blog community is way too accepting of that poo poo.

I think part of it is that the community (or at least the vocal part of it) is so small that nobody ever really wants to turn away anybody else. Kasimir Urbanski added me to his G+ circle out of, as far as I can tell, just commenting on related threads where I wasn't actively trying to be mean, whereas I'd consider it rather inconceivable that I'd receive such attention in any other entertainment genre or subgenre, even in the age of social media.

quote:

Yeah, but how many of them do anything other than +xd6 and opponent is flat-footed (the most irrelevant status)?

Out of 16 attack Maneuvers in the Tiger Claw discipline, only 3 do more than just add damage.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lightning Lord posted:

I just wonder, aside from the retroclone thread (which feels perfunctory at times) if there's an appreciable difference in perception here between "People who are into old RPGs who aren't lovely" and "OSR" or if everyone who likes to play DCC is seen as a shitman? I dunno, maybe it's more that I resent a somewhat useful term being associated with all that. I can say "OSR" and a quite a few people recognize that I want to play Swords & Wizardry.

I try to differentiate between "someone who likes old school D&D" and "card-carrying member of the OSR" because the latter that I've encountered have almost invariably been some stripe of crusty, insufferable blowhard even if they aren't a toxic rear end in a top hat on Zak S' level. I'm talking about the guys who aren't all about how old school gaming is fun but instead how newer games and their players are lazy, entitled, dumb, etc. because they can't grasp the sublime interplays of THAC0.

I mean, even the retroclone thread here has had some hilarious moments like the dude who ragequit the thread because people weren't talking about the right sort of things.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
You can like older editions without being a part of the OSR, a fact the OSR themselves have yet to grasp. Like, at least half these forums adore BECMI.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Yeah but we're just hipsters who don't really like it because of [reasons].

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

I try to differentiate between "someone who likes old school D&D" and "card-carrying member of the OSR" because the latter that I've encountered have almost invariably been some stripe of crusty, insufferable blowhard even if they aren't a toxic rear end in a top hat on Zak S' level. I'm talking about the guys who aren't all about how old school gaming is fun but instead how newer games and their players are lazy, entitled, dumb, etc. because they can't grasp the sublime interplays of THAC0.

I mean, even the retroclone thread here has had some hilarious moments like the dude who ragequit the thread because people weren't talking about the right sort of things.

Zak is now quoting this (on the g+ thread linked earlier) to say you are "a liar, a sexist, and a bigot", because not everyone he games with are "guys".

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

inklesspen posted:

Zak is now quoting this (on the g+ thread linked earlier) to say you are "a liar, a sexist, and a bigot", because not everyone he games with are "guys".

Bwahahahaha

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

inklesspen posted:

ZAK S sat down at a cafe table with his companions, his blue eyes sparkling like the bright sea below, and ordered a bottle of Saumur with a pleased impatience. He was for some reason in a condition of curious hilarity. His spirits were already unnaturally high; they rose as the Saumur sank, and in half an hour his talk was a torrent of nonsense. He professed to be making out a plan of the conversation which was going to ensue between himself and the deadly Kai Tave. He jotted it down wildly with a pencil. It was arranged like a printed catechism, with questions and answers, and was delivered with an extraordinary rapidity of utterance.

"I shall approach. Before taking off his hat, I shall take off my own. I shall say, 'The Former Moderator of RPGnet Kai Tave, I believe.' He will say, 'The celebrated Mr. S, I presume.' He will say in the most exquisite Sindarin, 'How are you?' I shall reply in the most exquisite Klingon, 'Oh, just the S—'"

"Oh, shut it," said the man in spectacles. "Pull yourself together, and chuck away that bit of paper. What are you really going to do?"

"But it was a lovely catechism," said Zak S pathetically. "Do let me read it you. It has only forty-three questions and answers, and some of Kai Tave's's answers are wonderfully witty."

"But what's the good of it all?" asked Dr. Bull in exasperation.

"It leads up to my challenge, don't you see," said S, beaming. "When he has given the thirty-ninth reply, which runs—"

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Mormon Star Wars posted:

ZAK S sat down at a cafe table with his companions, his blue eyes sparkling like the bright sea below, and ordered a bottle of Saumur with a pleased impatience. He was for some reason in a condition of curious hilarity. His spirits were already unnaturally high; they rose as the Saumur sank, and in half an hour his talk was a torrent of nonsense. He professed to be making out a plan of the conversation which was going to ensue between himself and the deadly Kai Tave. He jotted it down wildly with a pencil. It was arranged like a printed catechism, with questions and answers, and was delivered with an extraordinary rapidity of utterance.

"I shall approach. Before taking off his hat, I shall take off my own. I shall say, 'The Former Moderator of RPGnet Kai Tave, I believe.' He will say, 'The celebrated Mr. S, I presume.' He will say in the most exquisite Sindarin, 'How are you?' I shall reply in the most exquisite Klingon, 'Oh, just the S—'"

"Oh, shut it," said the man in spectacles. "Pull yourself together, and chuck away that bit of paper. What are you really going to do?"

"But it was a lovely catechism," said Zak S pathetically. "Do let me read it you. It has only forty-three questions and answers, and some of Kai Tave's's answers are wonderfully witty."

"But what's the good of it all?" asked Dr. Bull in exasperation.

"It leads up to my challenge, don't you see," said S, beaming. "When he has given the thirty-ninth reply, which runs—"

Well done :golfclap:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hey Zak, if you're still reading this you and your girlfriend are both creepy weirdos and I'm glad more people are aware of than than they used to be. I'm also glad I was able to have a lasting impact on your life to the point that you remember to include me in your rambling conspiracy wall pictures and lurk grognards.txt (or have one of your followers do it for you I guess) so you can quote me in random G+ discussions.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Hey Zak, if you're still reading this you and your girlfriend are both creepy weirdos and I'm glad more people are aware of than than they used to be. I'm also glad I was able to have a lasting impact on your life to the point that you remember to include me in your rambling conspiracy wall pictures and lurk grognards.txt (or have one of your followers do it for you I guess) so you can quote me in random G+ discussions.

Dear Lowtax, please put TG behind the BOOGEYMAAAAAANNNNN thanks in advance.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Plague of Hats posted:

I'm no mod, but here're some suggestions I will make while looking very stern:

• Post grog. Even talk about grog! I can't enforce a grog tax, and I think if the thread can't survive without one then we don't deserve the thread. However, if your tangent is twice removed from actual grog, how about you discover the magic of a thread for the very loving purpose of general chat. Don't have actual arguments in the grogs.txt thread you babies.

• My philosophy is that threads like these are best when they're foremost about having a good old laugh at someone being a huge turd snuffler. You can go ahead and think of the thread as a clearing house of sin accounting, but it's not actually doing anyone any more good than a thread full of gems from fanfiction.net. If you can't at least muster a smirk and a "Get a load of this rear end in a top hat" then maybe your post doesn't belong here!

• Don't post RPGPundit or ZakS unless they squat out something :wow:

• Don't forget your SJW Illuminati hand signals, or else you won't be able to raise and lower the SA paywall at your whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
^^^Yeah aight, fair enough.

Actually that raises a legit question, who are the prominent (or even not so prominent) female voices and publishers in the OSR? I know that at least one of Zak's gaming groups is largely made up of women but whenever I hear someone listing off the major OSR designers and bloggers like James Raggi, Kasimir Urbanski, James Maliszewski, Alexander Macris, etc. it's just a long list of dudes. I'm genuinely curious, are there any major female bloggers or OSR game publishers out there?

• Locked thread