Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Yeah but I took a big break from mafia and only came back to play in Ecco's game. I actually took the time to read what he wrote

And yet, I haven't read your biography. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

You're encouraging votes on me without actually committing yourself to the cause

My posting is commiting me to the cause. Voting for you just encourages more people to just fall onto the vote leader.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

And yet, I haven't read your biography. What a shame.

And yet, I'm punished for playing by the rules of the game because apparently no one thought someone was capable of remembering that. It's a lovely argument no matter which way you swing it

And you're still sniping without voting. Scummmmmmm

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

My posting is commiting me to the cause. Voting for you just encourages more people to just fall onto the vote leader.

So you're waiting for more people to vote for me before you do?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You were playing by the rules, but were purposefully trying to be misleading. And you're upset people got misled?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Squiggly posted:

So you're waiting for more people to vote for me before you do?

I'm waiting for more time to pass or, if there were a consensus that we should execute tonight.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

You were playing by the rules, but were purposefully trying to be misleading. And you're upset people got misled?

People are misled because they're putting it in a day 2 context that didn't exist day 1 when I made the post

If they had made your argument, that it was a backdoor escape, I would actually concede the point. That's pretty loving scummy. But that's not why they're saying it's scummy, so yes, I am upset by their illogical reasoning

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm waiting for more time to pass or, if there were a consensus that we should execute tonight.

So vote me. You pretty much say that you will. And you aren't. Which is hypocritical for a guy calling on me for fence sitting

You're not voting me because you want to see if this is going to gain traction. And that's loving scummy, hence my vote on you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Squiggly, you're getting lynched today. Do you want to claim now so we can start talking about that?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

Squiggly, you're getting lynched today. Do you want to claim now so we can start talking about that?

Another helpful post from third party king merk

Naw I think I'll wait for more than 3 votes before claiming. Thanks though for the kind offer

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
merk do your work

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hey merk I thought you were done with this game. Afraid you can't railroad me to the lynch?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

Hey merk I thought you were done with this game. Afraid you can't railroad me to the lynch?

I'm 100% sure you are getting lynched today barring an amazing claim. I figure that we may as well start that discussion now, unless you want to try to present a viable alternative lynch candidate.

Gamerofthegame posted:

merk do your work

I finished one of my work things and checked the thread. I'm going back at it now.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm content with my vote on amoeba for setting up a vote and waiting to see if anyone else latches on. You guys are working in conjunction p. well

That 3 vote "claim now" is probably the worst play I've ever seen though

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Am I voting merk?

##vote merk

COME ON GUYS MAKE IT HAPPEN

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quidnose, you're still banging that drum? Give me your run down of what's happened today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I haven't been paying attention :allears:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fair enough.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

I haven't been paying attention :allears:

I made a case on Squiggly. Please read it. After reading it, do you think my case on Squiggly is stronger than your case on me? If not, why not?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly is making me laugh. Laugh at how scummy he is!
##unvote
##vote Squiggly

Spoonsy is still a good vote too, but since he said he had real-life issues I'd rather give him a chance to contribute/replace.

Squiggly on the other hand has said plenty today and I really don't buy "oh that was an obvious joke" line about the one vote but even if it was he's spent way too much time on an awkward defense of himself and what little looking he has done for scum is pretty forced.

Quidnose is like the most frustrating town of all time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose stop voting merk that is dumb. Use your powers for something useful

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

merk, you know I love you but I could write a merk bot that would be indistinguishable from you given all the catchphrases you've built up.

merk, would you describe what wins is doing this game as "content lurking?"

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I know you didn't ask me, but I would!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Squiggly

See you all D3.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Squiggly posted:

I didn't like the post, correct. Didn't mean I actually wanted to vote him though. I feel like there's a difference between the two

Squiggly posted:

I DONT JUMP OFF OF A VOTE ITS NT A REAL VOTE MY ONLY VOTE IS ON QUID STOP BEING SO loving DENSE

Ok I'm awake and less groggy than last night and actually, I'm sorry Squiggly but this is actually really damning. It's a pretty convoluted defense, where the natural answer would've been you forgot or something and I don't think anyone would've cared. It's made worse by the fact that you mis-voted gamer purposefully and the only saving grace is perhaps your reasoning is so complicated that it may be true, but simplicity I think is key and I feel you got caught in a lie and are back peddling hard.

You say you didn't like the post and wanted to prod gamer, but there are so many other ways to do that than fakely voting. I think you were serious about the vote. Even if we're to take you seriously and accept it as a tactic it's a pretty bad one and nothing, absolutely nothing, would've been lost by laying a 100% real vote on gamer. The fact that you're trying to be clever about it is super weird and unnatural.

Now you say that your two cases, the real one on QPQ, and the prod one on gamer are really different of quality and distinguishable in their own right. And while it's true there's less accusation in the gamer, the fact that you look for back-up in regards to QPQ really weakens your vote to the point that it's not really all that much better than the fake-gamer vote. The two votes are presented below:

Squiggly posted:

I think it's QuoProQuid. Convenient posting, pushing lines that don't need to be pushed, following the crowd. Someone else read him and tell me I'm crazy

##vote QuoProQuid

Squiggly posted:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

The points merk and other make on bussing can stand but that's not something I'm as good at reading and so I'm not looking into that, it's this "not" vote thing that's the worst and most damning thing I've seen all game so far.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So with that in mind, as much as I dislike merk's arrogance (seriously I think you're a lot of fun to play with but tone that down, it's unpleasant), I think he has a point. More can likely be said about Squiggly but I think it'll be re-treads or other players like me discovering for themselves his scumminess. Your claim would move us past this discussion and onto a new one.

##unvote

##vote Squiggly

I still would vote Punt and Spoons but of the 3 Squiggly is the scummiest.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
One day people will learn that there's a difference between a dumb town move and scum

Pretty much why I stopped playing. Cheers all! Have a good game

Ecco commence with the lynch! Consider this my PM to you

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
OK then, ##unvote
##vote Squiggly

It was nice playing with you again Squiggly, hope you come back soon.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

One day people will learn that there's a difference between a dumb town move and scum

Pretty much why I stopped playing. Cheers all! Have a good game

Fun game. Thanks for playing.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Squiggly, no claim?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Squiggly is making me laugh. Laugh at how scummy he is!
##unvote
##vote Squiggly

Spoonsy is still a good vote too, but since he said he had real-life issues I'd rather give him a chance to contribute/replace.

Squiggly on the other hand has said plenty today and I really don't buy "oh that was an obvious joke" line about the one vote but even if it was he's spent way too much time on an awkward defense of himself and what little looking he has done for scum is pretty forced.

Quidnose is like the most frustrating town of all time

Squiggly, as everyone else has pointed out: you've acted incredibly weird about this Gamer vote.
##vote Squiggly

According to the vote bot, this is hammer-1.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

-1 on Squiggly.

Nth ya gotta contribute more. I know it's your first game and you're nervous or something but you keep laying back and putting a vote on someone in the end. Work on it. :justpost:

To the rest, should I hammer now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you're going to do it, just do it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Man, asking to hammer is such a lame thing.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Nth ya gotta contribute more. I know it's your first game and you're nervous or something but you keep laying back and putting a vote on someone in the end. Work on it. :justpost:

Yeah, I know. Quidnose's response to me got me into a much more deliberate mood. Between that, and reading the thread mostly on my phone, I haven't seen much that I ought to contribute.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, asking the group if you should hammer absolves you of any responsibility if he flips town. You're making it look like you're doing this for the good of the town instead of owning your vote. That is so incredibly lame.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hammer him. He's not going to claim.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

We got a few day and plenty of time to wait, hence why I was asking.

But fine, I don't think he'll claim either.

##unvote
##vote Squiggly

:redhammer:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

... We have a whole day, even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Squiggly posted:

Hello dead friend! In the future only an actual PM counts.

==================

:c: The Final Day 2 Votecount :c:

Squiggly (9): merk, fiery_valkyrie, Quidnose, -Quidnose, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Amoeba102, 100YrsofAttitude, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Nth Doctor, Gamerofthegame
Amoeba102 (1): Squiggly
Quidnose (1): Gamerofthegame, Max, -Gamerofthegame
merk (1): Quidnose, -Quidnose, Quidnose
Puntification (1): wins32767, 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude
Spoonsy (1): Hal Incandenza, zzyzx, chaoslord, -chaoslord, -Hal Incandenza
Max (1): Quinquereme
zzyzx (0): 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude
Quinquereme (0): WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS

Not Voting (2): Puntification, Spoonsy

:h: With 17 players alive, it took 9 votes to be executed.
:d: The deadline was July 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT.

======================

(sorry ICR the robot has it correct and I wanna get the flip posted!)

• Locked thread