Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Ex Hex has to happen because it not happening would constitute a crime and Harmonix would have to go to Music Jail if they didn't do it and no one wants that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

abraham linksys posted:

I think I have to get over my sadness that Mastodon will never make anything as good as Crack the Skye again and just embrace what they're doing now, huh :smith:

I didn't like The Hunter much at first but holy poo poo has it grown on me. I think I like it better than any of their other albums at this point, even crack the skye, blood mountain, or leviathan.

I imagine that the same thing maaay happen to once more after I've had time to chew on it? We'll see.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Courtney Barnett sold out the 800 capacity club here a few months back before I even knew she was playing here so I mean she's not UNKNOWN and also I'm sad I missed it

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
First game to add a Pop Will Eat Itself song wins the rights to brag about having Clint Mansell music in its soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxycYzogeys

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah GHL is pretty much almost all 2010 centric going for the vaping teens and why shouldn't they?

They should. Harmonix is getting hammered because they are working on a game that has roughly 10 times the feature GH:L has while making DLC porting a reality and making older instruments compatible, while Activision is getting little heat for basically keeping only guitar, forcing people to buy new hardware and adding almost no features. That to me means that they could release anything decent and people will still buy it, in which case they should go for cheaper material and targeted to a younger audience, in contrast with Rock Band 4.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Double post, sorry.

farottone fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 15, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

toymach1ne posted:

Guess that makes you a fool for a lifetime

But I never got to be king...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Maybe now that they're sort of relevant again, I'll finally see a Blind Guardian track on a GH/RB game.

It's all I've wanted in a music game since high school. I don't even listen to them anymore.

e: lmao at their website's description of the new album

Opening with a tidal wave of surging emotion courtesy of a spine-tingling choir Beyond the Red Mirror unleashes its first gem, “The Ninth Wave”, a consciousness-expanding palette of landscapes and moods bearing the message of an urgent mission still seeking resolution. Closing with an explosion of heroic harmonies & choral glories with a nine-and-a-half minute, self-contained saga “Grand Parade” (called “the best song we have ever written” by Olbrich), the grandiose, uplifting, and ingenious storytelling in Beyond the Red Mirror is guaranteed to leave you breathless.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 15, 2015

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Kuuenbu alt detected! :siren:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

quote:

outed by Helldump as a creepy basement-dwelling aspie recluse

welp, that checks out, time to go fight with my dad

or I would if he wasn't dead. I will fight with his ghost.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Nah he didn't say anything about how poorly compressed modern music is.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ALFbrot posted:

Nah he didn't say anything about how poorly compressed modern music is.

LOUDNESS RACE!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I want to feel sorry for Kuuenbu and his Asperger's, but he semi-regularly participates on some GBS-FM spin-off podcast and he's just so goddamn LOUD he dominates every conversation and interrupts and talks over everyone.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Don't forget to drop in to check the condition of our release today in half an hour!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 custom song releases for July 17, 2015:

New! At the Movies C02 7-pack
  • Duran Duran - "A View to a Kill" (ShadowOfTheServer feat. farottone)
    (from A View to a Kill)
  • Kenny Loggins - "Playing with the Boys" (ShadowOfTheServer feat. Nightmare Lyra)
    (from Top Gun)
  • Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" (farottone)
    (from The Big Lebowski)
  • Lit - "Over My Head" (farottone)
    (from Titan A.E.)
  • Madonna - "Who's That Girl" (farottone)
    (from Who's That Girl)
  • Queen - "Who Wants to Live Forever" (farottone)
    (from Highlander)
  • Seal - "Kiss from a Rose" (farottone and Gigakoops)
    (from Batman Forever)

pksage fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 17, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I will download most of these and play the poo poo out of them. Thanks :)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Gonna sing the poo poo out of kiss from a rose

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMCR66zjZo

Cool week.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

This is stealthily a killer week. That Loggins song is amazing.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" (farottone)
(from The Big Lebowski)

Basically this is Fallon's Nonsense Karaoke, 40 years before it was a thing.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
>At the movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzaUddim4X4

missed opportunity imo

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I want to. I want to live forever.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Well, huh, bye Aaron Trites I guess. :(

Community Manager and 7-year company vet leaving in the middle of the run-up to a flagship holiday release that may financially make or break the publisher seems... a bad omen?

Help me out here, what should I be making of this if anything?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Probably just a guy leaving his job because it's his decision?

Probably not worth jumping to bad conclusions yet.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

At this rate I won't have any more Harmonix employees to follow on Twitter, and I'll just be following a bunch of former game industry people.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
The way I see it, there's 3 ways to look at it.

He left because:

1) He wanted to and has a higher profile or higher pay job lined up. This is the best scenario since it just means he's going somewhere better, and it doesn't suggest anything as far as RB4.
2) He wanted to and is going to a lesser position elsewhere or going to be unemployed and just starting to look elsewhere. This is probably the worst case scenario, since by all accounts his position is one to go up in status and/or pay once RB4 hits - unless he has insider knowledge that the release will be a flop and is getting out early.
3) He didn't want to and was let go/laid off/fired - this doesn't bode well since by all accounts he's done a stellar job over the last 7 years - so firing him is not a good PR move for HMX and laying him off due to financials doesn't inspire confidence in the company.

In any case, all we can do is wait and see if this is the portent of something worse to come or not at all related to RB4 and HMX's future.

That is, of course, ignoring the rumor that HMXHenry is joining C3 and helping customs live on. But I wouldn't know anything about that since I no longer have inside information on C3's doings.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Man, I didn't even really want to get into theories. It's just... very inauspicious. That and if he had somewhere to go, normally people happily announce that sorta thing at the same time.

The gist here is that when you have so little to go on about the game still you start reading way too much into everything little scrap of half-relevant information that comes along.

He was a very public face for the company for stuff like Giant Bomb and other press appearances; he was nice the handful of times I cornered him for 30 seconds, and genuinely seemed like a stand-up dude. (Which at least means he was very good at his job.) Hopefully he either lands on his feet or is moving on to something he can't talk about yet.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Mad Catz basically said they're betting what they have left on RB4 and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Harmonix. I hope it does well for them but I just don't see RB4 or GH Live selling all that well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for July 17, 2015:

New! At the Movies C02 7-pack
  • Duran Duran - "A View to a Kill" (ShadowOfTheServer feat. farottone)
    (from A View to a Kill)
  • Kenny Loggins - "Playing with the Boys" (ShadowOfTheServer feat. Nightmare Lyra)
    (from Top Gun)
  • Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" (farottone)
    (from The Big Lebowski)
  • Lit - "Over My Head" (farottone)
    (from Titan A.E.)
  • Madonna - "Who's That Girl" (farottone)
    (from Who's That Girl)
  • Queen - "Who Wants to Live Forever" (farottone)
    (from Highlander)
  • Seal - "Kiss from a Rose" (farottone and Gigakoops)
    (from Batman Forever)

This week rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYGRxRCCoc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABavfazPTjo

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

TrojanNemo posted:

The way I see it, there's 3 ways to look at it.

He left because:

<snip>

Or he just left for Non-Harmonix related reasons. (Spouses job, Family situation, wanted to Live somewhere else OR do something completely different).
7-years is a long time to be doing one thing.

@spoeank: I was going to post that video! A Perfect song for a blackmail Duet.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

TrojanNemo posted:

1) He wanted to and has a higher profile or higher pay job lined up. This is the best scenario since it just means he's going somewhere better, and it doesn't suggest anything as far as RB4.

I'm going to hit this strange discussion with Occam's razor: dude was offered more pay somewhere else. Come up with conspiracy theories when you have evidence.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Aaron Trites moves to Leamington Spa and becomes GH's Community Developer (the job I applied for)

/tinfoil hat

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 18, 2015

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Isn't Harmonix changing offices right now? Maybe he was looking at some other offers and it seemed like as good of a time as any.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Could be! All I know is that people who leave a high-visibility position often also say where they're going if it's pertinent.

Might be something outside of games. Might be something he's not at liberty to talk about yet. I dunno! Hope it goes well.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

whypick1 posted:

So basically Rock Band Blitz, got it.
Someone else confirm this for me: Rock Band Blitz has also been unavailable for the last few months. I think its segment of the Rock Central servers has been shut down. RIP.

Merijn posted:

Comedy option:

Don't joke, "Bananaphone" would bring the house down. oh wait they took out keys

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm pretty sure RBB is still working? There may be some weirdness in these few weeks since they're moving offices so stuff may not be available, but I can probably double check tomorrow when I'm home.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I hope so. I used to play that game regularly, but I suddenly became unable to connect every time I booted the game. I posted a screenshot in a RB3 social group on facebook and people were telling me the entire game's been dead for a while. :(
I hope that game still works. I was grinding to see the highest worldwide cumulative score I could get. I was somewhere in the 30s before I became unable to connect. The #1 ranked player (I think still MarkTheMaestro) used to message me about being unable to beat scores of mine.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRVmiqm84k

give me Best Fake Plastic Instruments game, please. DJ Hero 3, where you at