Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am almost surprised at how much I hated The Canon.

It started terribly, but I think later on they settled into something good. Their Blow Out/Saturday Night Fever episodes were really good, as was Pretty In Pink, if only for highlighting how odious parts of that movie are.

I hate saying it because I like her writing but Amy Nicholson is out of her depth in some ways. Faraci is a dick, but he'll make a great observation about the subtext of a movie etc and then as a counter-point Amy will say 'Well I found this interview the Director did...'. I think when they're so strongly opposed is when the show is at its worst, when you think it should make it better.

Flophouse is weird because the movie stuff is so non-existent that I don't know why they bother with it. They clearly don't have much interest in it. You'd think WHM would be the best of the bunch except it's people who love the sound of their own voices proclaiming a incidental moment to be the 'craziest thing ever!!!!!!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrVenkman posted:

. You'd think WHM would be the best of the bunch except it's people who love the sound of their own voices proclaiming a incidental moment to be the 'craziest thing ever!!!!!!'

Do you mean How did this get made?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DangerDummy! posted:

I was expecting them to hit on exactly why Tank or Dozer (can't remember which) wasn't in the Matrix sequels. the actor went all weird stalker and acting up at promotional appearances and stuff, and started harassing the Wachowskis about poo poo. They had to fire him.

I'm phone posting at work or I'd find a link. It wasn't anything too crazy, but I remember it being a pretty interesting career self-sabotage.

Oh wow, I always just assumed the actor demanded more money or something, and they said, "Uh, you hardly matter to these movies. Watch, we're replacing you with the guy from Lost."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Oh wow, I always just assumed the actor demanded more money or something, and they said, "Uh, you hardly matter to these movies. Watch, we're replacing you with the guy from Lost."

At that point it was Oz and the reason he got shanked.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bobkatt013 posted:

At that point it was Oz and the reason he got shanked.

Oh right, Lost was 2004.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

bobkatt013 posted:

Do you mean How did this get made?

I'm a dick, but yes.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The throwaway joke of Chris and Steve being sent to Oingo Boingo's fat camp made me laugh way too much. I'd love to see that sketch.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just posted to their Facebook:

"Next week on the penultimate episode of the '14-'15 season, the gang takes a certain LEAGUE to task... And also bids bon voyage to a dear friend.
With that, no more deets. Have a great weekend, gang! We'll see you Tuesday!"

I wonder who's leaving. And the movie has to be LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I hope the dear friend thing is just because that was Connery's last movie. I'll cry my fat idiot eyes out if one of the hosts is gone.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

"Next week on the penultimate episode of the '14-'15 season, the gang takes a certain LEAGUE to task... And also bids bon voyage to a dear friend.

I wonder who's leaving. And the movie has to be LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.

I think the friend is the apt that they currently record in. On twitter they have shown pictures of them packing up and moving.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I hope the dear friend thing is just because that was Connery's last movie. I'll cry my fat idiot eyes out if one of the hosts is gone.

Someone doesn't know about Sir Billi

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Andrew Jupin is moving to a different borough, I think; he's been posting about it on twitter for a while. He might stop being a regular? They've made mention on Facebook about trying to get movies in before "things change".

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
A few months ago, one of the guys asked on Reddit about recording studios in Manhattan because he was no longer going to be living in NYC proper. It was posted using the whmpodcast username that I believe Andrew and Eric both have used. So I think they're doing their best to accommodate any changes coming down the pipeline and (hopefully) no one's going to be leaving.

It would be real neat if Eric dropped by again to talk more about this.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

A few months ago, one of the guys asked on Reddit about recording studios in Manhattan because he was no longer going to be living in NYC proper. It was posted using the whmpodcast username that I believe Andrew and Eric both have used. So I think they're doing their best to accommodate any changes coming down the pipeline and (hopefully) no one's going to be leaving.

It would be real neat if Eric dropped by again to talk more about this.

I think that means no more tall glasses of water before recording.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's Jupins podcast so I don't think he'd be the one leaving. I hope it's not Sajdack. He's my fave.

I think they're referring to Connery or the new digs though

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Maybe it's going to be Major League III and they'll segue via Walton Goggins into an on screen about Boyd Crowder and Justified.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

egon_beeblebrox posted:

And the movie has to be LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029127/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_178 :colbert:

About time some one took that no bit hack Alfred E. Green down a peg or two.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don't want anyone to leave. :saddowns:

It's Listener Request Month for both WHMPrime and Animation Damnation, right? Can I just email in my suggestion for AD, since it also involves sending a link to the cartoon? Because I have a doozy for them...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's Listener Request Month for both WHMPrime and Animation Damnation, right? Can I just email in my suggestion for AD, since it also involves sending a link to the cartoon? Because I have a doozy for them...

Ad is email only as it requires a link to it.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Gyges posted:

Maybe it's going to be Major League III and they'll segue via Walton Goggins into an on screen about Boyd Crowder and Justified.

It is indeed League of Extraordinary Gentleman, as confirmed on their On Screen of the San Diego comicon. The app had paid for itself this month alone - 3 Mission Impossible episodes, 2 on-screens.... They just need a good Side Order Of Sleaze, they haven't had one in a long long time!!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I "Ohhh noooooo"'d outloud when I saw that post

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I forget, when is the Green Lantern review getting put on Youtube?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Possibly a dumb question: is there any way to get the app running on an iPhone? I bought the Android app when it first came out but now it refuses to load on my tablet, and the FAQ about the app on their site is pretty out of date--the "Podcast Box" app on iOS changed its name and doesn't have WHM on it anymore.

I also deleted the app so I could reinstall it, but for some reason there's no longer a download link on the Amazon page, nor can I grab it by looking at past orders. I'm completely stumped.

bobservo fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 20, 2015

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I want to like Blame It On Outer Space so badly, but god drat is it a chore.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

bobservo posted:

Possibly a dumb question: is there any way to get the app running on an iPhone? I bought the Android app when it first came out but now it refuses to load on my tablet, and the FAQ about the app on their site is pretty out of date--the "Podcast Box" app on iOS changed its name and doesn't have WHM on it anymore.

I also deleted the app so I could reinstall it, but for some reason there's no longer a download link on the Amazon page, nor can I grab it by looking at past orders. I'm completely stumped.

The iOS app is called The Podcast Source now, but it should still have WHM on it, it's been updating fine with all their new stuff for me. It still works the way the old one did, the main app is free and then you do an in-app purchase for WHM.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Ugh. Going by Jupins twitter feed someone is leaving. This sucks.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it Martin Cinemax III? I heard he was retiring and his son Martin Cinemax IV was going to take over.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm pretty sure Eric Szyszka is leaving, so that a spot can open up for Eric Movie to join as a permanent member.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yaws posted:

That'd explain why they've been doing so many episodes will all four of them lately. :( This does suck.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

If someone is leaving, Justin Case for recurring guest host.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TetsuoTW posted:

If someone is leaving, Justin Case for recurring guest host.

That would soothe the sting a little bit, yeah.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

It's the "we" and "movies" part of the name that are leaving, from now on the podcast will be known simply as HATE.

Enter promo code HATE.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I heard they are getting a new member Eric Secunduska

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
RIPD :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Yaws posted:

Noooooooooo!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Eric made a tweet that said "The End" yesterday along with this picture that I don't get. It could just be referring to Jupin's move, though?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Which one of you gave us that subtle shout-out in the comments on that photo?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

GrandpaPants posted:

Eric made a tweet that said "The End" yesterday along with this picture that I don't get. It could just be referring to Jupin's move, though?

ericszyszkaConspiracy theorists: I'm moving out of my apartment not We Hate Movies

I'm still very wary someone's leaving. I'm going to legitimately be bummed out if somebody leaves, I don't care who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

When do we find out who's leaving?