Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
resident evil remake is an excellent remake. i got it for £10 and this was a fair and good price.

resident evil 2 is my favourite resident evil because of the four storylines meshing so well and being varied enough that it felt different.

resident evil 3 has jill 'hottie' valentine kicking rear end.

a good trilogy :>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kristen schaal can do no wrong in my book. she should do voice work for video games imho

also, i know i'm really late, but if you like campy lovely horror evil within is fun and ok, especially for less than 20 dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

its fun, i beat it, but you have to be really bored of playing super metroid to enjoy it because it does things differently just to do them differently and subvert your expectations but a lot of the time its something dumb like a fake boss fight (there's a long stretch of consecutive boss fights that are fake and not actually boss fights in a game with too few bosses that aren't poo poo) or an item that is a pain in rear end to use until the end of the game.

oh also the enemies in the final sections of the game are really bullshit and the sound effects throughout are aggressively bad.

I agree with all of this, except I didn't reach the final area because I stopped playing after a few hours. Most disappointing game this year, everything I read about it seemed so positive but nobody ever once mentioned the basic fact of how slow your movement speed is. Instantly turned me off and I had to stop after a little bit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Oh yeah google is a thing huh :v:

Wait Axiom Verge was by one guy? Like... all of it? God drat.

And it's the worst metroid-inspired 2d indie game developed by one person. Have you played Cave Story my man, it's extremely good.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I'm still having fun with RONIN, though it gets a lot tougher than this. I didn't think it would be as challenging as it is. Good stuff.

Giant Beast did a quicklook if you want a longer taste.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CJacobs posted:

Guacamelee's incorporation of the Metroid mechanics is different than how Metroid itself does it. In Metroid, you see an obstacle that you need an item you don't have to pass, so you come back later when you have that object and open up a new route to progress on the interconnected map. Guacamelee simplifies it so that the obstacles don't often lead to entirely new routes, just short paths that lead to extra collectibles or fights/platforming that utilizes the move you used to open up the path. The only time they really use unlockable moves for progress is just after you get the new move in question, at which point you have to use it to get back out of the area you got it in and proceed onward.

So that's cool I guess.

Yeah I'm beginning to realize Ori was almost exactly the same, just with more platforming focus than combat focus a la Guacamelee

I think I liked the platforming focus more, but Guacamelee is still quite good so far :)

In Training posted:

And it's the worst metroid-inspired 2d indie game developed by one person. Have you played Cave Story my man, it's extremely good.

I'm still gonna play it 'cos I bought it so there. Who knows I might like it anyway despite the (perfectly reasonable) complaints espoused in this thread

And yes Cave Story is very very good, I used to be baller as heck at Hell Temple speed runs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

guacmelee's platforming is mainly saved for item pickups and some of those rooms are devious

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

guacmelee's platforming is mainly saved for item pickups and some of those rooms are devious

It does pull off the light and dark world very well.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The malicious prank of "swatting" -- calling in false emergencies that send swarms of heavily armed cops to a school or home -- is often perpetrated by X-Box gamers who occasionally hijack peoples' Twitter or Facebook accounts and refuse to release them unless the victims make a swatting call, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

The affidavit cites the case of Matthew Tollis, of Wethersfield, Connecticut, who is accused of taking part in seven swatting calls. Tollis was allegedly part of a group that threatened to bomb the University of Connecticut, attack the home of an individual in Connecticut, create false threats to school across the country, and in one ghoulish call told police that a man with an assault rifle was headed to the new Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of a notorious massacre of staff and first graders.

Tollis claimed to federal investigators that he began taking part in the swatting calls after he was targeted online by hackers who "doxed" him, a tactic of posting online all of his personal information, including Social Security numbers and passwords, and "pizza bombing" him, sending large numbers of pizzas to his house which he then had to pay for, according to the federal document.

“Tollis explained that he began to look for ways to protect himself and his family from online abuse,” FBI investigators wrote in the federal affidavit obtained by ABC News. He told the FBI he joined a group of gamers who called themselves “TeAM Crucifix or Die” (TCOD) because “it would discourage others from bullying him.”

The group's membership allegedly includes gamers who live in the United Kingdom and use names like Verified, Jordy and Declaws, the affidavit states. Tollis used the name Hxrbor, according to the document.

Tollis, 21, was arrested Sept. 3, for his alleged role in the April 3 swatting call that claimed there was a bomb at the University of Connecticut. He is charged with three counts connected to the UConn incident as well as three counts of federal conspiracy and aiding and abetting.

Tollis' attorney Jeremy Weingast had no comment on Friday before Tollis was due in federal court.

When he was interviewed by investigators, Tollis said he was involved in a total of seven swatting calls, including calls to a high school in Texas, two in New Jersey and one in Florida, the document states. There were also threats made against Boston University and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Tollis denied making the calls himself, "but admitted that he had laughed in the background of the calls,” the affidavit states.

He also told investigator he knew about a host of others that the group allegedly perpetrated, including the call regarding Sandy Hook Elementary School, the document states.

“I was scared of being their next target so I did not inform the Authorities of their Actions,” Tollis wrote in the statement, according to the affidavit. “I stood by and watched as resources were wasted for hoax calls. I did so out of fear and regret associating myself with these people."

The federal affidavit, filed Sept. 9 in U.S. District Court in New Haven, Conn., said "the group primarily consists of Microsoft X-Box players or gamers." It described how a victim of doxing may have their personal identity details publicized or have their Twitter account taken over with the hackers "extorting individuals seeking to regain control of their Twitter accounting by requiring the individual to, among other things, send nude photos of themselves or calling the police to report an incident that would require specialized units like SWAT or the bomb squad to respond (swatting,)" the affidavit states.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

The malicious prank of "swatting" -- calling in false emergencies that send swarms of heavily armed cops to a school or home -- is often perpetrated by X-Box gamers who occasionally hijack peoples' Twitter or Facebook accounts and refuse to release them unless the victims make a swatting call, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

The affidavit cites the case of Matthew Tollis, of Wethersfield, Connecticut, who is accused of taking part in seven swatting calls. Tollis was allegedly part of a group that threatened to bomb the University of Connecticut, attack the home of an individual in Connecticut, create false threats to school across the country, and in one ghoulish call told police that a man with an assault rifle was headed to the new Sandy Hook Elementary School, the scene of a notorious massacre of staff and first graders.

Tollis claimed to federal investigators that he began taking part in the swatting calls after he was targeted online by hackers who "doxed" him, a tactic of posting online all of his personal information, including Social Security numbers and passwords, and "pizza bombing" him, sending large numbers of pizzas to his house which he then had to pay for, according to the federal document.

“Tollis explained that he began to look for ways to protect himself and his family from online abuse,” FBI investigators wrote in the federal affidavit obtained by ABC News. He told the FBI he joined a group of gamers who called themselves “TeAM Crucifix or Die” (TCOD) because “it would discourage others from bullying him.”

The group's membership allegedly includes gamers who live in the United Kingdom and use names like Verified, Jordy and Declaws, the affidavit states. Tollis used the name Hxrbor, according to the document.

Tollis, 21, was arrested Sept. 3, for his alleged role in the April 3 swatting call that claimed there was a bomb at the University of Connecticut. He is charged with three counts connected to the UConn incident as well as three counts of federal conspiracy and aiding and abetting.

Tollis' attorney Jeremy Weingast had no comment on Friday before Tollis was due in federal court.

When he was interviewed by investigators, Tollis said he was involved in a total of seven swatting calls, including calls to a high school in Texas, two in New Jersey and one in Florida, the document states. There were also threats made against Boston University and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Tollis denied making the calls himself, "but admitted that he had laughed in the background of the calls,” the affidavit states.

He also told investigator he knew about a host of others that the group allegedly perpetrated, including the call regarding Sandy Hook Elementary School, the document states.

“I was scared of being their next target so I did not inform the Authorities of their Actions,” Tollis wrote in the statement, according to the affidavit. “I stood by and watched as resources were wasted for hoax calls. I did so out of fear and regret associating myself with these people."

The federal affidavit, filed Sept. 9 in U.S. District Court in New Haven, Conn., said "the group primarily consists of Microsoft X-Box players or gamers." It described how a victim of doxing may have their personal identity details publicized or have their Twitter account taken over with the hackers "extorting individuals seeking to regain control of their Twitter accounting by requiring the individual to, among other things, send nude photos of themselves or calling the police to report an incident that would require specialized units like SWAT or the bomb squad to respond (swatting,)" the affidavit states.

I don't see why he would be afraid, any sort of round looks like it would bounce right off him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Matthew Trollis

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sir did you order these 25 pizzas

I uhhhh, *licks lips* n-no, I uhhh *fumbles* ohh noo.. i guess i have.. i have to eat all these.. pizzas

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

I used to kind of hate Paul Robertson but now that he's willing to put his animation skills to work for people who can actually write stories and make characters I like him a lot more.

The episode of Gravity Falls where one of the characters falls in love with an evil sentient Japanese dating sim was amazing and he did all of the sprite animation for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqef_yF-VAI

He did that great psychedelic Simpsons intro too. I like all his stand-alone stuff but the kid show animation he's doing now is pretty damned amazing. I just wish he could get attached to a better game, maybe an actual Metal Slug reboot.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 17, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sir heres your 25 pizzas

Oh nooo i've been pizza bombed again

Sir the caller ID came from your address

Oh nooo I have to eat all of these pizzas now

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

videogames are for degenerates i'll see you dudes in pet island

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sir heres your 25 pizzas

Oh nooo i've been pizza bombed again

Sir the caller ID came from your address

Oh nooo I have to eat all of these pizzas now

I remember when you made this post ten minutes ago and it was also bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

In Training posted:

I remember when you made this post ten minutes ago and it was also bad.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm beginning to feel bad about breaking this goat guy's chozo statues :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the old guys doorstep poop prank scene from Billy Madison

E: but with pizza

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's your 25 pizzas, sir, here they are, the pizzas that you ordered, this is them.

I did not order any pizzas.

Actually sir, you did sir, you ordered 25 pizzas, yes, 25 pizzas right to this address, and this is those pizzas, these are they.

But I did not order any pizzas.

You ordered 25 pizzas and I, the pizza man, brought them to your door.

I did not do that. The thing you say, it was not me, I did not.

You did, and I have the pizzas to prove it.

No, stop, I don't like them, I don't want them, o cruel fate.

The pizzas, the pizzas, you must.

No, no, it is too much and too many.

Here they are, sir, here are the pizzas.

Please stop, please.

I cannot, you ordered 25 pizzas and must eat them, you must do it now.

It is too many crusts, too many pepperonis upon them.

You must do it, they have to be eaten, and you have ordered them. You have called us, and called this bounty of pizzas on yourself.

No, not bounty, no.

These are the pizzas, and they are what they are, the situation will not change.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I just dont understand how you cant just say "I didnt order them" and then the guy leaves

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

These are the pizzas, and they are what they are, the situation will not change.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's your 25 pizzas, sir, here they are, the pizzas that you ordered, this is them.

Actually sir, you did sir, you ordered 25 pizzas, yes, 25 pizzas right to this address, and this is those pizzas, these are they.

Please stop, please.

You must do it, they have to be eaten, and you have ordered them. You have called us, and called this bounty of pizzas on yourself.

No, not bounty, no.

We've all been there

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please stop, please.

No, not bounty, no.

Father? You're not a pizza guy anymore, please stop knocking on peoples doors, you don't have a right to scare people like that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
sir, we dont sell pizzas. this is a mcdonalds drive thru

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

sir, we dont sell pizzas. this is a mcdonalds drive thru

THIS IS NOT TRUE THEY DO SELL PIZZA

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
25 orders of captain crunch balls please this is where i order right

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I just dont understand how you cant just say "I didnt order them" and then the guy leaves

you actually totally can

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

The Taint Reaper posted:

THIS IS NOT TRUE THEY DO SELL PIZZA

You blew my mind. 2 cities still sell pizza.

And in MN, Jalapeno double stacks are still here.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Do you think he would be fat if that was possible?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
McDonalds selling pizza is no new poop on me, they tried that in like 1983 as a test market thing

what is loving weird is taco bell trying to sell breakfast. if you're getting breakfast at taco bell, you're probably not picky about which exact foods are considered "breakfast"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I guess you could say that in the eyes of that pizza delivery man...

... the facts were useless.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

bloodychill posted:

25 orders of captain crunch balls please this is where i order right

i tried these and they are lot less sugar blasted than i hoped

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did the thing where you put baconator fries on a baconator and ate the whole thing.

And I'm still not hungry even though I ate it on wednesday. 10 dollars for a meal that will sate you for three days.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
^^I totally forgot about baconator fries, I know where I'm going tomorrow night

precision posted:

McDonalds selling pizza is no new poop on me, they tried that in like 1983 as a test market thing

what is loving weird is taco bell trying to sell breakfast. if you're getting breakfast at taco bell, you're probably not picky about which exact foods are considered "breakfast"

Ummm, eggs and bacon wrapped in a waffle is a great idea and I appreciate the ingenuity.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hubris.height posted:

kristen schaal can do no wrong in my book. she should do voice work for video games imho

Ubiart is making a Gravity Falls game for 3DS so she'll be in that, at least.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

hubris.height posted:

i tried these and they are lot less sugar blasted than i hoped

:agreed: I actually had some last night and they were indeed somehow disappointing even for how stupid ridiculous they sounded. Also they discontinued the diablo sauce that people have been talking about so I never got to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Diablo is still sold here, perhaps your state can't handle the heat?

• Locked thread