Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

jase1 posted:

My gift to you. I need to either settle up with my bookie because I am over the 10k limit in winnings or I spoke to my bookie and he is letting make 1 more 1k bet before I have to cash out and start over from 0. You guys get to pick what fight I bet on and I will make that bet. Please choose a fight from the UFC event tomorrow as I will be playing poker and be able to watch it.

1 large on Ilir Latifi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I think a grand on Marcus Brimage is much more in the spirit of PSPMMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
with stakes this high i say put your money on the only fight that makes sense: Mickael Lebout vs. Teemu Packalén, neither of whom anybody has ever heard of

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
does he do prop bets? because i would bet on duffy knocking out ivan jorge then calling out conor mcgregor.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

with stakes this high i say put your money on the only fight that makes sense: Mickael Lebout vs. Teemu Packalén, neither of whom anybody has ever heard of

Teemu Packalen is a strong sounding name, but it also might be one of those instances where the name outperforms the fighter.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

does he do prop bets? because i would bet on duffy knocking out ivan jorge then calling out conor mcgregor.

Yes I can do prop bets that's how I won the Robbie Lawler bet and put me in this situation. poo poo I will bet on whatever the highest odds are on that card if you guys want me to I don't mind a big underdog bet .

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

jase1 posted:

Yes I can do prop bets that's how I won the Robbie Lawler bet and put me in this situation. poo poo I will bet on whatever the highest odds are on that card if you guys want me to I don't mind a big underdog bet .

Put it all on Bisping

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Yuriy posted:

Put it all on Bisping

That would hurt the most unless of course he gets knocked out Henderson style then it would be worth the 1k.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

jase1 posted:

That would hurt the most unless of course he gets knocked out Henderson style then it would be worth the 1k.

in that case you should put it all on Thales Leites winning by TKO at +450.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Thats not too bad actually

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah that's my vote

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

OK sounds good to me. I could only get it at +400 so its 1k to win 5k.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

jase1 posted:

OK sounds good to me. I could only get it at +400 so its 1k to win 5k.

Thank you for betting on the funniest possible ending to the main event. Bisping getting KO'd is never not great.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Thales' hands are good and heavy. I cannot believe I just typed that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

Thales' hands are good and heavy. I cannot believe I just typed that.

yeah. his striking has improved a ton since he made his UFC return and Bisping has also been getting clipped in all of his recent fights.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah. his striking has improved a ton since he made his UFC return and Bisping has also been getting clipped in all of his recent fights.

Didn't Dolloway rock him at least once or twice during their fight?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh, man. Fight nights have been way more entertaining since I started following this thread. Good luck, Jase!

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Didn't Dolloway rock him at least once or twice during their fight?

IIRC he dropped him in the first

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jase, do you have a gambling story thread still? I enjoyed reading that one a while back.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bisping has eaten an overhand right in just about every fight he's ever had, to the point that I was actually considering making a montage of all of them set to his manager in the hendo fight screaming at him to stop circling left.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
We are all rooting for you jase

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

jase, do you have a gambling story thread still? I enjoyed reading that one a while back.

I haven't posted in it for a very long time it got hard not repeating myself because not every gambling story is entertaining and eventually just ran out of inspiration to tell them. Most of my free time lately has been spent on building our new home and handling all that comes with that so the only gambling I get to do is this and poker a couple nights a week. I haven't picked up a pool stick in awhile.

Edit: What channel can I find this fight on and what time does the event start?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bless your heart, Jase. I loved your gambling threads and I'm rooting for you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thanks jase1

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

jase1 posted:

I haven't posted in it for a very long time it got hard not repeating myself because not every gambling story is entertaining and eventually just ran out of inspiration to tell them. Most of my free time lately has been spent on building our new home and handling all that comes with that so the only gambling I get to do is this and poker a couple nights a week. I haven't picked up a pool stick in awhile.

Edit: What channel can I find this fight on and what time does the event start?

The early prelims are on Fight Pass starting at 10AM EST, then the prelims on Fox Sports 1 at 11AM EST, then the main card is on Fox Sports 1 at 10AM EST.

I'm waiting for my betting site to open up the prop bets but if I can get good odds on Thales Leites to win by submission or TKO/KO I might jump right on that.

Belle Isle Tech fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 18, 2015

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Really that early? Looks like I'll be eating my breakfast watching ufc.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jase1 posted:

Really that early? Looks like I'll be eating my breakfast watching ufc.

Yeah, Glasgow card that they're airing live here.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I wish the fighters namedropped their past opponents more during the promo videos instead of these blurry flash clips, like who did Cole fight in hostile territory and come away the win with before?

Or Evan lol

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i really liked this one

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 18, 2015

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thanks jase1

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Do i bet on Gomi?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

No but do it anyway

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lloyd Boner posted:

No but do it anyway

I know Gomi could get submitted but I feel like Lauzon has been in a lot more wars. Gomi still has good striking and if Lauzon doesn't hurt Gomi quick enough i think he could get his weird ears boxed off.

The only reason I'd be worried at all is Lauzon is currently undefeated on the FOX cards and coincidentally also looked the best on those (against Varner and against Danzig). Otherwise he's spent most of the past few years getting in bloody punchy fights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Gomi doesn't have good striking, he just hits hard. He also has a worse gas tank than Lauzon. I think he has to finish early or he'll get taken down and submitted.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Lauzon also has bad striking but hits hard

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lauzon also looks like a scary goblin man. How does that affect your betting?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

True but that isn't his only avenue to victory like the drunken boxhead.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Wineland at -150 against Bryan Caraway strikes me as a much better value than betting on gomi as a dog, but what do I know

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

hes smart though

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

You can bet on which minute of the first round Ronda will finish Bethe in. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Ronda has mentioned wanting to prolong the beating she puts on Beche but that just might be hype bullshit