Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The good thing about last night's finale is that, if things go completely off the rails in S8, it will be easy to pretend everything just ended with S7. I just hope the new season gives the supporting players some more screen time.

Calling it now, next season will give us a pregnancy if not an actual baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

The good thing about last night's finale is that, if things go completely off the rails in S8, it will be easy to pretend everything just ended with S7. I just hope the new season gives the supporting players some more screen time.

Calling it now, next season will give us a pregnancy if not an actual baby.
A coke baby.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

thrawn527 posted:

Everyone relax.

Also the President of ABC confirmed next year will NOT be the final season.

Ah drat. I was kind of hoping for a 13 episode send off at this point.

Also the ending to the 3XK arc was one of the more satisfying wrap ups I've seen on TV.

'No I lured you here to die' and Beckett's face and the music when she catches the knife. Goddamn.

I'm full I dont need to see the dessert menu thanks.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
I wouldn't mind an 8th season, but I would have been content with 7.

9th season? I dunno. Ideas are already stretched pretty thin so far.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Well, Fillion and Katic have only signed up for one-year contracts, so if they decide 8 is the last one (which I think it should be), then the ABC brass is going to have to just deal with that.

As long as I get my Renaissance Faire episode, I'm good.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I kept seeing people after a Renaissance Faire episode and thinking 'but they did one!'

Except they didn't, I'm think of Warehouse 13. Which is also well worth watching.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Well, Fillion and Katic have only signed up for one-year contracts, so if they decide 8 is the last one (which I think it should be), then the ABC brass is going to have to just deal with that.

Not necessarily, they could start following the exploits of Alexis as she follows in the mystery solving footsteps of her father, a new Castle for a new generation.

...not saying they would or necessarily should mind you, just that they could.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Indeed. This isn't a Joss Whedon show, after all.

If this was a Joss Whedon show Alexis would be randomly hit by a car at the end of an episode

Mymla posted:

Katic should've left.
Alexis should've taken her place on the show, somehow.

You keep your sick slashfic out of this mister :argh:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So the actress who plays Gates sent out a tweet that she won't be back in Season 8. That's kind of a shame. I rather liked her character.

But this makes it pretty darn obvious that Beckett will be the precinct's new captain.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I agree that I think of Katic left, the show could have rebooted into a new enough of a format to keep on trucking for more than another season, but as it is, the gas is low.

It's the kind of shake up it needed.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

So the actress who plays Gates sent out a tweet that she won't be back in Season 8. That's kind of a shame. I rather liked her character.

But this makes it pretty darn obvious that Beckett will be the precinct's new captain.

Her name always drove me nuts because the only other thing I saw her on was DS9 as Cassidy Yates, which sounds a lot like Gates. Too bad she doesn't even have an exit episode?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Too bad she doesn't even have an exit episode?

No word on that yet, but I think she should definitely get that.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Captain Gates' plane was shot down over the Hudson River. It spun in. There were no survivors.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Captain Gates' plane was shot down over the Hudson River. It spun in. There were no survivors.

As the plane goes down, Jack Bauer lowers his rocket launcher, satisfied that Sherry Palmer's second life has been cut short.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blazing Ownager posted:

Her name always drove me nuts because the only other thing I saw her on was DS9 as Cassidy Yates, which sounds a lot like Gates. Too bad she doesn't even have an exit episode?

All this time I never realized it was her! I should have, she doesn't look that different and I totally recognize the voice now.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I don't remember DS9 all that well, but Penny Johnson Jerald will always be Sherry Palmer to me.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Azhais posted:

If this was a Joss Whedon show Alexis would be randomly hit by a car at the end of an episode

No, she would've been in a random car accident and they would have found her with the steering wheel column through her chest, her lungs punctured but with just enough air to release one final, pithy goodbye.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Nikki Heat book out today, also season 8 starts Monday.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

GreenNight posted:

New Nikki Heat book out today, also season 8 starts Monday.

I'm like 2 books behind and missed all of last season. I'm a terrible fan.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

mcswizzle posted:

I'm like 2 books behind and missed all of last season. I'm a terrible fan.

Was last season the one where Stana arrested a US Senator running for President declaring to a room full of reporters, "You're under arrest for killing my mommy!" even though he was charged with some other, unrelated crime?

Or was last season the season where Alexis was kidnapped and held for ransom by muslim terrorists two blocks away from the Eiffel Tower?

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Was last season the one where Stana arrested a US Senator running for President declaring to a room full of reporters, "You're under arrest for killing my mommy!" even though he was charged with some other, unrelated crime?

Or was last season the season where Alexis was kidnapped and held for ransom by muslim terrorists two blocks away from the Eiffel Tower?

If those things happened in two separate seasons they would have been 6 and 7. I think they happened within the same season and I believe that the last season I watched (6) ended with Beckett arresting Senator Bracken/getting married etc. I remember seeing the wedding, and Castle losing his memory. I might have even seen a few episodes of the most recently completed season but I'll have to go back and rewatch regardless.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Supposedly season 8 is much more Castle PI than anything else.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

GreenNight posted:

I'm OK with that. As much as I enjoy the show and the cast, I just wanted a break for a while. Took a season and a half off, seems like a good time to get back into it.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I can make an S8 thread this week if everyone would like that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah, go ahead.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

GreenNight posted:

I thought he was reinstated?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

TheAngryDrunk posted:

I thought he was reinstated?

Yep, he was.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

It won't happen but I would be entirely fine if someone blew away Beckett and the entire show redevelops itself pretty much as Castle, PI. It might even put some more gas in the tank, to be honest.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
S8 thread is up. It includes speculation based on the promo.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Hijinks Ensue posted:

S8 thread is up. It includes speculation based on the promo.

And here it is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742066

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Ah, thank you. Between my technological stupidity and my kid nagging me to watch him play Destiny, I didn't have time to get the link in.

• Locked thread