Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The servants and staff at the Hall decided that Squiggly needed to go. He had said some things that made them believe - not unreasonably - that he was a conspirator aligned with the already-dead and the who-knows-still-alive. Squiggly, ever stoic and stern in the face of indignity, allowed himself to be dragged to the gallows in the gardens without a fuss. They asked him for a claim - that is, an alibi, obviously, what are claims that's a nonsense word. Squiggly shook his head and, in a slow, calm voice, said "you are all making a mistake. I hope soon you realize and learn from it. Good day." He kicked the chair beneath him and died a minute later.

The village undertaker's report confirmed what the town had discovered exploring Squiggly's room: he was a man who believed in propriety and respect to authority above everything else. He would never even dream of betraying the trust of the Lady.

:s: Squiggly, Julianus Bäte, Butler (town-aligned governor), was executed day 2. :s:

Night actions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The sun rose on Peachtree Hall, mingling its golden light with the soft orange of the Hall's roof. It would have been a warm and quite pleasant early Autumn day for Puntification and Quidnose, but unfortunately they would never see it. Their bodies were found as the others were the night before: Punt stabbed in the eyeball, the dagger still lodged in place over Punt's sleeping face. He was one of the Housekeepers, and he knew secrets and could use them to his advantage - but he would have never harmed a hair on Clarent or her family.

:s: Puntification, Nathanael, Housekeeper (town-aligned cop), was stabbed to death night 2. :s:

The stranger result though was Quidnose: he had been eaten, like QuoProQuid the night before, as if by a wild beast. There are bite marks and scratches along the exposed bones, and hunks of flesh are littered around his room as if his attacker acted in a frenzy... or maybe a bloodlust? He seemed like a simple servant from northern Mereaux (but far from the Juniper Hills of Georgette's domain). The Undertaker's report though said something far stranger.

:s: Quidnose, Bourde, Servant (town-aligned Clarent-aligned vanilla), was mauled to death night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to execute!
:d: Day 3 deadline: Tuesday, July 21st, ~11PM EDT.

:toot: good luck!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
:beerpal:

Can't all be winners, I guess.

Flavor-wise, Clarent is the Cool Town Lady, so I guess Clarent-aligned is some sort of mason doc thing you can be invited to. Or townie cult.

Only two NKs, too, so either the fire dude was a oneshot or someone got roleblocked?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

Flavor-wise, Clarent is the Cool Town Lady, so I guess Clarent-aligned is some sort of mason doc thing you can be invited to. Or townie cult.

It's likely this. It's a Large Ecco Game, after all. Last one I remember being in had town, pro-town-3p-that-recruited, anti-town-3p, scum.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
So 100 years, now that the last two people you were voting are dead townies, how do you feel about zzyzx? Because you seemed to drop that vote like a bad habit.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Any guesses on what the Governor might have done as a role? I looked over at Punt's posts but, uh, he posted gently caress all. He kind of engaged Max after D2 but that seems to be sweet gently caress all. Nothing out of that flip.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
From the mafia wiki:

A Governor is a role which can "pardon" executions, causing the hammer on a particular player to fail. The Governor typically is contacted by the moderator after an execution has been made but before flavor and flip are posted, asking if they would like to cancel the vote. If yes, typically the day then ends with a No-Hang, generally with no explanation given for why the player was not executed that day. Occasionally a Governor can even commute the execution onto a different player of their choosing, but this is not common.

That being said, Squiggly had basically ragequit so he wouldn't have commuted his own, even if he were able.

Hal needs to post, the entirety of his content is him talking about how great Quidnose is and then hopping onto the Squiggly vote. He had a Spoonsy vote and then seemed to drop it for no reason.

Quinque, if you didn't have Max to vote, who would your next two scumpicks be?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Based on Squigglys final post I think his role was probably more like "Make the hammer fall when they PM mod" rather than cancel.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Squiggly played terribly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in a five person mason group with fiery_valkyrie, Spoonsy, and WWM. Puntification was in the mason group, but he just died. After n1, we all claimed Cops in the mason doc with varying descriptions of the role flavor-wise in our role PMs (i.e. one of our claims implies that this player is there to investigate the other servants, one is general, etc.).

The reason that I am claiming the mason group here now is because I believe the scum know of our group:
Last night, Spoonsy claims he was roleblocked, I was roleblocked, and Puntification was killed.

Here are our results so far:
code:
	Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Our flavor is that we're the servants.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thoughts from the mason doc:
1. On d1, I was breadcrumbing in the mason doc for a Cop claim later. I said this: "If any of you are a cop, please investigate zzyzx." with the intent to investigate zzyzx. fiery_valkyrie PM'd me saying that he was the Cop and that he would investigate zzyzx if I was sure. I thought this was really weird, so I investigated fiery_valkyrie instead of zzyzx.
2. Spoonsy has had a couple weird statements in the doc. Out of all out-of-doc content, he is the only one so far that pinging me negatively in any way:
On d1 he said this: "We've 0 indication to trust one another, just that we've free coms in chat"
But then on d2 after we all claimed Cops to each other, he said this: "Unless Ecco wanted to really be a dick, I have a funny feeling we're all town"

ninja: Spoonsy also asked before n2 who we were all investigating. I thought that was really odd.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
May as well: ##vote Spoonsy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Well, if we're doing this then Nth and I are twins. We know that we're both town and we have a mason doc together, which is why I haven't been jumping on his sometimes suspect posts and we both called each other town in the fake lie detector thing. Trying to get him to :justpost:.

That's a lot of roleblocks, though, especially if we assume the Fire nightkill was also RB'd and not a one shot.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Based on Squigglys final post I think his role was probably more like "Make the hammer fall when they PM mod" rather than cancel.

Could be wrong, obviously, but I read it as Squiggly expecting to be able to cause a no-lynch and Ecco not letting him. Would suck, if that were the case.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk posted:

The reason that I am claiming the mason group here now is because I believe the scum know of our group:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to shoot, or at least roleblock, one of the mason-cops on n1?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

zzyzx posted:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to shoot, or at least roleblock, one of the mason-cops on n1?

None of us had claimed publicly at that point. I PM'd merk, but no one else claimed cop until D2 started.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

merk posted:

I am in a five person mason group with fiery_valkyrie, Spoonsy, and WWM. Puntification was in the mason group, but he just died. After n1, we all claimed Cops in the mason doc with varying descriptions of the role flavor-wise in our role PMs (i.e. one of our claims implies that this player is there to investigate the other servants, one is general, etc.).

Last night, Spoonsy claims he was roleblocked, I was roleblocked, and Puntification was killed.

Here are our results so far:
code:

Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			

I was roleblocked as well

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

None of us had claimed publicly at that point. I PM'd merk, but no one else claimed cop until D2 started.

How and when did the claims happen? (Who started, what did they include, how did people react, so on.)

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Amoeba, please claim.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

zzyzx posted:

How and when did the claims happen? (Who started, what did they include, how did people react, so on.)

I claimed to Merk privately N1. He had said in the doc that if anyone was a cop to investigate zzyzx. I hadn't been paying attention D1 as my mum was in town, and given Merk's role in lynching Walrus I thought I could trust him. So I PM'd him and told him I was the cop and asked if he definitely wanted me to investigate. He said yes.

During the night WWM hinted in the doc that he was a cop. Merk and I talked about this briefly via PM and I said to him that with two cops I was concerned about our sanity.

Early D2 Merk outright asked WWM if he was a cop and WWM said yes and that he had a town result on Squiggly. Merk asked Punt and Spoonsy to claim, either in doc or via PM, as he had a theory about our mason group. Spoonsy PM'd him and then Punt claimed in doc that he was a cop and that cast doubt on WWM.

Spoonsy reacted with "are we all cops?" and I claimed in the doc as well. We spent a bunch of time discussing our sanity and how Ecco could be screwing with us (this was me, Punt and Spoonsy). Merk came back into the doc, said he was a cop as well and had a scum result on me. More discussion of sanity.

We then posted our N1 results, first me, then Spoonsy, then Merk, then WWM. (Punt wasn't in the doc much).

Then some more discussion about sanity, ignoring results for now, WWM talking about his mancrush on Sean Bean and thats pretty much it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

During the night WWM hinted in the doc that he was a cop.

Hinted how?

FV posted:

Spoonsy PM'd him and then Punt claimed in doc that he was a cop and that cast doubt on WWM.

merk/Spoonsy, what was in the PM?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

zzyzx posted:

Hinted how?

He said "zzyzx has flown under my radar but I can check him out"

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Confirming this is all true, also I am visiting my family, so my participation will be spotty this evening.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
As I stated in the doc I'm at an 85th birthday party. We discussed the possibility of merk being insane or paranoid earlier yesterday but he clammed up completely as he didn't want to discuss things with people whose ideologies he was uncertain of.

I'll post last nights results and my full merk transcript when I'm not standing in a field on a phone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was out of pocket for the bulk of the claim exchange in the mason doc. I would have claimed immediately after Punt checked back in and claimed Cop.

I think that I claimed to Spoonsy before Punt checked back in though.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I was out of pocket for the bulk of the claim exchange in the mason doc. I would have claimed immediately after Punt checked back in and claimed Cop.

I think that I claimed to Spoonsy before Punt checked back in though.

As a reminder I was the first to speculate on the doc that we were all cops. This was while you were waiting on FV to come back with his claim. And yes, you claimed to me after I claimed to you over PM

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Oh wow. So much stuff to go through now. I'm going to have a close look at the votes on Squiggly and what Punt did yesterday when I'm back later. Right now I'm about to head out and bid on a house :pusheen:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

wins32767 posted:

Amoeba, please claim.

I don't really think it's a good idea to claim right now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Actually I will claim a little bit.

Gamerofthegame posted:

That's a lot of roleblocks, though, especially if we assume the Fire nightkill was also RB'd and not a one shot.

I am 100% certain I was the target for the firekill.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A masonry of 5 cops - sane, insane, naive and paranoid. The fifth would probably be?
I think you guys claimed too early as there's not enough to go off. But then again I prefer to treat games like puzzles.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Well, if we're doing this then Nth and I are twins. We know that we're both town and we have a mason doc together, which is why I haven't been jumping on his sometimes suspect posts and we both called each other town in the fake lie detector thing. Trying to get him to :justpost:.

Confirming mason with Gamer.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I've been at a family barbeque all day (so much homebrew, it's wonderful) but I'm home now and in for the count.
Quidnose's (rightfully) incredibly defensive response to my callout is part of why I clammed the gently caress up. I was riding high on the correct Walrus Flip and tried to apply my same logic based on faulty misunderstandings of claim posts to Quidnose's claim.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

A masonry of 5 cops - sane, insane, naive and paranoid. The fifth would probably be?
I think you guys claimed too early as there's not enough to go off. But then again I prefer to treat games like puzzles.

Merk claimed after posting in the doc that he was considering it and before getting all of our results back for the night. I personally would have waited a day or so. No need to declare there are 5 sanity questionable cops for scum to kill, but here we are so :shrug:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Okay. So. Seeing as I've been outed, I'm a cop. I think about people and I'm told if they're town or scum. As merk mentioned, I thought about Gamer N1 and got town and was roleblocked last night while trying to think about Firey (as we're trying to figure out what's what in the mason doc)

When merk, the only player to receive a scum result on another player so far, asked in the doc who Punt and I are, I PM'd him. I too did it based on his role in leading the lynch early in D1. I gave him my name, my role, and my d1 results. He did not theorize to me at that point that we were all cops. I was the one who first brought up potential sanity issues as it wouldn't make much sense to have five cops be masons with one another without there being some dickery involved. During this, merk hypothesized to me in the PMs that my role may be to actually investigate the other members of the group, which I attempted to last night with Firey.

Around this point, merk went quiet in the group. I'd also like to remind merk that the initial idea for me to investigate f_v was actually his, shortly after me realizing we were all cops. This entire time merk has been the one most paranoid about there being scum in the mason doc, along with his speculation of there being multiple parties as well.

To the question of why I asked who we were investigating: I wanted to coordinate to have us all hit the same person. If everyone investigated one party, who in turn investigated another one of us at random, we could potentially have 4 different outcomes on the same person, which combined with the previous nights investigations would have yielded considerable information on sanity. Instead, we were all roleblocked, save WWM.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also I'd like to apologize for being way more active in the mason doc than in this thread.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

If that's a deathly mason group, one is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

If that's a deathly mason group, one is scum.

Edit: deathy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Edit again: dethy. I would not put it past echo to make 5 players participate in a mini dethy game inside a larger game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Spoonsy posted:

Instead, we were all roleblocked, save WWM.

That's the other thing - I'm not sure I buy all 3 claims of being roleblocked. 3 roleblockers seems incredibly excessive, even for a large game.

Did you 3 get any flavor to your blocks?

I am paranoid one of the three leaked the members of the mason group to the scum and is trying to set me up by being the only one able to get an investigation last night by saying they were roleblocked.

• Locked thread