Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

If it's a dethy mason group, one of them is likely lying about the role block, because that is excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Going off that theory and given their results, merk is either insane or paranoid, given his sole scum result. We don't know what punt was, but town result could be insane, coward, or sane.

I think that leaves FV, wwm, and spoonsy as one of the possible scum. When did WWM claim the town result on squiggly?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually, merk has to be paranoid, no way around it. Wwm correctly investigated squiggly, so one of the other town results actually nailed scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

That's the other thing - I'm not sure I buy all 3 claims of being roleblocked. 3 roleblockers seems incredibly excessive, even for a large game.

Did you 3 get any flavor to your blocks?

I am paranoid one of the three leaked the members of the mason group to the scum and is trying to set me up by being the only one able to get an investigation last night by saying they were roleblocked.

I posted my flavour in the doc.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

(Dethy is one of my favorites, FYI.)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Merk stop being bad at words

Amoeba102 posted:

Actually I will claim a little bit.

I am 100% certain I was the target for the firekill.

I feel this should be explored.

I believe a cop is scum, that much makes sense. Merk, try Nth or I next night, as we're both confirmed 100% town (Or both lying I guess but I'd like to say I've proven myself) so you can figure out what's up in yo head. Everyone else is still a bit questionable.

Max posted:

If it's a dethy mason group, one of them is likely lying about the role block, because that is excessive.

Unsure. If Amoeba ate the fire-kill then that means there's just two RBs at least. One for town and one for scum would check out, as this seems to be a bit roleheavy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Max posted:

Actually, merk has to be paranoid, no way around it. Wwm correctly investigated squiggly, so one of the other town results actually nailed scum.

So by that logic, FV is town, I claimed and got supported for town, punt showed as a normal cop, meaning zzyzx is actually scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I push this theory all the way, one off gamer, zzyzx, or wins is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

So by that logic, FV is town, I claimed and got supported for town, punt showed as a normal cop, meaning zzyzx is actually scum?

Wwm could just be the coward, so that investigation on FV is potentially moot. But I would focus on the other town results, because one of you three would be scum. I doubt it's you, given day 1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And your claim, I forgot. Are you both confirmed to each other?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Max posted:

Merk could be insane, WWM could be naive. Anyone who is scum can correctly make a call on town. Maybe Ecco didn't use all four variants.

You're jumping to conclusions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No, there is always a paranoid cop, so there is always one scum result. That one is usually hard to suss out, unless the same cop hits town and the insane cop hits scum, which is what would have happened.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh, Sane cop, not same.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Max posted:

code:
	Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			
Merk - paranoid -> Town

Punt - Not scum -> Naive, Insane, Sane

WWM - Not Insane -> Naive or Sane, scum

FV/Spoonsy no Info -> Naive, Sane, Insane, Scum

Not really much to narrow down by.

IF you take gamer to be town from his twin claim. The Spoonsy is not Insane either. So FV or Punt are Insane so zzyzx or wins is scum.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Max posted:

And your claim, I forgot. Are you both confirmed to each other?

Yep.

Punt showed as a normal cop, though, and I haven't heard of the hogepodge of cops not revealing what type they were after death. So Wins is okay, leaving myself and zzyzx and we've gone down that road.

So Z is scum and there's still probably a scumcop in there. I doubt the scumcop would go balls deep and immediately start lying d1, gotta earn credibility. Also, ya know, he'd be a rolecop so it doesn't matter.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why am I jumping to conclusions? One look at that setup and it screens dethy, which is the absolute definition of a logic puzzle in mafia. Given that assumption, merk must be paranoid.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##vote zzyzx

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

Merk stop being bad at words

I feel this should be explored.

There isn't much to say. I got a PM sayign I saw a light in the sky. It got brighter I ran and closed my door behind me and there is a large explosion on the other side. Lots of fire and destruction. I am however un harmed.

Sounds like a meteor.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

Yep.

Punt showed as a normal cop, though, and I haven't heard of the hogepodge of cops not revealing what type they were after death. So Wins is okay, leaving myself and zzyzx and we've gone down that road.

So Z is scum and there's still probably a scumcop in there. I doubt the scumcop would go balls deep and immediately start lying d1, gotta earn credibility. Also, ya know, he'd be a rolecop so it doesn't matter.

That's how a dethy works. Scum isn't a cop, just scum, and has to fake their results.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fair enough. All the same, then Z is scum or FV is scum-fake-cop and that actually wouldn't make sense so

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's possible spoonsy is the scum too in that setup and his result is fake. Given your claim, I'd be willing to let that slide for the time being though.

##vote zzyzx most likely.

I'm gonna hit the hay, but this is exciting !

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I posted my flavour in the doc.

I'm on my phone which doesn't like spreadsheets apparently.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

code:
	Night 1	        Night 2
fv	zzyzx - TOWN	NO CLAIM YET			
merk	FV - SCUM       RB			
spoonsy	gamer - TOWN	RB			
punt	wins - TOWN     Dead			
WWM	squiggly - TOWN	FV - TOWN			
Merk - paranoid -> Town

Punt - Not scum -> Naive, Insane, Sane

WWM - Not Insane -> Naive or Sane, scum

FV/Spoonsy no Info -> Naive, Sane, Insane, Scum

Not really much to narrow down by.

IF you take gamer to be town from his twin claim. The Spoonsy is not Insane either. So FV or Punt are Insane so zzyzx or wins is scum.

I'm more tempted to believe zz is scum than wins based on this logic (and no, it's not just because it's showing me to not be insane)

With that in mind, ##vote zzyzx

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm on my phone which doesn't like spreadsheets apparently.

I was throwing up in the toilet all night.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I was throwing up in the toilet all night.

And I got made fun of by Ecco for my method of investigating being "think about them a lot"

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
I am torn here. I don't trust Spoonsy's handling of the ww vote/lynch. Then again, besides his posts on Spoonsy and Nth, zzyzx hasn't done anything else this game. I don't like linking players who haven't flipped, but there's a part of me that is thinking bus.

Amoeba, I am confused, are you claiming you survived a nk? And wins, what prompted you to ask her to claim?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

One of:

FV, Spoonsy, WWM is scum.
Zzyzx, wins, Gamer is scum.

Nth said they are masons but hasn't said they are confirmed town yet. If they are, then you get the idea.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

I take gamer to be town. :unsmith:
Wonder twin powers activate, form of ##vote zzyzx

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba, I am confused, are you claiming you survived a nk?

I am 100% certain of it since I recieved a PM telling me so.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Nth Doctor posted:

I take gamer to be town. :unsmith:
Wonder twin powers activate, form of ##vote zzyzx

Ok fair enough. Confirming town.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

Nth said they are masons but hasn't said they are confirmed town yet. If they are, then you get the idea.

We're town.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hey chaoslord, do you maybe want to make a case or , I dunno, play the game you replaced into?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
VotecountBot is currently correct. :effort:

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

zzyzx (4): Gamerofthegame, Max, Spoonsy, Nth Doctor
Spoonsy (1): merk

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, Amoeba102, chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Quinquereme, WHICH WAY MADNESS, wins32767, zzyzx

:h: With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is July 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 19 hours.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
I've just gone through the votes on Squiggy yesterday and I didn't like f_v and Amoeba's votes.

This is f_v:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this series of posts from Squiggly are very scummy.

quote:

Dis post

Who are your scum buddies?

##vote gamer

quote:

Had to wait and check the time stamps but I'd vote walruswhiskers too. I'd already voted quoproquid by the time this post was made, which walruswhiskers would know if he was actually following the thread instead of uselessly posting to look busy

(When merk revotes walrus)

quote:

Nice waiting scumbo

quote:

We're waiting on a claim with over 24 hours left to deadline. Get over your ego and wait for a response from walrus you scummy bastards

His one comment he makes about how he would vote Walrus contradicts his actions in his other posts where he tries to focus votes off Walrus.

##vote Squiggly

Saying Squiggly was trying to focus votes off Walrus is misleading - to me it's pretty obvious Squiggly just wanted to wait for Walrus' claim. He didn't push attention towards anyone else or actually defend Walrus in any way.

f_v's case looks like it's something quickly thrown together to justify voting Squiggly.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Amoeba's back and forth with Squiggly felt genuine to me but I didn't like this:

Squiggly posted:

Seeing as it didn't show up in the official vote count and there was no discussion about it, I didn't expect any misinterpretation. I didn't expect it to be an issue at all because it didn't play out.

And you're still sniping at me without voting

Amoeba102 posted:

Do I need to be voting?

Amoeba102 posted:

Squiggly posted:

If you're gonna sit and snipe at me and pick at my posts, it's rather scummy to not vote me as well
I don't see how.

Squiggly posted:

You're encouraging votes on me without actually committing yourself to the cause

Amoeba102 posted:

My posting is commiting me to the cause. Voting for you just encourages more people to just fall onto the vote leader.

Amoeba seems far too reluctant to vote Squiggly. If he is town, and committed to lynching Squiggly, why not vote him? He seems way too conscious about what people will think of his vote. It makes me think he is overly cautious because he doesn't want to be accused of pushing people to vote a town.

After thinking about it a bit, I'm more suspicious of Amoeba but still very suspicious of f_v too.

##vote Amoeba

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Ok Punt didn't post much at all and I'm not getting any feelings from his stuff at all.

In case anyone smarter wants to have a look, here are all the people that mentioned Punt since I have them all open:
D2
zzyzx says he's worth looking at
Max agrees

wins votes him
100 agrees with wins

And of course anything from the masonry.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Max posted:

Edit again: dethy. I would not put it past echo to make 5 players participate in a mini dethy game inside a larger game.

I don't understand the dethy stuff or the logic behind it in the slightest and that's probably not gonna change cause I'm poo poo at logic puzzles but I am very impressed with whatever you've done and it's pretty cool how Ecco snuck that in there.

Someone asked me why I dropped my Zzyzzx vote. My vote was based on her D1 actions entirely. His D1 consisted of nothing but joke or contentless posts plus the one very bussy vote on Walrus. After finally re-reading Day 2 with that context the whole joke post argument fell apart and she actually begins to post stuff. Her Walrus vote still remains pretty scummy however. But I didn't find that sufficient reason to keep a vote on him. I don't find anything else of note in his D2 play after that.

It kinda sucks I was wrong about Punt but whatever. I'm going to have to take the word on those 1 of these 3 are scum but frankly if you go through their posts the one that's most likely is definitely wins. Hal, I think it was Hal, said that the dude is content lurking and he seriously hasn't really said anything longer than a sentence and is showing up and just prodding without making a solid case or having any real legit opinions. They're vote yesterday was a solid lurker vote, and while I voted that way too I opted to go the way felt had more evidence, Squiggly (who really shouldn't have gotten so annoyed cause he could've just commuted his sentence).

Anyway go through Wins post history, it's short, and see what I mean about the content lurking. I'd vote zzyzx based on the dethy logic, but since I don't quite get it I feel there's a better case to be made on wins, I feel that'd be insincere of me. ##vote wins32767

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Forgot to respond to this earlier -

100YrsofAttitude posted:

quote:

Seeing as he defended one confirmed scum I feel pretty suspicious of Max.
And this seems hypocritical or willfully ignoring QPQ's posting since he did the same thing towards Quin herself.

The cons in this case is that this is her first game and that makes me sympathetic and she's also posting very tonally honestly in my opinion which kinda messes with my reads. So she doesn't read like scum but I can't shake the feeling that she's tied to the currently known scum.

I assume you're talking about this post when you say QPQ also defended me?

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't see anything particularly egregious in the posts Quin just made about Quidnose (1). I'm never really good at meta, but there's nothing too exciting about his content imho.

I think you're mistaken - QPQ is defending Quidnose there against me.

And you think I'm not scummy but tied to scum? What does that mean exactly?

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Gamerofthegame posted:

Well, if we're doing this then Nth and I are twins. We know that we're both town and we have a mason doc together, which is why I haven't been jumping on his sometimes suspect posts and we both called each other town in the fake lie detector thing. Trying to get him to :justpost:.

That's a lot of roleblocks, though, especially if we assume the Fire nightkill was also RB'd and not a one shot.

Excuse my ignorance again - is it extremely unlikely for two scum to claim this together? Everyone has accepted this claim as real but I don't really know why two scum couldn't be doing this together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem

Amoeba102 posted:

One of:

FV, Spoonsy, WWM is scum.
Zzyzx, wins, Gamer is scum.

Oh man I'm bad at logic puzzles. It took me a good 15 mins to work out why this makes sense. :downsgun:

f_v said earlier that this is all assuming Ecco has used the normal 5 roles - is this pretty much guaranteed?

I really don't know what to think about this. Like 100 I will vote someone (but how come the votes are on zzyzx and not fv/spoonsy/wwm/wins/gamer?) so the smart people can do more logic stuff, but I'm going to keep my vote on Amoeba because I'm more comfortable with reading tones than logic puzzles. And with my prev. suspicions on f_v I would like to vote for her the most out of the cop group.

• Locked thread