Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F97am9_N2I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

someone told me avgn was funny once but i couldn't get past the 46 second intro song he put in all his videos about eating out a skunks bhole.

anything over 8 seconds is probably too long. anything approaching a minute is boneheaded.

This made me watch an avgn video for the first time and that song owns.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Literally The Worst posted:

This made me watch an avgn video for the first time and that song owns.

Now watch it 175 more times

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Oi, any Zork fans out there?

The font used for the spellbooks used to be widely available on every Zork fansite in existence, but it's almost impossible to find now. I was hoping one of you old fart goons like myself still have a copy of it?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
I've gone beyond zork,but someday I'll return to zork.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Frankly, I think it's time we move on. We need to get beyond Zork.

edit: oh goddamn it I had that joke in the chamber forever too

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

CJacobs posted:

yeah why would a series of videos use a thumbnail that denotes that it is an entry in that series? don't these people know that I have more important things to do than sit still for literally five seconds???? me me me me

you can put a thumbnail up without having the first 30 seconds of your video being hte picture u want

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

theultimo posted:

Now watch it 175 more times

134, baka gaijin

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

theultimo posted:

I've gone beyond zork,but someday I'll return to zork.

Want some rye?

'Course ya do!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
> hello sailor

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

someone told me avgn was funny once but i couldn't get past the 46 second intro song he put in all his videos about eating out a skunks bhole.

anything over 8 seconds is probably too long. anything approaching a minute is boneheaded.

Even as somebody who liked the AVGN, that guy was only entertaining when he wasn't doing the dumb cursing loser bit. So of course he made an hour long video all about that which is probably unbearable to watch.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Motto posted:

Even as somebody who liked the AVGN, that guy was only entertaining when he wasn't doing the dumb cursing loser bit. So of course he made an hour long video all about that which is probably unbearable to watch.

When hes not doing the gently caress rear end TITTIES sthick, hes actually really good. But people want the gently caress poo poo PANTIES more.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnjrlwSZ8I

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

celebrity nerd

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5VzwwfuvOM

90s kids dodged a bullet there

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njj-t-WNdag

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Not gonna lie, I'm impressed. Although all I think of when I think of JLC is advertisements for poop juice.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
But who was Makoto?????

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

And youtube poop lost a goldmine

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Oh god

why

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This is the first time I'm seeing this, as 90's kid. What the gently caress, Canada?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Weirder still, it's a spiritual successor to some other odd family matters sitcom thing.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
They made a sitcom out of an adventure game!?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do we have a thread where people can post recommendations/questions about games that don't have (or perhaps merit) their own thread?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

It was the 90s, they even gave Vampire: The Masquerades a TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRGS0CHQHM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Do we have a thread where people can post recommendations/questions about games that don't have (or perhaps merit) their own thread?

Yes. Welcome friend.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fair enough, anyone played this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/331500/

It looks kinda fun if clunky. But seems cheap?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember my sister and I loved Maniac Mansion as kids. I'll probably find it outrageously creepy now that I know what adult baby diaper lovers are because of Turner the giant baby.

It wasn't until years later when I discovered it used to be a video game. I think I read it in Nintendo Power #100 where the NES version was on the TOP ONE HUNDRED GAMES EVER list

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I really enjoyed being a knuckle-dragging CoD:Modern Warfare player on the Xbox 360 - is there an equivalent high-quality multiplayer FPS that IS NOT vehicle/massive/TF2-based? With so many iterative releases I'm not sure what's 'good' out there at the moment.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

idk i heard advanced warfare was good and the upcoming (november) black ops 3 is supposed to look good so id just check out the new cod?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Southern Heel posted:

I really enjoyed being a knuckle-dragging CoD:Modern Warfare player on the Xbox 360 - is there an equivalent high-quality multiplayer FPS that IS NOT vehicle/massive/TF2-based? With so many iterative releases I'm not sure what's 'good' out there at the moment.

theres a new cod every year. the last one was considered the best in a while.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I hear there's a game on pc that's pretty popular called Counterstrike.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nasgate posted:

I hear there's a game on pc that's pretty popular called Counterstrike.
more like...CAMPERSNIPE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i know this has very little to do with video games but i had to tell someone that i just now found out that there's a wiki for every They Might Be Giants song and for every single loving song there is a 10 page list of essays interpreting it, because of course there loving is

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Guys I can't find Yukiko

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Guys I can't find Yukiko

Shameful. You are not truly dedicated.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

i know this has very little to do with video games but i had to tell someone that i just now found out that there's a wiki for every They Might Be Giants song and for every single loving song there is a 10 page list of essays interpreting it, because of course there loving is

Wikis are amazing. Last time I had to go on the Terraria wiki it advised me that the cell phone item is actually a reference to Kirby & The Amazing Mirror because it too had a cell phone in it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Colonel posted:

Shameful. You are not truly dedicated.

Seriously I saved her from the TV and she's supposed to go to lunch with me and she's just not appearing in the shopping district.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously I saved her from the TV and she's supposed to go to lunch with me and she's just not appearing in the shopping district.

did you wait until she was recovered? you have to wait the whole time limit for saving her if you get her early

• Locked thread