Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Everyone thinks that because heists came out and they didn't want to run another even or whatever. But then they ran the independence day event and three days later did the ill gotten gains update.

If it was because of heists that's a really stupid reason considering it was a month+ before and nearly all of the stuff being available and what not is / was in their tunables - or whatever they are using now to turn on time-related content (see christmas snow).

I'm just pointing out that R* set the precedent that these are not guaranteed yearly events. So saying with any degree of certainty what will or won't be in the game 7 months into the future is a bad expectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I hate to say this, but I'm already sick of the heists they have and want more heists.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Kelly posted:

I hate to say this, but I'm already sick of the heists they have and want more heists.

That's not weird or abnormal at all

Car show is at 3:20. Start showing up at 3 for max effectiveness (CST)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The 4th of July before last, when Hugh Malone was still around, we spent hours setting up 30+ customs at the parking lot golf course. This involved using 4 people as watchstanders to keep all the cars in someone's frame to keep them from despawning. We laid out intricate patterns of fireworks and had people standing by with fireworks launchers. We waited until sunset in-game, with the idea being that a couple of cameramen would have only a few moments to snap pictures of hundreds of fireworks going off around a parking lot packed full of rare, lesser-used, or otherwise interesting customs.

Due to miscommunications and (my) user error none of the fireworks went off at the same time and nobody took any pictures.

E: I kept hitting the wrong button while trying to place the ground fireworks, which was setting off the ones I'd already placed.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

geeves posted:

If it was because of heists that's a really stupid reason considering it was a month+ before and nearly all of the stuff being available and what not is / was in their tunables - or whatever they are using now to turn on time-related content (see christmas snow).

I'm just pointing out that R* set the precedent that these are not guaranteed yearly events. So saying with any degree of certainty what will or won't be in the game 7 months into the future is a bad expectation.

im gonna go ahead and give rockstar enough credit to assume that they can deliver a zero effort rerelease of existing content.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Kelly posted:

im gonna go ahead and give rockstar absolutely no benefit of the doubt and say ayyy lmao

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

UserErr0r posted:

edit: FREEDOM is not allowed as a license plate. Irony?
It's probably because it contains "dom"

Still rollin' deep with my SUCKTARD plates

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Look at this guy. Not showing up to his own event on time.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BIEBER was also not allowed.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

AirRaid posted:

Panto crew represent

That's not a Panto, THIS is a Panto:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Im so glad you pushed back the car show to the time i have to go to family cookout. Because hell yes beer and hot dogs amd burgers and gently caress yeahhhh

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Jose Mengelez posted:

im gonna go ahead and give rockstar enough credit to assume that they can deliver a zero effort rerelease of existing content.

That's what u think :smuggo:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

UserErr0r posted:

I'm trying to set "poorboy" on my Rhapsody, but the GTAO section of my garage only lists 9 cars (out of 30), which excludes the Rhapsody.

The GTAO section shows approximately the last 10 cars you have driven. To get the rhapsody to show up, pull it out of the garage and drive it for a few seconds then let the app refresh and it'll be in the list somewhere.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
My 560ti burned itself to death this weekend so I picked up a 970 to replace it.

This game...it's so beautiful.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

With the success of Tophats' formal car meeting earlier in the afternoon, I bring you screenshots of the "Bring whatever the hell you can find on the street in 5 minutes" car meet:

Shortly afterwards, it was invaded by Merryweather mercenaries and police. And then everything got blown up, as per tradition :v:

e: Goddamnit Steam keeps unchecking the option to save uncompressed screenshots so the best I have are these lower quality compressed ones. Fuckin' Steam :argh:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 20, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zigmidge posted:

My 560ti burned itself to death this weekend so I picked up a 970 to replace it.

Welcome to the 'I own a 900 series NIVIDA card and have everything on max, even the advanced graphics options. I spend my time driving around in my custom car looking at stuff, marveling at how my car deforms from accidents, sunsets from my apartment, etc' club

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
FiveM multiplayer works pretty good at this point and scripting is going to be done soon-ish, so thats going to mean dedicated servers with gametypes like SZR GTA

gonna own

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

AirRaid posted:

The GTAO section shows approximately the last 10 cars you have driven. To get the rhapsody to show up, pull it out of the garage and drive it for a few seconds then let the app refresh and it'll be in the list somewhere.

I figured that's how it works after it eventually showed up on my list trying to get another car's license plate to be processed.

In other news, how long does it take for a license plate order to go through? I submitted it at like 10am and it still hadn't activated by 5pm. I even tried exiting and relaunching. Took the car to the mod shop every now and then and the option to finish the order never popped up.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Wee Bairns is a precision murdering machine when it comes to placing proxy mines. He had already killed this pubbie once before with a mine and the pubbie thought that he could take revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3oQF8yxVJ0

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Got any pics from the car show?

I kinda wanted to come, got a cool warrener I've been doing up, but I have no idea about the time conversions for Aus - so I was probably asleep or at work haha

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So what was the heist paying out after the extra money weekend?

I didn't get a chance to play it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

T1g4h posted:

With the success of Tophats' formal car meeting earlier in the afternoon, I bring you screenshots of the "Bring whatever the hell you can find on the street in 5 minutes" car meet:

Shortly afterwards, it was invaded by Merryweather mercenaries and police. And then everything got blown up, as per tradition :v:

e: Goddamnit Steam keeps unchecking the option to save uncompressed screenshots so the best I have are these lower quality compressed ones. Fuckin' Steam :argh:

Awesome, glad someone recorded our free ride car show! For a spur of the moment thing, it went surprisingly well.

it's not even my favourite moment from that session as well; it's going to take a lot to top the terror that strafing parachutists in a Hydra caused. Sociopathic good times :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pound_Coin posted:

That's not a Panto, THIS is a Panto:

*claps sarcastically at your super original pink vehicle*

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ExplodingSquid posted:

So what was the heist paying out after the extra money weekend?

I didn't get a chance to play it.

A little over $30k per set-up, $1m pre-split payout for the finale.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Humane Labs is now 2X!!!

GAY TEAM, ASSEMBLE

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*claps sarcastically at your super original pink vehicle*

Pink cards don't understand sarcasm. They take all applause as sincere.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Which 970 did you pick up? I'm considering an upgrade for my PC and am curious what you went with

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Has anyone got their rebate back yet?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, I got mine yesterday.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
So uh, I was finally doing the humane labs heist setups on my main, and after doing the valkyrie it skipped straight to the heist finale without doing deliver EMP, on xbox one. Anyone else have this happen?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

Wee Bairns is a precision murdering machine when it comes to placing proxy mines. He had already killed this pubbie once before with a mine and the pubbie thought that he could take revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3oQF8yxVJ0

:lol: that was a lot of fun. I love just driving around with you trying dumb stuff and getting proxy kills all the while.
Not sure why I didn't get dinged for his vehicle that time, but I'm not complaining. Pretty sure I spent well over $80, 000 on insurance bills for all the vehicles we were blowing up.
Also, some of the locations we are setting these proxy mines are so devious . It's great.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

coupedeville posted:

Which 970 did you pick up? I'm considering an upgrade for my PC and am curious what you went with

I bought an Asus Strix 970. It runs really cool and gta is ultra smooth and I think I even saw the fans stop spinning a couple of times when I wasn't looking out a window, in my apartment.

It's a bit on the pricey side (425CAD) but my 560ti lasted 5(?) years. If this does the same it's well worth the cost.

Carnivorian
Aug 9, 2013

:yoshi:
So I was chillin with the crew at one member's apartment and this totally happened

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Cute as heck posted:

Humane Labs is now 2X!!!

GAY TEAM, ASSEMBLE

Im on tonight at 6 pst like always, lets get something going. This heist is cake

Carnivorian
Aug 9, 2013

:yoshi:
Also I'm running with a few friends in a different crew but I'd still be down to play with goons whenever, I just got this on PC a couple days ago. Social Club: Carnivorian

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Cute as heck posted:

Humane Labs is now 2X!!!

GAY TEAM, ASSEMBLE

I used to hate the lab setup where you must sneak the Insurgent into the lab.

I joined a pubbie attempt on that setup so my expectations were low. Then I heard all 3 speaking Korean on voice chat briefly. Then one of the Koreans ran forward with his rifle and solo'd the entire loving setup flawlessly in like 35 seconds.

What game are we playing?

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Also, my feedback on Hat's car show.

I feel like we called in the airstrike too early. There was still quite a bit of drama with TopHat's being hunted relentlessly by mercenaries and knife wielding hobos; all under the supervision of the LSPD.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Very much considering stealing this idea.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Carnivorian posted:

Also I'm running with a few friends in a different crew but I'd still be down to play with goons whenever, I just got this on PC a couple days ago. Social Club: Carnivorian

When I get home I'll send you an Internet fun friend request on PC; look for c0upedeville on social club.

I would recommend you also take a look at the mumble thread posted in the OP; mumble is a great way to find GTA pc goons to play with and makes things like finding uncommon vehicle spawns and completing daily objectives much easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

They still won't help you out if all you need for the FPS challenge is prison break :cry: I don't blame them

• Locked thread