Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Does anyone have a case on zzyzx that isn't gut? I don't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Does anyone have a case on zzyzx that isn't gut? I don't see it.

It was mostly gut and not thinking the dethy thing all the way through. Gamer pointed out that Punt may have been the sane cop, but if this is really a dethy then I don't think we're going to get sanity flips when the cops die, which makes zzyzx not more likely but really 50/50 in that regard.

I sat on the thought about Wins wanting Amoeba to claim after Amoeba absorbed a night kill, and the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he was responsible for it.

##unvote
##vote Wins

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I guess today's not going to go anywhere otherwise so

##unvote
##vote wins

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I sat on the thought about Wins wanting Amoeba to claim after Amoeba absorbed a night kill, and the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he was responsible for it.

##unvote
##vote Wins

This is true. And as I can't see the vote going a different way, for sanity's sake, ##unvote, ##vote wins

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
ICR's Day 3 Votecount!!!

wins32767 (6): 100YrsofAttitude, fiery_valkyrie, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Max, Gamerofthegame, Spoonsy
Spoonsy (2): merk, zzyzx
Amoeba102 (1): Quinquereme
King SoandSo (1): Nth Doctor
zzyzx (0): Gamerofthegame, Max, Spoonsy, Nth Doctor

Not Voting (4): Amoeba102, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, wins32767,

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
Deadline is in 1 day, 6 hours, on July 21, 2015, 11 p.m. EDT

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was really hoping wins would post again, I am fine with voting him but I'll hold off since he's -2 now with some time to go.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Heh. I'll have an actual vote in a couple of hours once I reread the cases on wins, spoonsy, and Amoeba.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

First time you've even mentioned me all game.

So?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was really hoping wins would post again, I am fine with voting him but I'll hold off since he's -2 now with some time to go.

This is where I'm at.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Just curious about these "inconsistent opinions" that are making me look so scummy. Since, again, you haven't said anything about me being scummy before.

And gamer seems to be your little cheerleader. Where are your pom-poms?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quinquereme, would you vote wins? Why or why not? Dont need to actually move your vote if yes since I'd rather we wait, but I'm curious about your thoughts on things as they are now after you've had some time to reflect

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I've been waiting for wins. But I've kind of gotten bored.

##vote wins32767

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Quinquereme, would you vote wins? Why or why not? Dont need to actually move your vote if yes since I'd rather we wait, but I'm curious about your thoughts on things as they are now after you've had some time to reflect

Quin is in Australia or something, and operates on a different posting schedule, fyi.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, and it's tuesday morning.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Max posted:

Shower Thoughts (unless this was already thought of): Wins coming in to the thread and asking Ameoba to claim the night that they dodged a night kill makes me think Wins was responsible for said night kill that didn't happen for whatever reason.

The only thing that makes me hesitate about voting for Wins if that is the case is that I can't tell if the mauled to death or fire death would be more likely to be a vig (since I feel like one of the kills is the result of an eager town vig.)

This is a silly theory. Why would wins out himself as a killing role just to tell us that he wasn't able to kill Amoeba?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Spoonsy posted:

This is true. And as I can't see the vote going a different way, for sanity's sake, ##unvote, ##vote wins

Does this mean you actually think wins is scum? I asked you for your opinion on him earlier and you never answered.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wins being the firekill doesn't make sense. I'm starting to feel like it was more of a bluff gambit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He didn't? He just came in and demanded Amoeba claim, which is strange, and taken in the context of Amoeba absorbing the night kill, makes me think he either had some investigation that hit something strange (but he would surely claim that and not just gently caress off like he has) or more likely was wondering why the kill did happen. Can you think of a different reason to make that demand?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mafia edit: didn't.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Clarification: I was responding to FV there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Max posted:

He didn't? He just came in and demanded Amoeba claim, which is strange, and taken in the context of Amoeba absorbing the night kill, makes me think he either had some investigation that hit something strange (but he would surely claim that and not just gently caress off like he has) or more likely was wondering why the kill did happen. Can you think of a different reason to make that demand?

I can, but I dont want to get the thread off track. Sorry for bringing the subject up, lets just leave it there.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Nothing else is happening. Speculate away.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's this or further Dethy speculation, but I think we've pushed that as far as it can go without any further info. FV, you're already voting for wins, so what else can you add?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Does this mean you actually think wins is scum? I asked you for your opinion on him earlier and you never answered.

Not necessarily, but we need a sanity check, and the way logic works right now, wins and/or zz are the way to get it

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

##unvote King SoandSo of France is not actually scum, let's avoid regicide for now.
Admittedly, this day appears to be a foregone conclusion, but taking 100YrsofAttitude's advice, I'm going through Wins' history.
Wins is at :hammer: -1, so I'm not going to cast any until we give them time to talk.
Wins did not participate in voting on the first day after unvoting Max over the Max/CCK fracas. Wins did say:

wins32767 posted:

I can buy that level of skill from merk. Walrus twigged my gut a bit too, but it was just a hunch.
but made no reference to that hunch before we lynched.

Wins did vote punt on day 2. Then Wins asked Amoeba apropos of nothing on day 3. This was before Amoeba posted about dodging the nightkill. (this probably strengthens your case, Max):

Max posted:

So the one day Wins didn't leave a vote was our day of lynching Scum. The one vote Wins did make and leave was on a cop.

I feel suspicious, but that may be because I'm reading wins' history with a suspicious eye based on how everyone else has cast votes.

Now that that's all written, it's basically fv's case.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##unvote
##vote wins

:redhammer:

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
:redhammer::redhammer:HAMMER TIME:redhammer::redhammer:

wins32767 (8): 100YrsofAttitude, fiery_valkyrie, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Max, Gamerofthegame, Spoonsy, Amoeba102 zzyzx
Spoonsy (1): merk, zzyzx
Amoeba102 (1): Quinquereme
zzyzx (0): Gamerofthegame, Max, Spoonsy, Nth Doctor

Not Voting (4): chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, wins32767,

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.

Nobody else post, gotta wait until Ecco comes in with the flip (I don't actually know anyone's alignment. :negative:)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Nobody else post, gotta wait until Ecco comes in with the flip (I don't actually know anyone's alignment. :negative:)
I've been here waiting for you :love: (and writing the flavor)

=======================

The residents of the Hall started to suspect that wins was up to no good. The case against him was a complicated one, built on the whispers of the dead and his own reluctance to speak to the rest of the servants and staff. It was claimed that Nate, the recently-murdered housekeeper, had intimated to his companions that he believed wins to be innocent of any conspiracy on Lady Clarent's life or the lives of her family. The rest of the Hall decided this meant wins was actually a conspirator after all, since they didn't trust Nate's judgment even for simple things. And so the Hall grabbed the quiet young man and took him to the gallows. Wins died peacefully that afternoon.
The Undertaker's Report arrived that evening as the servants sat in the dining hall for supper. They each took turns reading it silently, passing it to the next upon finishing and excusing themselves early, having lost their appetites. The Report revealed two interesting things: one, that the hanging is not what killed wins, but rather his body was so frail that the stress of the act of being executed snipped the final string holding him to life.
And two: he was not a conspirator. Quite the contrary! Though cleverly disguised, he was in fact Laurence de Pêche, Lady Clarent's elder son and heir to Peachtree Hall (Georgette's plot notwithstanding).

:s: wins32767, Laurence, Elder Son (Clarent-aligned rolecop), was executed day 3. :s:

It is now Night 3!
Submit your actions my children.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey guys sorry for the delayed opening, I received the last night action before 24 hours but right when I was beginning a big waste of my time fun and exciting minigame in another mafia game I'm in. results are going out now and thread will be open soon.

I know it is really late for most of you and for that I apologize as well.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
light on the flavor tonight sorry

Town woke up to find two more people killed. Nth was stabbed in the chest repeatedly, blood staining his sheets and pooling around the edge of his bed. He was the Hall's gamekeeper, making sure all the stags, boars, foxes, eels, hawks, and so on were alive and well for Her Lady's pleasure. He was an ancient figure, having been with the Hall longer than anyone could remember, but it seemed as if it's true - all lives must eventually end.

:s: Nth Doctor, Auguste, Gamekeeper (town-aligned roleblocker), was stabbed to death night 3. :s:

The next was zzyzx, a simple servant who found himself ripped to pieces. He was an urchin from the distant port town of Rubirge. He spent his entire life trying to escape the pain and mayhem of those Kermish streets. But in this chaotic world, nobody can ever truly be free from violence.

:s: zzyzx, Semir, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), was eviscerated night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4!
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Thursday, July 23rd, ~11PM EDT.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Either the dethy isn't a dethy, or Clarent-aligned doesn't return as TOWN and only shows up as TOWN to the Insane.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And don't go down the road that Gamer isn't town - Nth said they were confirmed masons.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hey Amoeba, wins clearly rolecopped you, so what did he learn?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He probably knew more about my role than I do. I thought I was vanilla till after N2 and I got a PM. I was told I was secretly Bullet proof and I had other secret abilities. I guess I won't know unless they get triggered.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If he thought he could use it as leverage, I might have a secret power that is normally seen as being a typical scum role.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

FV, what news?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm not sure I want to share. I think the dethy thing is getting too distracting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If I was a cop in a normal game I wouldn't be saying anything until I had gotten a scum result on someone. I haven't gotten a scum result on anyone, dont know if I could trust it if I did, and am still not certain of my sanity.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you think you're naive, then it helps find the real cop. yeah that's best kept amongst yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You guys can figure it out and have a rep let us know who is scum when you find it.

it kills my puzzle brain though. same as why I want to think of the dethy as real.

• Locked thread