Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Oh yeah I spent one session playing with real life friends, but it was actually pretty infuriating. We had all made our characters beforehand but ended up spending like 4 hours on one small intro encounter cause people started drinking and then got extremely drunk and couldn't remember anything from one moment to the next. They then called the game too confusing and went off to smoke weed before passing out.

We never played again.

That sounds a lot like the first time I ever played, except we didn't get confused or quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

That sounds a lot like the first time I ever played, except we didn't get confused or quit.

Drinking is fine and I expected the first encounter would go long as people learned, but they just drank way too much for the game and then were like "lol this game is too complicated".

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can somebody dust off meinberg and get him to run a mafia d&d game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg ran a fun little D&D game with a couple of us but we also only did one session. Capps was "that guy" in the party though and kept trying to steer us off track and question every NPC long past when the rest of us stopped caring.

We should do more RPGs though, the one Byers ran was really fun.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

If one was made I would play in it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chic Trombone posted:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

I can imagine Byers being really good at running a game for some reason :sun:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Yeah I'd enjoy that! Though I've never PBP'd a dnd session before, only skype.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hi mafia thread

i don't know about you but i'm huge huge on bags and for like 2 years now i've exclusively been buying bags from one person: SewMuchStyle. check out her work, help the environment through recycling etc.

also if you're a bag person let's compare collections.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

Meinberg ran a fun little D&D game with a couple of us but we also only did one session. Capps was "that guy" in the party though and kept trying to steer us off track and question every NPC long past when the rest of us stopped caring.

This Meinberg guy sounds like a cool dude, I wonder what happened to him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meinberg posted:

This Meinberg guy sounds like a cool dude, I wonder what happened to him.

I heard he was arrested for farting too much.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh my god somebody dusted off meinberg

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg I'm your biggest fan

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Meinberg will you sign my face

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg likes me the best of all

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

F Ernie
M Keane
K Meinberg

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

F Ernie
M Keane
K Meinberg

oh so that's where meinberg went :D

we all voted to kill him like the scum we are

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Despite our flaws as a community I feel that sa mafia is by and large a group of kind, understanding, and generous people. That's why I'm confident that in posting apostate courier's gofundme nobody here would confuse it for solicitation or begging on her part. If you can support AC in any way it'd just be further proof of the quality of people that make up sa mafia and help to set it apart as a family.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am simply too humbled by Meinberg, he is too much for me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

This is my bag collection!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

hi mafia thread

i don't know about you but i'm huge huge on bags and for like 2 years now i've exclusively been buying bags from one person: SewMuchStyle. check out her work, help the environment through recycling etc.

I am sorting my bags as we speak. I have many different Le Pliage and carry a pink leather crossbody most days because it rules. Oh freepeople's reusable shopping bags are also amazing.

Do you know what the Purse Forum is? There are many many pictures of bags there. I have even seen people's bags having tea parties it is really, something, else.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Goons. If you are ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to reach out to mafia goons. We have a great community here with people who want you to succeed in whatever you choose to do. We will be your sound board, your motivation, or your crutch. Please look us up for a PM, Skype, or in-person chat.

No one here should ever feel alone or up against the world by themselves.

I don't know very many of you, and many of you probably dislike my in-game persona. However, I value being a part of this Internet community over any other Internet community. I will go out of my way to help a goon in need.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Despite our flaws as a community I feel that sa mafia is by and large a group of kind, understanding, and generous people. That's why I'm confident that in posting apostate courier's gofundme nobody here would confuse it for solicitation or begging on her part. If you can support AC in any way it'd just be further proof of the quality of people that make up sa mafia and help to set it apart as a family.

i don't have the finances to help anyone else for the next 60 days, apo, but i promise that on day 61 i will pitch in!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

I am sorting my bags as we speak. I have many different Le Pliage and carry a pink leather crossbody most days because it rules. Oh freepeople's reusable shopping bags are also amazing.

Do you know what the Purse Forum is? There are many many pictures of bags there. I have even seen people's bags having tea parties it is really, something, else.

for me it depends on the occasion. i mostly use the recycled suit bags because it gives me the opportunity to buy garish suits i wouldn't otherwise, helps my recycle and also looks unique

for business i have an old 90s beane briefcase, and i have ... a few dozen travel bags and four laptop bags and 3 backpacks :X

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Goons. If you are ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to reach out to mafia goons. We have a great community here with people who want you to succeed in whatever you choose to do. We will be your sound board, your motivation, or your crutch. Please look us up for a PM, Skype, or in-person chat.

I don't know very many of you, and many of you probably dislike my in-game persona. However, I value being a part of this Internet community over any other Internet community. I will go out of my way to help a goon in need.

:hfive:

this goes for me too btw.

I poo poo post a lot and i'm weird but I will help you if you need help and it is help I can provide.

:mafiaunity:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

Thanks for this. You're a pretty cool guy to play party games on the internet with.

You're great. You're all great. We may yell at eachother and call eachother idiots constantly, but what family doesn't?

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 21, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would be up for a pbp d&d.

Asiina posted:

Capps was "that guy" in the party though

the few times I have played d&d it was with multiple that guys. and despite everyone being sober it was just impossible to get anything done; people would just not be paying attention at all.

it really does seem like an enjoyable game though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I've only dungeon mastered irl but I'll read through some current pbp dnd threads and see if it's something I could see myself doing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Which reminds me, my vanilla mafia game still needs 10 people! Woohoo!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I would like to do PBP of some boardgames - but I feel like it's too much effort to run at the moment.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I did some Fury of Dracula boardgame pbp here in the games forum years back it was neat but time consuming.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Play by post can be good fun. Doing stuff over hangouts has its advantages, but can also be rough if there are scheduling issues. I think I've come to prefer the advantages of the play by post format, and it's probably best suited for those of us who do the Mafia thing on forums.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't do pbp, it's not for me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

how about pbdts, or pbfts.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

how about pbdts, or pbfts.

What are those?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Play By Driving To Sydney
or
Play By Flying To Sydney

I highly recommend you try it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can do PBPTTS

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Australia is a strange place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Public Transport. Strange and terrifying.