Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

*nods* It is hard to find people who will get to the higher levels of Pac Man.

I got the kill screen yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

I got the kill screen yesterday
Record it next time, don't leave us hanging.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Great Joe posted:

Record it next time, don't leave us hanging.

I tried doing that when I got the Duckhunt killscreen, it didn't turn out well

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You should try beating Sinistar's high score, which hasn't been beaten in thirty years.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

KILLSCREEN should be a sci-fi action thriller movie from the late 1980s, starring Arnold.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mak0rz posted:

Why? Do you intend to buy/play it?

Maybe, maybe not. The future is fluid

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I actually have no idea what B-K even refers to. Burger King?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah, we're talking about sneak king

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PerniciousKnid posted:

I actually have no idea what B-K even refers to. Burger King?

Banjo-Kazooie, I'm assuming because of the hyphen. Why he didn't just type Banjo-Kazooie is beyond me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Those are precious moments that should be spent gaming

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

KILLSCREEN should be a sci-fi action thriller movie from the late 1980s, starring Arnold.

I can't wait to find out what sick killscreen reference they cram into Pixels, the newest videogaming adventure from Adam Sandler.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

Those are precious moments that should be spent gaming

this guy gets it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i have been hyped for no man's sky based on my realistic expectations, to wit:

- i will be able to fly to different planets and explore them
- 65daysofstatic does the soundtrack

lol @ anyone who didn't realize it's just an ambitious indie game, because if you thought it was anything other than a weed smoking screen saver time killer you clearly didn't do any research at all

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
NMS is basically a study in the concept that constraints paradoxically give people more freedom because the negative space is somehow comforting and inspiring. It is the "Write 10,000 words about anything you want!" novella challenge. The Chili's kid's menu with every color crayon available and no images to fill-in, if you will.

precision posted:

lol @ anyone who didn't realize it's just an ambitious indie game, because if you thought it was anything other than a weed smoking screen saver time killer you clearly didn't do any research at all

Now that you say that, maybe it will fulfill my desire for a new Noby Noby Boy-like on nextgen. Don't get my damned hopes up, precision...

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The No Man's Sky devs bragging about putting a bunch of Jaden Smith quotes in the game was when I knew my disinterest was completely justified, because if there's one thing a game about meditative space exploration needs it's some epic may-mays.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

NMS is basically a study in the concept that constraints paradoxically give people more freedom because the negative space is somehow comforting and inspiring. It is the "Write 10,000 words about anything you want!" novella challenge. The Chili's kid's menu with every color crayon available and no images to fill-in, if you will.

it's also one of those things where some people just fundamentally don't "get" it. they're like "yeah, whatever, it looks pretty, but what do you DO?" "uh, i dunno, probably fly around, mine space rocks, buy different ships, chill out" "no but like what do you DO?"

it's like that Steam post about Her Story where the guy goes "how do i know when i've beat the game" and someone responds "when you feel satisfied" and the guy says "how do i know when i'm satisfied"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

it's also one of those things where some people just fundamentally don't "get" it. they're like "yeah, whatever, it looks pretty, but what do you DO?" "uh, i dunno, probably fly around, mine space rocks, buy different ships, chill out" "no but like what do you DO?"

it's like that Steam post about Her Story where the guy goes "how do i know when i've beat the game" and someone responds "when you feel satisfied" and the guy says "how do i know when i'm satisfied"

they have to show a guy making an upgrade to his ship so he can do something he couldn't do before because every video is the same and no one ever makes any form of progress that we are told is there. smh at this pr plan.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i love creativity and pushing the boundaries of the medium, but i also love leveling up and collecting things.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

i love creativity and pushing the boundaries of the medium, but i also love leveling up and collecting things.
perhaps you would enjoy Borderlands 2 by Randy Pitchford

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am too busy playing zelda for that. i just beat the first dungeon in phantom hourglass, which made me blow on the screen, and obscenely told me to rub my stylus.

i didn't know you could jump across some of the pits, and my wife solved that puzzle for me. the boss was p. hard because you have to look at two screens at once.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

:agreed:

this is why Journey is still the best game ever. it tells probably the greatest story in all video gaming without using written OR spoken language and minimal imagery, but also has big levels where you run around collecting shiny things, every one of which lets you fly higher, and as everyone knows, flying rules

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

precision posted:

flying rules
:yeah:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Great Joe posted:

List of things you can do on a planet:
  • shoot gun
  • look at animal
  • look at box

No Man's Sky really is an impressive display of what developers really can do with the power of the Playstation 4.

that's all ive expected or wanted out of it so still hyped

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

precision posted:

this basically

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

That's more like the out-of-touch tv exec explaining that a sitcom without a laugh track won't do well because people won't know what's supposed to be funny.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

Yeah this is all I really wanted out of this game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I really want NMS to be what precision described. It's even better cause the PS4 has Spotify now so I can change up the soundtrack if need be.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

they have to show a guy making an upgrade to his ship so he can do something he couldn't do before because every video is the same and no one ever makes any form of progress that we are told is there. smh at this pr plan.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oh my fuckin god

just

wow

el oh loving el

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

retro gamer is the new classic rock dad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i mean i agree with the sentiment sort of but uh lol?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Uh yeah all games give you an achievement for beating it.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

bloodychill posted:

People like relevant choices that they can easily understand. People don't like having to pick from 30 different insurance companies.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So apparently the whole reason why gears of War got a Super Deluxe HD remake is that they're pulling a Jurassic World and are making a second Sequel that has a different timeline.

There are now multiple timelines in gears of War

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

There are now multiple timelines in gears of War

Kinda surprised it took this long, to be honest. Would've thought they'd have a time paradox by game 3 at the latest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why does fraps display a framerate for google chrome and mozilla firefox wtf

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

precision posted:

I think you're in the wrong forum.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh sure Atlus claim that Persona 5 has an all new cast and then drop the Megaton bomb that the Persona 4 cast shows up about 1/4th of the way through and they're like in their 30's and are basically the Ghostbusters but run by Chie who is wearing Arnold's Clothes from Terminator 2 and the entire P5 cast just becomes Vaan from Final Fantasy 12.

Persona 5 is just Persona 4 part 4. Do Not believe the lies.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ekster posted:

People like relevant choices that they can easily understand. People don't like having to pick from 30 different insurance companies.

What if it's from an infinite number of deterministic, procedurally generated insurance companies, each with slightly different wood paneling variations and #1 Dad mugs on their desks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

exquisite tea posted:

What if it's from an infinite number of deterministic, procedurally generated insurance companies, each with slightly different wood paneling variations and #1 Dad mugs on their desks.

That's going to be the Stanley Parable Sequel

• Locked thread