Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Maybe we could just have cool matches without over the top stupid Face/Heel dynamics? Like how in real sports people root for their favorites and only the New York Yankees are literally hitler.

Or we could have Bray Wyatt be Bray Wyatt and THE AUTHORITY exist so we can have cool badass heels because that's what wrestling was in the 1980s and must always be.

You can have someone like AJ Styles or The Young Bucks be heels simply because they're cocky assholes. If you want to talk about 'reality' or people hating a heel be what draws, then gently caress, how is that not better anyway. I know a lot of people like heel AJ Styles. I sure don't know any loving legitimate sociopaths in real life which seems to be the basis for completely irredeemable evil no likable feature heels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Xpac was bigger though. That was the point of the feud.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

what about it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HulkaMatt posted:

what about it

It was Kane's debut.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i was confused

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe we could just have cool matches without over the top stupid Face/Heel dynamics? Like how in real sports people root for their favorites and only the New York Yankees are literally hitler.

Unless you're watching Duke/North Carolina, where there are no winners because both teams are repulsive

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

sticklefifer posted:

HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

What the gently caress did I just read here?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CoolCat posted:

What the gently caress did I just read here?

A duelling crowd chant that accurately represents the last three pages of the thread

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Would a crowd filled entirely with PSP posters be the worst crowd or the best crowd?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

find out this august at BOLA 2015!!!!!!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Delsaber posted:

Would a crowd filled entirely with PSP posters be the worst crowd or the best crowd?

WE ARE AWESOME

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Delsaber posted:

the best crowd for me hoping Great White is the musical guest

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mob posted:

A+

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

WE ARE AWESOME

NO WE'RE NOT

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

lol

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DynamiteKidd posted:

TNA also did a feud between Abyss and Stevie Richards, where babyface Abyss looked like a giant dickhead bully in their PPV match because Stevie got zero offense on him and was being slaughtered. There's probably A Way to book a giant monster face against a much-smaller heel, but lol@doing it like that.

Gimmicks that prop up the little guy. A hostile ref, being outnumbered by his gang at ringside, banning moves the big guy uses a lot, etc.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

sticklefifer posted:

HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

HEELS-DON'T-NEED-MOVES!

YES-THEY-DO!

Love them or hate them, you have to respect moves.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Mob posted:

:eyepop:

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Mob posted:

RIP Dimebag Darrell.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

The Undertaker (star created in 1990) showed up to "Undertaker" chants and big cheers. He said he's a remorseless, vengeful grim reaper. He said the painful truth is streaks are made to be broken, but Brock Lesnar (star created in 2002) had to remind everyone week after week of his greatest accomplishments, and enough is enough. Lesnar has taken what was once smoldering ashes and turned it into a raging inferno. Undertaker said last night was his resurrection.

Charlotte won with the Figure 8. Brie Bella (50/50. Since a pattern?) was a step slow in spots, particularly when Charlotte missed a Pescado before the break. Brie threw kicks to Charlotte's body and the crowd chanted "Yes" in salute of Daniel Bryan (star created in 2012, despite the company's best efforts otherwise). Nikki, Alicia Fox (50/50) were in Brie's corner while Paige (50/50) and Becky Lynch (2nd Raw) cheered on Charlotte.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Why the gently caress would anyone read that whole review? That guy should never, ever watch Raw again. Or write anything on the internet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What does 50/50 mean?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I've read this twice and I don't know whether to be more confused about why every wrestler needs to have their 'got over in' year attached, or over what the hell 50/50 means

E: Ok guessed it was from f4w, read the full article and I guess 50/50 means midcarder, but doesn't make it any less weird. Where do you go to complain about this guy

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 21, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Brie Bella (50/50. Since a pattern?)

I dare anyone to parse that

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Blasmeister posted:

E: Ok guessed it was from f4w, read the full article and I guess 50/50 means midcarder, but doesn't make it any less weird. Where do you go to complain about this guy

complaining about f4w contributers only makes them stronger

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's lovely writing but the point was everyone in WWE is just a parity booked midcarder no one cares about or a star created 10-30 years ago

which is true but write an article about it don't spam a recap people are only reading for the results with it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

complaining about f4w contributers only makes them stronger

just don't pick apart their articles point by point

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That reads like one of those sporting event newspaper articles written by that program that just reads the stat lines and creates paragraphs.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Mob posted:

That reads like one of those sporting event newspaper articles written by that program that just reads the stat lines and creates paragraphs.

Funny you should say that because a certain 40+ year old man writing RAW play-by-play has CREDENTIALS:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

my college podcasting resume is better than that sheesh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

I dare anyone to parse that

Brie Bella has 50/50 vision and can see into your soul.

The reason why she married Daniel Bryan is because he's so beaten up and dead inside, he no longer has one, so her gift doesn't work on him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/the-man-who-sold-the-world

quote:

"Oh, not me, I never lost control. You're face to face with the man who sold the world."
- The Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie

Jeff Jarrett sits in a dressing room at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. His mind races with memories as he gazes at the King of the Mountain Championship that rests on his lap. It's been three hours since he hooked that title and won a match he never thought he'd compete in again, in a place he was sure he'd never be in again.

It's funny the strange roads that life takes you down. He's been telling anyone who will listen that a year ago, a month ago, heck, even a week ago, this scenario would have been unthinkable. And yet here he is. The locker room is empty and the wrestlers have all gone home. The only sounds are the clanging and banging of crew members taking apart the ring and of course, the sound of the memories in his head... oh, the memories.

For the founder of TNA Wrestling, Slammiversary was less about reliving the memories of this place and more about setting the stage for what's to come, because no matter how much he loves his new role and the things he's doing with Global Force Wrestling, he'd be lying if he said it didn't stick in his craw about how TNA slipped away from him.

That's why he took the call from TNA management, that's why he came to Impact and that's why he fought tooth and nail to become the undisputed King of the Mountain. This wasn't just a match, and it sure wasn't a farewell. This was an awakening for Jeff Jarrett, both personally and professionally, and if wrestling fans think they have seen the last of Double J, they're wrong. Dead wrong.

Jeff Jarrett has overcome a lot in his life. He's won and lost things many of us can't comprehend and yet, he's never lost sight of what matters. As a man of faith, Jarrett trusts that his Lord will guide him to where he needs to be in order to provide for his family and to maintain his legacy in a business that runs through his veins.

Jeff Jarrett trusts that he's in a TNA locker room again for a reason, and already in his head, the cogs of a plan are beginning to turn. It's a plan that will carry him through GFW's Amped TV tapings in Las Vegas and eventually back again to TNA. What Jeff will do on this journey has gotten people interested but for now, he's content to leave them guessing. Rest assured, though, what unfolds might not just change Jeff Jarrett's place in wrestling – it may just change wrestling as we know it.

Karen Jarrett knocks on the locker room door and urges her husband to get dressed and go home. Looking down at his phone, Jeff sees missed calls, texts and tweets from people in AAA, New Japan, House of Hardcore, GFW and ROH. Jarrett smiles to himself and mutters under his breath, "Who says territories are dead?" And with that, as he rises to his feet, the King of the Mountain has reached the point where he's gone from being the man who sold the world, to being the man who just might rule the world... of wrestling.

tl;dr Jeff Jarrett zones out in a locker room and misses a bunch of important calls and texts while his wife tells him to put his clothes on and go home

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ah so the plan is to change fully into a fan fiction site after September

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

quote:

Dave Meltzer on the Makabe/Ishii match from Dominion

"Because of the way the match was going I'm not sure these spots weren't on purpose to tell you that this match is falling apart because he's hurt and make it more real. It did feel like that was the case. When you can take a match to the level where you go beyond suspending...know this was like in a new dimension of believability in a sense that you know it's fake but what is real and what is not real as far as what is going on in this match and then they're blowing spots and are they really the blowing spots because the blown spots seem to figure in."

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The words of a professional writer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I like people using AJ and the Bucks as examples of heels who can do flashy moves, even though they couldn't stay heel here because they're so entertaining in the ring.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Jonny Nox posted:

The words of a professional writer.

To be fair, that was me transcribing him from a podcast

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Comment retracted then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007