Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

When do we find out who's leaving?

A half hour and then however long it takes to skip around to where they talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's Crabin.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. He was occasionally the odd man being the pure movie guy in a room full of comedy dudes but I feel like he was stepping up his game recently and landing some great lines. :(

weekly font fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 21, 2015

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

weekly font posted:

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. I feel like he was really stepping up his game in the last few months. :(

Well won't you like his lines even more when Sebulba is doing them?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Good to see he's finally getting work. He's been available for so long.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

weekly font posted:

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. He was occasionally the odd man being the pure movie guy in a room full of comedy dudes but I feel like he was stepping up his game recently and landing some great lines. :(

Dude's the best part of the Hard Target review. He might not be funny for a living like the other three, but he's still absolutely hysterical.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh dammit :( I love Cabin's flabbergasted outrage at things I would never have noticed, but at least we had that beautiful moment in Son of the Mask during the Blockbuster month before he left

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Are you sure it was not Secundus?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DoombatINC posted:

Oh dammit :( I love Cabin's flabbergasted outrage at things I would never have noticed, but at least we had that beautiful moment in Son of the Mask during the Blockbuster month before he left

Yeah that was beautiful. #IHeartCrabin

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's only a year, y'all, he'll be back.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eric Movie really needs to write The Man From T.O.I.L.E.T.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you sure it was not Secundus?

Probably, actually.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
When they said they were doing the Sigfried and Roy cartoon I thought they meant the infamous Dreamworks bomb Father of the Pride before finding out that, incredibly, they were in multiple cartoons.

The one the WHM gang is talking about probably doesn't have any jokes about lionesses masturbating with their tails so it's the better show by default.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

When they said they were doing the Sigfried and Roy cartoon I thought they meant the infamous Dreamworks bomb Father of the Pride before finding out that, incredibly, they were in multiple cartoons.

The one the WHM gang is talking about probably doesn't have any jokes about lionesses masturbating with their tails so it's the better show by default.

I remember that show was in development for so long it had the unfortunate timing of coming out one year AFTER Siegfried and Roy's live show ended when Roy was attacked by one of the tigers.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

bobservo posted:

I remember that show was in development for so long it had the unfortunate timing of coming out one year AFTER Siegfried and Roy's live show ended when Roy was attacked by one of the tigers.

Yeah, it was really sad because they couldn't actually voice the characters but were hoping that since they had to stop their stage show after the attack that Father of the Pride could be their continuing legacy.

Then it came out and, welp.

e. The entire series is on YouTube, I haven't ever done a listener request before but now I might send one in to them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Going back and listening to the Revolutions episode, I can't help but feel in the minority for liking it more than Reloaded. I always felt as though in the first movie the gunplay was necessary in order to have some kind of even footing against agents. The kung fu was a last resort in an "oh gently caress I'm going to die better stall the agent so everyone else can get away" tactic unless they were going up against regular cops and SWAT. Even though agents were stronger and faster they're still bound by the rules of the world and would still be unable to function with bullets lodged in their heads.

Reloaded was just ALL martial arts fighting, and not a lot of gunplay. So to me I would see more and more flaws in how they'd perform and make it look decent for Western actors trying to do wire work. Plus just fatigue setting in especially when the brawl scene turns Neo into a cgi spinning top. I really liked in Revolutions they went back to physically destroying a set with bullets in the beginning. And I liked seeing the attempted defense of the dock with those beer belly exo suits, its the Neo poo poo that was so loving BORING, up until he gets his eyes melted shut, and him and Trinity permanently whisper all their monotone dialogue that is somehow NEGATIVE acting.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jiro posted:

Going back and listening to the Revolutions episode, I can't help but feel in the minority for liking it more than Reloaded. I always felt as though in the first movie the gunplay was necessary in order to have some kind of even footing against agents. The kung fu was a last resort in an "oh gently caress I'm going to die better stall the agent so everyone else can get away" tactic unless they were going up against regular cops and SWAT. Even though agents were stronger and faster they're still bound by the rules of the world and would still be unable to function with bullets lodged in their heads.

Reloaded was just ALL martial arts fighting, and not a lot of gunplay. So to me I would see more and more flaws in how they'd perform and make it look decent for Western actors trying to do wire work. Plus just fatigue setting in especially when the brawl scene turns Neo into a cgi spinning top. I really liked in Revolutions they went back to physically destroying a set with bullets in the beginning. And I liked seeing the attempted defense of the dock with those beer belly exo suits, its the Neo poo poo that was so loving BORING, up until he gets his eyes melted shut, and him and Trinity permanently whisper all their monotone dialogue that is somehow NEGATIVE acting.

I actually agree, though yeah, we're in the minority. Reloaded was incredibly boring. They went from point A to point B because someone told them to, and there are no real stakes. The kung fu is something people do because, well, why not? He fights the Oracle's guard because they haven't fought anyone in a little bit, then they stop, smile, and go see the Oracle. Pointless. And almost every fight is in beat, as in each punch and kick comes at a regular *hit* *hit* *hit*, making the whole thing seem more like a dance than a fight for your life. When Neo meets the new agents at the beginning he fights them, saying "Upgrades", I guess to explain why he doesn't just blow them up like he did Smith at the end of the first one, but he doesn't even try. Because, again, we need to have kung fu for no reason. The highway scene was interesting, but again is an example of doing something because we did it in the first one, and there's way too much slow down speed up shots, for no reason here. There are no stakes to almost everything they do.

The third one finally has some stakes, and they're going towards goals, not checkpoints someone sent them to. The dock fight has some silly moments, but it's an intense fight for their lives. Same with the Dragonball Z fight at the end, silly, but at least something is finally happening.

Don't get me wrong, they're both bad. But Reloaded commits the greatest sin of being so incredibly dull and pointless.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I've never really thought about it, much in the same way I've never graded my turds.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

I've never really thought about it, much in the same way I've never graded my turds.

You can actually tell a lot about your diet and current health that way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You can also tell a lot about your diet by remembering what you ate. Hopefully it'll involve fewer turds in a bowl, but I'm not here to judge.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gyges posted:

You can also tell a lot about your diet by remembering what you ate. Hopefully it'll involve fewer turds in a bowl, but I'm not here to judge.

brb, writing my gross-out comedy Memento-esque movie.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Are you German by any chance? If not, well you'll probably be glad to hear they've got your back on this one.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

dr_rat posted:

Are you German by any chance? If not, well you'll probably be glad to hear they've got your back on this one.

https://youtu.be/rzXPyCY7jbs

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

....it appears you have already researched this subject far more then I thought possible.

Viva la :france: for me though.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

The Vosgian Beast posted:

manwhostaresatgoats
Nov 30, 2008

Don't mind me making sweeping generalizations about certain ethnicities.

I am certainly not a xenophobic shithead who has kneejerk reactions to shit I read in the media.

I am a level-headed person I swear.

Ror posted:

I guess it would be Yeah, It's That Bad? Which is over, but there are archives available. I've only listened to a handful of episodes, but it's in the same podcast wheelhouse and I found it a little easier to jump into than The Flophouse. They're both a bit inside jokey though. I've never quite found another podcast that matches the same conversation dynamic WHM has.

Also, Sucker Punch commentary is fun. None of them want to be watching the movie because it's a boring slog. It's kind of nice because they don't spend the whole time making easy jokes about Zach Snyder and how ~awful~ the movie is, I'm pretty sure they all get the general point, it's more of a straightforward WHM "what the gently caress is going on and who is this movie for?" and after an hour or so they're asking each other if it's OK to start fast forwarding. Although I guess I only recommend it if you've never seen Sucker Punch, that was a 'still haven't, still happy' for me but it's a lot more watchable with the gang in the background.

A little late but hey whm is going on vacation so...

this is probably the podcast with the closest style to WHM. However the hands down best episode is their "after dark" episode: the trillionaires club. Which had nothing to do with movies at all and everything to do with Atlantic city and fondue restaurants.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

thrawn527 posted:

I actually agree, though yeah, we're in the minority. Reloaded was incredibly boring. They went from point A to point B because someone told them to, and there are no real stakes. The kung fu is something people do because, well, why not? He fights the Oracle's guard because they haven't fought anyone in a little bit, then they stop, smile, and go see the Oracle. Pointless. And almost every fight is in beat, as in each punch and kick comes at a regular *hit* *hit* *hit*, making the whole thing seem more like a dance than a fight for your life. When Neo meets the new agents at the beginning he fights them, saying "Upgrades", I guess to explain why he doesn't just blow them up like he did Smith at the end of the first one, but he doesn't even try. Because, again, we need to have kung fu for no reason. The highway scene was interesting, but again is an example of doing something because we did it in the first one, and there's way too much slow down speed up shots, for no reason here. There are no stakes to almost everything they do.

The third one finally has some stakes, and they're going towards goals, not checkpoints someone sent them to. The dock fight has some silly moments, but it's an intense fight for their lives. Same with the Dragonball Z fight at the end, silly, but at least something is finally happening.

Don't get me wrong, they're both bad. But Reloaded commits the greatest sin of being so incredibly dull and pointless.

In hindsight I agree. At the time it was like oooh Reloaded has all the action in it, but it's also pretty ponderous and is just a whole lot of people walking somewhere, having a philosophical discussion and then going somewhere else while possibly having a fight.

The the Burly Brawl happens and it all goes to poo poo. At the time I wasn't that big a fan but it looks loving terrible now. Watching a shiny, plastic Keanu Reeves isn't really that fun.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Has Southland Tales ever been mentioned as a "Stay Tuned"? That godawful mess may be worth calling in a request for.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brocktoon posted:

Has Southland Tales ever been mentioned as a "Stay Tuned"? That godawful mess may be worth calling in a request for.

Probably not, because unlike a lot of movies, you can't even describe what happens in it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Something about Southland Tales gave me a lot of goodwill towards The Rock and Seann William Scott that just continues to get stronger.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Probably not, because unlike a lot of movies, you can't even describe what happens in it.

It's weirdly such an ambitious mess that I don't really know how you can make it funny. But I can't even bring myself to dislike it.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

So did Kanye do a gig in that place before the guys went on and forget to take his auto tune machine with him what the gently caress

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hat Thoughts posted:

Something about Southland Tales gave me a lot of goodwill towards The Rock and Seann William Scott that just continues to get stronger.

I'd love to hear the gang take on The Rundown, it would be a great We Love Movies episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the episode where they posit who would play them in a theoretical whm movie, and Steven says <fat comedian> and Eric says Chris Hemsworth

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure that was Episode 200: Red Heat.

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit

Bolek posted:

So did Kanye do a gig in that place before the guys went on and forget to take his auto tune machine with him what the gently caress

I agree. I didn't make it past a couple minutes unfortunately. It's impossible to listen to.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I know I'm going to sound like That rear end in a top hat, but what? It sounded fine to me, and sounds fine on the website player too.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Did anybody else notice an audio issue with the live Green Lantern episode? Sounded like everybody got autotuned. Like all computery. This after they PROMISED the sound would be perfect!! Or it may have just been a problem with my download. Whatever, it was funny and it sounded like they were singing so win win.

E:

Bolek posted:

well should have read better.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't know what problem you guys are having, but I heard only mild artifacting from the room acoustics, cleanup, compression, etc. Nothing that even approached singing or autotune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I listened to it with headphones on while walking the dog and it sounded fine to me. Obviously not as good as in studio episodes, but it was still perfectly fine audio.