Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Yeah, we've been blue-balling that thing for too bloody long. EAT THE TESTICLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Engage testicle

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I got balls, all right.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

8===>
^
these

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't eat the testicle it's like two days old by now

use it! use it for evil!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
We've come too far and seen too much to give up now and are full of an undeserved confidence! fight the goddamn bastard

alternately, if it's possible,

gotta lotta balls

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It takes balls to win a fight. I say we do both.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Don't eat the testicle - punch a hole in it, and slurp up the contents like you're drinking delicious coconut milk.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Don't eat the testicle - punch a hole in it, and slurp up the contents like you're drinking delicious coconut milk.

Stick a straw in it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
got
a
lot
Of
Balls

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Testicle time has arrived. Eat that fucker and eliminate the half bastard.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
We must have that bastard's bastard sword for our own bastard adventures of bastardry

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Monkey Fracas posted:

We must have that bastard's bastard sword for our own bastard adventures of bastardry

Combine both hand-and-a-half swords and make a three-hander.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Monkey Fracas posted:

you sniffed out how to get the titular sword before I got to scan that part in :(

Anyway, Balls (I didn't expect anyone to get it tbh but there must be some 2FF veterans around). Will have the update tonight.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

No-one mentioned the Morrowind reference yet?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

St. Juib protect us

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

> Research the AIDS virus and how to get it in your system.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update:

You noticed what the book was doing and finally decided to eat some balls. We flip forward to 171:

This spares us a really tough fight and gains us a permanent increase in Elan along with the Manly Hairs item:

More junk, but it can't be gotten rid of (it grows back)

We need to decide what to do next:

1) What to do about our beaten adversary
2) Should we continue on to Bilgeton with the caravan or do something else?

I was trying to dig up the balls-eating animation but ran out of time, hopefully will be able to find it.

Adventure sheet:

---------------------------------------

For those of you who wanted to fight, I ran the battle out. The first couple of times he hit and killed us in the first round. The third time I tried we hit him in the first round by some luck, got hit in the second and saved, and got hit in the last and failed to save. Basically I couldn't get to three rounds. I think this guy is the toughest in the game by far and if you want to fight him you need to start with 9 Elan and try not to lose any throughout the adventure, and of course try not to be too wounded.

E: You may have noticed - the book is really starting to fall apart now. I left it near a lamp and the grease that had soaked into the pages caught fire. We're nearly at the end so hopefully it holds together until we finish this LP.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 22, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Shouldn't our Adventure sheet portrait have a bit more 'stash?

1) Loot and shave our bested opponent and send him bare and buck naked back to Aggie. She'll find something to do with him.

2) Onto Bilgeton! We can double-cross the skeletons there and make some mad coin selling whatever it was were were guarding.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Let's chain the prisoner to the front of the lead wagon, and use our medical skills to set up an ongoing blood transfusion between him and the skeleton driver. Harvest elf ribcages and make them into a xylophone for a skeleton to play at the front of a wagon, and stretch elf pelts over spare barrels to make a drum set for another skeleton wagon to jam on.

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Outrail posted:

1) Loot and shave our bested opponent and send him bare and buck naked back to Aggie. She'll find something to do with him.

2) Onto Bilgeton! We can double-cross the skeletons there and make some mad coin selling whatever it was were were guarding.

This

Also reading the testicle description made me retch

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Let's chain the prisoner to the front of the lead wagon, and use our medical skills to set up an ongoing blood transfusion between him and the skeleton driver. Harvest elf ribcages and make them into a xylophone for a skeleton to play at the front of a wagon, and stretch elf pelts over spare barrels to make a drum set for another skeleton wagon to jam on.

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Outrail posted:

This plus aren't elf ears known to bring good luck? Let's make a necklace out of the ears of the fallen elves!

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Outrail posted:

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

:perfect:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As sensible as it would be to drag the half elf back to Aggie to be flensed, we cannot not create a skeleton war drum chariot

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

People keep saying this kind of thing but this book predates the Elder Scrolls by something like 15 years...either it's a coincidence or Bethesda referenced this book.

E: Aggie can probably see the battle from her house (you are literally in her driveway), if you just leave the corpses she'll send someone to get them.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

This a thousand times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

You can't beat perfection!

Gilganixon posted:

People keep saying this kind of thing but this book predates the Elder Scrolls by something like 15 years...either it's a coincidence or Bethesda referenced this book.

E: Aggie can probably see the battle from her house (you are literally in her driveway), if you just leave the corpses she'll send someone to get them.

It's almost certainly a nod to the series by Bethesda. It also explains why they never fixed the Cliff Racers because nothing was broken with them. One of my friends who was more into CYOA books than I was brought this up at the time, but I didn't know what he was talking about. Kinda neat to finally see it though.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Looks as though we'll be doing this, it's only possible if you have one of the items that establishes you as a psychopath, which of course we have. I'll check again later on and post the update (and an ending we're missing out on)

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Then onward to Bilgeton!

Just to make sure this happens.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

> Try approaching him offering your 5 of your clinky shiny unlawfully accured jew gold for sucking his purestrain AIDS out of his weiner

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Using the manly power of the testicle run back to the tower and spend another hour with Aggie before the powers wear off.

Also tell the skeletons to chill out and wait for you to come back.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update:

Big update this time. Scanner made it nearly through to the end!
Got the page scanned in at last:

Most people want to finish him, but since there's an ending right here if we spare him let's look at that too. Turning to 78 for now:

But yeah, we're not doing that. Turning to 299:

We get the elf's sword and a pamphlet about a certain milkman:

This sword is better than the one we already have. Some people have already asked to combine them, which is a possibility.

And since y'all asked for it, on to probably the most repulsive entry in the entire game book:

We're now approaching Bilgeton, a walled city that will probably have a guard that may or may not be looking for us depending on whether anyone saw us committing our various crimes or not.

Anyway, decisions.

1. What extra item did we loot from the dead elves?
2. What's the plan as we approach Bilgeton?

Adventure sheet:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1: Those Elves made some Skull Bongo drums we can use
2: Pretend we're being attacked by skeletons (look what they did to my companion! Oh look he just died!) and enlist the aid of the town guards in protecting our goods.

Combine the swords!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yessss we got the good ending AND still get to have one of the numerous blood and terrible endings. There is nothing I love in this world more than murdering elves and driving to extinction is fantastic. Shame that in the canon storyline his blood is being sprayed all over a skeleton but ehhh, maybe we'll do a little light reading and ask the half-elf just why the hell he had a milkman pamphlet on his person when the horses stop to water?

1) WE SHOULD MAKE A BELT OUT OF ELF HEADS I HATE drat ELVES SO MUCH
2) Approach as normal. We're legitimate now that we're riding with Aggie's crew! Should earn us some cred, then let's find her contact and trade some skeletons for the rest of the cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

combine the swords
Approach casual. We are legit and delivering goods. Let's not fuckup a good thing.

• Locked thread