Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any tips for Wizardy in general? Like which one to start with. I'm talking about those gog re-releases, to be clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Any tips for Wizardy in general? Like which one to start with. I'm talking about those gog re-releases, to be clear.
Take one party through 6-8. You know you want to.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ToxicFrog posted:

Wild Arms XF
- The RFX stat determines how often units get turns. Needless to say, this stat is god. Clarissa has a skill that increases turn speed for everyone adjacent to her and will probably spend most of the game spamming this. One of the later classes (I think either in the second or third group you unlock?) has a passive that randomly adds to your turn counter every time you end your turn. This can and will result in units sometimes getting to move two or three times in a row and you want this skill on absolutely everyone.

- The early game is a bit slow and the whole thing doesn't really open up until you get to at least the second set of classes, but there's a lot of fun to be had in mixing and matching abilities, especially on the unique plot characters.

- Generics can be rerolled when hiring them until they have better stats across the board than anyone else, which can be fun, but using the plot characters is also good. Some of them are just okay, and some of them have some truly ridiculous skills and stat sets.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Anything for Bloodborne? I was surprised that there was nothing in the wiki about it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

blackguy32 posted:

Anything for Bloodborne? I was surprised that there was nothing in the wiki about it.

People have asked before in this thread, how much do you know about souls games? There's also a very active bloodborne thread and people talk about BB advise and tips in the PS4 thread all the time.

Everything from normal souls games applies. Explore EVERYWHERE. Take your time. Learn to time your attacks, learn all your options. Don't be afraid to use guns or molotovs. Practice the parry timing of your gun; gun-parries (visceral attacks) are bloodborne's backstabs and they do TONS of damage, some bosses really almost require them. Guns are more about stuns than damage. If you find one path and its too hard, try finding other paths, the games aren't linear and do allow you to go the wrong direction. If you get stuck ask for help. Don't be afraid to co-op. Focus on STR or SKL (or a balance of both) for your first run, don't worry about BLT or ARC too much. Weapons don't have much scaling until you upgrade them a lot though, so at first put all your points into HP (VIT? whatever its called) and END for survivability and just upgrade your weapons for damage. Once they're up to +5/+6 then you can start puttitng points into STR or SKL and seeing a return.

There's a lot of other little things I could point out but they'd be spoilers, you're better off going in blind and just taking your time and trying to soak it all up.

Post in the BB thread if you get stuck.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 21, 2015

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

People have asked before in this thread, how much do you know about souls games? There's also a very active bloodborne thread and people talk about BB advise and tips in the PS4 thread all the time.

Everything from normal souls games applies. Explore EVERYWHERE. Take your time. Learn to time your attacks, learn all your options. Don't be afraid to use guns or molotovs. Practice the parry timing of your gun; gun-parries (visceral attacks) are bloodborne's backstabs and they do TONS of damage, some bosses really almost require them. Guns are more about stuns than damage. If you find one path and its too hard, try finding other paths, the games aren't linear and do allow you to go the wrong direction. If you get stuck ask for help. Don't be afraid to co-op. Focus on STR or SKL (or a balance of both) for your first run, don't worry about BLT or ARC too much. Weapons don't have much scaling until you upgrade them a lot though, so at first put all your points into HP (VIT? whatever its called) and END for survivability and just upgrade your weapons for damage. Once they're up to +5/+6 then you can start puttitng points into STR or SKL and seeing a return.

There's a lot of other little things I could point out but they'd be spoilers, you're better off going in blind and just taking your time and trying to soak it all up.

Post in the BB thread if you get stuck.

I played Dark Souls 1 and Demons souls, and in those games I think I focused on Vitality, Endurance, Power, and Dexterity. I seemed to really liked the dexterity weapons since I loved the Balder Side Sword.

I hate posting in Souls threads because a lot of the fans are hardcore and some are pretty annoying because apparently there is a "wrong" way to play Souls games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

blackguy32 posted:

I played Dark Souls 1 and Demons souls, and in those games I think I focused on Vitality, Endurance, Power, and Dexterity. I seemed to really liked the dexterity weapons since I loved the Balder Side Sword.

Skill is the new Dexterity. Like I said, focus on Vitality and Endurance for the first half of the game, then put it into STR and SKL or just pure SKL.

Not a ton of weapons will have the scaling you want (most are quality aka STR/SKL) but late game you get diablo style gems you can slot to change the parameter scaling of weapons, so you can really boost the STR or SKL bonus of any given weapon.

blackguy32 posted:

I hate posting in Souls threads because a lot of the fans are hardcore and some are pretty annoying because apparently there is a "wrong" way to play Souls games.

Yeah fair enough.

If you've already survived Dark and Demon's you should be fine to just hop into BB pretty much blind and figure it out from there.

Possible spoiler you may want to have a head's up about.
Minimal spoiler: The game has a secret ending. To get to it you need to satisfy a few possible conditions, which are easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing. You could save this as something to do next time through the game, or you could try for it now.
Medium spoiler:Try to avoid killing any NPCs you don't have to
Big spoiler: Do not kill Isofska at the clinic unless you save Arianna first. Just don't kill Isofska to play it safe. Killing her gives you a cool gem but its not worth missing out on the final boss of the game

That's pretty much the only 'gotcha' in bloodborne. There's one other part of the game you may get stuck and not know what to do, if so just post here and I'll help you out. But if you explore you'll figure it out.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Knights of the Old Republic II is 25% off on Steam and got a major update for the first time in years (!) so why not. Apart from downloading the restored content mod, any tips?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Knights of the Old Republic II is 25% off on Steam and got a major update for the first time in years (!) so why not. Apart from downloading the restored content mod, any tips?

Probottt posted:

- You can now influence your companions with certain dialogue options during the course of gameplay. Positively influencing your companions opens up dialogue trees which explains more of their backstory, as well as a bunch of other rewards besides simple experience points or items.
- On that same note, make sure you talk to all of your companions often. It is worth it.
- You can now use mines to automatically force open doors and containers if you don't want to bash them for two minutes, at the risk of destroying some of the objects in a container, and with no penalty for doors.
- If you want to see as much of the game as possible in one playthrough, your best best is the Sentinel. With that class, you get a ton of base class skills so you can interact with a lot of NPC's and objects, and you're not tied down to either melee weapons or the force like Guardians or Consulars are, respectively.
- Make sure you search every Assassin droid you kill. Their remains usually contain specific components used for getting a certain companion.
- Try not to get into a habit of relying on one or two companions for the entire game. Each character has something they can bring to the party, and I usually try to diversify my party when I play. Just because a companion can't use the force, doesn't mean they are useless.
- Not sure if this is true for everyone, but I found that it's really difficult to make a bad character. Invest in skills, feats, and powers that you think would be useful or fun, and you should be fine.
- Obsidian fleshed out the crafting mechanic for KotoR 2, so if you don't think you'll need an item, you can break it down into components and chemicals instead of just selling it, and make items and upgrades out of said components and chemicals. Use this and use it often, you can make some seriously great items with clever uses of the crafting system, and it's not too difficult to get the hang of.
To add to this:
- Always try to have someone who is good with ranged weapons in your current party. While it's tempting to have a party full of lightsaber-wielding Jedi, it's super handy to have a guy who can stay back and provide covering fire or throw grenades.
- Regarding your lightsaber, you'll find the components to build one on whichever planet you decide to visit first, so don't worry about missing out on it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Quarex posted:

This "god dammit not another anime girl game" conversation is hilarious and I would like to thank everyone involved for making me laugh at work.

But yes seriously how do you choose your games? Solely on the first three words of the title?

Isn't that the only reason Super Smash Bros. Brawl sold so well?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

With the new Steam update, you can just pop over to the Steam Workshop and get the RCM easy-peasy. Might save you some time or headache.

The plot will try and encourage you toward being morally and Force-ally grey, but in practice it's much more beneficial to go full Light Side or Dark Side.

If you do multiple playthroughs, try doing the planets in different order. The single time I played I saved Nar Shaddaa for last and ended up with one or two companions that simply never had time to be fleshed out. Maybe the RCM changes some of the speed-up toward the end of the story, but it's something to consider.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

"God dammit ... but I feel obligated to play it since it'll be coming to my house. And if those maidens get me hard and I get off to them a time or three, well it's not my fault, I sure didn't want some game featuring young semi-nude anime girls! Thanks for nothing, Gamefly."

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 22, 2015

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Bloodborne again.

How can I level myself up?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blackguy32 posted:

Bloodborne again.

find a boss to get your first point of insight or use a madman's knowledge item. you must have a point in the games insanity meter for the level up person to be awake in the dream

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Bloodborne again.

In the very beginning you can't. Once you've died to a boss though go talk to the doll in the hunter's dream.

Remember pancake-face from demon's souls? Do you seek soul power? Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.

Real hurthling! posted:

find a boss to get your first point of insight or use a madman's knowledge item. you must have a point in the games insanity meter for the level up person to be awake in the dream

Incorrect. :eng101: If you have 0 insight later she won't talk to you but she'll still let you level up. You only need to get an insight at some point first.

The insight vendor messengers will stop taking to you completely if you don't have enough, but the doll still lets you level up to be nice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

The insight vendor messengers will stop taking to you completely if you don't have enough

Incorrect. :eng101: this was patched to be just one point instead of 10

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

ninjahedgehog posted:

As with all KOTOR games going full dark or full light is more fun, although KOTOR2 has some rewards for going gray that aren't nearly as cool.

Blaster Jedi are totally possible. It's still jedi mage > jedi fighter > blaster jedi, but the game caters to any playstyle, have fun.

Not really a spoiler but depending on how careful you want to be:
Some party members can be converted to Jedi. Some who can be converted, will only do so in like one conversation tree in the entire game. ALSO- some characters only reveal they can become Jedi in near to one tree in the entire game, so if you want a bunch of Jedi converts, you should really just look it up. I was very surprised by one character, and totally missed the possibility on my first playthrough, so you may or may not want that spoiled. Definitely spoil yourself on a second playthrough in case you missed anyone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Incorrect. :eng101: this was patched to be just one point instead of 10

What was incorrect? I never said it was 10 points or 1. I said they wouldn't talk to you if you didn't have enough, which is still the case. They just changed what 'enough' means.

You were too quick to bust out the :eng99:

theshim
May 1, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

Blaster Jedi are totally possible. It's still jedi mage > jedi fighter > blaster jedi, but the game caters to any playstyle, have fun.
I actually did a playthrough as a full gunslinger machinegunning blaster shots at absurd rates in every fight and it was great, so I support this.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Thanks for the tips, guys. I could only play for a little bit yesterday so I'm still in the mining facility. In the least spoilery way possible, can someone tell me when I get a lightsaber/Jedi robes? I remember Taris in KOTOR 1 being kind of a slog because I spent the entire time wondering when the hell I could finally do cool Force poo poo.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Sometime ago I asked about advice for King's Bounty: Dark Side? I got the beneath, helpful reply. Does anybody have additional advice on top, now I'm finally going to start playing?

- The beginning is frustrating (particularly for Warrior) with no resupplying, damage spells or rage abilities. It's still rough at spots, but gets easier later.
- Quicksave after every fight, the game crashes quite a bit and sometimes gets stuck on tactical screen on computer's turn
- Healing spells don't work, do not scribe them, instead you'll get Dark versions of them somewhat later. Save healing scrolls (Healing, Warded Healing, Life Light, Resurrection and one more I forgot) or at least make note of where they are sold, because you need three of them to make the dark version.
- Jealousy rage skill is pretty good, the converted troop attracts a lot of aggro
- There aren't a lot of dragons in the game, maybe 20 of each total -- try not to get yours killed. The third Orc rage ability helps protect them. Blood Priests have a sacrifice ability which lets you create more, or you may get lucky with Call of the Colossus overland spell
- You can mix races more freely without morale penalties than you did in previous games. Vampires and Elder Vampires in bat form were my go-to guys.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Thanks for the tips, guys. I could only play for a little bit yesterday so I'm still in the mining facility. In the least spoilery way possible, can someone tell me when I get a lightsaber/Jedi robes? I remember Taris in KOTOR 1 being kind of a slog because I spent the entire time wondering when the hell I could finally do cool Force poo poo.

Ah crap that one has some stupid oath-taking or something doesn't it? Bah. Stealing some secrets off a FAQ and polishing them up.

When you get a lightsaber (non spoilers but in case someone's playing it safe):
The first time you go to another planet, and it requires parts you get from questing. Not quite as bad as the first game, but pretty bad.

Tips on getting your lightsaber (only very slight spoilers):
Go to Dantooine first because it has the best source of crystals in the game (including your "named" crystal). If you are Dark Side, you will still want to hit Dantooine first, but you might want to leave after getting the "YOURNAME" Crystal and Lightsaber, there is a rather tough boss fight.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Kalenden posted:

Sometime ago I asked about advice for King's Bounty: Dark Side? I got the beneath, helpful reply. Does anybody have additional advice on top, now I'm finally going to start playing?
Yes.
- you unlock flying on Darenbam(? - the small dwarven isle), you need to be level 30+. Get it ASAP, it's a huge QOL improvement
- travel to all the regions you unlock, this way you can quick-travel to them later
- the Great Artifacts are poo poo, you can use them up with no consequences, the collection achievement only cares if you found them.
- oh, and if you're doing achievements, don't sweat about Enslaver, later on you'll meet enemy groups that give 1000+ slaves per fight, so you can give them to questgivers or whatever. The only exception is the orc from Military Department that requires some obscene amount.
- some quests will require various scrolls (not only the light healing ones), so don't cast them left and right. You still have enough to scribe everything.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Kalenden posted:

- The beginning is frustrating (particularly for Warrior) with no resupplying, damage spells or rage abilities. It's still rough at spots, but gets easier later.
- Quicksave after every fight, the game crashes quite a bit and sometimes gets stuck on tactical screen on computer's turn
- Healing spells don't work, do not scribe them, instead you'll get Dark versions of them somewhat later. Save healing scrolls (Healing, Warded Healing, Life Light, Resurrection and one more I forgot) or at least make note of where they are sold, because you need three of them to make the dark version.
- Jealousy rage skill is pretty good, the converted troop attracts a lot of aggro
- There aren't a lot of dragons in the game, maybe 20 of each total -- try not to get yours killed. The third Orc rage ability helps protect them. Blood Priests have a sacrifice ability which lets you create more, or you may get lucky with Call of the Colossus overland spell
- You can mix races more freely without morale penalties than you did in previous games. Vampires and Elder Vampires in bat form were my go-to guys.

Pretty much covers it, along with do what you can to deny the enemy actions, the Trap spell is good at that, and anything that creates fodder for you like Engineers and demonologists are also good. Don't ignore magic just because you're a warrior, there are some decently powerful spells that require minimal investment.

Also don't do all sidequests, because you'll burn out. This game overstays its welcome significantly if you do everything. I really like the series but this one has so many trite sidequests that its really easy to get sick of it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Kalenden posted:

I posted some stuff on it a while back:

theshim posted:

The same things as always in King's Bounty apply - try to get troops that can summon, resurrect, or both, as that cuts down on your casualties significantly.

I didn't play the Demoness much, but the other two classes have absolutely batshit skills at the bottom of their trees. The Orc gets one that randomly doubles damage dealt, and the Vampire gets the ability to cast multiple times per turn.

Chaos Breath is a disgustingly overpowered spell. It randomly raises stats on friendly targets or lowers them on enemies, with more pronounced effects with higher Intellect. With the Vampire later on, Chaos Breath can reduce even the strongest creatures to single-digit health and attack/defense (as long as they're not immune to magic, anyway), making them trivially easy to massacre, and it can boost your creatures' by similarly ridiculous amounts (I saw upwards of 5k health at times).
Of note, the Orc's double damage can work on anything, even rage abilities. It's pretty stupid. I had a lot of fun with both the Orc and the Vampire and would recommend either.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
I've never played Skyrim. What's the most fun class (alternatively what boring class should I avoid) and are there any mods that are no-brainer must haves? I don't want to go crazy with modding right off the bat but if there's stuff that makes the game not crash or seriously improves quality of life like the inventory sorters in Fallout I'm all ears.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yip Yips posted:

I've never played Skyrim. What's the most fun class (alternatively what boring class should I avoid) and are there any mods that are no-brainer must haves? I don't want to go crazy with modding right off the bat but if there's stuff that makes the game not crash or seriously improves quality of life like the inventory sorters in Fallout I'm all ears.
You'll want to stick your head in over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567959

For a first, basic playing of the game, I'd grab at minimum the unofficial patches and SkyUI. There's no conventional classes, you just get better at stuff as you do it, so pick a few things you want to do and go nuts. The crafting skills can get pretty insane, especially if you work on all three of them (smithing, enchanting, and alchemy). Alchemy in particular is pretty easy to raise and is highly lucrative. You can raise everything, honestly, though I'd recommend focusing on one weapon and armor type (or destruction magic, if you want to be a nuke mage).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Yip Yips posted:

SkyUI and the unofficial patches are must-have mods that don't require loving around.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Yip Yips posted:

3rd-ing the SkyUI and unofficial patches.

They dropped classes and stats for the most part. It'd be smart to focus on one damage-dealing skill (at least early on), one armor type, and let the crafting :20bux: skills build up naturally over time. If you're really into non-armor clothing then you can probably afford to diversify a little more; if you're into sword AND board on the other hand, you might find yourself scraping and grinding for perk points. Most utility skills don't require a lot of focus and just seem to get better as you occasionally use them, so unless you're shooting for the moon with a crazy-high level character with every skill maxed twice over and 150+ perk points to play with, I wouldn't waste any in dumps like Lockpicking or Pickpocketing or Speech.

If you're going the casting route, you may be tempted to dump a bunch of points into Magicka, since near the beginning you can barely cast Apprentice-level spells and MP takes forever to regenerate, leaving you stuck hitting dudes with a stick. It won't pay off in the long run, since there are perks that halve costs for every school and spell level, equipment that gives/regenerates MP on top of lowering costs, and eventually you'll be able to enchant gear to the point that you can cast spells from 2 or 3 different schools for absolutely no MP cost at all.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Yip Yips posted:

What's the most fun class (alternatively what boring class should I avoid)

Like theshim said you don't have classes and can improve all skills which all contribute to your level.

Focus on a damage-dealing skill and either one of the armor types and don't try to level too many noncombat skills at once, or you'll level too quick and scaling will catch up with you before your combat prowess can handle anything.

Smithing and Enchanting can lead to some broken horseshit but are slogs to level up.

Two words of Whirlwind sprint are more efficient for moving one's rear end than all three. No Kest.

Unrelenting Force is surprisingly versatile.

Winterhold has the Mage's College and is the easiest place to pick up spellbooks for new spells.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I almost forgot those existed. Maybe it's easy to forget that you have over a dozen different, unlimited at-wills tied to a pretty fast cooldown when you're focused on hitting stuff with an axe all day, but they're there and they're useful. Don't forget like I did, Yip Yips.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Note that you can totally play Skyrim without any help at all aside from "do please install the patches and SkyUI you will thank us". But knowing some things might save you some headaches.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Focus on a damage-dealing skill and either one of the armor types and don't try to level too many noncombat skills at once, or you'll level too quick and scaling will catch up with you before your combat prowess can handle anything.

Skyrim sort of shares an issue with other recent TES games in that the combat difficulty is based on your total skills. If you spread yourself across a lot of things or put non-combat skills first the monsters will out-level you and get non fun. It's best to pick one attack and armor style early on, and keep those levels higher than anything else until you learn more about the systems. So your two highest skills should be combat related (one attack and one defense, which could be one-handed and heavy armor, or destruction and restoration, whatever). Then you should try to focus on a maximum of 2-3 other skills to develop. You can free-form quite a bit more once you get established in the game, but it pays to buy yourself some breathing room- you can always grind up your non-combat skills and go to higher-level dungeons when you want more of a challenge.

Separate from this but related, the game also has a "perks" system where you get points to unlock special abilties based on your skill trees, and sometimes the first perk in a skill tree has no prerequisite and is worth getting, like the first tier of Archery is Overdraw which gives you +20% damage with bows. This might be worth dumping a perk into if you don't have anything better to do with it, so be on the lookout for those.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Those +20% per rank basic perks are deceptively useful. It's probably best to boost them ASAP for the weapon skills and armor.

Not so much with the :20bux: skills except as prereqs.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
If being an invisible murder god is your thing, Skyrim crumbles completely in front of Stealth. With max Stealth and especially with a couple of Stealth-enhanced items your ability to not be seen gets pretty funny.

Sneak + Archery lets you take several 3x damage sneak attacks in a row from a distance against things and they still might not see you. Sneak + One-Handed gives you the absurd 15x damage sneak attacks with daggers which stacks with both Power Attacks and your One-Handed damage perks, so with a good enough dagger you can one-shot very nearly everything in the game with a backstab even on higher difficulties. And that's before you find the pair of gloves that double backstab damage which are not hard to get, giving your backstabs 30x damage that also stacks with all the other stuff.

If you want to do archery in general you can pretty much ignore all the bows and arrows you find after a point. The Bound Bow which is the weapon you get when you cast Conjure Bow (Adept-level Conjuration spell) is to my knowledge the best bow in the game which comes with unlimited arrows to boot, so a combination of Archery + Conjuration is pretty potent. If you don't care about Conjuration otherwise, you can just ignore all the Conjuration perks that buff summons and go for things that empower conjured weapons.

Mod-wise, there are a trillion visual-improving mods and none of them are necessary, but I'm still going to recommend one in particular which is enhanced lights and FX as proper lighting makes a world of difference even if you're not otherwise fussy about visuals.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yip Yips posted:

Do yourself a favor any never touch enchanting or blacksmithing. Both are completely broken and trivialize any items you will find in the game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Just go do the main quest and stuff. You get force powers and robes long before you get the lightsaber. Heck you get "Disable Droid" before you even leave the mining facility.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Just bought The Legend of Korra because I'm a slave to Platinum games.

Has anyone got any tips in general?

More specifically, whenever I run into these Triad fellows they seem to wreck me unless I move two of them off camera and focus on just one of them. How am I supposed to be handling them? Hard to believe this is a game for kids when I'm retrying the same fight four times in a row on normal.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I caved and got the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 today so I could be mad about the ending I mean finally play the third game. What dlc isn't included (not gonna bother with the multiplayer stuff) and does that poo poo ever go on sale because I don't want to give EA any more money than I have to to get ALL the stuff. Seriously, it's looking like story poo poo alone for 3 is going to cost like $20 or so.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for the King's Bounty: Dark Side advice! I've finally started and am enjoying the game (even though it is slightly less polished than I expected based on the other games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Centipeed posted:

Just bought The Legend of Korra because I'm a slave to Platinum games.

Has anyone got any tips in general?

More specifically, whenever I run into these Triad fellows they seem to wreck me unless I move two of them off camera and focus on just one of them. How am I supposed to be handling them? Hard to believe this is a game for kids when I'm retrying the same fight four times in a row on normal.

That's basically the way to handle them early. Later when you have better chi charging you'll have options for wider-reaching attacks that can lock all three down at once. Just try to keep up the heat and bait them into countering you--that triggers an (easy) QTE that lets you counter-counter for hefty damage. If you have the ice dart attack you can try to temporarily shut some of them down that way.

Just remember that you can't block earth attacks (neither can they, for that matter).