Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nice disingenuous humblebrag :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's entirely sincere, and I have a diagnosis to prove it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I saw Ant-Man on Sunday and it was good. I generally find Paul Rudd amusing, so that probably helped. It probably isn't the best Marvel movie, but it's still good and charming.

I actually thought during the movie that it might be more aimed at children/teens because I don't recall much swearing and the violence is kind of toned down.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I wanted to like ant man but the writing sucks, it's pretty clear that they took a good script and shoehorned a bad script into it. You can see the patches and it's not cool. Also some sequences play out like a video game in a really strange way, like the part where he's learning what the suit does feels exactly like watching someone play the tutorial phase of a game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i am so tired of superman movies

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
imagine in 30 years when we have to deal with the endless barrage of minecraft movies

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

uranus posted:

imagine in 30 years when we have to deal with the endless barrage of minecraft movies

if adam sandler had his way we'd see it next summer. Pixels 2: 16-bits.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

Well you probably won't have to wait 30 years.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3566834/

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm at Ant-Man and there's a commercial for Splatoon and for some esports thing. What are the movies coming to?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Paul Rudd is ok looking in a strung out stay at home dilf kinda way

You took the words out of my mouth. Describes the man perfectly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I'm at Ant-Man and there's a commercial for Splatoon and for some esports thing. What are the movies coming to?

Response: They made a new vacation movie. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and completely out of ideas.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Runaktla posted:

Just saying...

Holy poo poo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was fun. Paul Rudd is very charming.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

am i the only human being who can't get over paul rudd's self-loathing bemused attitude to acting? it feels like the entire time he's on screen he's always thinking "haha can't believe you idiots are paying me for this".

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

am i the only human being who can't get over paul rudd's self-loathing bemused attitude to acting? it feels like the entire time he's on screen he's always thinking "haha can't believe you idiots are paying me for this".

Yes, cause its all very good natured not snarky or cocky.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

Actually I could totally see him thinking that all the time like "I can't believe I have this much money! People are so dumb!"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

To be fair, if I was a movie star that is what I'd be thinking all the time.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Yes, cause its all very good natured not snarky or cocky.

yeah but that's the thing, i think it comes off as snarky/cocky. you have some people like christ pratt or christian bale who give off the same 'enjoying themselves on the bizarre side of life' vibe but without any of the included smugness that i get from rudd every time he gives us that signature nostril flare look

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let's tie it all together and just blame Judd Apatow

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

yeah but that's the thing, i think it comes off as snarky/cocky. you have some people like christ pratt or christian bale who give off the same 'enjoying themselves on the bizarre side of life' vibe but without any of the included smugness that i get from rudd every time he gives us that signature nostril flare look

christian bale seems approximately a billion percent more smug than rudd

chris pratt is cool though

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Paul Rudd is not snarky or cocky. His characters are just laid back doofuses and he gets away with it cause he's funny and charismatic.

Paul Rudd is cool.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's gross to think that either bill hader or any schumer are attractive in the first place, but to actually compare them as potential stars of a vehicle because of your preference is a lot more self important than idly discussing attractiveness

I would rate myself about a 5 pig but apparently other people disagree

Is the sole disagreer your mom who says you're her "handsome boy"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My mother is actually quite critical, it tends to be younger or significantly older women that find me attractive

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Paul Rudd is not snarky or cocky. His characters are just laid back doofuses and he gets away with it cause he's funny and charismatic.

Paul Rudd is cool.
yep agreed

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I never knew people dislike paul Rudd but I guess that's probably the same as me and my dislike for Anne Hathaway

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

My mother is actually quite critical, it tends to be younger or significantly older women that find me attractive

Confirming.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I never knew people dislike paul Rudd but I guess that's probably the same as me and my dislike for Anne Hathaway

A lot of people inexplicably hate Anne Hathaway.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Confirming.

A lot of people inexplicably hate Anne Hathaway.

I used to like her now I dislike her. I don't exactly know what happened

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kumbamontu posted:

christian bale seems approximately a billion percent more smug than rudd

chris pratt is cool though

excuse me but chris pratt is most definitely NOT cool: http://www.clickhole.com/article/da...source=facebook

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Let's talk about something else that's very important.

It's about how Ghostface Killah is a punkass bitch and needs to step off of Action Bronson.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He comes off as hyper insecure

Bronson's brag was clearly about current output, and it's true regardless of ghost's legacy or output over his career

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

He comes off as hyper insecure

Bronson's brag was clearly about current output, and it's true regardless of ghost's legacy or output over his career

I agree.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Let's talk about something else that's very important.

It's about how Ghostface Killah is a punkass bitch and needs to step off of Action Bronson.

Lol I have no idea what you're talking about but I think I could probably beat up action Bronson. That is a doughy man

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's pretty strong, peep his stage bodyslams etc

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man I've been waiting for the bus for like an hour and I don't even know if it is coming and it'd take like 40 minutes to walk home and I suppose I could but now I'm trapped in this perpetual state of oh if I leave then as soon as I do the bus will come. So I'm just sitting here. Also I can see rain clouds coming but I don't know how long they'll take to get here. I guess I just live at this bus stop now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay the bus came.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The only way to get things done is to complain about them. Even if the person you complain to can't do anything about it. Karma comes along to make you look like you're complaining about nothing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Once when I was young I got stuck in one of these situations for like 3 hours cause I didn't realize the bus I was waiting for was a peak hours only bus so it wasn't going to come for hours and at any time I could have walked like 10 minutes to the stop for another bus but I was sure it would come VERY SOON. Of course as soon as I decided to do this the bus I was originally waiting for showed up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
chris pratt is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQhS2q7IHQM

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot