Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
reading that really approximates the experience of listening to dave talk very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's funny that he can say that and then go out and be more negative about G1 than most people i've heard so far

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Through some umms and y'knows in there, what's your hurry

Haha it's true, I DID edit those out. For the UNTOUCHED AUDIO version here ya go (I didn't make this video. That part starts at 1:35)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-nh8mhewe4

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/7/21/9008155/from-enchantment-to-disenchantment-in-two-short-nights

The post itself is whatever, but holy poo poo: there are people on this Earth who became wrestling fans because they liked Fozzy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mob posted:

ah so the plan is to change fully into a fan fiction site after September

TNA becoming an e-fed would be the most appropriate end, honestly.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Blast Fantasto posted:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/7/21/9008155/from-enchantment-to-disenchantment-in-two-short-nights

The post itself is whatever, but holy poo poo: there are people on this Earth who became wrestling fans because they liked Fozzy

Cageside Seats is generally on-point, but their Fanpost section is hilariously hit-or-miss.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Blast Fantasto posted:

I know one guy who got into wrestling because he was a Lizzy Borden fan

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

triplexpac posted:

Through some umms and y'knows in there, what's your hurry

Clone High reference, I enjoyed it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Cageside Seats is generally on-point, but their Fanpost section is hilariously hit-or-miss.

I got a Fanpost about Punk's heel turn in 2013 front paged. :smug:*

*should not actually be smug about this

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
i don't understand the market for those sites honestly. how much uninformed complaining about how wwe is bad can anyone really need. i listen to dave meltzer's informed complaining and that's enough for me.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Blast Fantasto posted:

I was actually into Fozzy around 2002ish because I was a fan of the guitar player. Dude's a monster riffer.

Those days are long past. Still respect the guitar though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spermgod posted:

how much uninformed complaining about how wwe is bad can anyone really need.

Apparently a lot -- CSS is one of the highest-traffic sites on the entire SB Nation network.

(Full disclosure that SBN pays my rent so I'm not being entirely objective here)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Fresh off of tumblr!

someone that is actually serious about this crap posted:

“WWE, besides being obviously progressively sexist, is racist. Cena’s whole rapping gimmick was cultural appropriation, DX did blackface, The British Bulldog had dreadlocks (cultural appropriation), there was never a black WWE champion, WWE fans chanting the N word multiple times, pretty much every POC wrestler has mostly race/nationality based gimmick, and they’re also usually heels against a white face wrestler… It’s so bad that nobody ever calls them out on this stuff.”

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
theyre mostly right

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I've never heard anybody chant friend of the family at a wrestling match and bulldog's dreads were horrific but not racist but the rest I can agree with.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
they weren't dreads they were cornrows

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yeah he's wrong about there being no wwe champions ever

there was exactly one, and it was the rock

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

some people are adamant that this doesn't count

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 21, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

some people are adamant that this doesn't count

I don't really get that, but I get the argument that he's the exception that proves the rule.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also Booker T doesn't either because he was on SmackDown.

I assume the same goes for Mark, here.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Booker T and Mark Henry technically had the WHC and not the WWE title. Though, when Booker had it Raw and Smackdown were more on equal footing, and Booker T actually main evented PPVs as the champion so that technicality doesn't matter as much.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
New Day should be WWE Champion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They retroactively count them as world championship reigns now, so there have been multiple black champions. Maybe not with the #1 title at the time, but the Big Gold version of the WHC was booked over the WWE title at PPVs quite a few times during the split and even switched to Raw multiple times.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

New Day should be WWE Champion.

Also this. Freebird that poo poo.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

They retroactively count them as world championship reigns now, so there have been multiple black champions. Maybe not with the #1 title at the time, but the Big Gold version of the WHC was booked over the WWE title at PPVs quite a few times during the split and even switched to Raw multiple times.

this is exactly why i can agree that booker t counts while mark henry doesn't. the brand split was over when henry won the belt, and as much as wwe can try and tell me that henry, sheamus, del rio, bryan, and ziggler were major title holders when they had the whc it doesn't make it true when you have a belt that's firmly in the midcard

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 21, 2015

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Wrestling Bigots

The Fighting Racists

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

this is exactly why i can agree that booker t counts while mark henry doesn't. the brand split was over when henry won the belt, and as much as wwe can try and tell me that henry, sheamus, del rio, bryan, and ziggler were major title holders when they had the whc it doesn't make it true when you have a belt that's firmly in the midcard

A case could still be made for Mark Henry because his win was immediately after the announcement of the split ending in 2011, and the WHC was still very much a Smackdown-exclusive for quite a while after. They certainly didn't book them on equal levels, but at no point did they ever state one was higher than the other. Even when Cena got the WHC for that brief period, when he challenged Orton he said "there are two world champions", and WWE counts his WHC run from a couple years ago as one of his Flair-tying title reigns.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mark henry's whc run improved ratings

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
A white guy rapping is not cultural appropriation.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Did I miss TNAMecca's reactions to the Hernandez clusterfuck? It seems like the sort of thing that'd generate something good.

Well, good in a bad sense.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Teddybear posted:

Did I miss TNAMecca's reactions to the Hernandez clusterfuck? It seems like the sort of thing that'd generate something good.

Henan-who?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Teddybear posted:

The mod of TNAMecca almost rage-quit over it and is still pretty salty. It's fun to watch him reconcile this with the people who are still really positive about the company.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The whole foreign heel vs American face thing is so overdone by now that I was half of the opinion that Rusev was a massive parody of those types of heels. And then the Cena–Rusev feud just kept dragging on…

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Sunnys thoughts on today's women wrestling.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

was this before or after she exchanged money to piss on camera for the day?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ShootaBoy posted:

Fresh off of tumblr!

theyre cornrows tumblr you stupid loving web site if youre going to talk about racial appropriation get your drat hair style names right

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm just going to tell you guys straight up, I poo poo in Sunny's mouth for $8. I paid in quarters.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
tumblr, forever answering the question, Yes, there is in fact a worse fan than the one you think of. It and TV tropes have made filtering poo poo opinions so much easier

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mob posted:

I'm just going to tell you guys straight up, I poo poo in Sunny's mouth for $8. I paid in quarters.

you're a bad negotiator

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

you're a bad negotiator

Not if he ate the $8 in quarters first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

BigDawg801 Moderator • 2 minutes ago

TNA charging me $50 bucks for Slammy and then showing the main event for free on DA?
This is what getting raped must feel like.