Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe this is an endurance challenge for whoever is still awake whenever EXACT posts it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I believe this is an endurance challenge for whoever is still awake whenever EXACT posts it

I can stay up all night long! :perv:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I can stay up all night long! :perv:

drat it, it's :pervert:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The crowd roars with excitement as our eight brave combatants step forward to accept the challenge. The roar fades as a regal-looking man on a high balcony steps forward and begins to speak. His voice is magically amplified and reaches every seat in the arena

"People of Erratzia and elsewhere, welcome the first of many challenges at this years Tournament of Heroes! This year, we have warriors from all corners of the globe, and to celebrate that, we have a battle of wits and skill for all of you!"

The man motions to the center of the arena, and, with the grinding of gears and stone, a series of stone structures rises from under the ground.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cq9Yb5DRtpqp02FnCv1zkPpLDg3KgEEllRPwoNkVvaQ/edit?usp=sharing

Four raised stone platforms occupy the corners of this arena, each surrounded by a hazard of some kind: water, pits, mud, and walls. In the center of the platforms is a larger structure with four glowing keyholes at its base and a shining golden crown resting on a dais on top of it.

"Now, we see who has the metal to take this first crown. Combatants, begin!"

RULES
Each of you has been assigned a number. This number will represent your position in the arena. The four colored circles in the corners represent a key that corresponds to one of the locks on the central pillar. In order to win this challenge, you must get a key and then use it to unlock the corresponding lock, then ascend the platform and collect the crown. The hazards surrounding the corner pillars are difficult to traverse, but there are four item scattered in the center of the arena to aid you.

Each round, you will get two actions, which may be any combination of moving one space in a cardinal direction, grabbing an item from an adjacent space, using an item you have grabbed, or attacking a player in an adjacent space. These actions will be submitted using this form and processed in the order that they are received. You may only input your action for a round after every action in the previous round has been processed.

If you attack another player or attempt to conquer a hazard without the aid of the appropriate item, your success will be determined by RNG. When you successfully attack another player, you will knock them down and they will need to spend an action to stand up again, denoted by moving to the square they currently occupy. When you knock down a player, you have a chance of stealing an item or key that they carry.

The challenge ends when someone successfully grabs the crown in the center. The winner of the challenge gains immunity from the execution for TODAY ONLY, and anyone holding a key when the challenge ends will be granted an item.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I want someone to mod a steven universe-themed game so I can play in it.

dibs on BabyMelon

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

I want someone to mod a steven universe-themed game so I can play in it.

Add Steven and the Gems into CK2 using the character creator

problem solved

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

:getin:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

you can even install the "After the End" mod and make MAYOR DEWEY count of Delmarva, with steven and co in his court.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I messed the form up

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
While the challenge is running, you are all free to post in thread to cheer, heckle, shittalk, etc., even if you aren't taking part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I think I've submitted right.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:munch: Go Anarc! :munch:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jon joe posted:

Hey, I'm still you're Cult Leader!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I'm still you're Cult Leader!

drat it. Your.

I hate that mistake. :mad:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
add chat to doc

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
remove rows 24 through 1000.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

actions in...

nobody touch my key, or i will crush you

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My Internet is cutting in and out so that sucks

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm all alone in chat

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

jon joe posted:

Yay I have a fan! I've always wanted fans!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

My Internet is cutting in and out so that sucks

How do you know one of the combatants isn't messing with your internet using magic?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think I am at the crown already? can someone else check the map and confirm??

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Submitted ~~~ <3

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I'm all alone in chat

I'm your huckleberry.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:munch: The fans are out of control! :munch:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:munch: The fans have been ejected from the stadium :munch:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:henget:

you can't deny it meek

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oops, totally spaced this. Sadness.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

:henget:

you can't deny it meek

that should say merk but I feel that the meek are equally unable to deny it, if not more so

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Can I be taken out of the view only mode for the chat please?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
RULES ADDENDUM:
If you do not submit an action withing five minutes of the first player of the round to submit, you forfeit your action for that round.

CPig and QPQ I still need your actions for this round. You have untill 11:00

Pig you should be able to post in the chat sheet.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EXAKT Science posted:

RULES ADDENDUM:
If you do not submit an action withing five minutes of the first player of the round to submit, you forfeit your action for that round.

I submitted it, but you know, cant talk in the doc

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Can I be taken out of the view only mode for the chat please?

You have to back out and rejoin the sheet.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXAKT Science posted:

RULES ADDENDUM:

Pig you should be able to post in the chat sheet.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to submit yet.

My action should be in now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
REFRESH THE PAGE

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

REFRESH THE PAGE

I DID

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Welcome fans! This is Dan Dierdorc broadcasting to you live, via cantrip. Here at Fantasy Sports News, we're committed to bringing you insightful, cutting edge commentary to keep you up on all your favorites here at the TOURNAMENT OF HEROES!

Up first, we have the infamous 'King of the Hill' event. Fun fact for those of you at home, an orc has never won this particular event! Many attribute that to a certain level of bias inherent in the Regulamancers referring this match, but that's not for this announcer to say!

Folks, this is the perfect challenge to warm us up here at the arena! What most people don't know is that there's an intelligence test required during arena auditions, instituted after a game of wits stumped the contestants for two weeks, bringing the games to a halt. It looks like the games have begun, as most of our contestants have begun scrambling towards the center of the arena in an obvious attempt to grab a tool to help them across the obstacles. You know, back in my day, with challenges like this we didn't dance around trying to find the best way to do a thing, we just did it. One time, I jammed a Merman's skull into a lock until it opened. Can't argue with results! It remains to be seen whether our contestants will use the tools that have been provided for them to construct some kind of long noose, but yours truly is hopeful! You can expect everything and anything at the TOURNAMENT OF HEROES, brought to you by Elminster Brand Deli Meats, with the taste of Forgotten Realms!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
halp I am stuck in the mud!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Goodnight imgay

sleep tight pupper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid