Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Isn't there an episode of that pissdrinker guy where he just eats one of those? I remember wanting to vomit during that scene.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well he eats some similar huge grub, but those things are actually eaten pretty regularly by locals and don't even taste bad so he was just being over dramatic for the camera. The really dumb thing is I remember another episode where he ate grubs and was totally fine with it so I don't know why he decided to fake being grossed out in that one.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Inzombiac posted:

In the future, if you see a very skinny "woman" in black and white acting like she is underwater, it's from MAMA.

Also if you see a very skinny being with hosed-up proportions in a movie in general, it's probably in part this guy:

Say Nothing posted:

Javier Botet!

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Back around the turn of the century making a corporate mascot that actually looked friendly and appealing hadn't occurred to anyone yet.

Apparently nightmare inducing terror was the preferred approach.

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.

More info here.

Whales are too big. They're beautiful, but if it's so big that they can accidentally capsize a boat that is too big for my liking. Imagine just sitting in your boat, getting ready to grab another beer from the cooler when all of a sudden a giant, gaping maw of horror bursts out of the water just feet from the boat.

Nope!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

How cute! It's a baby Rhinoceros Beetle.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fry it up and put it on a bun.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Internet Kraken posted:

Well he eats some similar huge grub, but those things are actually eaten pretty regularly by locals and don't even taste bad so he was just being over dramatic for the camera. The really dumb thing is I remember another episode where he ate grubs and was totally fine with it so I don't know why he decided to fake being grossed out in that one.

That particular grub is normally eaten cooked, and he just eats it raw. Doesn't help that it explodes and dribbles goo over his chin. :gonk:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

That particular grub is normally eaten cooked, and he just eats it raw. Doesn't help that it explodes and dribbles goo over his chin. :gonk:

Yeah if it was the one I'm thinking of it was really gross to watch and looked ridiculously unpleasant to eat even if he'd done it before. I remember him being skeeved out by how huge it was but he knew he'd have to eat it for the show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SamLikesCake posted:

More info here.

Whales are too big. They're beautiful, but if it's so big that they can accidentally capsize a boat that is too big for my liking. Imagine just sitting in your boat, getting ready to grab another beer from the cooler when all of a sudden a giant, gaping maw of horror bursts out of the water just feet from the boat.

Nope!

This would simultaneously terrifying and amazing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I hate when the ocean does that!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SamLikesCake posted:

More info here.

Nope!

This look like the sort of picture the protagonists would discover in the first act of a horror film while investigating what happened to their missing friends.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

SamLikesCake posted:

More info here.

Nope!

Baleens are as scary as an oil filter! :colbert:

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
I'd rather be chewed in half and die quickly than drown between some icky bristles.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SybilVimes posted:

Baleens are as scary as an oil filter! :colbert:

Most oil filters can't capsize your boat and crush you beneath several tons of their sheer blubbery mass.

(Also I love your username, Duchess of Ankh.)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Say Nothing posted:

I hate when the ocean does that!

Can't figure this one out

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I can see from some of the pixels that it might be shopped.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Inception

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Panorama view hosed up when putting individual pictures together, probably.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

The camera is on a tripod, that is knocked over by the wave half way through the image capture (on a rolling shutter camera)

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

I know I should feel repulsion at the horrors of WWI, but all I see is, "Wait, did I leave the oven on!?"

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Stryder posted:

I know I should feel repulsion at the horrors of WWI, but all I see is, "Wait, did I leave the oven on!?"

You're thinking WWII.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Booooooo

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Barbed Tongues posted:

You're thinking WWII.

:master:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stryder posted:

"Wait, did I leave the oven on!?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Barbed Tongues posted:

You're thinking WWII.

:krad:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This horse is called an 'Akhal Teke' and I'm sure many have already seen this image.

But were you also aware they apparently carry some seriously freaky defects in their genes? Like hairlessness.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Wedemeyer posted:

This horse is called an 'Akhal Teke' and I'm sure many have already seen this image.

But were you also aware they apparently carry some seriously freaky defects in their genes? Like hairlessness.

That's to be expected with purebreeds of most species; tons of purebred dogs and horses have serious defects or abnormalities. You want a creepy mutant horse? I'll show you a creepy mutant horse.

This is a product of the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and photographs of it and other mutant animals were sent to Mikhail Gorbachev to try and convince him to more seriously investigate the long-term consequences of the meltdown. Of course, no such thing was done.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

That thing is the reason I never made it past level 12.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Lamprey Cannon posted:

That's to be expected with purebreeds of most species; tons of purebred dogs and horses have serious defects or abnormalities. You want a creepy mutant horse? I'll show you a creepy mutant horse.

This is a product of the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and photographs of it and other mutant animals were sent to Mikhail Gorbachev to try and convince him to more seriously investigate the long-term consequences of the meltdown. Of course, no such thing was done.

Probably because most of the images are fake, or at best (as in this case), cherry-picked *normal* random mutations.

Pictured, wild horses in the exclusion zone:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerhead bat.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

SybilVimes posted:

Probably because most of the images are fake, or at best (as in this case), cherry-picked *normal* random mutations.

Pictured, wild horses in the exclusion zone:

Just what the endangered members of Przewalski's horse needed, some radiation in their gonads.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

TunaSpleen posted:

Just what the endangered members of Przewalski's horse needed, some radiation in their gonads.

They were released there intentionally, the risk of damage by radiation is far outweighed by the lack of humans loving poo poo up, in conservation terms.

edit:

Although humans are loving poo poo up again:

quote:

In Chernobyl, the population reproduced at a high rate, reaching up to 200 individuals until poachers decreased their number to just 60 in recent years. As of 2011, it was estimated that only 30–40 individuals remained. An intensely researched population of free-ranging animals was also introduced to the Hortobágy National Park puszta in Hungary; data on social structure, behavior and diseases gathered from these animals is used to improve the Mongolian conservation effort.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BOO!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Lamprey Cannon posted:

That chef is looking like he tapped it on the head and is disappointed because this one isn't ripe yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SybilVimes posted:

They were released there intentionally, the risk of damage by radiation is far outweighed by the lack of humans loving poo poo up, in conservation terms.

edit:

Although humans are loving poo poo up again:

What are poachers targeting some horses for? What do they provide that domestic horses do not?