Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was neat, hopefully I am around for the next challenge so I can show you all real, ultimate power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

How about the horribly thin and dumb case on keane that looks like something a scum would make.

that is a horrible no-good reason to vote for keane.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

But what makes it scummy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

are you for real

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Horrible no-good" or scummy? Or do you consider them synonymous?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Just a friendly reminder that you should have at least 25 posts by the end of the day to avoid replacement. You can do it! I have all the faith in the world that you can :justpost: :)

I would argue that making a case at this point in the game, no matter how paper-thin, is pro-town.

CapitalistPig posted:

How about the horribly thin and dumb case on keane that looks like something a scum would make.

I think sitting back silently and waiting for other people to make cases is something scum would do, and is likely doing right now as we speak.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote pinmom I don think murmur had a great case or anything, but pinmom's vote feels super opportunistic and herefuses to support it when questioned

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

are you for real

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Solid defence

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You're written two things about me: one of them a feeling, one of them outright false. There's nothing to defend against~

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Support your murmur vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

"Horrible no-good" or scummy? Or do you consider them synonymous?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PinMom apparently has to pay per letter he types.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

PinMom apparently has to pay per letter he types.

Those new cell phone plans are a real pain in the rear end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That is a horrible, no good reason to vote MMT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Maybe death would be exciting.

I doubt it, though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

That is a horrible, no good reason to vote MMT

i know u are but what am i

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
/me puts his crown on at a jaunty angle.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Looking carefully at his posts, I feel like he is making this up to cover up something deeper:

I think these quotes prove that Keane is emotionally invested, and suspect that he is trying to go unnoticed so that he can sneak his way towards the finish.

I call. ##vote CCKeane

Doesn't mean much given my current vote but I like this.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't see what's wrong with MMTs casing of keane. It's not a rock solid case but we don't have much to go on day 1. I don't agree with it, but i also don't think she's scum at this point. She seems to be the only person actually scum hunting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't see what's wrong with MMTs casing of keane. It's not a rock solid case but we don't have much to go on day 1. I don't agree with it, but i also don't think she's scum at this point. She seems to be the only person actually scum hunting.

The case is a little odd because it's kind of a flavor case.

Personally, I don't see the harm in with some flavor discussion, but I've been yelled at enough to know that flavor cases are a bit of a lightning rod.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think this post sufficiently proves Anarc is scum. I'm happy to be as invested in scum hunting as murmur is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think this post sufficiently proves Anarc is scum. I'm happy to be as invested in scum hunting as murmur is.

Seems legit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Alternatively, Anarc: What part of bolding the words "good" and "hope" and saying "voila, scum!" do you think is actual scumhunting.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Why would Goo want me to win? What are you talking about Goo?

Also, it was never my intention to win the game, it was my goal to finish with a key in hand and get an "item" as a result.

I did what I had intended to do. If you were invested in my victory, you might have wanted to say something.

Hey... Didn't goo become hated? Perhaps they have a way to wager on these contests. Could that be it?

Is Goo the Pete Rose of Mafia?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I didn't say it was a good case. I said I don't think she's scum for being the only one actually trying to scum hunt when we have literally nothing to go on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Alternatively, Anarc: What part of bolding the words "good" and "hope" and saying "voila, scum!" do you think is actual scumhunting.

Hope is pretty scummy, if you are interested in being fair. Or not, whatever.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I didn't say it was a good case. I said I don't think she's scum for being the only one actually trying to scum hunt when we have literally nothing to go on.

Do you think bolding random words in posts is "trying to scum hunt".

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I think Goo is the gambler from "Kenny Roger's The Gambler"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

I have never been entertained.

Not once.

While I appreciate that people thought my case on Keane was genuine, I'm curious how people took it seriously when I took the above quote and pasted it as

CCKeane posted:

I have never been entertained.

Not

I'm sure people have figured this out at this point but the goal was just to put out something for people to react to and judge accordingly.

King Burgundy posted:

Doesn't mean much given my current vote but I like this.

##vote KB

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

On the surface, Keane would have us think that he isn't invested in the outcome. That, of course, begs the question: why enter a tournament that he doesn't care about?

Looking carefully at his posts, I feel like he is making this up to cover up something deeper:

I think these quotes prove that Keane is emotionally invested, and suspect that he is trying to go unnoticed so that he can sneak his way towards the finish.

I call. ##vote CCKeane

This stuff you pointed out, it seems more like dramatic flavor play than anything. Perhaps they are playing Nicholas Cage from Leaving Los Vegas, or an emo kid.

So in that regard I think your argument is off at this point. (Unless it's a ploy to use nihilism as a way to hide lovely actions) which will take some time to show.

But I don't think looking at this as a case is bad. I think initiating the serious scum hunt is good for business.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate that people thought my case on Keane was genuine, I'm curious how people took it seriously when I took the above quote and pasted it as

I'm sure people have figured this out at this point but the goal was just to put out something for people to react to and judge accordingly.

##vote KB

I like this less.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm switching to anarc ##vote anarc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote KB

What do you think of Narco? Please tell me, I am bored.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I like this less.

I am not above posting things to seek out reactions fro. Which to make judgement, but typically I ask for people to try and clarify and summarize information.

This feels more like a "trick" which puts you in a position to label people scummy for not having seen through your trick, it leaves things too open to your interpretation.

I don't know if I find it scummy, but i don't like it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Roydrowsy posted:

I am not above posting things to seek out reactions fro. Which to make judgement, but typically I ask for people to try and clarify and summarize information.

This feels more like a "trick" which puts you in a position to label people scummy for not having seen through your trick, it leaves things too open to your interpretation.

I don't know if I find it scummy, but i don't like it.

Look at her case. Look at how patently unreasonable it was. Look at people saying they like it, and how artificial that opinion has to be.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING MACHO MAN? YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP THE MERKANIACS FROM COMING TO TOWB BUT WERE HERE BROTHER

WE ARE HERE

##vote opo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote KB

My opinion on this is consistent. This looks like flailing to me.

• Locked thread